PDA

View Full Version : Dear Hambone's PSP, you suck.

Hambone
06-04-2010, 03:56 AM
I bought FFVIII from the PSN store a few weeks ago for the purpose of playing it on my PSP and for the most part, everything's hunky-dory. However, there have been a few parts in the game where it just freezes, so far these parts are two specific boss fights. I'm wondering why this is happening since the game isn't disc-based and it's on my 2GB memory stick. I've even tried formatting the memory stick (which also caused me to delete my Dissidia file :mad2:), but it didn't help. (I'm wondering if the issue has to do with memory space since the game takes up the majority of the stick's space.) But yeah, what gives here?

Edit: If it helps at all, I have a PSP-3000.

Jessweeee♪
06-04-2010, 06:53 AM
It ran fine on my 2GB stick! I think either your stick is in bad shape or it's an issue specific to your model :(

Do you have another stick you can move it to?

Hambone
06-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Not yet, but I was thinking that may have been the issue. I bought an 8GB (I need more space anyway for FFVII) stick from eBay a few hours ago, so hopefully that will help...

Jessweeee♪
06-04-2010, 09:44 AM
I googled around and most people seem to be able to solve the problem by updating their PSP or redownloading the game. So if the new stick doesn't do it give that a try!

Hambone
06-05-2010, 01:09 AM
Alright, I'm updating the PSP now. I'll post how everything works out when it's done and I have some results. Thanks!

Edit: Okay, everything seems to be perfect! Thanks!

Jessweeee♪
06-05-2010, 04:14 AM
Hooray!