PDA

View Full Version : Baby you so FINE!

BarelySeeAtAll
05-26-2010, 07:17 PM
How do you take your compliments? Do you tend to shrug it off and act all ungrateful about it :mad2: or do you tend to giggle lightly and thank them? :jess: or pretend to be all-knowing about it, WHAT DO YOU DO?

On a side note I guess it's kind of a compliment for him. This year 7 girl on the bus was already conversing with the two year sevens behind her, but when it seemed there wasn't even any conversation going on she randomly said "I love you" to one of them. It was kind of sweet except he really wasn't listening and asked "what?" then she started saying something else unrelated. I wasn't sure at first that she DID even say I love you, but the whole situation stirred something in me....and it's not happy :( I think I knew she liked him a bit, having been one of those little tykes when I was that old so all the signs were - although subtle, to him probs - a little obvious to me. So I guess that was..one of those bittersweet type situations?

:greenie: Have you had a compliment today? Given any today? What's your idea of a good compliment?

:greenie:

Rye
05-26-2010, 07:22 PM
I like polite compliments. I don't like creepy compliments from creepy uncle type guys.

Mostly, I like them from unexpected places. One of the nicest compliment I was given in ages was by one of Huxley's housemates, who told him that I was a real catch. I never have my girlfriend-iness complimented. Sometimes I wonder if people think I'm a good girlfriend at all, so it was really pleasing.

NeoCracker
05-26-2010, 07:26 PM
I tend to get a bit bashful and I have no Idea how to respond. :blush:

Pheesh
05-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Dear lord, I thought this was going to be another 'hottest member' thread...

I like compliments that come from people I respect, and I especially like them when they are about something that I work hard on (eg. If I've learnt a new piece of music, or I've written something). Compliments about looks and such are always nice I guess, but I don't think they're all that great.

I guess I tend to put on my 'aw shucks' face when I get a compliment. But I think that's the natural reaction for a lot of people.

Agent Proto
05-26-2010, 07:35 PM
I don't give out free compliments, sorry babe. :aimkiss:

Kidding. However, I'm a bit terrible when given one, because I'm not sure how to react to one. I'm like, "uh... that's nice. Thanks." Or something to that extent. :)

Momiji
05-26-2010, 07:35 PM
I generally don't know how to take compliments, really. Someone can say something nice about me and I'll be like '...am I, now?'

Rodarian
05-26-2010, 07:54 PM
I just say "thank you" and then smile :)

Shiny
05-26-2010, 07:56 PM
It depends on the compliment. I generally don't like, "Nice ass, baby!" Either I will say thank you, or I won't respond to it.

fire_of_avalon
05-26-2010, 09:34 PM
I probably am the type that takes compliments poorly. I typically look down at the ground and don't say anything. Sometimes I remember manners and say thank you.

The best compliment I ever received; "I don't tell you anything to playcate you. You're too smart for that, anyway."

PeneloRatsbane
05-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Today a friend of my grans said she thought i looked like Lily Cole (that chick that was in Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus), I thought that was very nice of her and said thanks. But sometimes i get embarressed by compliments, like when the guy I liked who chose another girl over me told me that i looked really beautiful in the red dress i was wearing, but i think that was more cos of the context of the situation.

Chris
05-26-2010, 10:13 PM
As I have stated, I hate false modesty. I take all compliments the same way - gratefully. I know I'm hawt. :D

Captain Maxx Power
05-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Due to my paranoia I view every compliment with the utmost of suspicion, especially if it's from a female. I've had bad experiences of women pretending to come onto me in some sick game of "Look-at-the-awkward-guy-fall-for-me-while-I-lol-at-him". :mad:

PeneloRatsbane
05-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Due to my paranoia I view every compliment with the utmost of suspicion, especially if it's from a female. I've had bad experiences of women pretending to come onto me in some sick game of "Look-at-the-awkward-guy-fall-for-me-while-I-lol-at-him". :mad:

:( those girls suck!! personally I think awkard guys are the best

Miss_Lulu
05-26-2010, 11:39 PM
It depends on who's complimenting me.
If it's my boyfriend and he's all 'Baby you're gorgeous', I generally reply with 'I know.' Just to be cocky. He thinks it's funny. :D

But if it's from like someone else I generally just tend to blush and stammer a thank you.

Aerith's Knight
05-27-2010, 12:06 AM
I thank people, but usually I don't believe them. I'm a realist.

