PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo envy

Rye
05-25-2010, 02:55 AM
I was on FB the other day. Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll look at photos from people I just vaguely know from High School's photos. That probably sounds creepy, but I'm not trying to creep on anyone. I just need something to look at during on my breaks at work. A girl, a year old than me, had a photo of her new tattoo. It was really gorgeous colorful maneki neko on her foot. I've seen a lot of maneki neko tattoos, and I've been toying with the idea of getting one eventually (I'm more of a literary tattoo person. I very rarely find an image tattoo that I love), but the one she had was just so perfectly drawn, and it looked perfect on her foot.

Don't get me wrong - I would never bite on someone's style and copy their tattoo. I would be so furious if someone did that to me. At the very least, get the tattoo on a different part of your body if you must copy the stencil. But I had the most intense tattoo envy in my life. Envy isn't a feeling I'm accustomed to feeling often. It suckssss. ;__;

Have you ever had tattoo envy? Show a photo of the subject!

missaira
05-25-2010, 02:59 AM
one of my friends had the phrase "i live for those i love" tattooed down the side of her foot at the place where they shoot the miami ink show on a trip to the us a few months ago... it's all swirly and awesome-like. i wish i had the pain threshold to stand a tattoo :|

fire_of_avalon
05-25-2010, 03:34 AM
A few years ago, I really wanted to save up crazy money and have Chris Garver give me a Tree of Life on my back.

But I'm really very fickle and i know that, eventually, I will move on to another idea. If I settle on one, though, I might get it.

I've never had envy for another person's tattoo. Just at their dedication.

Brunettepudding
05-25-2010, 03:36 AM
A friend of mine from another forum got Anima tattooed all down her side, from her shoulder to her hip. I thought it was sooo sexy, but I don't have a picture. Ever since, I've planned to get Anima tattooed on me somewhere someday. [:

Peegee
05-25-2010, 04:51 AM
A tattoo isn't some forum avatar or signature you can change on a whim - it stays on you forever. So if you have tattoo envy either you grossly disagree with me or you think very similarly to that person. Either way if that's what you fancy, have fun!

NorthernChaosGod
05-25-2010, 04:53 AM
I haven't seen anyone with tattoos that I really would want for myself, I hate a lot of people's ideas.

But I do have several designs at the ready for my own use when I decide to actually spend the money on some ink.

A friend of mine from another forum got Anima tattooed all down her side, from her shoulder to her hip. I thought it was sooo sexy, but I don't have a picture. Ever since, I've planned to get Anima tattooed on me somewhere someday. [:

I think you just may like that game too much. :p

Pheesh
05-25-2010, 06:30 AM
The singer from Tool and APC, maynard has the most awesome tattoo of a scorpion up his spine, if I were a braver, richer man I'd think about getting it.

Inferno
05-25-2010, 07:00 AM
I was about to create a thread about that, but laziness was stronger than me... anyway.
My first tattoo (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/128853-tattoos-2.html#post2766597) was finished almost 2 years ago, and I've been searching for ideas (for my left arm) since then! I wanted to have something representing my grandfather, and as his name is Gabriel, I thought about having the statue of the archangel of the same name. Nothing religious to me, it's just for the symbol.
The second one, still not convinced about it, will be a phoenix. I have not found the perfect picture yet, but here are 2 pics that are not so bad.

Bastian
05-25-2010, 07:54 AM
After getting a triforce and the three goddess symbols from Zelda . . . I saw an AMAZING tattoo of the Hylian shield that someone got done all over their back. I want it so badly! But he's already gone and done it. :(

Rodarian
05-25-2010, 12:57 PM
If I got a tattoo when I was younger.. It'll be something like FF Pic Logo... I would place it near my lower left of my abs...

Quindiana Jones
05-25-2010, 03:06 PM
I want to get "Who is the man that would risk his neck for his brother man?" tattooed along the length of my penis.

Chris
05-25-2010, 04:01 PM
I once saw a guy with a terrific GJ tatoo, and I felt like sharpening my knives. I got over it though, when I realized that they had mispelled her name. O:

NorthernChaosGod
05-25-2010, 06:33 PM
I want to get "Who is the man that would risk his neck for his brother man?" tattooed along the length of my penis.

Oh, you. :lol:

Cuchulainn
05-25-2010, 07:22 PM
I want Shaft tattooed on my Shaft. Think I seen it in Shaft.

Imperfectionist
05-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Oh wow, Inferno's tattoo is amazing!

I think i'm too indecisive to ever get a tattoo... :(

Breine
05-25-2010, 08:16 PM
I've seen many really cool tattoos, but I don't think I've ever seen one where I went: "I want that too!".

Like Imperfectionist, I'm probably too indecisive to get one. I am fascinated by them, though.

EDIT: I have to say, though, that Asian buddhistic tattoos are gorgeous, like e.g. from Thailand, Laos and Cambodia. But really, all authentic tribal tattoos are great - watch Tattoo Hunter on Discovery and you'll see what I mean. Some of the stuff he gets done on that show is so beautiful.

black orb
05-26-2010, 03:20 AM
http://www.cuerpoyarte.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/black_mage_tattoo_by_asherskiss.jpg

>>> I want one like that..:luca:<< I`d love this Luca sprite too..

Quindiana Jones
05-26-2010, 11:45 AM
I know exactly what tattoo I'm getting, I just keep not being arsed to get it designed.

missaira
05-26-2010, 03:05 PM
this is my friend's tattoo:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd290/sairalouise/24855_10150158906520581_783410580_1.jpg
it's a quote from max erhmann's deseradata:
"go placidly amid the noise and haste, remember what peace there may be in silence"

i think if i were ever brave to get a tat i'd want a quote like that or the one i mentioned earlier in this thread. or a teeny ladybug somewhere :)

Inferno
05-26-2010, 03:23 PM
One I'm not gonna get, but that is really well done :
http://www.thereader.com/blogs/film/uploaded_images/cool-spiderman-chest-tattoo-793872.jpg

missaira
05-26-2010, 03:33 PM
ow, that looks painful! just the thought of my chest ripping open.. :eek:

Breine
05-26-2010, 04:53 PM
One I'm not gonna get, but that is really well done :
http://www.thereader.com/blogs/film/uploaded_images/cool-spiderman-chest-tattoo-793872.jpg

That is very well done.

NorthernChaosGod
05-26-2010, 06:29 PM
That's going to look ridiculous when he gets old.

VexNet
05-26-2010, 06:36 PM
That Spiderman tattoo looks pretty incredible! ..

I'm not normally a tattoo person, I think majority of people go wrong with what they get and it looks horrible.

The only tattoo that I personally have an interest in having, is the Jin Kazama tribal design that he has on his left arm.

but I lack the muscle def to flaunt such a thing, plus, it's majorly geeky.

Imperfectionist
05-26-2010, 06:39 PM
NCG, I doubt he's gonna be wandering round when he's 70 with his chest out like 'Hey, ladies :smug:'.

Or if he does it'd be creepy even without the tattoo :(

Cuchulainn
05-26-2010, 06:58 PM
All my tattoos mean sometine personal except maybe the tribal on my left side so I don't really suffer envy that way. I look at others and can see they look amazing, but they're someone elses story not mine.

Rodarian
05-26-2010, 08:03 PM
That is the down side of tattoos...When u get old.. they look all stretched out and scary...

So have genitalia piercing instead! :smug:

NorthernChaosGod
05-26-2010, 08:25 PM
NCG, I doubt he's gonna be wandering round when he's 70 with his chest out like 'Hey, ladies :smug:'.

Or if he does it'd be creepy even without the tattoo :(

Lol. That's not me meaning at all. There's probably no tattoo that will age worse than that one, it's going to sag a lot.

Imperfectionist
05-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Haha i'm not doubting that it'll sag i'm just saying it's not in a place that everyone's gonna be looking when he's old XD

NorthernChaosGod
05-26-2010, 09:11 PM
It's going to look bad regardless of people looking at it or not though. :(

Things like that also make me hesitate from getting any ink done, I don't want to look retarded in my old age.

Quindiana Jones
05-26-2010, 09:15 PM
You're going to look retarded in your old age no matter what, Jake. May as well do it in style. ;)

NorthernChaosGod
05-26-2010, 09:27 PM
:colbert: I will not, Quin. I'mma maul you.

Quindiana Jones
05-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Haha I meant you as in one. All old people look retarded. That's the time to die your hair bubblegum pink and walk around naked, claiming your poor old man memory to be the cause.

Yes, I will be doing this.

NorthernChaosGod
05-26-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm going to be a fucking beast of an old man. You can have your pink hair.

Shorty
05-27-2010, 02:51 AM
I've always been quite fond of this tattoo.

Inferno
05-27-2010, 03:20 AM
Cool, texts or quotes are nice and delicate. I would get one if I could think of something worth being written

Zeldy
05-28-2010, 01:45 AM
I get tattoo envy and piercing envy.

http://img.xcitefun.org/users/2009/04/6899,xcitefun-japanese-tattoo.jpg

I WANT. My piercing envy is controlled as I have 11 piercings now, however I turn 18 in a matter of days, and then I shall start on my tattoo envy.

NorthernChaosGod
05-28-2010, 01:50 AM
DO NOT WANT.

Renmiri
05-28-2010, 04:15 AM
I get tattoo envy and piercing envy.

hehehe.. So do I, only have my ears pierced, and only once. Too chicken for pain :p

I was on FB the other day. Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll look at photos from people I just vaguely know from High School's photos. That probably sounds creepy....
Nah I do that as well.. is that old "whatever happened to..?" question that we all get once in a while

... the one she had was just so perfectly drawn, and it looked perfect on her foot.

Don't get me wrong - I would never bite on someone's style and copy their tattoo...
That is what Second Life is for :p You can play with tattoos, copy someone else's today, make a huge one tomorrow... All this and never see a needle :D

My SL girl has tons of piercing and tattoos.. I still have tattoo envy but not as much anymore :love:

Proxy
05-30-2010, 11:47 PM
I have 2 tattoos right now, and I really want more. But I'm just no good at thinking of anything small.
I have big ones that I want. But for my small ones I might get something from the TokiDoki line.
And my friend has a tattoo going from his shoulder to his lower back and its really cool, and I'm a bit jealous, but there is no way I would copy it. I hate that.

missaira
05-31-2010, 12:00 AM
http://img.xcitefun.org/users/2009/04/6899,xcitefun-japanese-tattoo.jpg

I WANT.

me too! this is amazing :)

Rye
05-31-2010, 12:53 AM
I love that tattoo!

I'm pining over a really gorgeous tattoo of a Chinese goddess that I saw on LA Ink marathon. =O

Iceglow
05-31-2010, 11:24 PM
I want to have a gothic script tattoo across the back of my shoulders, the quote is one that helped me face my darkest moments (and my darkest moments of life have definitely been since then, sure before then I was often down and depressed but it's as an adult I had to face those moments before I just ran from them) from the time I first read it back in 2003 it reads:

Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain

I like it because life is never easy death might be hard to contemplate but if you do kill yourself, it's over for good there are no re-tries. Duty in regards to the quote above is the duty we all owe to the ones we love, to be there no matter what, to live with the difficult choices not just for ourselves but for those around us.

Renmiri
06-01-2010, 03:37 AM
Great quote Iceglow!