PDA

View Full Version : Fired for Being Too Attractive

Depression Moon
06-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Is This Woman Too Hot To Be a Banker? - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice (http://www.villagevoice.com/2010-06-01/news/is-this-woman-too-hot-to-work-in-a-bank/1)

I want to make a deposit.

Aerith's Knight
06-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Best way to get fired ever.

Rodarian
06-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Such a double standards...

TV series portray women on the job as sexy but when a real life sexy chick like her is actually smart, she gets the boot....

Some dudes just can't control themselves , its really sad to see such educated fools.

Cuchulainn
06-03-2010, 08:24 PM
It's time to fire the uglies. If firing attractive people is ok I demand that this fat mess of a human gets fired from my Subway. Puts me off my food.

oddler
06-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Can you say "rack" in a news article? :choc2:

Seriously... Stupid, stupid people.

Vermachtnis
06-03-2010, 09:02 PM
She could get a job as a model are something.

Iceglow
06-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I think they just did say "rack" in a news article so yes you can!

She is smokingly beautiful it must be said, definitely a MILF to me. Hell I wouldn't even mind having to help raise the kid for that every day.

Quindiana Jones
06-03-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm sure everybody at Citibank spent most of their days banking. Banking good and hard.

Since when have workplaces been allowed to tell you how to wear your hair? By which I mean to such an extreme standard. I hope she takes a :bou::bou::bou::bou: tonne of money of those fucking morons.

And then marries me. :drool:

Depression Moon
06-03-2010, 10:11 PM
I don't think it could've been a man to fire her, for one if I was the boss I would use her to get more male clients. The manager had to be a female, because as I noticed women get jealous of other women. I remember back in High school, teachers would call on girls with big booty for wearing tight pants and try to send them home. I saw plenty of flat girls wearing tight pants, shorts, or smaller skirts and they got away with it a lot longer than the more attractive chicks.

Same thing applied to a type of shirt some of the bigger breasted girls wore. They were called out for it way before any of the flat chested were.

Lawr
06-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I was really enjoying the article until I stumbled onto this—

Lorenzana, a 33-year-old single mom...

Good lord, no thank you!

Jessweeee♪
06-03-2010, 11:21 PM
I don't think it could've been a man to fire her, for one if I was the boss I would use her to get more male clients. The manager had to be a female, because as I noticed women get jealous of other women. I remember back in High school, teachers would call on girls with big booty for wearing tight pants and try to send them home. I saw plenty of flat girls wearing tight pants, shorts, or smaller skirts and they got away with it a lot longer than the more attractive chicks.

Same thing applied to a type of shirt some of the bigger breasted girls wore. They were called out for it way before any of the flat chested were.

Yeah, I never had any dresscode violations but as a rather homely looking girl I got away with much more rule breaking than some other girls did. I think in that particular case it's more of the teacher being too timid to say something that could be misconstrued as "hey fatass your ass is too fat for those jeans" xD

Depression Moon
06-03-2010, 11:59 PM
YouTube - Debralee Lorenzana Facebook (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGOxcz4F24E#t=0m55s)

champagne supernova
06-04-2010, 12:01 AM
If I were her boss, I would not fire her. Ever.

Imperfectionist
06-04-2010, 12:06 AM
ARGH :mad2:

This is so wrong! I hope they get what they've got coming to them.

Christmas
06-04-2010, 12:24 AM
She can alway try wearing a mask to work! :bigsmile:

Old Manus
06-04-2010, 01:10 AM
She got sacked because she was rubbish at her job

Raistlin
06-04-2010, 01:13 AM
That reminds me of this story (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/17/distracting_assets/).

Psychotic
06-04-2010, 01:15 AM
This is such disgusting sexism how dare they treat a woman like she is just a piece of meat also I'd like to give her my piece of meat if you get my meaning (AND I THINK YOU DO!)

rubah
06-04-2010, 01:16 AM
She must not be too rubbish if she won Employee of the month.

being fired for being attractive is not a compliment

fire_of_avalon
06-04-2010, 01:51 AM
There is no way, in hell, heaven or earth, that this is a legitimate story. Her lawyer had her take professional photographs to prove her attire was professional? Then why do they have a fan blowing her hair everywhere.

I'm gonna have to ask all of y'all to work on your bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: detectors.

NorthernChaosGod
06-04-2010, 02:14 AM
She's hot. :drool:

Clo
06-04-2010, 02:27 AM
This has to be fake. Shenanigans!

rubah
06-04-2010, 02:39 AM
I guess forbes and cbs need to work on theirs, too, foa! They've picked up the story (http://blogs.forbes.com/work-in-progress/2010/06/02/debrahlee-lorenzana-is-the-ex-citibank-employee-victim-or-villian/?boxes=Homepagechannels)

fire_of_avalon
06-04-2010, 03:04 AM
The articles take a decidedly different tone towards the story. Do I believe this person is really bringing this type of suit? Yes I do. Do I think it has any legitimacy as a suit? Not at all.

Rye
06-04-2010, 03:07 AM
Office people can be very vindictive and cruel, out of jealousy. I'm lucky that my office is full of very nice people who treat me sweetly, for the most part. People are nice to me and complimentary about the way I dress (I tend to dress up for work), but then I'm not a tall thin supermodel looker, I suppose.

I don't believe that she was fired for her looks, but I believe she was probably harassed for them by co-workers and it contributed to a hostility.

theundeadhero
06-04-2010, 03:10 AM
This is craziness.
It did remind me though that one of the prettiest girls in my high school got a job down the street as a banker :) She was never fired for it though :p