PDA

View Full Version : What is the best quality...

Rye
05-30-2010, 06:39 PM
that your significant other possesses? :)

Alternatively, what is the most important quality in a potential partner? =O

Hux's best quality is his loyalty.

Madame Adequate
05-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Not my rugged handsomeness? My sparkling wit? My endless supply of insightful bon mots? Not my... rogueish? ;D

idk if there is one single policy that I value above all others, just being able to relax and be a best friend is the why is this banana slimy? wtf?

Among Jess' many fine qualities is that she puts up with my various forms of retardation. I thought that my above statement implied that Jess was a best friend with whom I could just chat and hang out and just be with and never get bored, and always have fun, but just in case - and I know how girls are, they're never happy unless you're explicit - she is.

Necronopticous
05-30-2010, 07:23 PM
<a href="http://www.necronopticous.com/upload/summer08_03.jpg">Open-mindedness</a>.

Rye
05-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Awwwwwwwww!

LunarWeaver
05-30-2010, 07:29 PM
If he went on a killing spree he would spare me.

Momiji
05-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Silence.

:smug:

:kaocry2:

Anyway, in a potential partner, I don't know! I guess I'll know it when I see it.

Jessweeee♪
05-30-2010, 08:11 PM
I really like his ambition. Also he is sexy.

:squee:

Marshall Banana
05-30-2010, 09:11 PM
His ability to make perfect pigtails on me:

<a href="http://www.necronopticous.com/upload/summer08_03.jpg">Open-mindedness</a>.

Proxy
05-30-2010, 11:38 PM
have you heard the new Miley Cyrus song?
Yeah something like that.
Let me be who I am. That's what I want. I don't want to be changed.

The Man
05-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Empathy is probably the quality I value most in a potential partner. There don't seem to be too many empathetic people around here so I haven't even tried to get involved with anyone for quite some time. Perhaps I should move.

Meat Puppet
05-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Dead girls can’t say no.

Proxy
05-30-2010, 11:48 PM
Dead girls can’t say no.

You sir, get my daughter and a very handsome dowry.

Hythloday
05-30-2010, 11:55 PM
My significant other understands Lost.

Gullick
05-31-2010, 12:11 AM
Openmindness for me too =]

NorthernChaosGod
05-31-2010, 02:49 AM
She's insane. <3

Dead girls can’t say no.

:lol:

Shlup
05-31-2010, 04:53 AM
I was going to say BJ's best quality is his loyalty, but since that's Hux's too and I don't want BJ to be like Hux, I will say his boyish charm. *swoon*

Madame Adequate
05-31-2010, 05:00 AM
Ouch. :( Little harsh, doncha think?

I've given this one some thought and definitely what I love most, the quality that is attractive above all others, is enthusiasm. If my partner isn't into the relationship, I have a hard time feeling happy. I don't mean you have to do anything crazy, but for me, it can't just be something that "is". It's got to be something that you're in because you WANT to be, and because you feel happier in than out, and because spending time with this person, doing things with them, is something you want to do and will go out of your way to do. It has to be something you put effort into, not because an advice column tells you that relationships need work, but because you love all the payoff from the effort. If I get a sense that they are excited about the idea of doing something with me, because it's with me as much as because of whatever it is, then I seriously love it.

And this is a quality which Jess has in abundance. She's not interested in a relationship just for the sake of one, or to make up for something else that's missing in her life, or because she just feels like she's supposed to be. She's interested because it makes her feel happy and lively.

Shlup
05-31-2010, 05:02 AM
I know your hair is getting long again. I KNOW.

Momiji
05-31-2010, 05:11 AM
Ah, I think I figured out what I'd look for most in a potential lover-- sincerity.

Rantz
05-31-2010, 10:31 AM
High pain tolerance.

Mo-Nercy
05-31-2010, 10:57 AM
BOOBIES.

missaira
05-31-2010, 11:51 AM
past best qualities: humour, sensitivity, sweetness, committment, strength, intensity.

future best qualities: spontaneity, chillaxedness, loyalty, wit.

Madame Adequate
05-31-2010, 01:25 PM

My dear Amanda, you seem to have forgotten that Jessica is prone to derangement and female hysteria. My hair isn't even shoulder length, and won't be for some months yet.

Rebellious Eagle
05-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Well, I don't have a significant other...yet...but the quality I like best in a guy is his ability to love me for who I am. So cliched, I know. xP

Rye
05-31-2010, 02:12 PM

My dear Amanda, you seem to have forgotten that Jessica is prone to derangement and female hysteria. My hair isn't even shoulder length, and won't be for some months yet.

