PDA

View Full Version : I'm a loser, baby...

Rebellious Eagle
06-05-2010, 08:52 PM
...so why don't you tell me what silly things you've done recently that made you feel, well, not all that cool?
I was practicing my long staff for taekwondo a few weeks and I was showing off for my crush and then all of a sudden I whacked myself in the head. Fun times. And it also hurt extremely bad.
I also was at a buffet for breakfast. I grabbed some eggs and I saw a container of what I thought was salt and poured it on my eggs. It turns out that it was sugar, not salt. -_-
The other day I was writing a paper in class and somehow accidentally stabbed myself with my pencil. And my friend just laughed at me. ;.;

Psychotic
06-05-2010, 09:11 PM
I closed a door yesterday and somehow hit myself in the face with it in the process. Smooth.

Brennan
06-05-2010, 09:13 PM
I grabbed some eggs and I saw a container of what I thought was salt and poured it on my eggs. It turns out that it was sugar, not salt.

I don't see a problem. :)

Anywho... I can't remember anything that I did lately that made my feel uncool, but I did eat a rootbeer popsicle while drinkin coffee, which made people wtf at me.

EDIT: The coffee thing made me remember that one day I got flour instead of cream. I figured something was wrong when it was red, though.

BarelySeeAtAll
06-05-2010, 09:14 PM
At least it wasn't sugar you wanted, and got salt. That is the nastiest surprise I ever had.

Uhhhm....oh yeah, today I walked out of the public toilets and ordered some food in a café which wasn't really even that close, with my skirt kinda tucked in on itself. . .I guess I was lucky I had tights on, right?

Hythloday
06-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Oh, where do I begin?

I tried opening a door to one of labs for my Audio Video class, but the handle wouldn't turn. So I, noticing someone was inside, knocked on the door. He motioned in a way I didn't understand so I mouthed "it's locked".

Turns out he was motioning me to pull.

Then in the same class, I go to check out equipment, and my professor had told us the exact model of camera we were to be using for the project. I go up to the lab guy, bear in mind this is a different lab guy than in the last excursion so he's completely unaware of my stupidity, and I ask for a GL5200PROSWEETSHOTMINIDVPHALLUSPROSTER or whatever the cameras model was and he stares at me blankly and asks his superior what it was, who then looked confused. Finally, he just asked what course it was for and I said intro to a/v and he smiled and said "Dude, you can just ask for a camera".

In general, that course was just a disaster. I can't count all the stupid things I did. From recording with out sound, messing up cords, to even recording over things.

Shiny
06-06-2010, 12:30 AM
I put the cereal in the refrigerator and the milk in the cabinet.

NorthernChaosGod
06-06-2010, 02:33 AM
I was going to the lifeguard trailer at work to take my last break and i see a bunch of my coworkers already in there just sitting around. I half muttered, half spoke "Wow, that's a lot of people on break." I was quickly corrected that it was the 4 o'clock shift coming in by my supervisor. I mentally facepalm'd.

Christmas
06-06-2010, 02:50 AM
I went into a unisex toliet, wash my hands and touch up my hair. I notice this guy was staring at me and I feel rather disturbed. It was until I left the toliet that I realize it is not a unisex toliet but the male toliet. :(

Iceglow
06-06-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm constantly having to pick up CD's we have to move large amounts quickly at work so sometimes I have a pile of around 50 - 70 CD's on my right arm as I carry them wherever they need to go. 50 - 70 CDs don't tend to go well with me, I drop them often recently I done this in front of Lily Allen and she was an absoloute angel about it because she helped me pick them up (she felt responsible since she distracted me by shouting "excuse me, can you help?" from around 15ft away) and she even laughed about it with me when I was joking "well, you know Lily, this is what happens when you quit music, people throw CDs at you...:D"

Rye
06-06-2010, 02:51 PM
I sliced off a bit of my finger when I was cutting fabric with a rotary cutter for a present I was making. It wasn't deep enough to bleed, but it's left a noticeable chunk missing. =O

Araciel
06-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I burped while in a meeting on Friday and excused myself while giving a presentation on conformance to schedules, but everyone just pretended it didn't happen..

Quindiana Jones
06-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Men like a girl who can handle a long staff. :jokey:

Christmas
06-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Men like a girl who can handle a long staff. :jokey:

Girls dun like men that make such a statement.

Quindiana Jones
06-06-2010, 04:10 PM
On the list of reasons girls dun like me, that ain't a priority. :(

Rodarian
06-06-2010, 04:26 PM
One just happened today..

With my lunch plate was getting ready to squat down onto a rather tiny stool..My butt totally missed its target and I ended up having a sore and lack of any saving grace.....At least my lunch survived...:redface:

Dr. Acula
06-07-2010, 12:56 AM
My friend and I made fun of a painting recently, not realising the artist was sitting right next to us. :(

This is why you should always be nice, kiddos.

