PDA

View Full Version : What are you playing right now?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Loony BoB
06-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Couldn't find a thread for this that wasn't over two years old, so "oops" if I missed one.

I've been playing Football Manager 2010 now that the regular football season is over. I'm playing as Nottingham Forest because I think they should have gone through to the PL instead of Blackpool. I won the playoffs in my first season (Blackpool got relegated from the Championship, har har har) and struggled in my first season in the PL, managing 16th. Have signed just the player I really needed now, and am looking for a striker to carry on with. Can't wait for Football Manager 2011!

I just finished playing the co-op campaign of Resistance: Fall of Man with Danielle, it was awesome fun. We might play it again on a harder difficulty, find out what all these unlocked weapons are. I started Resistance 2 in single player since it doesn't have co-op for the main campaign (:(!) but so far have been unimpressed - they took out my favourite things about the previous game (being able to carry about ten guns, co-op campaign, etc) so it's a little gutting on that end. Oh well. We'll see how I go - I didn't buy it, just loaning the Resistance games from a friend while he borrows Uncharted 2 off me.

Finally, I just downloaded and installed Final Fantasy IX and played through to the first save point. It's enjoyable so far, although I find myself realising how much I loved certain aspects of Final Fantasy XIII, including, to my surprise, the linearity! Obviously I'm only a small way in but it just seems like it's so easy to get lost now. xD Crazy. And I can never tell if my decisions are going to affect what items I get. I'm suddenly far more paranoid while gaming than I was during XIII, when I pretty much knew I could easily get everything. xD Not criticising, though... just finding it amusing that I miss something that at the time can easily be considered to be annoying.

Might buy anothe game, but these should easily keep me going for some time to come.

NeoCracker
06-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Record of Agarest War has consumed most of my time the past few days, with a bit of 3D Dot heroes thrown in.

Agarest is currently a contender for the Best SRPG I've ever played, right up there with the likes of Brigandine on the PS1 and Makai Kingdom.

Mo-Nercy
06-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Need For Speed: Shift - Best NFS game ever. Fantastic dashboard view especially. An amazing sense of realism without actually being realistic to the point that it becomes impossible to just pick up and play. Great selection of cars too. Plenty drawn from the older 'illegal street racing' sub-genre games NFS was releasing for PS2 and plenty of Euro supercars that wouldn't look out of place being manuevered around the Top Gear test track by The Stig.

Grand Theft Auto IV - Got it cheap a few weeks ago along with NFS. FFXIII has been put on the backburner because of these two games.

On the go and in bed, I'm playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Professor Layton and Pandora's Box. Jubilations!

And Red Dead Redemption is due on Friday. My girlfriend bought it for as a gift, but refuses to give it to me until she leaves for her vacation because she doesn't want me finishing it before she leaves.

asukaevaunit02
06-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Finally, I just downloaded and installed Final Fantasy IX

Thats great to hear, its a great game! :) Hope you like it, its my favourite!:p

I havn't been playing too much lately. But I have been playing through the God of War Collection, just about to finish GoW I, then will move onto 2, and once I finish that I will buy 3.

I've been playing alot of Diablo 2 lately. Me and my best friend go through phases of playing this game out of nowhere. Lately, I have a good character, a level 82 Sorceress in Act 5 of Hell. I'm aimming to complete hell for the first time, so I'm quite excited about that! :D
Just out of curiosity anyone here completed hell?

Meat Puppet
06-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Red Dead Redemption, and DOOM II because that just came out on the arcade. Before that I was playing Borderlands, which I did not finish so I will have to return to some day. And I’m always playing Left 4 Dead/2.

VeloZer0
06-01-2010, 03:51 PM
I started Resistance 2 in single player since it doesn't have co-op for the main campaign (:(!) but so far have been unimpressed - they took out my favourite things about the previous game (being able to carry about ten guns, co-op campaign, etc) so it's a little gutting on that end.

Exactly my thoughts on Resistance 2. Having all the guns at the same time gave the game an excellent sense of development as you went on. Different guns for every scenario. I never even beat the single player.
Did you try online co-op? You basically pick one class (Covert-Ops[dps], Soldier [tank], or Medic [duh]) and have to go through a series of missions with and 8 member party. The classes are all set up so it is completely impossible to play solo, so people do actually stick together and help each other out. I spent all my Resistance 2 time playing this, it was extremely fun. Way more so than anything out of Resistance 1. I haven't played in forever, so if you want to give it a try give me a shout. (Does it bother anyone else that there is no good abbreviation for Resistance? Even Resi 2 would typically be read as Resident Evil 2)

What are you playing right now?
As for the original question....
Oh god I don't know :cry:

I have Eternal Sonata, White Knight Chronicles, Lost Odyssey, Fable II and Blue Dragon sitting on my shelf and I don't feel like getting into any of them. And that is just the games I haven't gotten into, not the ones that I have to get around to finishing.

I've played a little into White Knight Chronicles and though the combat system with setting up commands and combos seems really cool, and I am interested to see how it develops further. But in practice with the AI characters everything is going so fast and I feel I have extremely little control over what is actually happening in battles. I'm only gone across the first area and back, but in the first boss fight I basically had no clue what was going on and my character finished to boss off while I was getting my bearings. I don't like the implications for the rest of the game. Maybe I should just read some in depth guide on battle mechanics before I start so I can feel a little more in control.

I've also played into Lost Odyssey some, and though the whole setting concept of 'Magic-Industrial Revolution" is exactly the type of setting I love, nothing else about the game has really grabbed me. Plus the difficulty curve makes it a little more involved, which is normally good but as I don't feel a compelling reason to push forward it just saps my desire to play the game. (as in it feels like the difficulty is a chore, not a challenge). I'm just past the first boss, almost to Grand Staff.

Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata I haven't even touched.

I last played Fable II something like 6 months ago. I just got to the point where I can get exp and level up. The original reason I started playing was to run around and kill enemies like in Fable I, but there hasn't really been an area of stuff for me to kill yet, so I got bored and switched to something else.

And I still really want to pick up Record of Agrest War and Demon Souls, but it seems inappropriate when I have so many other games that I haven't even played yet.

Vyk
06-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Currently I'm tackling Hideo Kojima's ancient masterpiece "SNATCHER" for probably the first time. I've tried it a few other times but it never took hold. Now I'm probably about halfway through the game. Playing the SegaCD version on my PSP. And after that I'll probably move on to the English-patched version of a PSOne rip of his game "Policenauts" that I also have emulated on my PSP. I love me some point and click adventures that don't involved obscure item combinations you'd never think to do, let alone where to use them. These are more my style. With great noir and mature, well done, and interesting story-telling

I got back into Beyond Good and Evil for GameCube being played on the Wii, that's always fun. But other than that, I've just been dabbling in old console emulation on my PSP, but nothing too serious

Tried to play through Out of this World for Genesis/SegaCD, and got stuck. I was playing Flashback because I love that game, but I've beaten it on several occasions already, and figured I should focus on things I've yet to beat to make my retro mood more productive

Also I've dabbled in an unlicensed Taiwanese-made Genesis ROM of an RPG known as Barver Battle Saga (other translations call it Brave Battle Saga, but whichever). Its a really pretty game akin to late-life SNES graphics to some degree, making me wonder why the Genesis itself never employed such graphics. But the story is cliche and trite, and the battle mechanic is massively annoying. One of those games where you can see badguys on screen. But they swarm at you and chase you all over the screen so there's little point in even giving the option to avoid random encounters. If you ever stop to read a sign or get a treasure chest in a dungeon you'll have 2 or 3 battles waiting for you when you're done...

Shoeberto
06-01-2010, 04:54 PM
I just finished playing the co-op campaign of Resistance: Fall of Man with Danielle, it was awesome fun. We might play it again on a harder difficulty, find out what all these unlocked weapons are. I started Resistance 2 in single player since it doesn't have co-op for the main campaign (:(!) but so far have been unimpressed - they took out my favourite things about the previous game (being able to carry about ten guns, co-op campaign, etc) so it's a little gutting on that end. Oh well. We'll see how I go - I didn't buy it, just loaning the Resistance games from a friend while he borrows Uncharted 2 off me.
Blah, I loved Resistance 1 and have thought about grabbing the sequel, but I keep hearing this about it. Which sucks! The first game was fairly original as far as FPSes go. Granted, I played very little campaign coop, but it was a neat feature nonetheless. Switching to a Halo-like gun system would probably be the hardest for me to adapt to.

Right now I'm playing Final Fantasy XIII, trying to finish it - school kinda got in the way of it before. I'm also trying to get all of the star coins in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Aside from that, I'm picking up Little Big Planet pretty frequently just for fun. I'm thinking about replaying the Half-life 2 games for the Steam Achievements. I'd also like to do a full replay of the Metal Gear Solid games this summer (1-4 only, I don't really have any others). I may also do a fresh game of Pokemon Diamond, since my friends are all playing games in the series right now.

Clo
06-01-2010, 05:11 PM
I've been doing the 90s RPG thing lately (seeing as how I only have a PS2 console right now); I started with FF Tactics, got frustrated with that Weigraf/Velius battle, decided to take a break and I've reached pretty far into Star Ocean: Second Star Story now.

Also, someone lent me Tales of Destiny and I played a little bit of the beginning. Maybe I should modify and say "90s jRPG", because that's what I keep picking up.

VeloZer0
06-01-2010, 05:19 PM
I've been doing the 90s RPG thing lately (seeing as how I only have a PS2 console right now); I started with FF Tactics, got frustrated with that Weigraf/Velius battle, decided to take a break and I've reached pretty far into Star Ocean: Second Star Story now.

Also, someone lent me Tales of Destiny and I played a little bit of the beginning. Maybe I should modify and say "90s jRPG", because that's what I keep picking up.
In the 90s jRPGs were RPGs and wRPGs were a sideshow. Only recently have wRPGs hijacked the title of 'RPG' back.

Araciel
06-01-2010, 05:35 PM
FF9
rockband2
bejeweled blitz

Shoeberto
06-01-2010, 05:36 PM

In the 90s jRPGs were RPGs and wRPGs were a sideshow. Only recently have wRPGs hijacked the title of 'RPG' back.
That's extremely subjective. Western RPGs were gigantic, but mostly on PC. PCs were also a pretty dominant form of gaming at the time. It's only recently that they've started to lose their throne and western RPGs have moved to consoles. I'd say back then they were actually pretty evenly matched, and now JRPGs are being pushed out of the spotlight mostly due to the fact that very few of them have done any sort of meaningful evolution in the past ten years.

Vyk
06-01-2010, 05:57 PM

Nothing wrong with that! <3 Retro-gaming :] I remember Tales of Destiny being really long and faking out endings left and right. After about the third time I thought I was about to beat the game and something else opened up I said screw it lol I would probably feel differently these days but I didn't like being toyed with at the time. Its a pretty good game over-all though, especially for its time. Its a little cliched by today's standards though but still fond memories

Levian
06-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Right now my main game is FFIX and I've just done the Revisit Alexandria part with the extraction and all. It's fun to play this game again, I'm totally going to master chocobo hot & cold.

