PDA

View Full Version : Funny FFVI reference

Future Esthar
06-03-2010, 01:24 AM
You have three guesses to find out where.

Hint1:Very important to the storyline of FFVI.

Brennan
06-03-2010, 03:27 AM
All I can think of now is that the planet falling to destroy the other or the transition of the world of Balance to the World of Ruin when going from Cocoon to Pulse

DarkOrigins
06-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Hmm, first I thought Palomporom but that's FFIV...

I can't think of anything from FFVI

ChickenHeart
06-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Urm...Cid?...;)

Shin Gouken
06-06-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm going to steer this off topic and direct away from the over-rated VI and toward the far superior FFV :cool:

The trophies Kelger's Cup, Xezat's Chalice, Dorgann's Trophy and Galuf's Grail are tributes to FFV's dawn warriors Kelga, Xezat, Dorgann and of course Galuf... BOOOOOOOOOOOM!

DarkOrigins
06-06-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm going to steer this off topic and direct away from the over-rated VI and toward the far superior FFV :cool:

The trophies Kelger's Cup, Xezat's Chalice, Dorgann's Trophy and Galuf's Grail are tributes to FFV's dawn warriors Kelga, Xezat, Dorgann and of course Galuf... BOOOOOOOOOOOM!

FFV was only superior for it's Job System. Other than that FFVI outranks it in every category.

Shin Gouken
06-06-2010, 08:29 PM

FFV was only superior for it's Job System. Other than that FFVI outranks it in every category.

I was joking. Where FFV is personally my second favorite FF, i'm aware that FFVI is generally the more loved. Though i didn't think much of VI tbh

DarkOrigins
06-06-2010, 08:41 PM

I was joking. Where FFV is personally my second favorite FF, i'm aware that FFVI is generally the more loved. Though i didn't think much of VI tbh

What is your favourite? Please say FFIII or IV and not VII.

Shin Gouken
06-06-2010, 08:58 PM

XII actually :D

Go easy, you asked after all :p

DarkOrigins
06-06-2010, 09:04 PM

XII actually :D

Go easy, you asked after all :p

Surprisingly I like that one too, I can't understand why it's so hated. Apart from Vaan.

Shin Gouken
06-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Surprisingly I like that one too, I can't understand why it's so hated. Apart from Vaan.

Vaan didn't annoy me at all, but even if he had of annoyed me, he's still a massive improvement over Tidus and is far from annoying as hope.

We're goin off topic... best say something relevant... Bahamut was in FFVI... there that'll do it :cool:

DarkOrigins
06-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Vaan didn't annoy me at all, but even if he had of annoyed me, he's still a massive improvement over Tidus and is far from annoying as hope.

We're goin off topic... best say something relevant... Bahamut was in FFVI... there that'll do it :cool:

Great one o.o

Uhh, I have a feeling it has to do with a Fal'Cie of some sort

Shin Gouken
06-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Great one o.o

Kefka was a Fal'cie!!!

...wait :freak:

DarkOrigins
06-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Great one o.o

Kefka was a Fal'cie!!!

...wait :freak:

Yeah. You run with that one

Future Esthar
06-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Sorry for making you all wait.

the transition of the world of Balance to the World of Ruin

That was close and will be hint number two.

Brennan
06-08-2010, 03:31 AM
I doubt that someone would come in here and not expect spoilers at this point, so unmarked they go.

Unless it has something to do with the characters being typical people (world of balance) to having their lives destroyed by becoming l'Cie (world of ruin), then I can't think of anything else atm.

Or the planet falling would ruin the world.

Mo-Nercy
06-08-2010, 05:39 AM
Is it 'ha-ha' funny or funny peculiar?

Beowulf
06-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I want to say what everyone else is, with the whole world of balance/world of ruin/etc similarities.

Lexy
06-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Is it an intentional direct reference or just something that could be interpreted as a reference to VI?! I can't think of anything.

Future Esthar
06-11-2010, 07:19 PM
I donīt know.I am not on the creators minds.I just know itīs there.

Final hint:

It is a reference near the end of FFXIII to something at the middle of FFVI.

Brennan
06-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Fang and Vanille are kinda like Celes and Terra? Or the monsters disappear like the espers at the end of 6? Or the eidolons basically disappearing due to the fact that the main characters aren't l'Cie?

Future Esthar
06-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Itīs so simple and fundamental to the storyline of FFVI that I wondered how people didnīt noticed it already.

DarkOrigins
06-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Arghh, tell us already!

Lexy
06-13-2010, 02:55 AM
I second that, I can't take it anymore!!:choc:

sir helix
06-13-2010, 04:21 AM
[off topic] lexy ur avatar realy expresses that post.

[on topic] havnt the foggiest havnt played 13 yet, kinda lost faith after 12, but theni think of how 8 sucked and then came 9 (Helix has drifted off to dream land)

DarkOrigins
06-13-2010, 03:19 PM
[off topic] lexy ur avatar realy expresses that post.

[on topic] havnt the foggiest havnt played 13 yet, kinda lost faith after 12, but theni think of how 8 sucked and then came 9 (Helix has drifted off to dream land)

Dont play 13. Just don't.

Future Esthar
06-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Itīs simple.
On the beggining of chapter 13 three statues are "moved" making the entire place crumbling and turning into another dimension.

Case closed.

Hambone
06-17-2010, 12:50 AM
MMMM, Ba-Zing! Another great discovery from FE. :bigsmile:

Lexy
06-17-2010, 04:11 AM
I thought they looked familiar.....

DarkOrigins
06-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Oh yeah, the Eden fal'Cie statues...

Future Esthar
06-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Exactly.

Brennan
06-18-2010, 04:24 AM
Wow, how did you remember that part?

Future Esthar
06-18-2010, 07:51 PM
The three statues are CRUCIAL to FFVI.
Actually I am surprised no one remembered it since it has many fans.

Lexy
06-19-2010, 01:03 AM
I did think of the resemblance while watching my bf beat the game, but I thought it was a bit superficial so I didn't think that it was the reference you were talking about. :D

Future Esthar
06-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Of course.On FFXIII it SEEMS superficial.Itīs not given the same importance as in FFVI.

champagne supernova
06-19-2010, 09:58 PM
There are a lot of subtle references to previous FF games littered through XIII.

Future Esthar
06-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Agreed.
I suspect the higher the FF number the more will we see references to previous ones.

DarkOrigins
06-22-2010, 12:39 PM
It's the only reason why the old FFers buy the new FF's, to see the references. I for one shouted with glee when I saw the name of Palomporom.