PDA

View Full Version : Freya & Amarant

ChickenHeart
05-29-2010, 04:56 PM
(Possible spoilers...probs not needed though, seeing as it's been like ten years since release...Oh well!)

Did any of you guys feel abit, annoyed at the end, when they didn't get together? From the moment they did a little duel thing at Alexandria (sp?) i was sorta hooked on another romance begining.
But instead Freya gets with sir Fratley, who was just a bore, and Amarant gets with Lani, who was on screen for five minutes and like sir Ratface, boring.
Freya and Amarant would have cool looking knight/theif/ninja/monk/rastafarian/ronaldmcdonald rat kids ;(

Vermachtnis
05-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Lani's not boring, she just didn't get enough screen time to get character development.

rubah
05-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Playing through the game now, it seems weird that people try to put Amarant and Freya together as much as they do. There is a lot of fanart of the two of them xD Freya's character seems to be that she is amused by Amarant, but she's spent so long desperately seeking out Sir Fratley, only to get so close and then rebuffed by memory!

It would be kinda interesting if Freya took his memory loss to be grounds to feel free to go after Amarant, but not really true to her character. She and Steiner both have the intense kind of devotion going on.

So, while it is an agreeable looking pairing, and they definitely get enough screen time together to make it happen, it just doesn't follow from her characterization.

MJN SEIFER
05-29-2010, 07:49 PM
[B](Possible spoilers...probs not needed though, seeing as it's been like ten years since release...Oh well!)
[COLOR=darkorange]Did any of you guys feel abit, annoyed at the end, when they didn't get together? From the moment they did a little duel thing at Alexandria (sp?) i was sorta hooked on another romance begining.
[COLOR=darkorange]But instead Freya gets with sir Fratley, who was just a bore, and Amarant gets with Lani, who was on screen for five minutes and like sir Ratface, boring.
Freya and Amarant would have cool looking knight/theif/ninja/monk/rastafarian/ronaldmcdonald rat kids ;(

Spoiler warnings are always needed regardless of the age of the film/program/game because not everyone has seen/played it.

Freya and Fratley are already a couple, and I don't remember the game ever official stating the Amarant and Lani were together (though they probably are in Fanfiction) - did I miss something?

PS: Why WERE Freya and Amarant fighting in Alexandria anyway? - I never got that part...

Quindiana Jones
05-30-2010, 03:20 AM
Freya and Amarant definitely make good friends, but I've never thought anything more of it myself.

NeoCracker
05-30-2010, 05:30 AM
I think those two are more of a couple people who are suited to be partners in crime, not really a couple. :p

ANd I echo rubah's thoughts on the pairing.

MJN SEIFER
05-30-2010, 01:37 PM
I think the reason some people like the idea of Freya/Amarant is because they fight.

I know it doesn't seam to make sense at first, but if you read FanFictions (although I have yet to read any FFIX ones) there are many Romance Fictions where the couple is two characters who are always fighting with eachother (not to the death or anything, but more compettive fighting).

Clo
06-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Amarant and Freya? Freya had a variety of responses throughout the game, whereas Amarant's seemed to always be, "This sucks, I'm leaving", or something along that attitude. Sir Fratley had the same noble grand-ness that she did, so it would make sense that they were together.

Plus, uh, what IS Amarant?

Chris
06-02-2010, 11:15 PM
I've played the game at least a million times, and I never once thought of them as... together. I guess if your imagination is creative enough, you could pair any of the characters together.

Such as Quina and Vivi. :jess:

Myrn
06-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Ok so personally, if Freya ever wanted to get with Amarant and i were her friend in real life, he's the kinda guy that i would scare away to make sure they didn't go out. He's boring. I don't think either one of 'em should've been paired with anyone though. It'd add to Amarant's mysterious appearance and also add onto the story of Freya by making her long for Fratley forever but never get him. I like morbidity though. :)

Old Manus
06-26-2010, 10:42 PM
I hear Freya's a love rat.

sorry

Depression Moon
06-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Amarant and Freya? Freya had a variety of responses throughout the game, whereas Amarant's seemed to always be, "This sucks, I'm leaving", or something along that attitude. Sir Fratley had the same noble grand-ness that she did, so it would make sense that they were together.

I don't think their personalities fit together either. I mainly just don't like the idea of Amarant in an obvious romantic relationship with anyone. He's a tough guy for a reason.

theundeadhero
06-28-2010, 04:24 AM
Freya and Fratley are already a couple, and I don't remember the game ever official stating the Amarant and Lani were together (though they probably are in Fanfiction) - did I miss something?Amarant and Lani are heavily implied to be together during the scenes that occur after you beat the game.