I'm also playing FFVI:A every now and then, but since it's portable I tend to play it on trips and such.

Kinda playing: Dark Cloud 2 & Trapt

June 2010:
Dark Cloud
Trapt
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XIII

VeloZer0
06-01-2010, 06:15 PM
That's extremely subjective. ...
Yes.

In the 90s when people said 'RPG' they were usually referring to what we now consider jRPGs. jRPGs as a term hasn't really been in popular circulation until the past half dozen years. Back in the 90s games like Final Fantasy 7 were what people general though of when you said RPG. (especially late 90s)

Shiny
06-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Splinter Cell: Conviction Co-Op which I mind as well be doing by myself cuz neither my sister nor my dad can seem to know how to work a controller.

Final Fantasy XIII: Just started it last night.

Red Dead Redemption: I'll get around to this eventually.

Agent Proto
06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
I've been playing Final Fantasy IV on the DS lately. I was playing Pokemon SoulSilver, but it's been taking up my playing time so I stopped so I could play FF4. I might consider popping up the PS2 to play Kingdom Hearts for the upcoming Eyes on Plays, but i don't really wanna bother atm. :( So, just playing FF4 for now.

Shoeberto
06-01-2010, 07:58 PM
That's extremely subjective. ...
Yes.

In the 90s when people said 'RPG' they were usually referring to what we now consider jRPGs. jRPGs as a term hasn't really been in popular circulation until the past half dozen years. Back in the 90s games like Final Fantasy 7 were what people general though of when you said RPG. (especially late 90s)
When I say subjective, I mean it depends on who you're asking: A PC gamer or a console gamer of the time. I don't think you can exactly say that one or the other was uniformly synonymous with the role-playing genre at the time, it just depended on your platform of preference. They really were about even in popularity.

Momiji
06-01-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm almost always playing Mushihimesama Futari off and on.

I'm also playing Trauma Team and Persona 3 off and on, as well.

I've actually been spending a bit of time learning how to code with Touhou Danmakufu, so that's pretty time-consuming as well.

I Took the Red Pill
06-01-2010, 08:22 PM
I've been playing lots of Super Mario Galaxy 2, it's just one of those games I'll start playing and three hours later realize I've been playing for an unhealthy amount of time. Before that I was playing Final Fantasy XIII, I'm on the second disc, but with Mario Galaxy to play I find it really hard to wanna play FF, likely because Galaxy is a better (though obviously very different) game, and because I like how it requires a very short attention span. Having a modded Wii, I just burned Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands and Fragile Dreams: Farewell Runes of the Moon but idk when I'll ever get around to playing those.

black orb
06-01-2010, 08:25 PM
>>> Im playing FF9, CD3 (terra)..:luca:

vinnie's mini's
06-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Right now I'm playing FF7 on my PSP as well as trying to finish FF13. Oh I've also been playing a bit of Secret of mana, I love that game so very much.

Other than that I have a huge list of others that I'm just waiting to play after I've finished those.

Oh and I guess I can add a bit of Dark cloud in there too (just trying to finish the extra dungeon).

LunarWeaver
06-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Playing Uncharted 2 again once they released the new Siege co-op mode. Unfortunately, rarely do the two others vote for it and I don't get to play it as much as I want, but when I do it's a great time.

Why can't these games have set lists to choose from? Why random :bou::bou::bou::bou: popping up that the people vote on? I hate ending up in a stage and mode I don't like. I don't understand this approach.

Aerith's Knight
06-01-2010, 09:11 PM
I just finished Alan wake. It was awesome.

Iceglow
06-01-2010, 09:18 PM
I have been playing the following:

Red Dead Redemption

CoD MW2 (multiplayer people!)

Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Final Fantasy IX

Chloe.
06-01-2010, 11:08 PM
I'm playing a few at the moment. I have two more trophies to get on FFXIII til I get the Platinum, so I've been playing that a lot lately. I'm also playing on FF7 on my PSP, I'm nearly on the 3rd disk now. Other than those there's a few randomers that I keep going back to, like last week I downloaded Flower and Bomberman Ultra on my PS3, they are both quite addictive.

I have a couple of PS3 games waiting to be played, mainly White Knight Chronicles, but I want to completely finish XIII til I play them.

Bolivar
06-02-2010, 01:05 AM
1. Killzone 2 - after a little over a year since its release, i finally got 100% of the Trophies (Platinum). Its a big deal for me b/c the last one I needed was to be in the Top 1% of the Worldwide leaderboard for the week, and I'll brag about it b/c I'm proud dammit :mad2:!!!!

2. Dragon Quest V - been playing a fanslation and its epic. Hope to beat it before VI is released on the DS in NA and buy that.

3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - bought the Map Pack (already paid $3/map before, and never played much of CoD4 multiplayer). Maps are great, favorite is Storm. But I've been playing Hardcore playlists lately and its really changed the way I view the game. Without the green phrases popping on the screen with rock music, numbers flying everywhere every 3 seconds, the experience bar, constant radar, and all the other crap in the way, this game is almost completely different. Convinced me there's something there worth appreciating behind all the attempts to appeal to as broad an audience as possible.

I started Resistance 2 in single player since it doesn't have co-op for the main campaign (:(!) but so far have been unimpressed - they took out my favourite things about the previous game (being able to carry about ten guns, co-op campaign, etc) so it's a little gutting on that end.

Exactly my thoughts on Resistance 2. Having all the guns at the same time gave the game an excellent sense of development as you went on. Different guns for every scenario. I never even beat the single player.

I've always thought these were bad reasons to hate on the game (Played multiplayer with some friends last week and a little campaign over the weekend (R2).) R2 compensates for the lack of weapon wheel by placing the guns you need at the scenarios you need them. Yes, the crazy guns are no longer there, but it never really appealed to me. Resistance 1 was overly drawn out with extremely repetitive engagements. By the end of the game, I had done of each of the 5 different kinds of scenarios at least 20 times. It was gray. Resistance 1 is the reason I held off on buying a PS3, Resistance 2 made me glad I bought one the year I did. IDK!!!

Anyway, the second one too has fallen from my favor. Going back, it's obvious the campaign was poorly designed in certain parts. It's just not good. But the variety, color, boss fights, and overall feel more than makes up for it for me. Still, the extreme auto-aim and bad map design killed the multiplayer for me, while the repetitiveness of fighting bullet spunges and never really doing much has even ruined co-op for me. But I will still play this game with a small group of friends, which is how I think its meant to be played. We should definitely get an EoFF game night going on with this, we've actually talked about it a few months back.

I have to stand by this. Even my one friend who was a total PC nut, did everything on it you could imagine and more, referred to japanese games when he said RPG, and it was his favorite genre. I do 100% believe WRPG's were niche, and that the role is reversed today.

BUT I have to say WRPG's have not evolved beyond graphics while jRPG's stagnate, as others might say. I would instead argue they've diluted themselves to appeal to a broader audience: Fallout 3 was criticized by long-time fans for being more about action, and Mass Effect 2 gutted much of its RPG elements to become more like a shooter.

At the same time, games like Demon's Souls and White Knight Chronicles have innovated, especially online multiplayer of all things. Valkyria Chronicles and Dragon Quest IX have done interesting things as well.

Vyk
06-02-2010, 01:30 AM
I assume the "EoFF plays FF#" is up to 9 now and that's why everyone seems to be playing it. I hacked my friend's PSP and its his favorite FF so I'll probably be ripping it and converting it for PSP here shortly. I might dig into it at that point myself

champagne supernova
06-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Final Fantasy XIII, although now that I've finished it, I'm just stuffing about. Although found a non-monster related side-quest!!!! So going to use it against people who say there aren't side-quests in this game.

Final Fantasy IX. Although I now need to level up my characters because I'm trying to beat Gizamaluke and am like level 6/7 with my characters. Apparently the FF Wikia reckons level 15 is a good one to try it at (or at least 10). Anyway, after getting my ass handed to me repeatedly, I am now going to grind for a bit. Which is my least favourite part of any FF game (why I stopped playing IV as well), hence why I'm now messing around in XIII.

Finished The Ballad of Gay Tony. So much fun. So much still to do outside the main storyline. Reminds me of the awesomeness of San Andreas (still my favourite GTA and possibly my favourite game of all time).

Got God of War 3. But will only take it out of its packaging when I've achieved certain objectives. Otherwise another weekend of my life will be eaten up, never to be seen again.

Also got Fallout 3 and Super Street Fighter 4, neither of which I've tried yet. Considering getting Heavy Rain or Red Dead Redemption once I'm done with them.

Jings
06-02-2010, 01:59 AM
Currently playing Red Dead Redemption and Alan Wake for the 360. Haven't touched them in a few days though because I've been stuck in ultra-micromanagement mode with Hearts of Iron 2. I'm currently in the process of creating a grand Mexican empire in South America. Only Brazil and Argentina stand in the way of victory. I'm also in the mood to play some Baldur's Gate so I'm probably going to do another playthrough of the entire saga. That should take me a good year or so.

Marshall Banana
06-02-2010, 04:49 AM
Right now my main game is FFIX and I've just done the Revisit Alexandria part with the extraction and all. It's fun to play this game again, I'm totally going to master chocobo hot & cold.
A couple of weeks ago I exchanged enough points to acquire the Robe of Lords from Mene! The Lagoon makes scoring a lot of points in one go easy.

I haven't played FFIX since I did that, but I have been playing Muramasa and Odin Sphere. I'm doing end-game tasks in Muramasa. I saw all three of Momohime's endings and two of Kisuke's. I have to level him up, so he can equip Oboro Muramasa before he can fight his final boss again and I can see his third ending.

The second/alternate final-boss fights for Kisuke and Momohime are my favorite in the whole game.

NeoCracker
06-02-2010, 05:31 AM
A couple of weeks ago I exchanged enough points to acquire the Robe of Lords from Mene! The Lagoon makes scoring a lot of points in one go easy.

I haven't played FFIX since I did that, but I have been playing Muramasa and Odin Sphere. I'm doing end-game tasks in Muramasa. I saw all three of Momohime's endings and two of Kisuke's. I have to level him up, so he can equip Oboro Muramasa before he can fight his final boss again and I can see his third ending.

The second/alternate final-boss fights for Kisuke and Momohime are my favorite in the whole game.

I actually prefer playing with Momohime over Kisuke. :p

On a whole, I love Muramasa, but Odin Sphere is the better title in most ways.

