PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Colors

LowCaloriePie
05-27-2010, 02:17 AM
YouTube - Sonic Colours - Announcement Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWS-9m1zlYM&feature=recentf)

Sonic Colors is a high speed action-adventure in which Sonic races through theme park-inspired worlds to rescue a colorful alien race from the clutches of Dr. Eggman. An extraordinary amusement park has been seen orbiting around the home planet of Sonic the Hedgehog, and rumors are spreading that an alien race of Wisps, who have a unique colorful energy, are being held captive there by the evil Dr. Eggman. Soon after arriving at the amusement park, Sonic discovers he is able to use these mysterious alien forces to help the Wisps escape!

Sonic Colors will be available on the Wii and the Nintendo DS around holiday 2010. Sonic Colors for the Wii seamlessly combines both 3D and classic 2D game play perspectives, while the Nintendo DS version takes full advantage of the console's dual screen.

Sonic Colors sees Sonic accelerating to adrenaline-pumping super speeds and blasting through obstacles in ways never before seen in a Sonic game. The alien Wisps featured in the game each have a unique “Color Power” that, once freed, Sonic is able to absorb while speeding through the various theme park inspired planets. The Wisp energy enables Sonic to create new paths through the stages by drilling through the ground (Yellow Drill) for example, or speeding through the stage as a laser (Cyan Laser). Stringing the Wisp power-ups together creates a combo that increases Sonic’s boost gauge even more quickly. Exclusive Wisp power-ups will be available for both Wii and the Nintendo DS versions, ensuring a unique and super speedy gameplay experience for Sonic fans everywhere.

Thoughts? I'm hoping it's going to be along the lines of the Sonic Unleashed day stages. :)

VeloZer0
05-27-2010, 04:10 AM
I can't say I have any faith in Sega anymore. Until I see a reason to think it won't suck I assume it will.

:cry:

Shoeberto
05-27-2010, 04:17 AM
I watched the majority of a Let's Play of Sonic 2006 recently. If I learned anything from watching that absolute piece of garbage be played through, it's that Sega really can only go up from there.

I think they're finally learning their lesson to NOT overcomplicate :bou::bou::bou::bou: and through in these ridiculous stories. People have made comments suggesting this may be Sonic riffing off of Mario Galaxy, but that's what Sonic Team needs to do! Only the craziest and most obsessed furries play Sonic hoping for a deep story or new side characters to draw hentai of. For everyone else, it just detracts from having fun.

So, I'm hoping - maybe, just MAYBE - Sonic Team will finally make a 3D Sonic game that is a worthy successor to the 2D game's crown.

(Sonic Adventure just was not that great, honestly)

DD99
08-17-2010, 01:07 PM
I assume it will suck
No, it won't.

Carnage-
08-17-2010, 02:02 PM
> SEGA
> Sonic Team
> Sonic games have been complete trash since StH3
> Home of the absolute worst fanbase in the entirety of gaming

Sounds like a pretty :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty game to me.

DD99
08-17-2010, 02:11 PM
It is not :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty.

ljkkjlcm9
08-17-2010, 02:23 PM
To be fair, it does look like a good Sonic game, and it does look like the levels are a lot like the day levels from Sonic Unleashed

Plus the Sonic Hat pre-order bonus keeps it on my radar for games to watch.

THE JACKEL

qwertysaur
08-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Sonic Rush is a very fun game, showing that not all Sonic games are bad. I hope this game will be fun as well :p

LowCaloriePie
08-17-2010, 11:29 PM
YouTube - Sonic Colors Wii Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CNcdGQCo64)
YouTube - Sonic Colors DS - E3 Gameplay Footage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqk377n_q1M&feature=related)

Looks pretty nice. I'm a bit disappointed that the DS version is essentially another Rush game (I was hoping for a full 3D experience akin to Sonic Adventure), but the Wii version definitely has my attention. :)

VeloZer0
08-18-2010, 12:36 AM
Sonic Unleashed trailers all looked awesome too :D

Bunny
08-18-2010, 12:42 AM
It is not :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty.

Are all your posts going to be this insubstantial?

MJN SEIFER
08-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Looks and sounds interesting - the mixture of 2D and 3D sounds like a nice touch, as it keeps the game in a modern world, while at the same time appealing to those who feel that the old school Sonic games had a certain "something" that the modern ones don't. I have hopes for it, and will try it because it is Sonic.

I really hope that they don't change the spelling to "colours" when it's ported to the UK - we know that it's the same word, and it's pointless assuming we'd be too stupid to know it's the same word. Besides I like the American spelling better.:p

LowCaloriePie
08-21-2010, 04:40 PM
I really hope that they don't change the spelling to "colours" when it's ported to the UK - we know that it's the same word, and it's pointless assuming we'd be too stupid to know it's the same word. Besides I like the American spelling better.:p

http://info.sonicretro.org/images/thumb/c/ce/Sonic_colours_comingsoon.png/320px-Sonic_colours_comingsoon.png

Too late. :tongue:

MJN SEIFER
08-21-2010, 08:06 PM

http://info.sonicretro.org/images/thumb/c/ce/Sonic_colours_comingsoon.png/320px-Sonic_colours_comingsoon.png

Too late. :tongue:

And, that my friends it what's so wrong with the British...:roll2

Meat Puppet
08-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Who the fuck is Dr. Eggman

MJN SEIFER
08-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Who the smurf is Dr. Eggman

There's a chance you're being sarcastic, but it's that Robotik guy or whatever you call him - they've gone back to his orginal script name.

EDIT: It's like how in the Mario games "Bowser" was called something else back in the 90s - at least in the TV Series he was...

VeloZer0
08-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Dr. Robotnik is a million times better name than Dr. Eggman. Eggman just sounds like a joke, which admittedly is what the series has become to me.

Back before anyone spoke in S2 & S3 the Sonic sprite always looked pissed off to me, and with the whole DBZ Super Sonic and what looked like a world destroying Death Egg I tended to have a more serious take on the Sonic universe than Sega seems to have.

LowCaloriePie
09-06-2010, 01:57 AM
Sonic Colors Multiplayer Preview - Wii Preview at IGN (http://wii.ign.com/articles/111/1117813p1.html)
IGN Video: Sonic Colors Nintendo Wii Gameplay - Teamwork (http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/75624/sonic-colors/videos/soniccol_gmp_gameworld3_90310.html)

Seems interesting enough. Hopefully they can work out the kinks before the November release. The retro-styled music is definitely welcome. :)

black orb
09-06-2010, 04:19 AM
>>> The latest Sonic game I played were those for the Sega Dreamcast. Are these new ones any better?..:luca:

LowCaloriePie
09-06-2010, 05:00 AM
>>> The latest Sonic game I played were those for the Sega Dreamcast. Are these new ones any better?..:luca:

Most of them suck. :|