PDA

View Full Version : Samsung moment

Masamunemaster
06-02-2010, 12:02 AM
I am due for an upgrade, and my friend at work told me I should wait for the "Android phone". I thought the android was just a form of software(dont keep up with phones as much as I should) and he kept saying it is a phone itself.

I BING'd it and the Samsung Moment showed up, which I had already planned to get due to some of its features.

I guess what I am getting at is: Is the Android a phone or not, and if not will the Moment have it...or will it have it in the future

Rye
06-02-2010, 12:06 AM
The Android IS a phone. It's supposed to be similar to the iPhone, it's an application 3G smart phone type deal.

Aerith's Knight
06-02-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm getting a HTC desire.

An android phone.

Android is an OS developed by google, not a phone.

Miriel
06-02-2010, 12:09 AM
You bing'd it? You actually use bing? Wowza.

Android is an operating system for smart phones that's run by Google. Your friend probably meant that you should get the Droid which is a phone that uses Android for its OS. I know a couple people who have switched over to the Droid from iPhone and they love it.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Android is an OS developed by google, not a phone.

Android is an operating system for smart phones that's run by Google. Your friend probably meant that you should get the Droid which is a phone that uses Android for its OS. I know a couple people who have switched over to the Droid from iPhone and they love it.

This.

I have the Motorola Milestone, known as the Droid in USA. It is a pretty awesome phone. :D

NorthernChaosGod
06-02-2010, 12:53 AM
Yeah, he probably means the Droid, if anything. Otherwise Android is just an OS that certain phones use.

I want a Droid, but I fucking hate Verizon.

Mo-Nercy
06-02-2010, 12:56 AM
I've heard nothing but good things about it as well (Android the OS). I haven't looked too much into it myself because I'm still locked into a contract for another year or so. I'm still on Windows Mobile 6.1 (with a Samsung Omnia) and it's pretty painful to put up with at times.

On a side note, I've heard Bing stands for Because It's Not Google.

rubah
06-02-2010, 03:08 AM
I think the Droid would cost much more (upfront and monthly service plan). I don't know what kind of service plan you use (or even what provider you use!), but I wouldn't care for it myself.

Hythloday
06-02-2010, 03:45 AM
Android OS is an mobile operating system (software, like Windows or OS X) made by Google.

Droid is a phone. Yeah, I know, that's pretty confusing.

Masamunemaster
06-02-2010, 05:00 AM
Yea I think the droid would be good, but as mo-nercy said i'm also stuck with sprint for a while but I may just upgrade a phone...I understood not long after getting it why it was called the rant. Has anyone heard any good(not net..real life) reviews about the Moment?

Ohhhhhh and he also said something like sprint may be getting the equivalent(sp?) of the iPhone and droid....but idk about that...sprint doesnt seem to like their customers lol

Fonzie
06-02-2010, 05:19 AM
Get the Incredible my friend, it's an amazing phone!

Baloki
06-02-2010, 08:37 AM
I've heard nothing but good things about it as well (Android the OS). I haven't looked too much into it myself because I'm still locked into a contract for another year or so. I'm still on Windows Mobile 6.1 (with a Samsung Omnia) and it's pretty painful to put up with at times.

On a side note, I've heard Bing stands for Because It's Not Google.

I've got the Omnia II with 6.5 and it's much more stable and nicer built, but I do kindda like WInMob ^^;;;

Masamunemaster
06-03-2010, 07:07 AM
All I can say is NEVER GET A RANT...trust me, you will....well rant. Ive had this phone near a year now and after the first month I wanted to snap it in half. I still just dont know what phone I want next....last time I chose myself I got this P.O.S. haha