I have to see if my Mom won't be annoyed to allow you here again for my birthday later today. If you are, and you come over here without a haircut and a good shave, I swear, my Mom is going to slap you. I'm the one who is going to be picking you up at the airport, so I won't hesitate to bring scissors and cut your hair MYSELF before they see. :mad2:

Marshall Banana
05-31-2010, 02:18 PM
I also like that Jeremy is perfect and naturally girly.

Madame Adequate
05-31-2010, 02:25 PM
I like how Rye yells at me about my hair and ignores my long, considered post complimenting her :( That endears me to her :cry:

Marshall Banana
05-31-2010, 02:28 PM
http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/four-leaf-clover.jpg

Madame Adequate
05-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Knock it off, Lamonda :hux:

Momiji
05-31-2010, 02:33 PM
I also like that Jeremy is perfect and naturally girly.

S-so there may be hope for me, yet? >_>;

Oh, wait. Not perfect. Ah well. :<

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/four-leaf-clover.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/Mobile%20Uploads/0506001752.jpg

Rye
05-31-2010, 02:34 PM
My honey love Monda's best quality is that she is a very cute, but evil girl! :heart:

Madame Adequate
05-31-2010, 02:41 PM
INTOLERABLE :steiner:

Marshall Banana
05-31-2010, 02:43 PM
EVERYONE, QUOTE THE FOUR-LEAF CLOVER! IT WILL MAKE HUXLEY FEEL BETTER!

Peegee
05-31-2010, 03:50 PM
No.

I like how Huxley's already getting whipped. Which leads me to my necessary but non-existent quality to find in a woman - a total and utter avoidance of nagging.

God I hate nagging so much.

Citizen Bleys
05-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Bags and bags of cash.

Breine
05-31-2010, 06:36 PM
It's one big old fat cliché, but a sense of humour goes a long way.

Evastio
05-31-2010, 08:11 PM
I like the way she scrubs those dishes.

Well, I'm not officially with her yet, she's just someone I talk to every now and then. She's also the only reason I go to my older sister's friends' get-togethers. I'm really hoping that she likes me as much as I like her (maybe not, seeing how I like her a bit too much). Well, I guess it's okay if it's a lot less, as long as she's happy with the idea of getting hitched with me.

I really don’t know how to describe her, aside from the fact that she seems so perfect. I mean, during parties and the like she’s always in the background helping out (whether it’s preparing food or getting stuff ready for party games), she finds my clumsy and awkward personality amusing rather than annoying, she accepts people for who they are and doesn’t expect them to change themselves, and she never gets upset or angry (at least, I haven’t seen her get upset or angry). She’s also very shy and quiet, and she doesn’t have many close friends, so I find it quite easy to talk to her. And that’s just her personality, you should see how cute she looks (Filipino ftw!!).

It's hard to choose just one quality, but I guess if I had to it'd be her being really caring (working really hard for others, cheering people up when they need it, always sincerely assuring others that's "it's okay") yet uncaring (not letting bad stuff annoy or upset her at all) at the same time.

Shiny
05-31-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm single right now, but everyone who I've dated or been interested in were all artistic in some aspect of their lives. I think being creative makes a person more interesting.

Rye
05-31-2010, 08:42 PM
I like the way she scrubs those dishes.

Well, I'm not officially with her yet, she's just someone I talk to every now and then. She's also the only reason I go to my older sister's friends' get-togethers. I'm really hoping that she likes me as much as I like her (maybe not, seeing how I like her a bit too much). Well, I guess it's okay if it's a lot less, as long as she's happy with the idea of getting hitched with me.

I really don’t know how to describe her, aside from the fact that she seems so perfect. I mean, during parties and the like she’s always in the background helping out (whether it’s preparing food or getting stuff ready for party games), she finds my clumsy and awkward personality amusing rather than annoying, she accepts people for who they are and doesn’t expect them to change themselves, and she never gets upset or angry (at least, I haven’t seen her get upset or angry). She’s also very shy and quiet, and she doesn’t have many close friends, so I find it quite easy to talk to her. And that’s just her personality, you should see how cute she looks (Filipino ftw!!).

It's hard to choose just one quality, but I guess if I had to it'd be her being really caring (working really hard for others, cheering people up when they need it, always sincerely assuring others that's "it's okay") yet uncaring (not letting bad stuff annoy or upset her at all) at the same time.

