PDA

View Full Version : Narshe: Best City Ever

Chris
06-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Let me me just indulge in my love for Narshe for a second. Is is strangely abnormal to get the chills (no pun intended) whenever I enter the city of Narshe? There's just something about the glorious city that makes me feel an eternal calm inside. I remember the first time I played the game, and how I got the chills when I saw Terra heading towards the city in her Magitek Armour.

This thread is about Narshe. :D

http://i48.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/10i6rti.png

Loony BoB
06-01-2010, 01:32 PM
It never appealed to me, but then, steampunk isn't my thing. I prefer more vibrant cities.

VeloZer0
06-01-2010, 03:53 PM
When I first saw it I was impressed by how imaginative it felt. After so many stereotypical castles and hamlets in games it was something that caught my attention.

Clo
06-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Narshe is the city from the beginning? It seemed somewhat typical as far as first towns go, meaning you hardly spend much time in it. But that opening sequence is very, very gorgeous for its time, I think.

Crossblades
06-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Narshe is awesome during the world of balance. But by the world of ruin, I was disappointed that it became infested with monsters :(

The Man
06-01-2010, 08:05 PM
That's pretty typical of the world of ruin really. Everything goes to :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Narshe was a pretty cool first town. I liked the music a lot.

Crossblades
06-01-2010, 08:40 PM
That's pretty typical of the world of ruin really. Everything goes to :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

If that was the case, all the towns would've been run by beasts. Narshe was the only one

blackmage_nuke
06-01-2010, 08:43 PM
The town looked awesome when they were marching towards it in the opening but I dont think i was too impressed by the town itself except for the music.

The Man
06-01-2010, 10:02 PM
If that was the case, all the towns would've been run by beasts. Narshe was the only one
Just because the other towns aren't overrun by beasts doesn't mean they're not severely damaged. Narshe was just the only town where all the inhabitants died.

theundeadhero
06-02-2010, 05:07 AM
It's pretty awesome but I like Zozo better.

blackmage_nuke
06-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Just because the other towns aren't overrun by beasts doesn't mean they're not severely damaged. Narshe was just the only town where all the inhabitants died.

Except Jidoor, everyone knows those inhabitants were already dead inside.

silentenigma
06-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I can appreciate this thread. The town, along with the song "The Mines of Narshe" set the tone for the whole game for me. Very nostalgic.

Hot Shot
06-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Narshe seems like a nice place to settle down in and start a family. Not too much noise or people , just a nice cosy mining town.

TaylorS
04-07-2012, 06:06 AM
Narshe really shows off the steampunk feel of the game very well. And Narshe's soldiers look like those early 20th century British colonial soldiers with the khaki and big canvas-covered helmet.

espritduo
04-07-2012, 06:41 AM

Narshe was a pretty cool first town. I liked the music a lot.

Old post on an old thread, I know, but I just have to point out the idea of "everything going to Umaro" is hilarious. And the censorship actually works, because Narshe did sort of go to Umaro in the WoR.

Greatermaximus
04-10-2012, 09:18 PM
The introductory city has to be. The citizens of the local government at least had the school keep its promise by being there even if the world should crumble.

I won't verify if Narshe is the best city in FFVI because it's merely a difference of opinion. Small spoiling is that entering Narshe more than once is mandatory to complete the game.