PDA

View Full Version : I wanna retire. RIGHT NOW :aimmad:

Peegee
06-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Hey kids. I want to retire. It sounds like fun. Unemployment and government sponsored initiatives to give me money at the expense of children's livelihood (it is supposed to work out because everybody gets some, but that's not the debate today!)

I asked my mother what she plans to do when she retires, and without getting to much into it, she would travel a little but mostly do community work because grandmother(s) are still alive and they [parents] can't leave them alone to gallivant around the planet.

I dunno about that but anyway, I wanna retire too! I would travel around and bug people and overstay my welcome. Or I'll find ways to work for food/board, probably overseas and for charities or other such things. The only problem is that they're probably all Christian and I'd prefer to not be affiliated with them. Off topic: anybody know any secular charities that do volunteer work overseas?

What would you do if you were to retire RIGHT NAO? Woud life be epicly boring since you don't get to waste 45 years of it stuck in the 9-5 rut paying off mortgages?

Which leads me to another off topic - I define retiring when you don't have any debt. Debt = meaning in life. Without debt you're free and not a functional member of society since you aren't dependent on work [the subtle claim is we make too much money that without debt it would be excessive]. IOW when work is optional you are free. Blah blah ignore this paragraph

Let's all retire and go on welfare!

Breine
06-02-2010, 07:53 PM
I'd travel the world constantly.

rubah
06-02-2010, 08:06 PM
I would be so good at reading the internet!

Hot Shot
06-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I'd travel the world and see lots of sporting and music events.

~*~Celes~*~
06-02-2010, 09:59 PM
I would travel :D though I doubt I'll seriously be able to when I retire cause I'm sure the economy won't be much better off

Christmas
06-02-2010, 11:04 PM
I will still probably work part time even if I had retired! :bigsmile:

It allows me to make more friends and utilize my brain more. :bigsmile:

NorthernChaosGod
06-03-2010, 03:00 AM
If I retired right now, I'd probably find myself a nice little part time job at some electronics or video game place to get sweet discounts.

That and just keep fit and do lots of fun :bou::bou::bou::bou: that I haven't done.

Jiro
06-03-2010, 04:51 AM
I plan on doing stuff that can still make me money.

qwertysaur
06-03-2010, 04:54 AM
I'll tutor little boys and girls in Math and then play video games or something :p

oddler
06-03-2010, 05:10 AM
Which leads me to another off topic - I define retiring when you don't have any debt. Debt = meaning in life. Without debt you're free and not a functional member of society since you aren't dependent on work [the subtle claim is we make too much money that without debt it would be excessive]. IOW when work is optional you are free. Blah blah ignore this paragraph

Blah blah, nothing. That's the way I look at it! We're working to be debt free in less than 10 years and still have two thirds of our lives ahead of us. Big incentives for doing this quickly and getting it out of the way are to save money earlier, to stop wasting it on interest, and to preemptively flee the work game. Woot!

Clo
06-03-2010, 05:12 AM
If I could retire from a pointless job that has no benefits to society in order to partake in meaninful activism, then I would be gold.

Chris
06-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Luckily, I have a job I do not feel constrained by. I can honestly say that I am at a point in my life where I am content with almost everything I have going. :p

Shorty
06-03-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm happy with my job as well. I don't work in a pit of despair that sucks my soul away, and I make a decent paycheck.

I think the idea is that we all are just working to get to a place when we don't have to work any longer, but I think I'd miss working in some way if I couldn't do it anymore.

To answer the question, though, I'd probably try to buy a house on the lake in Coeur d'Alene, or on the Oregon coast. Someplace close to civilization, but noth smack in the middle of a city. I'm sure I'll travel, too, but I'm not waiting until I retire to visit all of the places I want. Forty years is much too long for that.

Christmas
03-23-2022, 12:09 PM
I will still probably work part time even if I had retired! :bigsmile:

It allows me to make more friends and utilize my brain more. :bigsmile:

FUCK THIS BITCH. NO WORK AFTER RETIREMENT. NO WORK. NO WORK.

Quindiana Jones
03-24-2022, 04:09 PM
I plan to retire from work work life in 2026. I'll buy some land in New Brunswick and start a little homestead for myself. :)

Dr. Acula
03-25-2022, 01:34 AM
I'm a millennial, I'm never going to be able to retire. :spin:

Christmas
03-25-2022, 01:56 AM
You just need to give those gurus on Youtube 5 minutes of your time!! They doubled my egg counts!! :kaoclove:

Royal Washington
04-01-2022, 11:01 AM
My goal is to make the lives of loved ones as happy as possible. At the moment, my strategic goal is to find a good and high-paying job. On the site https://resumeedge.com/blog/how-to-include-a-referral-in-your-cover-letter I read information on how to include a recommendation in the cover letter. I hope this will help me to make a quality letter of recommendation.