holy crap, did I draw something?

http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/art/sketches/elfpriest.jpg

pretty quickly too. I really like this :O

rubah
06-17-2010, 02:43 AM
well, see if I ever draw anything ever again :mad2:

vinnie's mini's
06-17-2010, 02:15 PM
:eek: Why hasn't anyone replied to this!?

For a quick sketch I think you really captured a gracefull looking priestess; and I don't know why but I totally love her staff. :love:

Rocket Edge
06-18-2010, 10:24 AM
lol sorry rubah, this must have slipped my radar on this board.

For a quick sketch it isn't bad, it has its flaws but In general its a nice piece. By far the best thing about the drawing is that you managed to capture her emotions through her facial expression. When you look at it straight away you know what shes thinking, which is harder to do properly than many think.

I'd like to see more. :)

Madonna
06-19-2010, 07:31 PM
I do like the pose of the character, but it seems a little incomplete! My two big frets are her bosom and her face lining! The former concerns her left breast looking larger than the right, which is strange, since it is slightly further away from our viewpoint! The latter is just my assumption that elves tend to be portrayed as eternally young and beautiful creatures, whereas this one's face lines seem very prominent, making her look an age!

The proportions seem spot on, and her expression is exactly what one might hope melancholy look like! Capturing that with pencils is a hard task and you have done it! I really would like to see this colored and given a background!

rubah
06-20-2010, 07:27 PM
! You seem to be correct about her boobies, lynxie. I must have missed that before. I'm unsure about the age thing though. I've forgotten if it was intentional or not, now xD

Christmas
06-29-2010, 02:03 PM
It is a good piece of work and I think I agree with most Lynx said. :bigsmile:

You should never stop drawing! :bigsmile: