PDA

View Full Version : Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Chris
05-30-2010, 12:28 AM
http://www.thinkersroom.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/spartacus-blood-and-sand-poster.jpg

Lame title, fantastic series. I finished watching the first season (and only so far) some days ago, and I wasn't just struck by its awesomeness, but its surprisingly heartfelt moments. I admit to getting a bit misty a couple of times. Sure, there is slash and gore aplenty, but it's the characters that did it for me. I can honestly say that "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" is one of my favorite shows in years.

So sorry to hear that season two has been delayed to due Andy's (Spartacus) recent cancer diagnosis. It should return some time later this year, or early 2011. :(

blackmage_nuke
05-30-2010, 02:13 AM
Great series even though my favourite character (that other Thracian warriror) died in the first episode :(

Chris
05-30-2010, 01:07 PM
There were a lot of surprising twists and turns! I love the characters, seriously. :(

blackmage_nuke
05-30-2010, 02:32 PM
TBH I actually could vaguely guess all the twists in the plot. The only part that really caught me by surprise was when Olithia bashed that other whore's head into the ground.

Proxy
05-30-2010, 11:58 PM
Really? It loooks like another excuse for blood and excessive amounts of nudity.
But hey, I'm sure it also has its great points too =)

Chris
05-31-2010, 12:01 AM
Really? It loooks like another excuse for blood and excessive amounts of nudity.
Well, it is, but it's also so much more. :D

I didn't expect much when I first started watching it, but it really caught my eye. Andy's portrayal of Spartacus is the best one I've seen, and Lucy Lawless once agains proves that she's good at so much more than throwing a chakram.

Iceglow
06-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Currently watching the UK screening of series 1 on Bravo. I have to admit I am loving it, though I figure with a cast including John Hannah and the entire thing being filmed much like the movie 300 the series must've cost an absoloute fortune. I will say that the dream he has at the start of episode 2 where his wife comes to him and then ends up spraying blood everywhere is quite powerful and disturbing imagery.

Though I could have done without seeing John Hannah getting a blowjob in the same episode.

Crop
06-08-2010, 12:00 AM
I can't get past the slow motion fighting and blood, I honestly hate ott slow mo scenes in films/shows. It's the reason I didn't like 300.

Shadowdust
06-09-2010, 08:01 AM
I haven't had a chance to see the first season yet, but it piqued my interest when I first saw the previews.

Rodarian
06-11-2010, 02:57 PM
its Gladiator/300/ROME all in one.....

I was planning to let my parents watch it..But I decided against for obvious reasons.....

Chris
06-16-2010, 11:05 PM
I was planning to let my parents watch it..But I decided against for obvious reasons.....
My mother saw an episode, and nearly choked to death. It is a rather naughty show. It's the naked truth. :D