Freya
06-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Always talking about me.

While I see how it could have made sense she was spending years looking for Fratley so that's kinda a big devotion to him.

blackmage_nuke
06-29-2010, 02:43 AM
Well since there arent many rat people left in the world after Cleyra and Burmecia were destroyed and there arent many of...whatever Amarant is, Im sure Hojo would approve of this couple.

James Leopold
07-02-2010, 11:54 PM
I always thought they'd make a good pair. I was hoping for it, but then was disappointed. They just had the chemistry, and it suited both of them.

Propagator
07-13-2010, 12:15 AM
If Freya didn't have Fratley to find, than whatever, I wouldn't have minded if Amarant and her got together.
But if Freya never got Fratley I would have.. Well, I probably would have started foaming at the mouth, dropped to the floor, and have what most call a siezure.
Freya's happiness makes my boat float!
And Amarant being mister tough guy loner, really whatever happens to him I'm okay with. Single or not. Gets cancer or gets Lani, whatever.
Really the only thing he could do that would make me mad is if he harmed a moogle.

Crossblades
07-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Freya and Amarant definitely make good friends, but I've never thought anything more of it myself.

Agreed. I only saw them as partners on the battlefield. As for lovers, Amarant doesn't look like the type that would be romantically involved with anyone and Freya clearly showed that she's devoted to Fratley, despite the fact that he has amnesia.

Depression Moon
07-16-2010, 06:27 PM
I don't think interspecies dating is allowed on Gaia.

BardTard
07-26-2010, 01:01 AM
I thought they should get together too! I was disappointed in the end. :( I mean come on Sir Fratley didn't even remember Freya! Sheesh.

Hot Shot
07-27-2010, 09:40 AM
I think they were just good friends because Amarant is a very lonely person and such and Freya is curious to Amarant's aloof nature. And I think Amarant was trying to help Freya with the loneliness that Sir Fratley going missing/losing his memory caused.

MJN SEIFER
08-07-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't think interspecies dating is allowed on Gaia.

For a split second, I forgot that "Gaia" was the FFIX world, and I was all like "How did we get on to comunity sites?"

KentaRawr!
08-13-2010, 06:22 PM
[B](Possible spoilers...probs not needed though, seeing as it's been like ten years since release...Oh well!)
[COLOR=darkorange]Did any of you guys feel abit, annoyed at the end, when they didn't get together? From the moment they did a little duel thing at Alexandria (sp?) i was sorta hooked on another romance begining.
[COLOR=darkorange]But instead Freya gets with sir Fratley, who was just a bore, and Amarant gets with Lani, who was on screen for five minutes and like sir Ratface, boring.

Spoiler warnings are always needed regardless of the age of the film/program/game because not everyone has seen/played it.

Freya and Fratley are already a couple, and I don't remember the game ever official stating the Amarant and Lani were together (though they probably are in Fanfiction) - did I miss something?

PS: Why WERE Freya and Amarant fighting in Alexandria anyway? - I never got that part...

I'm pretty sure that in an announcement on the site a long while ago, Kishi said that since the Final Fantasy games are so old, it' no longer necessary to put spoiler marks on discussions about them. :p

black orb
08-13-2010, 06:28 PM
>>> Amarant and Freya together?, OMG thats horrible.. Freya had that Fratley guy and Amarant is only interested on picking fights with strong opponents, and Freya just happened to be one of them..:luca:

MJN SEIFER
08-13-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that in an announcement on the site a long while ago, Kishi said that since the Final Fantasy games are so old, it' no longer necessary to put spoiler marks on discussions about them. :p

Yeah, but there's always one person who hasn't scene the spoiler yet, despite the age of the film/program/game. So i always mark spoilers - no point spoiling it, just because they arrived late.

Ouch!
08-14-2010, 11:16 PM

Yeah, but there's always one person who hasn't scene the spoiler yet, despite the age of the film/program/game. So i always mark spoilers - no point spoiling it, just because they arrived late.
FFIX is a decade old. If you haven't played it yet and you're jumping into an online discussion about it, you can't reasonably hold others responsible if something gets spoiled for you.

That said, I think a pairing between the two requires an over-active imagination.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-10-2010, 07:58 PM

To be specific, I said that once any work has been available for three years, unmarked spoilers become fair game.

You're free to continue marking your spoilers, of course, but it's not a requirement after that long grace period.

Depression Moon
09-11-2010, 01:52 AM
FFIX is too great of a game to have anyone be spoiled by it. I'm not sure how I would've reacted. I might need to go edit some of my posts.

Wolfen
09-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Freya and Amarant just needed more character development, period.