PDA

View Full Version : ".." "Are you listening?" "..."

BarelySeeAtAll
05-28-2010, 08:57 PM
So today I had my law exam, and the last five to ten minutes I normally set aside for checking through my answers (though realistically that would've been more than ten minutes at the end of that nightmare). Instead, I found myself staring at the back of the guy's head who sat in front of me. Yeah it got a bit embarrassing when he turned around (naughty :p) but these things happen. (I flustered like a little girl, for those interested.)

What kinds of things take your attention away from the task at hand? I have to admit this guy's nabbed my attention in law classes, that's more embarrassing. Being in three of my classes is bad. If it's daydreams, what type do you tend to have? :greenie: Spill your secrets.

Mo-Nercy
05-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Oh yes. "Vague-ing out" is what I call it. Just today I vagued out at a set of traffic lights. I was admiring the car directly in front of me, and even after it started driving away from me, my mind didn't process that the light had gone green. I didn't realise until the light had just begun to go stale and I ended up flooring it through a red. I think I might've gotten caught on the traffic camera. =[

Proxy
05-30-2010, 11:40 PM
I don't have ADD or ADHD, and I am usually pretty set on the task at hand, but almost anything can distract me. It can be pretty annoying.

Hambone
05-30-2010, 11:50 PM
It depends on where I am when I'm doing my work. If I'm at school, I usually get distracted by the teacher or how much bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: the class is, so I tend to end up starting random conversations or something else. People at my school don't interest me (like in the sense of staring at them) unless they're hot, but that's rare.

If I'm at my "homework station" at home, which is really just my computer desk, then I'm easily distracted by my keyboard (not the computer one, the one that plays music) because it's right beside me. It tends to drag out an assignment from thirty minutes to two hours. :(

missaira
05-31-2010, 12:20 AM
on my four-hour drive to stanthorpe (see picture thread for photos!) i tended to get distracted by the littlest things. for instance, cows. about 40 of them, in a paddock, all looking in the same direction. it was odd. i mean, cows are normally scattered all over the place, but these cows? it was like they were looking toward their cow-king.

then i heard the brzzzzrrhy noise the road lines make and looked back to the road only to realise i was kind of going into the oncoming lane. whoops.

Rodarian
05-31-2010, 08:26 AM
I vague out sometimes if I'm going a particularly lengthy types of works like typing reports..I start staring at the screen as if I'm talking to it telepathically