Awwww! Cuuuute! Good luck, Evastio!

Cuchulainn
05-31-2010, 08:56 PM
i dont have a significant other :(

Rodarian
05-31-2010, 09:09 PM
neither do I! :kaocry2:

BarelySeeAtAll
05-31-2010, 09:14 PM
Someone who still loves despite knowing "the real me". In the past it's started out, me liking them, telling them, them liking me back *couple of months pass* they no longer like me.

.......Oh whatever. The future is the future, chances are whatever I think is the perfect quality will be missing from a future partner.

Shlup
05-31-2010, 10:44 PM

Your definition of "long" is far different from mine, apparently.

rubah
05-31-2010, 11:02 PM
I like how he stimulates me... (intellectually :D)

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-31-2010, 11:11 PM
High pain tolerance.

Am I the only one intrigued by this?

As for me, a potential partner...hmmm...this is hard. It is a tie between a joie de vivre and understanding. I like someone who I can have fun with and who enjoys life's precious moments, someone I can be silly with. As for the understanding, well I think that is pretty obvious.

Hambone
05-31-2010, 11:51 PM
Umm...

http://thevinylvillage.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/abs.jpg?w=347&h=500

amirite?

But seriously, maturity and honesty.

~*~Celes~*~
06-01-2010, 12:00 AM
I love that I can be myself with him and he finds it endearing that I have such a need to give affection, rather than annoyed by it. I love that he's always there for me when I need him most, and he's fun to be around, and I love that he's just as crazy about me as I am about him :kaoclove:

Madame Adequate
06-01-2010, 01:12 AM

Your definition of "long" is far different from mine, apparently.

Well then I shall complain no more :smug: NO WAIT

That's what she said :smug:

Loony BoB
06-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Just one thing? Urgh. I don't know. It's hard to pick one part of a person I've lived with for so long. The way she makes me feel? Her ability to always make me laugh? her openness, her honesty? Her beyond-insanely good looks? Hell, even her not-so-great stuff I like in some kind of weird way.

Rocket Edge
06-01-2010, 02:10 PM
That we get along so well. We can act like complete idiots around each other and it's all cool.

Psychotic
06-01-2010, 03:22 PM
I like the fact that he's a horse.

Clo
06-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I like the fact that even after more than two years, no matter how horrid a day I've had and what mood I'm in, he always is eager to find a way to make me feel better in the most imaginative ways possible.

Shoeberto
06-01-2010, 05:41 PM
I like the fact that he's a horse.
You two finally ended up getting together? Awwww! You'd been crushing on him for so long. I'm so happy for you two :)

champagne supernova
06-02-2010, 01:46 AM
Suitable alcohol tolerance.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-02-2010, 02:59 AM
Well, she is my best friend, which is pretty much the best thing I could ever ask for. For seriousness.

She also has red hair, which is so win.

Jings
06-02-2010, 03:25 AM
She's a dork. Just like me. And every time I think about her I get a dumb smile on my face, what's up with that.

theundeadhero
06-02-2010, 05:57 AM
Most of my past girlfriends have been <i>weird</i>, so interesting. And foreign. A majority have been foreign.

~*~Celes~*~
06-02-2010, 06:14 AM
Did i mention that he's adorable ALL the time? I mean, seriously, he's never NOT adorable. I seriously can't stop smiling whenever I talk to him, even if he's just signed into messenger :kaoclove: I swear I finally realize what it means to "giggle like a schoolgirl" thanks to him :p :heart:

Oh and he likes my cooking, and he gets along with my family. Those are musts. :D

Clo
06-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Oh and he likes my cooking

Mine cooks for me. Which is awesome, because I can't cook, and whenever I try, I grow nervous and make things that don't look how they should. When I was a little girl, I'd worry, because I had no interest in cooking and gender stereotypes seemed valid then, so I was like, "Oh no, I'm going to embarass myself with this I'm retarded in the kitchen thing".

But it all worked out fine. He made me french toast the other day and it was AWESOME.

~*~Celes~*~
06-02-2010, 06:54 AM
xD Mine says he shouldn't be allowed in a kitchen, but I plan to have him cook with me sometimes :D That way when I'm sick in bed and can't get up to cook for some reason, he won't have to order take out or something xD

Hot Shot
06-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Humour

Christmas
06-02-2010, 03:03 PM
He loves me more than I love him? This way I will alway have the feeling of being loved? :kaoclove: