PDA

View Full Version : Red XIII-Is the Japanese title better?

Tseng
05-26-2010, 03:39 AM
Did you like what I did with the title? Get it? Red XIII? You know like the Japa...ooh never mind. Anyhow I got my balmy mitts on a fresh copy of the Kanji-fied version of Final Fantasy XIII and I have to admit that....well....meh...its neither here nor there. Unlike other things of Eastern origin, the game's foreign factor served only as a velvet rope that kept me from its warm insides even after I paid the cover. Does this mean I like the things from afar any less? Of course not. I will attest to loving the Japanese language as much as any other uber-nerd who desires to be currently skipping along the Rainbow Bridge eating a Tokyo Banana rather than perilously braving an over warmed Hot Pocket. Yet with a game whose content is based on understanding the words and cultural motifs I found that its novelty wore off rather quickly. Bear in mind this is not my first play through so I'm not passing judgement on my first experience, only what one feels the game in its infinitive brings (or removes) from a visceral tout about in a new Fantasy land.

So what do you Japan-o-philes think? Good, Bad, or Ugly?

-B