Imperfectionist
06-07-2010, 01:08 AM
I hit myself in the face with my laptop :( I went to sit up, putting my head forward while pulling my legs up towards me. Laptop was on my lap and I ended up headbutting it.

It really hurt :(

Cuchulainn
06-07-2010, 01:36 AM
I hit myself in the face with my laptop :( I went to sit up, putting my head forward while pulling my legs up towards me. Laptop was on my lap and I ended up headbutting it.

In the words of Alan from The Hangover. You're A Ri-Taard.

NeoCracker
06-07-2010, 01:38 AM
I'd sat a tray fresh from an oven down after pulling it out. Using my other hand I reached to move a different tray, but ended up grabbing the one I'd just sat down, got a firm grip on it, and lifted it up before I realized I was burning the fuck out of my hand. :(

Though that didn't beat my sister, after watching Coraline in 3D, saying 'wow, I wish these glasses worked on everything.'

NorthernChaosGod
06-07-2010, 03:44 AM

Lol. I'm sorry, but that produces the most hilarious mental image.

I hope your head is OK though.

Rodarian
06-07-2010, 06:20 AM
The heading butting reminded me of this semi frequent occurence.. I keep slamming my either shoulder against the door frame .... Why does this happen fails to for me to comprehend!

Imperfectionist
06-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Cuch, your concern is heartwarming :roll2 Although I'll admit it was kinda funny... XD

NCG, my head is fine now, it happened a couple weeks ago. Left a bruise right on my brow bone for a while though :(

missaira
06-07-2010, 07:28 AM

i put the peanut butter in the drawer and the knife in the fridge.

Meat Puppet
06-07-2010, 01:03 PM
fell in love

NorthernChaosGod
06-08-2010, 02:09 AM
NCG, my head is fine now, it happened a couple weeks ago. Left a bruise right on my brow bone for a while though :(

*kisses it better* :jokey:

Basically, I hit the bruise on the inside of my ankle at least 5-6 times today while at work. This thing is never going to heal at this rate.

Cuchulainn
06-08-2010, 03:41 AM
Cuch, your concern is heartwarming :roll2 Although I'll admit it was kinda funny... XD

:P

Mo-Nercy
06-08-2010, 04:19 AM
I went to sit on my computer chair once without remembering that my good glasses were on the seat until the very last second. I had already gone beyond the point of being able to straighten up again (I keep my computer chair quite low and reclined back) so I did the next best thing, which was to kind of pivot on my heel and do a barrel roll to fall face first on the floor.

NorthernChaosGod
06-09-2010, 02:46 AM
I went to sit on my computer chair once without remembering that my good glasses were on the seat until the very last second. I had already gone beyond the point of being able to straighten up again (I keep my computer chair quite low and reclined back) so I did the next best thing, which was to kind of pivot on my heel and do a barrel roll to fall face first on the floor.

:lol: That sounds amazing.

Fujiko
06-09-2010, 04:09 AM

i put the peanut butter in the drawer and the knife in the fridge.

Sometimes I've emptied the rest of the food on my plate in the sink and thrown the plate and the silverware in the food bin. And I never realized I'd done that until after it was done. :greenie:

Edit:

:lol: That sounds amazing.

Hilarious, in fact. xDD

~*~Celes~*~
06-09-2010, 04:14 AM
In my friend Ben's truck I sat back and whacked my head on the little glass sliding window at the back of the truck that opens to the bed. They laughed at me :(

Fujiko
06-09-2010, 04:16 AM
In my friend Ben's truck I sat back and whacked my head on the little glass sliding window at the back of the truck that opens to the bed. They laughed at me :(

xDD :squeeze:

blackmage_nuke
06-09-2010, 04:24 AM
I was absent mindedly putting on earphones before plugging them in and accidentally stuck the jack in my left ear.

Fujiko
06-09-2010, 04:28 AM
I was absent mindedly putting on earphones before plugging them in and accidentally stuck the jack in my left ear.

Roflmao! xDD Oh man, I literally laughed until I couldn't breathe anymore.

qwertysaur
06-09-2010, 04:47 AM
During my exam for second degree black belt one of the boards for breaking had a knot in it, so when I broke it the knot hit my master in the face. :(

I still passed the exam though. :p

NorthernChaosGod
06-09-2010, 05:25 AM

Lol. Imagine if that would have worked and you could have heard your thoughts. But through your ears.

~*~Celes~*~
06-09-2010, 05:50 AM

Lol. Imagine if that would have worked and you could have heard your thoughts. But through your ears.

I lol'd~

Rodarian
06-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Happened last night...

Wore a brand new pair of jeans at a swanky restaurant.. After the bill, we got to leave when my jean button , popped open and shot across to the other table.....

I said I was planning to gain mass but that quickly?!:eep:

Fujiko
06-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Happened last night...