Loony BoB
06-02-2010, 12:56 PM
I've always thought these were bad reasons to hate on the game (Played multiplayer with some friends last week and a little campaign over the weekend (R2).) R2 compensates for the lack of weapon wheel by placing the guns you need at the scenarios you need them. Yes, the crazy guns are no longer there, but it never really appealed to me. Resistance 1 was overly drawn out with extremely repetitive engagements. By the end of the game, I had done of each of the 5 different kinds of scenarios at least 20 times. It was gray. Resistance 1 is the reason I held off on buying a PS3, Resistance 2 made me glad I bought one the year I did. IDK!!!
For me, the main thing was easily the lack of co-op. But as for the guns, yes, they may put the right ones in the right places, but part of the fun of the first game for me was how you could do it "your own way" - figure out which weapon you feel would be best used in each situation, rather than having the game pretty much tell you. Of course, even more fun is intentionally using a gun that you probably shouldn't use, but using it in a very inventive way. :D

I have to stand by this. Even my one friend who was a total PC nut, did everything on it you could imagine and more, referred to japanese games when he said RPG, and it was his favorite genre. I do 100% believe WRPG's were niche, and that the role is reversed today.
Elder Scrolls? I don't know, I played a dozen or so "WRPG" games in those days, although I can't say for certain if they were actually called WRPGs. I wouldn't say either type of game was insanely massive, but pretty much on par with each other prior to FFVII.

I assume the "EoFF plays FF#" is up to 9 now and that's why everyone seems to be playing it. I hacked my friend's PSP and its his favorite FF so I'll probably be ripping it and converting it for PSP here shortly. I might dig into it at that point myself
I think it's more to do with it being released on the PSN. That's the reason I'm playing it, anyway. I think it's Eyes on Kingdom Hearts this month...

asukaevaunit02
06-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Oh I've also been playing a bit of Secret of mana, I love that game so very much.

Me too! I was re-playing Seiken Densetsu 3 a couple of weeks back, trying a new party combination (Carlie, Hawk, Lise) but I got put off it after my computer crashed and I hadn't saved in ages... :(

VeloZer0
06-02-2010, 02:27 PM
I think it's more to do with it being released on the PSN. That's the reason I'm playing it, anyway. I think it's Eyes on Kingdom Hearts this month...
Are you just talking about it being released in Japan? I just checked and it isn't on the PSN. I was so excited after I read that I ran out and booted up my PS3 to check. :(

Hot Shot
06-02-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm going through a bit of a snes phase lately. I'm playing Tales of Phantasia (one of my favoutite RPGs ever) and I'm planning to start playing Star Ocean again because I never did get too far in it.

Dreddz
06-02-2010, 03:35 PM
FFXIII - Just managed to get off my ass and beat the game finally. Might go back and have a go at beating some of the missions if I'm really bored but I feel that I'm pretty much done with this game now. Cant say I'm thrilled over FFXIII but I did like the battle system and the music.

Pixeljunk Shooter - Beat this the same day as FFXIII. I found the game kind of dull to begin but started enjoying it more as the game went on. It seemed like they only started getting creative near the end which is a shame as by the time I started to really have fun the game finished. I am definitely interested in what they do with the sequel. Bitchin soundtrack also.

Braid - Had this on my PS3 for a while and only now started digging into it. To be honest I really dont have many good things to say about this game. The style and music just come across as pretentious and the story doesn't really add much. Some of the puzzles are kind of neat but thats not enough to pull me through to the end. Braid is as overrated as they come

Crossblades
06-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Final Fantasy IV:The After Years - I just recently started "The Gathering" chapter.

Samurai Warriors 2 - Trying to unlock Keiji Maeda and Kenshin Uesegi

Loony BoB
06-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Are you just talking about it being released in Japan? I just checked and it isn't on the PSN. I was so excited after I read that I ran out and booted up my PS3 to check. :(
It's out in Europe, I know that much. I've downloaded it. Make sure you check the "Latest" section. If you live in North America, I guess you have to wait a little longer, but it shouldn't be too long now, I imagine.

Shoeberto
06-02-2010, 05:04 PM
It's out in Europe, I know that much. I've downloaded it. Make sure you check the "Latest" section. If you live in North America, I guess you have to wait a little longer, but it shouldn't be too long now, I imagine.
It would be a little funny if we never got it, as payback for all the PS1 RPGs that the US had localized back in the '90s.

Funny and sad. :(

Madame Adequate
06-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Haven't touched them in a few days though because I've been stuck in ultra-micromanagement mode with Hearts of Iron 2. I'm currently in the process of creating a grand Mexican empire in South America. Only Brazil and Argentina stand in the way of victory.

Found a way to deal with the monster to your north, I take it?

I've also been playing HoI2 lately, to the exclusion of other stuff like RDR. A bit of Civ 4 as well, where my English Republic, far and away the dominant power on the main continent, was shocked to discover that another continent, though much smaller, was completely unified by the Maya who match outclass me considerably except in technology.

VeloZer0
06-02-2010, 05:30 PM
It would be a little funny if we never got it, as payback for all the PS1 RPGs that the US had localized back in the '90s.

Funny and sad. :(
I've checked everywhere. It's totally not there. :mad2:

Breine
06-02-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm currently playing Final Fantasy XII. I need to do some grinding, since it seems like I'm just a bit underleveled to complete the 3rd ascent of Pharos.

Rase
06-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Just started Mass Effect 1. I played and enjoyed 2, but wasn't able to get into one at the time I tried it. I blame Fallout 3 for that, because I'm really digging it now and looking forward to importing Julie Shepard into 2 (Sentinel, btw).

Speaking of Fallout 3, I also just picked up the GotY edition, so I'm starting on getting through all of the DLC I've been missing.

I am about halfway through Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and need to get back into playing it. I enjoy it, but I've juts been sucked into other things so much I've only been doing like a chapter every two or three days.

Also working on another file on Final Fantasy IV DS, for no good reason other than loving FFIV.

As always, keep playing Battlefield Bad Company 1 every night or so.

I have probably five other games I am at least halfway through that have fallen to the wayside for now.

Bolivar
06-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Few more:

Portable - I'm playing Gran Turismo PSP, FFVIII, and FFTactics a little bit. Probably picking up Twisted Metal: Head On soon since it's $9.99.

Just started some Unreal Tournament III also since one of my friends just got it.

For me, the main thing was easily the lack of co-op. But as for the guns, yes, they may put the right ones in the right places, but part of the fun of the first game for me was how you could do it "your own way" - figure out which weapon you feel would be best used in each situation, rather than having the game pretty much tell you. Of course, even more fun is intentionally using a gun that you probably shouldn't use, but using it in a very inventive way. :D

I totally agree about the co-op part, in fact it's one of the reasons I want to go back to the first one. The co-op missions in R2 is interesting, but it doesn't make up for a lack of co-op for the single player campaign, and even then loses its charm after a while.

I also see what you're saying about the guns part, that's again reinforced by the fact that there really aren't many interesting guns in R2, in fact they're all pretty much standard FPS fare whereas you could see the pedigree of the Ratchet & Clank developers with Resistance 2.

Elder Scrolls? I don't know, I played a dozen or so "WRPG" games in those days, although I can't say for certain if they were actually called WRPGs. I wouldn't say either type of game was insanely massive, but pretty much on par with each other prior to FFVII.

I could also agree that pre-FFVII they were both pretty niche.

Clo
06-03-2010, 05:44 AM
I'm going through a bit of a snes phase lately. I'm playing Tales of Phantasia (one of my favoutite RPGs ever) and I'm planning to start playing Star Ocean again because I never did get too far in it.
What the -- I'm playing Tales of Destiny and Star Ocean 2 right now. Close, very close, here.

Xanthia
06-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Currently playing Final Fantasy XIII... Finally got the time now that my course is coming to an end this year wha hoo!!! In... 3 glorious days I will be completely free and can spend all my time on it @_@ POW POW <333

Also I'm playing Uncharted 2. I just love this series. Nolan North could be my God any day <3.

Bolivar
06-09-2010, 08:05 PM
PEACE WALKER, baby! Just got Pokemone HearGold, too. 2 insane portable games.

Realm25
06-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Right now I'm wrapping up Final Fantasy 2, and just beat Final Fantasy 1 again for the 10th or so time.

I'm also starting Chrono Trigger DS today, and probably gonna be playing that alongside Final Fantasy 3 DS.

Now on my 360 I really only play Modern Warfare 2, because the game library is absolutely horrible for rpg lovers.

~*~Celes~*~
06-10-2010, 03:01 AM
Myself Doom II for the most part, but I'm thinking of picking up Gears of War 2 soon and maybe some more Dragon Age.

Iceglow
06-10-2010, 03:05 AM
I was going to say myself but Kari stole my punchline because she heard me say it aloud over skype. Red Dead took over my life right now.

Agent Proto
06-10-2010, 06:42 AM
I want to add Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love for the Wii to the extremely short list of games I'm currently playing. Ha, in fact my list is so short, it only consists of two games.

Vyk
06-10-2010, 08:16 AM
That game has been sorely tempting me as well. A highly acclaimed 15 year old niche series -finally- gets a chance abroad. Probably the only official release of a Sakura Wars game I'll ever see. I feel obligated to have a look

Rocket Edge
06-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Got hold of a PS2 recently and I'm replying FFXII. I'm just after coming out of Barhiem Passage I think it's called after freeing Basch. Good times.

Slothy
06-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Playing through Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, 3D Dot Game Heroes, and my newly acquired copy of inFamous right now. The first three are absolutely delightful (even when playing through a second time for the first two so I can actually finish them this time) while inFamous is pretty good but not without some problems that continually nag at me.

And I am perpetually playing Team Fortress 2 since it is the greatest multiplayer FPS ever conceived.

Jings
06-10-2010, 07:44 PM
I've been playing some Force Unleashed. Not a great game but the chance to play a Sith who plays with men like dolls is a good de-stresser.

Madame Adequate
06-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Playing a lot of Civ IV the last couple of days. China is supreme! As usual I have tech'd up enormously and nobody can even remotely match me.

I'm playing with a modpack that adds the ability for revolutions and such to occur. My biggest rival was Hammurabi, who actually outclassed me in all ways except tech; he had two vassals, more cities, more money, and considerably higher total military strength. He was, however, spread over three continents. So I assembled the biggest strike force I could, landed right next to his capital, and flattened every single city on his home continent.

This did the expected job of knocking him down a peg or seventeen but, better yet, the number of AI players went from 6 to 14 in the following years as his entire empire began to collapse into revolts and colonial agitation.

Also Gandhi is my bff and his sole vassal state is, hilariously enough, England, led by Duchess Victoria :lol:

Flying Arrow
06-11-2010, 02:51 AM
I've got Bayonetta, Dragon Age: Origins and Super Street Fighter IV going at the moment. I don't normally veg out on this many games as once (usually just one), but I've been gaming and obscene amount these last few months because, starting in September, I'll basically be putting almost all of my leisure time aside for god knows how long and I want to get a nice taste of this generation's games before the next one sneaks up on me.

Brennan
06-11-2010, 03:00 AM
I'm replaying/I've replayed all of these at the moment:

Megaman X1-6 (The collection set)
Megaman Zero 3
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XIII
Lost Odyssey
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Beaten:
Megaman X1-3
Megaman Zero 3
Twilight Princess

Close to beaten:
Megaman X4-5
Final Fantasy X

Beginning/Halfway Point:
Megaman X6
Final Fantasy XIII
Lost Odyssey

Wolf Kanno
06-12-2010, 05:54 AM
PS3: Fallout 3 - I just got a dog named Hitle... I mean Dogmeat. He tells Dean to do things... :shifty:

PS2: Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne - Chasing the Manikins to their new home, and battling the four rogue Mantra Oni...

