PDA

View Full Version : flat or traditional keyboard?

syun_ukiya
06-04-2010, 06:52 PM
will i go for a logitech ultra-flat keyboard or media keyboard? i know i dont need those extra buttons for, but which is better for typing? i do like typing in a laptop, but does it matter when choosing a keyboard?

Shiny
06-05-2010, 06:04 AM
I'd say go with whatever keyboard offers the best wrist support.

Mirage
06-05-2010, 05:17 PM
I like low profile keyboards :p. Mine's got a very limited number of media keys that I "sometimes" use. I just use global hotkeys msot of the time though. Like I've got winey+insert to play/pause my winamp.

Tseng
06-06-2010, 10:14 PM
I agree with Shiny. I mean if you KNOW you aren't going to use the buttons then why pay for them if its not crazy comfortable? Id say if you have bluetooth capability then get the apple wireless keyboard or something similar. Im an Apple slut so Im almost positive there is something cheaper out there for you to try. Even so I love this keyboard, it works with every device I have and the batteries last for an ungodly amount of time. As far as the keys theymselves go, they are low profile with a great feel and good amount of travel (so it feels like you are actually pressing something.) Ive noticed that my typing speed has gone up on this set of keys as opposed to my traditional keyboard. The only downside I can see to it is that its incline is already set (which I don't find to be a problem but some folks like to adjust the angle), and the price if you cant find a cheaper competitor and you dont absolutely need the Apple logo slapped on it to give you your fix.

-B