PDA

View Full Version : Maybe if we show them that we are not enemies we can befr...OH GOD THEY ARE EATING ME

Wolf Kanno
05-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Lesson 1: The Venture Bros. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Venture_Bros.) would not last in the world of Fallout 3.

Playing through Fallout 3, I couldn't help but laugh at the Johnny Quest/Venture Bros. vibe the world and scenario gave me and seeing how your character is a complete blank slate, I figured it would be fun play the game as if I were one of the Venture Bros. So whenever I am faced with a crisis or situation I always ask myself, "What would Dean do?". Dean's actions have led my character to being shot by Ravagers, eaten by mutant ants, mauled by vicious dogs, shot down by killer robots, verbally abused by extra's from Jin-Roh, mocked by prostitutes, and well loved by every asshole in the Wastes who adore taking advantage of me. Currently I am on a quest to get radiated cause the crackpot scientist is writing a book and assures me that nothing bad will happen to me...

So when you play games with complete blank slates like Fallout, Baldur's Gate, or Elder Scrolls, do you ever try to play it as though you are another fictional character just for fun? ;)

Jessweeee♪
05-31-2010, 02:21 AM
Be careful, your safety net is gone D:

Unbreakable Will
05-31-2010, 12:40 PM
No but now I'm going to. xD

Madame Adequate
05-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Hahaha that's brilliant.

I can't say I've ever done that specifically. I will construct a character and try to play according to their personality, but I've never based in on someone else from fiction. I've played through Mass Effect as a Nazi-esque Human supremacist though, being a dick to aliens, never taking them on missions, but going halfway across the galaxy to help a human find her lost puppy or whatever. My character was deeply disappointed that Cerberus isn't as rabidly hateful of aliens as originally thought, because it was totally the place for him before he found that out.

Jiro
05-31-2010, 01:11 PM
I mirror Will's sentiments, this sounds great :D

Wolf Kanno
06-01-2010, 05:44 AM
I was also of thinking about doing a playthrough where I put all my skills into stealth and hand to hand combat and played the game like Brock Samson, murdering everything I come across. :cool:

Unbreakable Will
06-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Hahaha that would be great, or you could play it through like The Monarch :monster:

Clo
06-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Playing a game as Brock Samson sounds ridiculously fun. Most people probably do exactly just this, but fail to think of themselves as Brock Samson, so therefore they are DOING IT WRONG.

Speaking of this. Is there a Venture Bros videogame? I bet it's not as good as any of this.

Slothy
06-01-2010, 07:12 PM
You know, I've never tried that. I tend to play those kinds of games as I would if the character were me, at least until I get bored out of my mind and never touch it again for a year and a half. Maybe I'll pop in Oblivion sometime soon and see what happens.

Jings
06-01-2010, 07:32 PM
I played through the Baldur's Gate series as a Gnome with a gem fetish. My inventory consisted of a weapon, some health potions and as many gems as my chubby little Gnome hands could carry!