DS: Sword of Mana - Heroes story, retrieved the piece of :bou::bou::bou::bou: that is the rusted Mana Sword. Getting revved up for the final confrontation.

PSP: Metal Gear Solid Portable OPS: Big Boss is MIA and now the troops need to collect data. Wishing that CQC in this game was as fluid as it was in MGS3. :(

Wii: Mario Galaxy - PENGUINS!!!!

NeoCracker
06-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Just started playing Majora's Mask again, remembering how insanely awesome it was. I actually prefer it to OoT, and it's probably my favorite entry in the series.

Christmas
06-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Romance of the three kingdoms XI and X. I switch between these two. :bigsmile:

escobert
06-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I've been switching between oblivion and Fallout 3 for the last year. It'll be nice to have the internets back again so i can play something different.

BarelySeeAtAll
06-12-2010, 07:28 PM
I feel like such a pathetic excuse of a gamer xp Bought FFX-2 the other day mainly for the sake of my two besties, who kind of made me do it. I know I'm a girl, but frankly I feel too girly playing it >.<

And for some retarded reason I still haven't finished Assassins Creed II which I got six months back. :p.

To be fair - I have to ask my bro to use his ps3 all the time, and have had school. u_u Okay no I have no excuse.

Greatermaximus
06-13-2010, 10:03 PM
This thread isn't about justifying how and why you are playing it. I'm playing DnD finally. But to justify it anyway, it's a group activity and the adventures can be fun.

Bad Wolf
06-13-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm currently playing FFXIII and Chrono Trigger. :D

Markus. D
06-14-2010, 02:52 AM
I'm thinking of finally getting a start on the new War in Kryta expansion GW has.

But otherwise, I have restarted Mass Effect 1~ xD <3

MeiChama
06-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Bolivar
06-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Right now I'm playing the Medal of Honor Closed Beta~!!!!!

Greatermaximus
06-19-2010, 08:32 AM
I always get the Pyramids and Great Library early on. The Civ fanatics forum has opinions about the best Wonder, but it depends on the type of campaign.

Civilization is straight-forward and fun it that way. I don't think anything really awesome is possible, but I could just not be remembering right now.

Because right now tonight I won two casual games of Risk.

Elite Lord Sigma
06-19-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm going to be playing Gears of War 2 until the 6x EXP event ends on Monday. After that, I'll be switching to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

black orb
06-20-2010, 01:19 AM
>>> FF1 Shopkeepers Quest (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy/128305-ff1-shopkeepers-quest.html), best game ever..:luca:

Rad Bromance
06-20-2010, 05:19 AM
Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening and man is it difficult (yay). I decided to go back to finishing all the PS2 games I never got around to playing now that I'm finding them all for $5 to $10 or so.

Too bad there's no way to make them not look like crap on my LCD display. ;__;

Drift
06-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Valkeria Chronicles on the PS3

Chris
06-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Currently switching between FFX and The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. :jess:

Clo
06-21-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm trying to play Dragon Age: Origins, but the XBox keeps overheating and shutting off. :smash:

Shoeberto
07-01-2010, 02:10 PM
I beat FFXIII about two weeks ago. I'm still working my way (slowly) through Kingdom Hearts, though my inability to access a walkthrough at home has made it hard since I'm super stuck.

Otherwise I've been replaying Resistance: Fall of Man. Planning on playing Borderlands this weekend when my internet is turned on. I'd like to replay some of the Metal Gear Solid games still, at least 3 and 4.

Loony BoB
07-01-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm now playing Final Fantasy IX. Slowly but surely. Every now and then Danielle and I might play a game of Civilizaion IV, too.

Christmas
07-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Street Fighter Zero II. XD

doeboyfresh14
07-01-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm playing COD MW2 (only online, without the expansion maps)
MLB the show 2010 Road to the show and fantasy draft season
and FFXIII i'm in orphans cradle right now.

All PS3.

Laddy
07-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Dark Cloud and Final Fantasy XIII

Shadowdust
07-02-2010, 01:33 AM
Starting last weekend, I have mostly been playing Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for the PSP. I've also been trying to get some time in on Kingdom Hearts and plan to play both games over again in anticipation of Birth By Sleep.

Agent Proto
07-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Picked up Muramasa: The Demon Blade and started playing. :D

Dreddz
07-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Currently playing Joe Danger and Oblivion. Joe Danger is great but Oblivion.....I just dunno. Every time I think I'm enjoying the game I run in bugs and stupid annoyances. Plus for such a big world there is surprisingly little diversity with buildings and dungeons.

Iceglow
07-02-2010, 10:46 PM
I've been playing some ridiculous amounts of SRPGs right now.

Firstly I am still playing FFIX. Joining this on my list of PSOne gaming is Front Mission 3 the first of the SRPGs I am playing.

I am considering rebooting my account on GW to play with Christmas, I don't have much time atm though so maybe, maybe not. If you can convince me to Becky perhaps we can do a couple of hours on Sunday.

I'm playing Red Dead Redemption on my 360 almost exclusively atm. Though Modern Warfare 2 has sucked me in again for the multiplayer, I'm slowly but surely going Prestige (I don't play it too often or for too long but I'm generally in the top 3 of my team in games and in the top 5 of the entire game) I've also been looking at getting my ass in to Fallout 3 with the intention of finishing it and if I can convince Paul to party up finish Gears of War 2 on Insanity mode.

Edit: My other SRPG I've been doing lately is still FFTA2

Nominus Experse
07-02-2010, 10:55 PM
rgarregha

oddler
07-03-2010, 02:37 AM
I'm replaying Final Fantasy Mystic Quest and doing things I normally wouldn't do like casting Life or Heal on enemies! It's interesting. xD

Zaskull
07-03-2010, 03:45 AM
Right now, WoW, SC:BW, and the Starcraft 2 beta when it's back.

Casey
07-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Mass Effect 1, so far it's pretty good. I'm also playing Arcanum.

Vagrant
07-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Currently playing Joe Danger and Oblivion. Joe Danger is great but Oblivion.....I just dunno. Every time I think I'm enjoying the game I run in bugs and stupid annoyances. Plus for such a big world there is surprisingly little diversity with buildings and dungeons.

I really keep trying to get into Oblivion on the PS3 but the level matching is driving me crazy. I hate the fact that as I level up and get stronger I'll walk into bandit camps where they have boss-like armour and weapons. I don't feel any sense of progression and it's really putting me off.

Other than that I'm playing FF1 on my PSP and FFXIII.

After that I'm going to blitz Fallout 3 GOTY again or possibly pick up Dragon Age for the first time.

Drift
07-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Peacewalker atm. This would be amazing on the PS3...only because I won't need to be near my charger all the time :(

Bad Wolf
07-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Lots of FFXIII, as well as some Mass Effect and Brütal Legend here and there. :D

Loony BoB
07-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Played a little of Final Fantasy XII last night while Danielle was using the lounge TV (the bedroom TV has the PS2, the lounge TV has the 360/PS3).

Christmas
07-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Played a little of Final Fantasy XII last night while Danielle was using the lounge TV (the bedroom TV has the PS2, the lounge TV has the 360/PS3).

Haha, I am playing FF XII too currently too using that PS 2 emulator I downloaded! Can't say I really like the game. :bigsmile:

And hell there sure is a lot of NPCs! :bigsmile:

Loony BoB
07-05-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm actually doing something like my third playthrough. I'm trying to finish the game this time (as I did the time before) but it's just so easy to get distracted by the masses of things to do, and the time it takes to do them. So with that in mind I'm trying to rush a little more than I did before... not get sidetracked by all the hunts etc. =]

aquatius
07-05-2010, 03:56 PM
FFV in Japanese.

black orb
07-05-2010, 06:01 PM
>>> Wild Arms, the game is a torture. I dont know if Im going to have the will to beat it..:luca:

Marshall Banana
07-05-2010, 06:09 PM
FFV in Japanese.
Ooh! That's the version I usually play. I even have a Super Famicom cartridge.

---

So, I guess I'll continue playing Mother 3 today. I'm on the last chapter!

Vagrant
07-05-2010, 10:12 PM
>>> Wild Arms, the game is a torture. I dont know if Im going to have the will to beat it..:luca:

First RPG I ever finished and first game I ever got for my PSX. Amazing game!

Dreddz
07-05-2010, 10:18 PM
I just started God of War III today. Storywise I couldn't care less but the rest of the game is very well done. They sure didn't skimp on the production values that's for sure. Great camera work too.

NeoCracker
07-06-2010, 02:43 AM
FFV in Japanese.

---

My favorite part of that entire game was, [/spoiler]"The good news is we found this powerful Drago tooth and we can turn it into a powerful weapon. The bad news is we found it impaled in the chest of your wife."[/spoiler]

XD

black orb
07-06-2010, 03:29 AM

First RPG I ever finished and first game I ever got for my PSX. Amazing game!
>>> The game is ok, but the battles are annoying..:luca:

Loony BoB
07-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Gotta say, I really enjoyed Wild Arms when I played it a very long time ago. That and Alundra were top notch for me in my early RPG'ing days.

Proxy
07-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Private Ragnarok Online server: PaganRO
if you play, or want to. Let me know, I'll add you as a friend =)

Shattered Dreamer
07-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Lets see:

Fifa 10 : Working on getting the Phoenix from the Ashes trophy with Notts County in Manager mode. Gone from 1 1/2 stars to 3 stars in a season & 1/2.

Red Dead Redemption: Finished the main story a few days ago, now working on a brand new save going for 100% completion. Anyone else notice it's close to impossible to build up a decent amount of dishonor in this game?

Final Fantasy XIII: This one has been on the back burner for about a month & 1/2. My save is in Chapter 11. I love the game but I find I just don't have the energy for it at the moment.

Chris
07-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Currently having lots and lots of fun playing Lego Harry Potter. I have the Lego Star Wars games for PC, but I just bought a brand new PS3, so I plan on getting the Complete Saga too. I am also scheming to buy Indiana Jones and Batman. :jess:

Momiji
07-10-2010, 07:55 PM
DeathSmiles: Lots of fun. If you like arcade games in the slightest, please pick this game up and support more US releases of CAVE games. :3

Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love: I've heard enough good things about this series, so it's about time I looked into it. Really liking this so far.

black orb
07-10-2010, 11:42 PM
>>> FF13. looks like this game is too short, I started playing this game just 2 days ago and Im already in charper 10..:luca:

Carnage-
07-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Final Fantasy VII, for the whatever-th time. I got really bored yesterday and I have no plans for hangouts with any of my friends so there is really nothing else for me to do D:

Stjewy
07-11-2010, 12:53 PM
- FFVII ( NM challenge )
- KH II
- CoD 4 & 6

Rase
07-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Working through Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen right now.

Clouded Sky
07-12-2010, 01:50 AM
This looks like the place to be. Started LEGO Harry Potter last night. Find myself playing a lot of MtG on OCTGN as well.

