PDA

View Full Version : New Beta Info!

Rostum
05-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Got some new information about some of the stuff that's going to be added to the next beta (or alpha) build that'll be released. All sounds very exciting to me!

Final Fantasy XIV Update

Famitsu has an interview with team Final Fantasy XIV this week. Here's a summary of the bullet points that were listed at Game Jouhou:

The Beta version will see some system changes that will make it so that you can more easily string together your attacks.

The alpha test had bad tempo with insufficient explanations. They've made some revisions to the beta, resulting in a completely different system.
It will be easier to save up Gil.
You remember that amazing comparison shot showing how much better the beta looks compared to the alpha? It seems that the beta uses a different technique for its shadows. The alpha version used something called "Project Shadows" while the beta version uses "Depth Buffer Shadows."
The city of Limsa Lominsa will have two levels.
There will be a robust log filter in place. This is something that wasn't finished in time for the alpha.
They're readying something large scale for your home, which functions like FFXI's Mog House.
They'll soon be adding alpha testers as part of the new "alpha 2" phase. They've already selected the participants via drawing!
As you play the game, you'll be able to freely change the god that you select during character making.
Vehicles for FFXIV include Chocobo, horse driven carriage, boat, and air ship.
You'll be able to select different colors for your equipment.

This Week's Flying Get (andriasang.com, 05.26.2010) (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/05/26/flying_get/)

I hope they mean a chocobo driven carriage...

Loony BoB
05-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Wait. Change your god. What? Sorry, just don't have any background as to what that would mean.

Ultimage
05-26-2010, 01:53 PM
In the character creation, you choose a god to align yourself with. We don't know how this affects your gameplay experience yet. Also, I'm with you Omecle, I don't know if I could imagine horses in a FF world.

One final thing, Mog Houses, yay!

Del Murder
05-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Sounds interesting, though I bet a lot of it would make more sense to me if I actually played the alpha. The god thing looks interesting, also changing color of your clothes should be fun. I know Miriel only plays this for the clothes.

Depression Moon
05-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Horses???

BTW when's the PS3 beta?

nirojan
05-27-2010, 04:27 AM
Horses???

BTW when's the PS3 beta?

Seconded...where's my PS3 beta!!

Cmon Square, i was a DAY ONE FFXIII sale!! and inside the case I was promised access to the PS3 beta!

Miriel
05-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Ooh, I like the sound of choosing your own colors for your equipment.

The horse drawn carriage thing is a little weird. Shouldn't it be a chocobo drawn carriage?

Glad to hear that things are chugging along as far as Alpha -> Beta is concerned.

Del Murder
05-27-2010, 10:17 PM
I'd prefer a moogle-driven rickshaw.

Rostum
05-28-2010, 01:10 AM
My guess is a mistranslation on "horse driven carraige". Also, I want to see more chocobos and more moogles, there's been a huge lack of them in the alpha and it makes me sad.

Rostum
05-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Here's a full translation of the recent interview!

Moving from Alpha to Beta (Dengeki) :: Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) :: ZAM (http://ffxiv.zam.com/story.html?story=22430)

Rostum
06-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Newest character selection screen for beta.

YouTube - FINAL FANTASY XIV "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rp1Wryh93s)

oddler
06-10-2010, 01:07 PM
I like that they're called guardians and not gods. :p

And I can hear the Final Fantasy theme! :choc2:

xXsarahXx
06-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Gahhh ive not been able to actually log into the beta trial yet :( :( Everytime i try (within the specified times) it just wont let me :(

When i do get in, someone feel free to show me what on earth is going on! Im Suriel :)

Rostum
06-25-2010, 12:55 PM
YouTube - FINAL FANTASY XIV "Metamorphosis: From Alpha to Beta" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-99sSSS3eP4&feature=player_embedded)