PDA

View Full Version : Bay Produces TMNT

Depression Moon
05-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Michael Bay To Produce 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Reboot - Movie News Story | MTV Movie News (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1640292/20100528/story.jhtml)

Plenty of experience? I think Transformers 1 & 2 only count as 1 cartoon.

Del Murder
05-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Oh god this will be so awesomly awful it will be awesome.

Levian
05-28-2010, 07:14 PM
This guy really likes to remake things.

Shlup
05-28-2010, 07:16 PM
If he fucks this up I will kill him.

Bunny
05-28-2010, 07:22 PM
That link says producer, not director.

Shlup
05-28-2010, 07:31 PM
You and your Hollywood lingo.

Bunny
05-28-2010, 07:38 PM
You and your inability to grasp simple terms.

>:|

NorthernChaosGod
05-28-2010, 11:21 PM

'tis but a small consolation, he'll still probably fuck it up.

Del Murder
05-28-2010, 11:37 PM
We are talking about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles right? Heroes in a half shell? Turtle Power? It's not like he's doing a remake on The Godfather. It would be really difficult to do a remake on this wrong. Or right, for that matter. There's not much there to ruin.

G13
05-28-2010, 11:45 PM
I'll reserve judgement until it comes out.

I don't really get the big deal about Michael Bay. I didn't realize explosions were bad in action movies.

I Took the Red Pill
05-28-2010, 11:50 PM
i will see this but it will likely suck TURTLES :mich:

Bunny
05-28-2010, 11:56 PM
We are talking about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles right? Heroes in a half shell? Turtle Power? It's not like he's doing a remake on The Godfather. It would be really difficult to do a remake on this wrong. Or right, for that matter. There's not much there to ruin.

And yet the latest movie sucked.

Jessweeee♪
05-29-2010, 12:00 AM

Nothing can top this.
YouTube - ninja turtles 2 secret of the ooze vanilla ice ninja rap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx7dt0Wscpc)

NorthernChaosGod
05-29-2010, 12:19 AM

I don't really get the big deal about Michael Bay. I didn't realize explosions were bad in action movies.

Movies are supposed to feature more than just explosions though.

Del Murder
05-29-2010, 01:32 AM
Yes, it needs some martial arts fighting action.

Bunny
05-29-2010, 02:17 AM

Nothing can top this.
YouTube - ninja turtles 2 secret of the ooze vanilla ice ninja rap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx7dt0Wscpc)

Fun fact: Shredder was played by the same actor who portrayed Dr. Chang on Lost.

G13
05-29-2010, 05:45 AM

Yeah but dude it was Transformers. Giant smurfing robots. What else can they really do?

NorthernChaosGod
05-29-2010, 05:54 AM
They could have cut out all the human bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: for starters, it's supposed to be about giant fucking robots.

Bunny
05-29-2010, 06:12 AM
It was about giant smurfing robots and Megan Fox's ass.

And explosions too I guess.

G13
05-29-2010, 06:13 AM
@NCG: You never saw the original series did you? The Witwicky name is a reference to Spike and Buster and so on.

Edit: But yeah, Ninja Tutles and all that. The trailer will be the selling point for me I think. If I don't like the trailers I don't waste the money to see it.

Meat Puppet
05-29-2010, 06:17 AM

Yeah but dude it was Transformers. Giant smurfing robots. What else can they really do?
build bigger robots

NorthernChaosGod
05-29-2010, 06:38 AM
@NCG: You never saw the original series did you? The Witwicky name is a reference to Spike and Buster and so on.

Edit: But yeah, Ninja Tutles and all that. The trailer will be the selling point for me I think. If I don't like the trailers I don't waste the money to see it.

Of course I did! And the 80's movie with Unicron. It was fucking awesome, even if they did kill off Optimus because Hot Rod is a jackass. :mad:

The humans were a small part of it.

And I guess I'll have to see a trailer, I love TMNT and if they fuck it up I'll be pissed.

Shlup
05-29-2010, 07:48 AM
You and your inability to grasp simple terms.

>:|
Pfft, I didn't bother reading the article and so I cannot be blamed for not noticing.

You, sir, are a cow. The second live action film remains one of my favorite movies to this day. Hell, the first one does too. And the third one isn't as bad as people say it is.

G13
05-29-2010, 08:09 AM
And the third one isn't as bad as people say it is.

You're right. It's worse.

Slothy
05-29-2010, 12:35 PM

Same goes for Transformers and yet that was complete :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Can Michael Bay stop raping my childhood already?

Del Murder
05-29-2010, 05:59 PM
I thought the first Transformers movie was good. The sequel was crap but most sequels are.

The old TMNT movies were pretty good, but I don't see how something like that could be made for today. They had that 80s appeal to them that you just can't get away with today.

I don't expect this new movie to be good, or bad, depending on what your expectations are, but if it's crap it's not going to ruin the classics of the early 90s for me, just like whatever crap cartoon they put out now doesn't ruin the old cheesy 1980s cartoon.

Depression Moon
05-29-2010, 06:25 PM

oh snap I didn't even notice. I'll change the thread title and link

Proxy
05-31-2010, 12:02 AM
I feel this will be legendary of epic proportions.

oddler
05-31-2010, 12:43 AM
...if it's crap it's not going to ruin the classics of the early 90s for me, just like whatever crap cartoon they put out now doesn't ruin the old cheesy 1980s cartoon.

This and I really hope it doesn't turn out like Transformers. I'll give it a shot but it's not going to put a damper on my opinion of the originals if it does turn out to be horrible.

Meat Puppet
05-31-2010, 08:48 AM
You, sir, are a cow. The second live action film remains one of my favorite movies to this day. Hell, the first one does too. And the third one isn't as bad as people say it is.
i actually agree with shlupquack the godfather part III gets quite a bad rep but it’s all blown out of proportion

Depression Moon
05-31-2010, 03:39 PM
I never saw the transformer cartons of the 80s, but I can figure it didn't have dog humping, Megan fox, and robots with testicles