Iceglow
05-27-2010, 12:15 AM
I've given out compliments today, it's kinda part of the job the job being customer service roles. I have to be ready and able to make the customer leave happy and yet having brought things they probably don't need or want. The easiest way to do this especially with women considering my gender is to compliment, flirt a little and generally charm them in to buying it even if I don't find them physically attractive. However if it's the difference between a £350 transaction and no transaction it's not really a choice is it?

When I receive compliments I generally try to act a little smooth, make a joke out of it or something though today one girl complimented my oration skills and I jokingly added in "Well, not just the gift of the gab, I mean look at me...could you really refuse this? ;)" she actually agreed that I was charming and cute and hard to resist. I felt good about myself for 5 minutes for that.

Unbreakable Will
05-27-2010, 05:10 AM
Typically I don't respond too well, I'll usually stammer a thanks or blush and not say anything at all. Yeah, I'm that guy. :cool:

Mo-Nercy
05-27-2010, 05:23 AM
Mostly, I like them from unexpected places. One of the nicest compliment I was given in ages was by one of Huxley's housemates, who told him that I was a real catch. I never have my girlfriend-iness complimented. Sometimes I wonder if people think I'm a good girlfriend at all, so it was really pleasing.

Just once I'd like to hear one my girlfriend's friends say something like that.
I'm smurfing awesome, for chrissakes.

I remember I used to dish out empty compliments by the bucket load when I had a job in door to door sales. I signed up a lady to 3 contracts through her landline, her internet connection and her cable because I buttered her up by saying her car (boring little 2-door Mitsubishi) was awesome. She had apparently just bought it and no one else in her family appreciated it. I was saving her a good bit of money on the landline and internet compared to what she already had, but I felt pretty rotten about conning her into cable too. I quit the job a few days later. -_-

So now I'm a little too over-analytical about compliments when they're given to me, but generally, I'll say thank you and send one back.

G13
05-27-2010, 05:36 AM

I'm sorta the same way. At first I'll be all "Hey thanks! :monster:" but really I'm doubting the sincerity. There's a lot of stuck up bitches where I live so it's easy to tell if they mean it. But generally I try to be plite about recieving one even if I don't believe it.

If it's someone I know I'm more inclined to believe they mean it.

I don't really get a whole lot of compliments in real life so it's hard to pick one as my favorite. From my online friends it would be when NCG and Jiro praise my writings.

NorthernChaosGod
05-27-2010, 05:52 AM
It depends on what it is, if someone compliments something I'm proud of I'll probably just yell out a nice "Thanks!" and smile.

If it's something else, I might stammer a bit and blush.

From my online friends it would be when NCG and Jiro praise my writings.

:snog:

Breine
05-27-2010, 12:31 PM
I get all bashful. I can't help but smile and maybe laugh a little as I say "thanks" - I might blush too.

Rodarian
05-27-2010, 12:57 PM
I get all bashful. I can't help but smile and maybe laugh a little as I say "thanks" - I might blush too.

http://www.hollywoodmegastore.com/Images/6974BashfulSevenDwarfs.jpg

docta fizz
05-27-2010, 01:14 PM
http://www.hollywoodmegastore.com/Images/6974BashfulSevenDwarfs.jpg

that's me 2, it doesn't happen often so i usually pretend it didn't happen at all, *chuckles*
*looks at the ground*

Brunettepudding
05-27-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm completely terrible at taking compliments, because I can never tell if they're sincere, similar to... quite a few people here.

Hey, I'm not alone. :D

Meat Puppet
05-28-2010, 11:46 AM
I usually give them a single nod and say “I know.” If I’m feeling generous, I’ll feign eye contact for a brief moment.

Cuchulainn
05-28-2010, 02:35 PM
i lick the face of the person who says it.

Captain Maxx Power
05-28-2010, 04:13 PM
I usually give them a single nod and say “I know.” If I’m feeling generous, I’ll feign eye contact for a brief moment.

Just like Han Solo.

Peegee
05-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I haven't seen my friends in months and we're planning a pool party. Let's just say I expect compliments but still don't know how I'll respond.

Damn stupid PG wake up!

I also almost never give compliments (like omg ur pretty lolololo) but I will tell somebody they are awesome in a very casual manner. It almost comes off like a non-compliment: for example I will tell girls to dance for me.

NorthernChaosGod
05-28-2010, 06:33 PM
i lick the face of the person who says it.

You're a good looking man, Cuch. ;)