Also, I wasn't sure if this should could in the ID/friend code thread, but anyone interested in playing anything together online? My 360 is getting lonely and I've got a giant catalog of Wii games with a select few that allow online multiplayer. (I've been eyeing you, pirates plundarrrrr)

EDIT: Turns out, Pirates Plundarrr is local only. But I'd love to Castle Crash. :P

Wolf Kanno
07-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Wii - Mario Galaxy and FFIV: The After Years
DS - FFIV
PS3 - Disgaea 3 and Penny Arcade: The Precipice of Darkness
PSP - Shin Megami Tensei Persona

Bolivar
07-12-2010, 08:13 PM
A lot of MW2 after prestiging again. Hoping to score my own copy of FFXIII soon so I can play the rest of it, about halfway through...

Elite Lord Sigma
07-12-2010, 09:15 PM
I have a ton of Arcade games sitting on my hard drive that I want to get through. The current one on my chopping block is Banjo-Tooie. So far, it's been a lot of fun; I've always liked the platformer N64 games in the vein of Donkey Kong 64.

Dreddz
07-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Just managed to platinum Wipeout HD without even trying. Pretty chuffed with that. Gonna go back and play Ninja Gaiden 2 until I have enough money to buy Demons Souls. Quite the hardcore guy I am.

oddler
07-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Shining Force: Resurrection of Dark Dragon, solo main character. Kind of interesting to only use the main character and it's really the only thing I have time for right now since I'm working long hours. :-\

JKTrix
07-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Dragon Quest IX has taken over my life since Saturday.

Bolivar
07-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Just managed to platinum Wipeout HD without even trying.

You crazy son.

Shining Force: Resurrection of Dark Dragon, solo main character. Kind of interesting to only use the main character and it's really the only thing I have time for right now since I'm working long hours. :-\

That sounds really interestiong, how does it play? It almost seems like it would be manageable since you're doing things one at a time, but if you get surrounded it could be a nightmare. Alot of Egress-using to level up?

Dragon Quest IX has taken over my life since Saturday.

So how is it?

Flying Arrow
07-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Aside from my twice-or-thrice-a-week bouts of Super Street Fighter IV with my friends, lately I've been playing LittleBigPlanet (GOTY) both by myself and with my girlfriend.

Also been playing Uncharted 2 (lent to me by a friend). U1 is a good game - doesn't really do anything wrong, and is entertaining enough. U2 is quite a bit better, mainly in terms of pacing and level-design. U1's gun battles could really get on my nerves, but I find U2 moves along rather swimmingly. My beef with both games is that the environments are designed in such a way to encourage exploration, but doesn't deliver it. A lot of times I will jump to a ledge that Nathan, as far as the game has shown, can grab, but will fall and die because it's just wallpaper. I'm not saying the game needs to be multi-linear or anything, but maybe some more out-of-the-way platforming leading to treasure would be nice, especially if the designers aren't going to bother to make distinctions between what is and isn't grab-able.

Not sure what to move onto next. I've got quite a bit of free time before I begin my MA in September, so I'm trying to get all my gaming in now. As much as I love the PS3, I'm finding most of the games I've played to be more fluffy than I'm used to. I miss the days when Sony was an absolute treasure trove for RPGs and strategy games.

Levian
07-13-2010, 08:39 PM
June 2010:
Dark Cloud
Trapt
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XIII

One and a half month later I've taken a break from Trapt, Dark Cloud and FFXII. I've picked up Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Lego Harry Potter as well.

oddler
07-14-2010, 11:51 AM
That sounds really interestiong, how does it play? It almost seems like it would be manageable since you're doing things one at a time, but if you get surrounded it could be a nightmare. Alot of Egress-using to level up?

Only in the first couple battles, really. Your defense is so high after a while that everything only hits you for 1 damage. It's getting rough now in Chapter 7, though. Too many mages and monsters that can cause magical damage. Pile on the Healing Seeds and use the crap out of the White Ring and hope it doesn't crack. xD

Marshall Banana
07-16-2010, 08:28 AM
FFV in Japanese.

---

My favorite part of that entire game was, "The good news is we found this powerful Drago tooth and we can turn it into a powerful weapon. The bad news is we found it impaled in the chest of your wife."

XD
There are so many good parts in the game that it's hard for me to choose a favorite!

I finished Mother 3 tonight. The final battle is really touching, possibly the best out of every game I've played.

Dreddz
07-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Just picked up Condemned 2 and Infamous. Went to buy Demons Souls but they didn't have it in stock so I said screw it I'm not going away empty handed!

Put in a few hours into both. Condemned 2 is actually a really underrated game, by far the scariest game I've played this gen. Probably the bleakest and most grimiest game I've ever played too. Problem is that the combat is so mediocre. Ill still see it through to the end. Currently in a doll factory and that can only lead to good things.

Infamous I'm torn on. The story, characters and music are all top notch. Like Condemned 2, I can't get into the combat. The platforming still feels too awkward for me. Plus the game may be a little too chaotic for my tastes. The moment I start walking the streets I have crackheads on all the roofs firing at me. Its too much!

Nominus Experse
07-17-2010, 09:23 PM

Carnage-
07-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Playing a mixture of Gears of War 2, Fifa 10, and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, all for Xbox 360. My GT is MassivCarnage if anyone wants to play me in anything.

Alucard von Elru
07-18-2010, 03:56 AM
The Bayonetta demo. Again and again and again. God I can't wait to buy this game! Come on moneys!

Bunny
07-18-2010, 04:36 AM
I am running down hallways and listening to people whine about every little thing that is wrong in their lives.

(FF13)

Proxy
07-18-2010, 05:06 AM
PaganRO...really someone come play with me...please

Jessweeee♪
07-18-2010, 07:04 PM

It's...it's like watching a train wreck. I can't stop.

Proxy
07-19-2010, 10:22 AM

It's...it's like watching a train wreck. I can't stop.

Ha

Loony BoB
07-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Danielle is playing Uncharted 2, which means when she heads out of the room for five minutes, I'm playing that too. :p Otherwise still playing Final Fantasy XII - got to the very last battle, got the guy to HP critical and then got my arse handed to me big time at level 43. Suggested level for the battle is something like 86 according to some guides, 54 according to others. Have since been doing hunts and regular enemies for an increase in level - got to 47/48 and am also looking for better weapons/armour. Hopefully by the time I'm level 50 on all characters I'll be able to do the business.

Jessweeee♪
07-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Danielle is playing Uncharted 2, which means when she heads out of the room for five minutes, I'm playing that too. :p Otherwise still playing Final Fantasy XII - got to the very last battle, got the guy to HP critical and then got my arse handed to me big time at level 43. Suggested level for the battle is something like 86 according to some guides, 54 according to others. Have since been doing hunts and regular enemies for an increase in level - got to 47/48 and am also looking for better weapons/armour. Hopefully by the time I'm level 50 on all characters I'll be able to do the business.

50 is just fine if you have nice gambits! The trick is keeping up your MP, which isn't too difficult if you have most of the MP recovery augments and a Self MP >= X gambit for charge. Whoever said 86 probably just attacks xD

Zeldy
07-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Tales of Symphonia. I can't remember exactly where I'm upto but I'm still on disc 1. I've completed it before, though.

Evastio
07-20-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm playing Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem.

I have to say, despite being in Japanese, I think it's become my most favourite Fire Emblem title. I was planning to only play through it once in Japanese and then wait for the English version, but considering that there's so many characters and not enough deployment slots (not to mention reclassing multiplies the possibilities for teams that much further), I'm tempted to do another playthrough with a different team. All the characters' personalities are much more fleshed out with battle preparation conversations (though I don't understand them). I'm also enjoying the character encyclopedia and unlocking more of it by playing through the game.

Also, with casual mode (where there's no permanent deaths), hopefully it'll appeal to more gamers.

On a side note, they've also added every character from Shadow Dragon and the Bandai Satellite Fire Emblem games and made them playable save for a few (like Jagen, Hardin, Lawrence, and Boah, though they still show up in the story), which I think is just awesome. Even Michalis is playable now, and I'm definitely going to enjoy having him on my team.

Iceglow
07-21-2010, 12:29 AM
I've become very competitive with the MW2 online multiplayer, I'm constantly checking how I fare against other EoFF members, work colleagues and family/friends. Because I love being a perfectionist also I am slowly building up each weapon, so far I have unlocked all attachments to the Tar-21 and the PP2000 I've almost got the final attachments for my Aug LMG and for the Barrett 50 cal sniper rifle, I've begun working on the PP90 SMG and Striker Shotgun also the Raffica m9 machine pistol is well under way (my LMG class carries a USP tactical for emergencies but if I am forced to rely on that as him generally speaking I'll soon be dead and thus back to using the lmg as normal) My K/D ratio is currently at something like 0.86 or so bear in mind it was 0.79 and dropped to 0.74 after the events of my birthday so it's climbed a lot considering it's harder to re-address a K/D ratio than anything else since it requires not just comming out on top of games with a positive k/d spread but a continuous showing of this kind of skill. On average my kills will number around 15 - 25 and my deaths around 7.

Mo-Nercy
07-21-2010, 05:52 AM
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth.

Great game. Easily best out of all the Ace Attorney games because of:
a) Miles Edgeworth
b) new gameplay aspects - being able to guide Edgey around a room to investigate and examine and the new Logic feature.

Levian
07-21-2010, 08:45 AM
FFV in Japanese.

---

My favorite part of that entire game was, "The good news is we found this powerful Drago tooth and we can turn it into a powerful weapon. The bad news is we found it impaled in the chest of your wife."

XD

Is that an actual line from the game? If so, that's just awesome.

LunarWeaver
07-21-2010, 03:32 PM
I've totally run out of anything relevant to play to the point I made a second PSN ID just to reset my Uncharted 2 rank to 1 and earn money all over again. Fuck me.

NeoCracker
07-21-2010, 07:47 PM
FFV in Japanese.

---

XD

Yes, yes it is. :p

Marshall Banana
07-21-2010, 10:55 PM
FFV in Japanese.

---

XD

It's also a really big spoiler! You just ruined the first half of chapter one for him, if he decides to play it! XD

NeoCracker
07-22-2010, 04:09 AM
FFV in Japanese.

---

XD

It's also a really big spoiler! You just ruined the first half of chapter one for him, if he decides to play it! XD

Oh please, the reveal the wife is dead is the least surprising thing in that game. :P

Marshall Banana
07-22-2010, 04:12 AM
Oh please, the reveal the wife is dead is the least surprising thing in that game. :P
Not the way it's revealed!

And the uncertainty in that part of the game is one thing I really liked about it! It's suspenseful!

I went back through my posts and put spoiler tags around the spoiler!

NeoCracker
07-22-2010, 04:22 AM

And the uncertainty in that part of the game is one thing I really liked about it! It's suspenseful!

I didn't really find Chapter 1 all that suspenseful, it's not until the chapter after Duster much really happened I'd consider suspenseful. :p

Levian
07-22-2010, 10:47 AM
I'll survive! ;)

Christmas
07-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Diablo II! Single player only though. No idea where my CD Key went! :bigsmile:

I like how I can add crazy mods to my items in Single player! :bigsmile:

xXsarahXx
07-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Super Street Fighter IV :D Practicing some Chun Li so i can coach my friend on some combos later. He keeps using the leg spam multikick over, and over and over again! And its fricking annoying all of us who play!

Goldenboko
07-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Currently working on a goal to play through the Metal Gear Saga in 2-3 weeks. Finished 3, 1, and 3/4's of the way through 2. Why didn't I play these games sooner?

Marshall Banana
07-22-2010, 09:12 PM

I didn't really find Chapter 1 all that suspenseful, it's not until the chapter after Duster much really happened I'd consider suspenseful. :p

I'll survive! ;)
Still, it's one of the most memorable and shocking parts of the game, even if you don't doubt that the wife is dead, I imagine.

I didn't think anyone would pay attention to the line when Cracker posted it, but apparently someone did! And, normally, spoilers don't bother me, but Mother 3 is a game you should go into completely oblivious to what happens and is said, for the best experience. So, please, please, please put a spoiler tag around that line!

Nominus Experse
07-23-2010, 10:02 AM
gwaweg

crono_logical
08-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Ar Tonelico 3! :D Though the story or flow of events doesn't feel as well executed as it was in Ar Tonelico 2.

Also finished Atelier Totori a few weeks ago (well, got 3 of the endings so far) - if it ever gets translated, I'd definitely recommend it along with Atelier Rorona if you want RPGs that are more relaxing :p

NeoCracker
08-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Little late to checking this thread again, but I went ahead and spoilered it all in my posts. :P

Agent Proto
08-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Was playing FFXIII today. Doubt I'll be playing this game very regularly though.

oddler
08-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Finished up Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. I think I'm about to give up on the solo main character playthrough for Shining Force: Resurrection of Dark Dragon. I'm like level 60 and unable to deal more damage than I'm taking each turn. : \

I think for the next couple days I might mess around with RPG Maker for Playstation and after that, maybe I'll pick up on my project for RMXP. :choc2:

Flying Arrow
08-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Just finished Bayonetta on Hard mode. Disgusting. I don't even want to think about playing it through again on Non-stop Infinite Climax (yep) mode. Great game, though. Not for the faint of heart. Reminds me how coddled most gamers are (including myself) these days when it comes to difficulty.

Also started Fallout 3 - GOTY last week. Good game although I'm not sure it's that much better than Oblivion as most people say, which is a statement that most likely will lose me some friends. Hell, I'm not even sure it's better than Oblivion at all.

Loony BoB
08-02-2010, 01:13 PM
I've been doing some solid trophy hunting on Uncharted 2 and am on chapter 25 on Hard Mode - doing pretty well so far but got to the point where I take on the tribesmen just before the rainy area and got my butt handed to me over a fifteen minute period before going to bed yesterday. Will have to have another go tonight, see if I can fare better with more time available to me. If I manage to beat it, I may begin Crushing difficulty in order to get the platinum trophy, but we'll see. I've got all but those two (Hard + Crushing) done for the single player and am really enjoying the multiplayer too - it's really fun.

Skyblade
08-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Starcraft II.

And some of the Hard Mode achievements for the storyline are crazy. On your third mission, which is a hold the line mission where you have nothing but Marines and Medics, you get tasked with destroying four Zerg Hatcheries. I finally did this. Then I reloaded an autosave, because the assault was so costly that I didn't have the forces left to hold out against the massive final push. Fortunately, it wasn't one of the achievements that requires you complete the mission to achieve.

Chloe.
08-02-2010, 06:01 PM
I bought Dragon Quest IX on Saturday and have been playing it a lot since, I'm really enjoying it. Before I got that I was playing a bit of Pokemon SoulSilver :p

black orb
08-02-2010, 09:59 PM
>>> Disgaea 3, my eyes are blood-stained..:luca:

Rase
08-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Plowing through Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (Dark Conflict for you UK/Aussie folks). I don't like the lack of CO powers in the main story, but the story itself is alright. Plus the music is freaking pumping.

ValkyrieWing
08-03-2010, 04:16 PM
This is why I love working at a video game store. :D

I'm playing Puzzle Quest 2 on my DS right now. Console gaming's kinda out till I move, although I dusted Star Ocean TTEOT off for a couple hours the other day.

Chris
08-03-2010, 04:29 PM
After more than a month, I'm still plowing through "LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4". 75% and there is still so much to do. I love it. :D

Loony BoB
08-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Oh, that reminds me, Danielle and I are also playing Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures. Man, are those controls fiddly. The amount of times Danielle and I have beat each other up, too... oops? We've also been playing Wipeout HD (Elimination games only, of course).

Still waiting for Lego Star Wars to arrive from HMV.

DD99
08-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Final Fantasy II

Carnage-
08-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Mario Kart DS because I'm tired as fuck and I'm hallucinating + it's fucking hilarious

ChickenHeart
08-17-2010, 11:48 AM
GTA IV
SSX3
I might play Dog's life though :/

Madame Adequate
08-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Suikoden 2 - now in the final dungeon but there's still things to do before I finish, like see if that level 99 bug is genuine.

Victoria II - The Belgian empire shall grow and shall prevail.

Dwarf Fortress - Managed to avert a major booze crises due to a lack of barrels, now digging a cistern for a major reservoir and smoothing out the residential main street.

I also have a game of Fallout 3 in semi-stasis and game of Hearts of Iron 2 (Kaiserreich mod) that is on standby until I cba playing it again.

Clo
08-17-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm playing Dragon Age: Origins still. I'm bent on finishing it before I move, will I make it?! I don't think so...

ScottyRedXIII
08-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Warhawk

ScottyRedXIII
08-17-2010, 04:54 PM
and ff 1

Polnareff
08-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Fear Effect
Cool Boarders 2
El Dorado Gate Vol. 1 (Dreamcast)

iced_saltine
08-22-2010, 12:07 AM
winding down on age of empires II

may move onto some dungeon crawling in oblivion elder scrolls next or take on the very dangerous and assassin-filled streets of seattle in shadowrun (snes)

Agent Proto
08-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES - The Journey

Fun game, and I smurfing love it! :bigsmile:

Logie
08-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Replaying Chrono Trigger on the DS. I've forgotten how much I like Frog. :p

Loony BoB
08-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Back to Football Manager 2010 while I wait for FFXIV. It's so much smoother on the new PC I built :D Excellent. Returned to my old save of Nottingham Forest. Just got 3rd in the PL (2nd last season, wtf at going backwards, I'm not used to that :() and was beaten by Real Madrid in the ECL first knockout round after the group stages. Hoping for big things this season but it'll be tough... I really need to improve my defensive record. Shawcross made a big improvement last season but think it's time I brought in a heavyweight world class DC.

Nifleheim7
08-23-2010, 01:48 PM
I was playing FFII for PSP but my save file become corrupted halfway through the game so i had no option but to quit...actually this was the 2nd time it happened with FFII and the same thing happened with FFI just outside the last dungeon.:(It's my destiny to never finish these two games lol.

Anyway i'm mostly playing Demon's Souls now (damn you Maneaters:mad2: ) and Everybody's Tennis which i like a lot.

beema
08-24-2010, 06:37 AM
I'm jumping between Borderlands & Singularity on PC, FFIX on my PS3, and Mario&Luigi Superstar Saga on the DS. Out of those, only Borderlands and FFIX are of any interest. I will finish Singularity in a day and Mario & Luigi I mostly play in bed falling asleep.
Mostly I've been going through a backlog of "older" games I hadn't gotten around to until Fallout New Vegas, Brink, and a couple other games hit next year.

vinnie's mini's
08-24-2010, 05:27 PM
I've been playing lots of different ones lately.
Dragon quest IX on the DS,
Golden Sun on the GBA,
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Master Quest) - This one is really bugging me because I've got just two more heart pieces to find and I've completed the whole thing, 100% ! I just can't find them. :mad:
and The Legend of Zelda.

I'm in a similar situation as Beema, I've got quite a few games that I've owned for a while and I haven't played them much - So I'm planning on getting through some of them at the moment.

Chris
08-24-2010, 09:56 PM
I spend hours yesterday on searching for a Ledyba with the right nature in SoulSilver. Sometimes, I really loathe the person who came up with natures for the Pokémon. :D

beema
08-25-2010, 04:46 AM
Just finished Singularity, as expect. Though overall it was a very crappy game, the ending(s) was kind of nice.

Splinter Cell: Conviction will be taking its place on the playlist now

Yeargdribble
08-26-2010, 04:38 PM
I just picked up Dragon Quest IX. I'm loving it. It actually pushed me over the edge to buy a DSi XL and an extra copy of it just so that I can play with my wife. Can't wait.

Marshall Banana
08-26-2010, 05:48 PM
For a while I've been playing Final Fantasy XII! Reached Archades just this morning.

How can anyone hate this game!?

Madame Adequate
08-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Weirdly, once I finished Suikoden 2 a few days ago I started playing FFXII again.

It is proving passable for now. Not sure if want.

I Took the Red Pill
08-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Trying to learn how to not suck at Virtua Fighter 5

Logie
08-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Playing FFIV on DS again. I've missed this music! :D

Marshall Banana
08-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Weirdly, once I finished Suikoden 2 a few days ago I started playing FFXII again.

It is proving passable for now. Not sure if want.
You will keep playing it, and you will LIKE it!

Yeargdribble
08-26-2010, 10:38 PM
I find FFXII amazing as long as I'm not playing it for the story. If you just play it for all of the fun gameplay stuff it's so awesome. I love doing hunts as they become available and stuff. I can't wait until XII is available on a handheld (yeah... gonna be a while yet).

Masamunemaster
08-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Fallout 3: Felt the need to play again when I first saw new vegas coming out lol. I do need a new copy of it though...my clear plastic piece in the middle is busted

infinite undiscovery:I decided to acctually give it a shot, and since my uddy was sellin his for $10 why pass up

blue dragon:Always wanted to play this when I saw commercials for it, and its good....except some of the items and stuff are more annoying to get than in a FF game

splinter cell conviction: Everyone was saying this game was amazing, and the last one I played was 3 so Im sure I missed out on some story....but I like the whole execute system

fable 2: Just got bored killing everything without any trouble...and not even near the end of the game

L4D2:Who can put a zombie game down I mean really lol

FF7: Downloaded on my comp a while back....been inching towards the end again.....trying to do stuff I hadnt done before

FF8:Favorite FF game+psp=hours of fun:D

30sec hero: Had the demo off the PSN and saw it for $15 today so I thought I should pick it up

now if only I could stop buying games and beat all these first....I need to finish Zelda OoT:MQ.

Sometimes being a gamer is a hard choice><

Teuch
08-27-2010, 07:01 AM
i will playing final fantasy V...and i will cleared the 4 level of this game....

Wolf Kanno
08-27-2010, 08:36 AM
Taking a break from Demon's Soul for my sanity's sake and started playing Valkyrie Chronicles. The gameplay is great if a bit slow for now in the early chapters but the story is pretty lacking for my tastes.

Taking a break from the Wii to dedicate more time to my PS3 but regretfully I got a major itch to play through Xenogears again so that is my new game for now. Its a bit of a shame cause I was going to start MGS4... oh well.

On the PSP, I'm hoping to get back to work on finishing my file on Persona and FFTactics:WotL before I get a new memory stick and get some portable PS1 FF love going on, sadly my time is being used up with a second playthrough of MGS:Portable OPS (I seriously can't understand what you dislike about this game Bolivar).

On the DS, I've decided to finally try to finish Revnant Wings. I believe I'm in the last chapter and most of the plot is a blur to me but I will not start a new file cause it took me two years to get to this point. I'm hoping to also finish the last chapter of Phoenix Wright and start work on Devil Survivor before moving on to DQIV and Rhapsody.

But mostly its Xenogears. :cool:

Masamunemaster
08-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Taking a break from Demon's Soul for my sanity's sake and started playing Valkyrie Chronicles. The gameplay is great if a bit slow for now in the early chapters but the story is pretty lacking for my tastes.

Taking a break from the Wii to dedicate more time to my PS3 but regretfully I got a major itch to play through Xenogears again so that is my new game for now. Its a bit of a shame cause I was going to start MGS4... oh well.

On the PSP, I'm hoping to get back to work on finishing my file on Persona and FFTactics:WotL before I get a new memory stick and get some portable PS1 FF love going on, sadly my time is being used up with a second playthrough of MGS:Portable OPS (I seriously can't understand what you dislike about this game Bolivar).

On the DS, I've decided to finally try to finish Revnant Wings. I believe I'm in the last chapter and most of the plot is a blur to me but I will not start a new file cause it took me two years to get to this point. I'm hoping to also finish the last chapter of Phoenix Wright and start work on Devil Survivor before moving on to DQIV and Rhapsody.

xenogears......ahh the days....also makes me wanna find brave fencer musashi><

beema
08-29-2010, 07:00 PM
For a while I've been playing Final Fantasy XII! Reached Archades just this morning.

I actually bought XII a while ago and still have yet to play it. I'm working my way through all the FF's sequentially (I'm ocd like that). At the end of IX right now, and I'm pretty sure I will skip X2 (and XI, obviously). I've heard so much trash talk about XII though, glad to hear somebody likes it.

Fallout 3: Felt the need to play again when I first saw new vegas coming out lol. I do need a new copy of it though...my clear plastic piece in the middle is busted

I'm on the fence about pre-ordering New Vegas. 3 was one of my favorite games of the past 3 years. If I wait a couple months though, I can probably get NV from my friend at Bethesda for a discount.

splinter cell conviction: Everyone was saying this game was amazing, and the last one I played was 3 so Im sure I missed out on some story....but I like the whole execute system

I just started playing it and I already like it a lot more than the previous installments. I skipped over Double Agent though (couldn't get it to work on my computer). I honestly don't think missing a part of the story matters all that much, it's a pretty thin plot anyways (you = good guy, mission = kill terrorists plotting to blow up :bou::bou::bou::bou:). Conviction continues off of story elements form previous games but they are all explained within the game so it doesn't matter much.

I actually put this down for a while just cause I had so many other things I wanted to play. I still haven't scratched the surface of the achievements though, so whats ur steam iD?

FF7: Downloaded on my comp a while back....been inching towards the end again.....trying to do stuff I hadnt done before

I played this on my PC too a couple years ago (for the first time). The most painful thing was the resolution... :cry:

FF8 is on PSP? I started it on PC but I'm thinking of just buying it off PSN (and once again suffering with resolution).
[/QUOTE]

Its a bit of a shame cause I was going to start MGS4... oh well.
Another game that I bought a while back and has been sitting on my shelf due to my desire to play through the previous installments first. I got stuck on a boss towards the end of MGS3 and I refuse to play MGS4 until I finish that :mad2:

Anybody know where I can buy this game, you know, for less than $140?

I'm *this close* to finishing Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Jesus christ I cannot wait to be through with it. Most tedious, dull game ever. I'm only still playing it because of my compulsion to finish games I start. After I'm done I'm going to take it outside with a hammer and take a video of myself smashing it to bits. Unless somebody wants to buy it.

Madame Adequate
08-29-2010, 07:08 PM

I actually bought XII a while ago and still have yet to play it. I'm working my way through all the FF's sequentially (I'm ocd like that). At the end of IX right now, and I'm pretty sure I will skip X2 (and XI, obviously). I've heard so much trash talk about XII though, glad to hear somebody likes it.

:Oo: You be tripping some balls son, X-2 is awesome.

Masamunemaster
08-29-2010, 10:21 PM

I'm on the fence about pre-ordering New Vegas. 3 was one of my favorite games of the past 3 years. If I wait a couple months though, I can probably get NV from my friend at Bethesda for a discount.

I just started playing it and I already like it a lot more than the previous installments. I skipped over Double Agent though (couldn't get it to work on my computer). I honestly don't think missing a part of the story matters all that much, it's a pretty thin plot anyways (you = good guy, mission = kill terrorists plotting to blow up :bou::bou::bou::bou:). Conviction continues off of story elements form previous games but they are all explained within the game so it doesn't matter much.

I actually put this down for a while just cause I had so many other things I wanted to play. I still haven't scratched the surface of the achievements though, so whats ur steam iD?

I played this on my PC too a couple years ago (for the first time). The most painful thing was the resolution... :cry:

FF8 is on PSP? I started it on PC but I'm thinking of just buying it off PSN (and once again suffering with resolution).

I preordered NV cause I had a lil extra money, and of course I went with the collectors edition for the poker set><

I know SC is simple like that....but I wanna know more about the whole "tricked to kill his best friend" things they kept saying

For now I dont do any kind of xbox live or stream stuff.....Im waiting til I get moved out and have better internet

Did you download the Pc version with the updates of FF7?

If you do get FF8 of the PSN, well any of them, Get it on PSP.....its the same graphichs, but where its smaller it appears better if that makes sense

beema
08-29-2010, 10:50 PM
I preordered NV cause I had a lil extra money, and of course I went with the collectors edition for the poker set><

I know SC is simple like that....but I wanna know more about the whole "tricked to kill his best friend" things they kept saying

For now I dont do any kind of xbox live or stream stuff.....Im waiting til I get moved out and have better internet

If you do get FF8 of the PSN, well any of them, Get it on PSP.....its the same graphichs, but where its smaller it appears better if that makes sense

oh yeah the collectors edition looks pretty cool. not too much more expensive either.

I think the wikipedia entry on Double Agent will probably give you as much as you need. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent - The Splinter Cell Wiki - Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell Conviction, Splinter Cell Double Agent, and more! (http://splintercell.wikia.com/wiki/Tom_Clancy%27s_Splinter_Cell:_Double_Agent)

yeah I got the PC version of FF7. What was extra in it? I never played the original for PS so I probably wouldn't have noticed.

I would get it for PSP if I could -- but I don't have a PSP :(
I have one of the old model PS3's that does halfway decent "smoothing" of PS1 and 2 graphics though. Still, on a big TV it sux. Maybe I could temporarily plug it in to this small CRT tv we have. I might just get it on Discs too, it's not much more expensive.

Masamunemaster
08-30-2010, 04:13 AM

oh yeah the collectors edition looks pretty cool. not too much more expensive either.

I think the wikipedia entry on Double Agent will probably give you as much as you need. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent - The Splinter Cell Wiki - Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell Conviction, Splinter Cell Double Agent, and more! (http://splintercell.wikia.com/wiki/Tom_Clancy%27s_Splinter_Cell:_Double_Agent)

yeah I got the PC version of FF7. What was extra in it? I never played the original for PS so I probably wouldn't have noticed.

I would get it for PSP if I could -- but I don't have a PSP :(
I have one of the old model PS3's that does halfway decent "smoothing" of PS1 and 2 graphics though. Still, on a big TV it sux. Maybe I could temporarily plug it in to this small CRT tv we have. I might just get it on Discs too, it's not much more expensive.

from what Ive seen the sprites are a little different, and it seems to run a little better than the ps version.....get a PSP3k from gamestop or a trade store for cheap....its deffinatly worth it

DMKA
08-30-2010, 04:53 AM
I just finished Darksiders a few hours ago. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the game, and how much I want a sequel now, and am wondering why I heard virtually nothing about it and ended up just playing it out of curiosity. Probably because it was released the same day as Bayonetta which was hyped to hell and back.

Now I don't know what to play. I can't think of any other action games out there right now. Dante's Inferno? I may just be that desperate.

beema
08-30-2010, 03:05 PM
I just finished Darksiders a few hours ago. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the game, and how much I want a sequel now, and am wondering why I heard virtually nothing about it and ended up just playing it out of curiosity. Probably because it was released the same day as Bayonetta which was hyped to hell and back.

Now I don't know what to play. I can't think of any other action games out there right now. Dante's Inferno? I may just be that desperate.

I only played the Darksiders demo, but I found it much more enjoyable than either the Dantes Inferno one or the Bayonetta one, both with came out around the same time (aka the month of God of War clones). I definitely think it was maligned by a poor release window.

You could always wait a bit (like one month) until Castlevania Lords of Shadow comes out.

Kyros
08-31-2010, 12:26 AM
atm I'm playing shining force II. I'm working on a file on the hardest difficulty (ouch) without ever having anyone die. For those of you familiar with the game I'm at the part where Frayja opens Moun. Most of the battles haven't been too bad, but now the enemies are hitting pretty hard so I have to be really careful.

evernic
08-31-2010, 02:33 AM
Final Fantasy IX

JKTrix
08-31-2010, 01:53 PM
DQ9 continues to be a once-in-a-while thing (game's good, didn't answer before when someone asked).

Ys Seven, Starcraft 2 and Another Century's Episode R are my current main plays, although Metroid Other M and Valkyria Chronicles 2 both come out today...

Polnareff
08-31-2010, 11:29 PM
Onimusha 3. I played Dead Rising: Case Zero most of the day to get the achievements/see the new weapons/level up.

Bad Wolf
09-01-2010, 02:16 AM
I have been playing Dragon Age: Origins a lot, and basking in the awesomeness that is Alistair. :love:

Proxy
09-04-2010, 04:50 AM
PaganRO. A private Ragnarok Online server. Someone...please come play with me. I'm so freaking bored on that server.

Kyros
09-04-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm starting over on Shining Force II when I was 80-90% done on a no death playthrough on the hardest difficulty b/c my wiimote died, and when I turned it back on I accidentally hit over on the controller too w/o realizing it and hit delete instead of continue >.> Pretty mad atm

Shattered Dreamer
09-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Picked up a pre owned copy of Prototype during the week not bad at all. Story makes little or no sense but the gameplay is pure mindless fun :bigsmile:

Proxy
09-06-2010, 03:18 AM
Picked up a pre owned copy of Prototype during the week not bad at all. Story makes little or no sense but the gameplay is pure mindless fun :bigsmile:

i second this. the violence is just amazing, but as you said the story is pretty weak.

candymore
09-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Final Fantasy V

Loony BoB
09-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Final Fantasy XIV Open Beta. It's actually really fun, despite the various little problems here and there - the biggest being the UI lag. But Danielle and I have enjoyed ourselves a lot so far, which is nice to say when it's still three weeks 'til launch.

Shattered Dreamer
09-12-2010, 06:51 PM

i second this. the violence is just amazing, but as you said the story is pretty weak.

I'm nearing the end of the game & I have to say it's in the top 5 most intense gaming experiences I've ever had :bigsmile:

Clo
09-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Final Fantasy XIII, sort of.

Pheesh
09-12-2010, 07:12 PM
World of Warcraft

/shame

Laddy
09-12-2010, 07:17 PM
I've been tearing through Chrono Cross lately.

Nifleheim7
09-13-2010, 03:25 AM
Demon's Souls and FFIII DS.

Marshall Banana
09-13-2010, 03:45 AM
I'm still playing FFXII.

Ashe wields Excalibur!

Logie
09-13-2010, 03:51 AM
FFIX. I'm appreciating it a lot more in this second playthrough. :D

NeoCracker
09-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Here soon I'm going to be starting on Penny Arcade: The Rainslick Precipice of Darkness Episode 2.

|-THE redmage-|
09-13-2010, 08:15 PM
FFXIII, attempting to max out crystariums.

Seraphic
09-17-2010, 11:59 PM
FFXIII
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Super Street Fighter IV

NorthernChaosGod
09-18-2010, 12:24 AM
REACH.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-18-2010, 12:56 AM
Birth by Sleep.

vinnie's mini's
09-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Birth by Sleep for me too! Before that I was on a huge Zelda binge, and I'll probably return to that once I've finished this new one.

Mo-Nercy
09-23-2010, 03:05 PM
F1 2010

Best Formula One game ever.

escobert
09-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Left 4 Dead 2 and Team Fortress 2!

Loony BoB
09-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Final Fantasy XIV and loving it. :D

Also, finally finished Final Fantasy XII on Tuesday night. Yay me.

Depression Moon
09-23-2010, 07:31 PM
I've just been playing the demo of Arkham Asylum over and over. I wish I had some net so I could play SSF4, U2, or even TF2. I'm getting sick of the demo now.

Bolivar
09-23-2010, 09:04 PM
me and my girlfriend are celebrating getting back together by picking up where we left off... IN OUR DIABLO II CAMPAIGN!!!

DMKA
09-25-2010, 05:22 AM
I'm playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma now and it's like, ripping-my-hair-out difficult.

Loony BoB
01-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Bump!

I just finished playing Final Fantasy V and have got a bunch of new games to pick from now. I watched Danielle try Batman: Arkham Asylum last night and messed about for a minute or two while she was checking the oven, however haven't yet played any of them properly. The choices are pretty vast... I borrowed Batman from my mate, while Halo: Reach, Bayonetta and Splinter Cell: Conviction were all obtained via GAME. Meanwhile I'm just waiting on a memory card so I can start playing on my PSP - I have Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters and Killzone: Liberation (Danielle got all three along with the PSP for me for Christmas :love:</>) and I'll also have FFVII & FFIX (and probably eventually FFVIII) via PSN. We also still have Lost Planet 2 (borrowed) and Resident Evil 5 (purchased) which we've yet to get far into, and I have a Far Cry 2 save which I'm a little tired of after every mission ended up pretty much the same but still might jump back on just to finish off the storyline.

So much to play! This should easily get me through to March when my next batch of must-buy games come out. :) I think we'll start with Halo: Reach and Batman: Arkham Asylum, though.

Oh, and I've also purchased and played a lot of Hamster Ball with Danielle, which is absolutely mental but brilliantly fun. The only downside is that you have to finish one level in a certain amount of time to unlock the next one, and the Neon level is a nightmare. I can barely finish it on time trial within three minutes, and I have to do it in less than that? Urgh, no thanks! :( Maybe I'll start again someday and have another go from the start to see if I can get more time available to me, but it's unlikely. That game just got too hard, too fast!

Shiny
01-07-2011, 03:02 AM
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and played Resident Evil 5 with my cousin a few days ago. I'm surgical with the shotgun.

Freya
01-07-2011, 03:42 AM
I'm trying Lost Odyssey, we'll see how it goes. Seems very JRPGish and seeing as how well FF yah I might like it!

escobert
01-07-2011, 05:36 AM
Black Ops on PC, enough said!

Pete for President
01-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Currently going through the entire MGS series on consoles. Just finished MGS2, and started on MGS3 for the first time since 2006 my save file says. Fun times.

NorthernChaosGod
01-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Halo: Reach (constantly)
Banjo-Kazooie
Chrono Cross

Depends on my mood.

escobert
01-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Also, I've been playing a little Cities XL now and again. But mainly just black ops. I'm a beast on Villa with the AK47!

Dreddz
01-08-2011, 10:29 PM
I just bought Red Faction Guerilla off the PSN by accident so I guess Ill be playing that soon. Also bought Dead Nation which is thoroughly average.....and surprisingly difficult. Still find myself going back to Need For Speed Hot Pursuit alot. What a cool game.

Depression Moon
01-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Mario at the moment.

Madame Adequate
01-09-2011, 06:19 AM
World of Warcraft. Started playing again about a week before Christmas, am now level 76.
Civilization 4: Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn.
Civilization 4: Fall from Heaven 2.
Aurora.
Finished up Plants vs. Zombies except for a couple of irritating levels and growing all the zen garden.

Del Murder
01-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Donkey Kong Country Returns - beautiful game. Just goes to show you can still have entertaining, innovative, 2D platforming fun in this era. It's a complete throwback to the old DKC games which were some of the best for SNES. And the difficulty is ramped up a bit so that it's not just a breeze like DK64 was. I've spent 20+ lives on a single level, but fortunately lives (and bananas) are easy to come by.

There are some crazy levels, like the standard mine cart hopping, but also new things like levels with tidal waves wiping everything off the screen every 5 seconds. The interaction with the background is superb. My favorite level is the one where you can only see your shadowy silhouette against a beautiful sunset. It's gorgeous.

Meat Puppet
01-09-2011, 07:40 AM
My friend gifted me Mafia 2 because it was on sale for like, 5 bucks on Steam. I clocked it already, but it was pretty fun, even if the story got kinda weak and the voice acting was dull in a few places. I wouldn't say it would be worth spending full price on the game, but it might be worth renting if you're bored or something.

Anyway, back to TF2

kotora
01-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Right now playing Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. It's basically AC2 with some minor improvements, but nothing really exciting. It's still interesting enough to play though.

Also playing a bit of GT5 but that game kinda pisses me off in some ways.

On Steam I occasionally play The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom because it was only like 50 cent (lol) in the christmas sales. It kinda reminds me of Braid.

Seraphic
01-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Donkey Kong Country Returns - beautiful game. Just goes to show you can still have entertaining, innovative, 2D platforming fun in this era. It's a complete throwback to the old DKC games which were some of the best for SNES. And the difficulty is ramped up a bit so that it's not just a breeze like DK64 was. I've spent 20+ lives on a single level, but fortunately lives (and bananas) are easy to come by.

There are some crazy levels, like the standard mine cart hopping, but also new things like levels with tidal waves wiping everything off the screen every 5 seconds. The interaction with the background is superb. My favorite level is the one where you can only see your shadowy silhouette against a beautiful sunset. It's gorgeous.

I agree with this so much!
Right down to the music, this game recaptured the magic of the old Donkey Kong games while still being new and like you said really,really hard.
Especially towards the end, me and my brother lost like 30 lives including the ones we picked up on the way on just one level XD.
Trying to play it again to get everything.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-09-2011, 06:53 PM
I just beat the first Uncharted (not bad, the direction Tomb Raider should have gone), and killzone 2.

I'm currently sucking ass at Super Street Fighter 4, and started playing Gran Turismo 5. I love Cammy, but I suck with her nowadays. I hate how you have to go through your license test every new gran turismo. Boring.

Wolf Kanno
01-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Quite a few games actually...

PSP:
Dissidia - Mostly farming for end game equipment
FFVII - Picked it up on PSN and just having fun playing the old game on the go.

DS:
FFVI Advanced - Two files, one I'm grinding everyone to lv.99 cause I've never done it before. The other is a more legitimate file, but its unique cause I'm trying to rush through the story so my party is a bit underleveled (or is it the right level? ) so I'm having a blast playing a semi-difficult version of the game.

PS2:
FFXII - Finally started that second playthrough I've been talking about for four years now. :roll2 Been having a blast and rediscovering crap I had completely forgotten about. Screw the naysayers, this game is gold.

PS3:
I've been neglecting the system for a while now. My Wii is on hold until I get a few of these games under my belt.

Mirror's Edge - I'm very surprised how much I like this game, though I have to agree with Tycho Brahe from Penny Arcade that combat is the game's biggest weakness, it just doesn't mesh well with everything else in the title and I feel running is more fun than being forced to take out X amount of guards to proceed. Hopefully they will fix this in a sequel.

Demon's Souls - Stopped playing due to minor frustration and other crap irl coming up, so I picked it up again with the intent of finally beating it. I'm having a blast and I must commend the creator's cause they are right when they say the grueling difficulty creates a bigger sense of accomplishment than anything else.

Street Fighter IV - Couldn't find a cheap used copy of SSFIV so I settled with the original just to get the feel of the series. I could never get into BlazeBlue so SFIV is giving me a good taste of 2D fighting love. Even if the game feels archaic and incredibly slow. I've been spoiled in the last fifteen years since SFII so going "back to basics" is kinda a lesson of unlearning everything SFA, SFIII, and GGX has taught me. Online play has been fun, even if I am still a noob.

White Knight Chronicles - I was really skeptical about this game up until I discovered the combo system... It may be limited but good god is it fun to use. I've barely started the story cause I spending more of my time doing quests just so I can play with the combo system and power level. The character creation system is okay but I was more annoyed with them being relegated to nobody silent support character. If I had known this, I would have named my character Gogo or Kimarhi... The plot is very reminiscent of Vision of Escaflowne.

Little Big Planet - Yeah, I know the sequel is almost here but I've been having fun playing the original. Not very far into it yet. It's adorable though...

Agent Proto
01-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Been playing the new Goldeneye 007 for the Wii. The story and gameplay is quite different from the original, as expected, but I am enjoying it so far! Haven't had the chance to try out the multiplayer though, but once my brothers come over to play, I'll get to that. Somehow I like playing FPS on the Wii as it feels more natural than playing on a standard controller.

Shoeberto
01-10-2011, 03:24 AM
Mass Effect 2

Dear god I haven't been this hooked on a game in a long time.

Inferno
01-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Finished Red Dead Redemption 2 weeks ago. Awesome

Now I'll be finishing Bayonnetta real soon

asukaevaunit02
01-11-2011, 05:35 AM
Finished Enslaved last week, that was really enjoyable.

Started played a lot of Dragon Ball: Raging Blast again, having fun with that customizing and collecting the few remaining items and attacks.

Will get back to Uncharted soon.

G13
01-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Dragon Age: Origins and I hate it. I don't really know why either, I loved KotOR and Mass Effect. :-/

kotora
01-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Probably because it feels like nothing but a medieval fantasy theme mod for either games