PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Shinwa Tsuki
05-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Hello, I have no idea if there is already a tread for introducing yourself. IF there isn't let's make this one a New Member Introduction Thread mandatory.

I am Shinwa-Tsuki, out of all the FF games out right now I pretty much love these: Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX while Final Fantasy VII series is the only other game I like. I have a tendency to be rather picky about who names are written. I would also like to participate in forum Riddle games for those three: FF7, FF8, and FF9.

For those wondering, names may be the character, the item, the location, the weaponry, and pretty much other things.

oddler
05-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Welcome to the forums, Shinwa. Kind of sounds like Shin-Ra with a speech impediment. :)

Depression Moon
05-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Welcome new member

Rantz
05-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Hi Shinwa! We don't have a collective introduction thread here, everyone can make their own like you've done :D Well met and welcome!

Momiji
05-31-2010, 05:24 PM
FFIX is a great game. Welcome.

Shinwa Tsuki
06-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Thank you for welcoming me, everyone.

Welcome to the forums, Shinwa. Kind of sounds like Shin-Ra with a speech impediment. :)

I sound like Mr. Shinra with a speech impediment? Maybe, for you. That's something new for me.

Hi Shinwa! We don't have a collective introduction thread here, everyone can make their own like you've done :D Well met and welcome!

Well there should be one. If you and the other Administrators talk about it. It might help in the long run - just a suggestion.

Rantz
06-01-2010, 12:43 AM
Well, the thing is, this whole forum is for introduction threads! Instead of a thread for it, we have a forum! And you are still encouraged to introduce yourself! And you'll get lots of welcoming replies and more attention! Don't you think it's better this way? :D

oddler
06-01-2010, 12:48 AM
I sound like Mr. Shinra with a speech impediment? Maybe, for you. That's something new for me.

Well, I was saying it kind of sounds like a cutesy way to say Shin-Ra.

Shinwa may be my new favorite name to say, surpassing even rubah. :monster:

Shinwa Tsuki
06-01-2010, 04:12 AM
Well, the thing is, this whole forum is for introduction threads! Instead of a thread for it, we have a forum! And you are still encouraged to introduce yourself! And you'll get lots of welcoming replies and more attention! Don't you think it's better this way? :D

Hmm, when you put it that way. I guess I can live with it.

Well, I was saying it kind of sounds like a cutesy way to say Shin-Ra.

Shinwa may be my new favorite name to say, surpassing even rubah. :monster:

So you meant a part of my name? That's not what I had intended... Any how my sig gives both the kanji (Japanese and Chinese written characters) and the translation of what my full forum name means.

Hambone
06-01-2010, 04:25 AM
psst...Ami < Minako...

Welcome. :)

Shinwa Tsuki
06-01-2010, 04:41 AM
psst...Ami < Minako...

Thank you. Your avatar image is interesting - Ravenclaw from Harry Potter Septem-series, I do believe.

With Ami < Minako do you mean that Minako is greater then Ami? If so, then I would have to disagree with you on that, as I see that all of the Solar System Senshi are equal in strength and abilities - it's just that abilities very greatly and strength also varies. Strength can mean emotional strength, mental strength, physical strength, or magical strength. It just depends on what you think.

Edit: I forgot to ask a few simple questions: How many riddle threads for FF8, FF9, and FF7 compilation are there currently going on? How many are waiting for a new riddle? For that matter, if there are none that are ongoing am I able to create one for the entire series and some others? With others being other games, even anime and manga - two examples: Inuyasha is both an anime and a manga while Yūgi-Ō! is a card game, a manga, and an anime.

Also if I was to say Shinra in a cutesy form I would be more likely to say Chinra - as that, according to Mangajin's Basic Japanese through comics, is more of a child's way of saying Shinra.

I would also like to start a thread relating to etymologies of names. This would include both the Japanese and the English names of characters, items, summons, locations, and more - it would also include any special anagrams, theme, and pun related to the name and it owner, so to speak. Is that possible for me to do? If so, where should I post something like that.

For that matter I would also like to start a thread that is related to connections between two things (Example: Alexandria and Madien Sari of FF9) and other such things - I guess would could call it more of theory and educated thoughts kind of thread. And would also contain trivia related to any FF games. Is that doable?

Hambone
06-03-2010, 08:20 PM
psst...Ami < Minako...

Thank you. Your avatar image is interesting - Ravenclaw from Harry Potter Septem-series, I do believe.

With Ami < Minako do you mean that Minako is greater then Ami? If so, then I would have to disagree with you on that, as I see that all of the Solar System Senshi are equal in strength and abilities - it's just that abilities very greatly and strength also varies. Strength can mean emotional strength, mental strength, physical strength, or magical strength. It just depends on what you think.

Haha, yeah, I was just kidding. I would say Minako is better just off of personal preference. :p Technically though, it was stated in the manga and anime that she is the leader of the inner senshi. I don't know if that's supposed to imply that Venus is at a higher status than Mercury or not. It may mean that she has a little more power. :confused:

BarelySeeAtAll
06-03-2010, 11:11 PM
So many people have welcomed you, I fear this welcome is pointless :(

Jiro
06-04-2010, 07:27 AM
I would also like to start a thread relating to etymologies of names. This would include both the Japanese and the English names of characters, items, summons, locations, and more - it would also include any special anagrams, theme, and pun related to the name and it owner, so to speak. Is that possible for me to do? If so, where should I post something like that.

For that matter I would also like to start a thread that is related to connections between two things (Example: Alexandria and Madien Sari of FF9) and other such things - I guess would could call it more of theory and educated thoughts kind of thread. And would also contain trivia related to any FF games. Is that doable?

Sounds like something the Site Staff would be very interested in. If you click on the Site Contributions fora a little lower down and make a thread with your suggestions, I'm sure they'd be happy for you to go ahead.

Welcome!

Chloe.
06-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Welcome Shinwa! I like your name :D

Christmas
06-05-2010, 12:42 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/cooltext20850012.gif

Shinwa Tsuki
06-05-2010, 02:10 AM
psst...Ami < Minako...

Haha, yeah, I was just kidding. I would say Minako is better just off of personal preference. :p Technically though, it was stated in the manga and anime that she is the leader of the inner senshi. I don't know if that's supposed to imply that Venus is at a higher status than Mercury or not. It may mean that she has a little more power. :confused:

Yes Minako is stated to be the leader, but you must remember that she was once Sailor V before teaming up with the others and has recovered more of her memory of the Silver Millennium when they first met her. It's her expereance that most likely makes her a Leader then the others. And I am not positive how far her Leadership goes.

Sounds like something the Site Staff would be very interested in. If you click on the Site Contributions fora a little lower down and make a thread with your suggestions, I'm sure they'd be happy for you to go ahead.

Welcome!

I think I will. Just give me a bit of time for that.