PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil: Afterlife

Proxy
05-31-2010, 12:09 AM
YouTube - 'Resident Evil: Afterlife' Trailer HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dc5iiT0f1s)

Anyone? I literally went OMFG when I saw this trailer.
It looks a bit matrix-y but its the same producer from the first one and by the looks of it, fucking Wesker is the villain. WESKER!
And looks as though it take places somewhere between Res 4 and 5 but more closer to 5.

I'm looking forward to this movie more than Alice and Iron Man 2 combined.

Aerith's Knight
05-31-2010, 12:45 AM
I don't get it. I thought there were like 40.000 Alice clones now.

Proxy
05-31-2010, 12:56 AM
It's a trailer lol
I'm sure they will explain it when the actual movie comes out.

Depression Moon
05-31-2010, 03:43 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/lounge/131222-resident-evil-afterlife.html

DMKA
09-12-2010, 05:38 AM
I just saw it a couple hours ago, and it was pretty...poorly written to say the least, and was 95% a constant string of brainless violence...but it was AWESOME! I watched it in 3D and it's the best 3D filming I've seen yet. In fact the movie probably wouldn't exist if not for the 3D gimmick. But seriously, you see heads fly off at you and bullet shells fly off the screen at you and blood fly all over you and quarters used as ammo shower you and OH MAN ITS SWEET!!!! :p

I recommend seeing it if you liked the previous films or you just like stupid brainless action that's wonderfully shot, in 3D! Otherwise you'll undoubtedly not enjoy it. :D

Slothy
09-12-2010, 01:09 PM
And looks as though it take places somewhere between Res 4 and 5 but more closer to 5.

I may not have seen one of these movies since the time I watched the second one on TV because there was apparently nothing better on (and regretted it after), but I'm fairly certain they stopped pretending to follow the game continuity after the first one, and had definitely ditched it completely by the third.

Anyway, it looked like a terrible movie from the trailers I've seen, and given the history of the series and Paul W.S. Anderson, I can't say I have any desire to see it.

NorthernChaosGod
09-12-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm looking forward to this movie more than Alice and Iron Man 2 combined.

...wat

DMKA
09-12-2010, 08:55 PM

I may not have seen one of these movies since the time I watched the second one on TV because there was apparently nothing better on (and regretted it after), but I'm fairly certain they stopped pretending to follow the game continuity after the first one, and had definitely ditched it completely by the third.
It half-assedly follows the games, like an alternate retelling of the games' storyline. Actually it might be more accurate to call it inspired by the games and constantly referencing them.

I don't know how I really felt about the ending, seeing as it sets the whole thing up for, and basically guarantees, ANOTHER sequel if this one doesn't fail at the box office. Considering that it made roughly $28 million on a $60 million budget in it's first two days, I'd say it's safe to expect a fifth installment in a couple years.