PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2

asukaevaunit02
06-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Just wondering if anyone still plays this game?

My friend and I go through phases of picking up the game every couple of months and either continue old characters or start new ones.

Currently, I'm playing a Sorceress, which is at level 82 in act 5 in hell. I'm almost about to finish hell for the first time, so I'm excited about that! Usually I feel satisfied with just finishing normal, and a bit of nightmare, but this time I'm going all the way!
Has anyone else here finished hell before? If so, what level and class were you?

Also just for fun, what is your favourite/preferred/most used class?
For me it is the Sorceress. Most of the time I play them, they just feel right for me. I also don't mind Amazons, they have a fair bit of variety in them and thier skills are quite good, well until hell then I got stuck. Contrastingly, I don't like barbarians or paladins, they seem so boring and don't appeal besides to me besides only offering melee attacks.

Tavrobel
06-03-2010, 05:47 AM
For cLoD, I've beaten Hell difficulty at least once (understatement?) with all of the classes on Softcore. In Hardcore, I've only done it with an Amazon, Sorceress, and Barbarian. I could do it with the other four, but, cba. In my time playing this game (since release), I've had too many characters to count. I've beaten Hell by getting the Baal Quest with characters as low as level 1, and as high as level 85 on the first attempt. For some reason, 85 is like, the upper limit before I go "ahh, screw it, I don't need the quest drop anymore."

I would play on the newest patch if I had more time, people to play with, and a wrist that didn't hurt every time I touch a mouse. The increased high rune drop rate in 1.13c is to die for. Ohh, but since the Starcraft II beta is superior, I'm playing that.

Wait until someone from the old DII group here tells you about that eleven account spree I had a few seasons back.

asukaevaunit02
06-03-2010, 06:48 AM
For cLoD, I've beaten Hell difficulty at least once (understatement?) with all of the classes on Softcore. In Hardcore, I've only done it with an Amazon, Sorceress, and Barbarian. I could do it with the other four, but, cba. In my time playing this game (since release), I've had too many characters to count. I've beaten Hell by getting the Baal Quest with characters as low as level 1, and as high as level 85 on the first attempt. For some reason, 85 is like, the upper limit before I go "ahh, screw it, I don't need the quest drop anymore."

Wow! Hell with every class! Thats really good, I don't think I would have the patience for that... like I said before I will never really play a barbarian or paladin seriously, let lone enough to finish hell.
Heck you even did it with hardcore characters, that is really something! I know I don't have that kind of luck.

I've only gotten to hell with sorceress' and 1 amazon. I have a few mid level characters as an assassin, necromancer, but they are yet to finish normal as of yet, kind of focussing on finishing hell with my sorceress.

Depression Moon
06-03-2010, 07:01 PM
damng, I forgot. I got 2 transfer this to my new computer.

Tavrobel
06-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Wow! Hell with every class! Thats really good, I don't think I would have the patience for that... like I said before I will never really play a barbarian or paladin seriously, let lone enough to finish hell.
Heck you even did it with hardcore characters, that is really something! I know I don't have that kind of luck.

I've only gotten to hell with sorceress' and 1 amazon. I have a few mid level characters as an assassin, necromancer, but they are yet to finish normal as of yet, kind of focussing on finishing hell with my sorceress.

It's a lot easier to play in a group, but the key is knowing what equipment to use, even if you can't find high-level uniques or runewords (although with this newest patch, it should be much easier).

asukaevaunit02
06-04-2010, 07:31 AM
It's a lot easier to play in a group, but the key is knowing what equipment to use, even if you can't find high-level uniques or runewords (although with this newest patch, it should be much easier).

I see... I don't play in groups, most of the time it is single player. Occassionally I'll go over to my best friends place and work together as a pair, but thats every couple of months.
And lately I've been helping my friend try and catch up to my character (I think I will finish hell before he catches up to me) as he says he's stuck in act 3 hell, probably immune to lightning or something...