Wore a brand new pair of jeans at a swanky restaurant.. After the bill, we got to leave when my jean button , popped open and shot across to the other table.....

I said I was planning to gain mass but that quickly?!:eep:

Omg xDD I'd laugh my butt off if I'd been there!

Zeldy
06-10-2010, 02:13 PM
I poured a glass of water in the bin yesterday, I was about to throw the cup in too when I realized "wtf this isn't the sink".

Iceglow
06-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Today I got told by my boss to fax a load of purchase orders through to the suppliers. There was like 30+ pages of purchase orders for stock we need and these are really important. :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty job because it's time consuming and boring, you don't get to do anything just fax the stuff over. I know we usually do it but well, normally the faxing is done by supervisors of departments or by senior sales assistants so it was pretty much something I hadn't done before. What I failed to mention when asked to do it and what I then had to ask the corporate accounts supervisor (Lesley, who used to be my department supervisor when I first started there, hell she hired me!) as soon as I entered her office (it's where the sole fax machine resides) was "Umm, Les, how the hell do I fax something? Do people still used fax machines?" yeah kinda a loser moment being I'm a 25 year old tech savvy guy who can't work a fax machine xD

Imperfectionist
06-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Haha Iceglow I was exactly the same with a fax machine! I was doing work experience in France and they told me to go to the shop next door to use their fax machine and I got in front of it and was like um... what? I ended up faxing loads of blank pages cos I had all the paper facing the wrong way... It was only in October, I didn't realise people still used fax machines!

Cuchulainn
06-11-2010, 01:39 AM

I've done that before man. On a bus. Never good. I'd just had my chest tattooed and took heavy painkillers (ya know the ones that make u feel like you're in a little bubble of heaven).

I've also walked to work in suit, tie & addidas classics by mistake. That was a fun day of explaining.

Aerith's Knight
06-11-2010, 01:48 AM
I spend the last few days staring at molecules in a book on Organic Chemistry.

Yeah, never felt more like a loser.

gameorgamer
06-11-2010, 03:20 AM
One just happened today..

With my lunch plate was getting ready to squat down onto a rather tiny stool..My butt totally missed its target and I ended up having a sore and lack of any saving grace.....At least my lunch survived...:redface:
siunds interesting experience

Rye
06-19-2010, 09:56 PM
I almost cut my finger off with a rotary cutter today.

It was bleeding so profusely (I put a band-aid on it, and it had turned completely red all over within 3 seconds) and for so long that we thought I had to go to the ER and get stitches, but I didn't, yay!

Now it's wrapped in a huge gauze with a sad face on it. I feel like a tardling.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/ryechuuu/icutmyfingerandimdumb.jpg

black orb
06-20-2010, 01:15 AM
>>> I was born a loser, I dont even have to try..:luca:

Flying Mullet
06-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Against my better judgment, I just signed up for my first Ironman, which will be next May: May 21, 2011 | The Woodlands, TX | Memorial Hermann Ironman Texas (http://ironmantexas.com/)

Athletes will begin with a 2.4-mile swim in Lake Woodlands. Next is a 112-mile bike course that will take participants west through the scenic, rolling farmland of east Texas. The day ends with a 26.2-mile run course entirely within The Woodlands that concludes with a spectacular finish on Market Street.

Chris
06-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Went picking mushroom today, when I should have been attending a wedding. Sorry, but you have to prioritize.

BarelySeeAtAll
06-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Well that sounds FUUUUN. . .D=

I wasn't advised, but dared, to put an icecube somewhere which an icecube should not go. I advise you not to do that.

Rodarian
06-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Went picking mushroom today, when I should have been attending a wedding. Sorry, but you have to prioritize.

Picking mushrooms... Next thing you'll know, you would be taking up knitting over a party...

Mirage
06-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Mushrooms are potentially lethal.
What nearly lethal activity have you taken up lately, Rod?

Chris
06-27-2010, 10:31 PM
According to rubah, I am going to win the "MLT Die Before the Next Ciddie" award, so I might as well enjoy the ride, eh? Too bad there is no such award. ;;

Raistlin
06-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Ironmans are insane. My uncle used to do them a long time ago, and he is in incredible shape (he was still doing smaller triathlons at 50+).

Probably the only physical thing I've done stupid lately is playing basketball when my knee was hurting, resulting in me having difficulty walking the next couple of days.

qwertysaur
06-27-2010, 11:34 PM
I was posting throughout the ciddies for almost the entire revelations :quina:

Iceglow
06-27-2010, 11:51 PM
I don't usually do things against my better judgement because I know when I do I end up being right about it not being good for me and therefore I usually know better than to have every inch of my gut instincts telling me "this is wrong" and to then go "but I'm gonna do it anyhow"

~*~Celes~*~
06-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Finished up the dishes during a thunderstorm. Wasn't a good idea as there are safety hazards, but I wanted to get them done, so I was willing to risk it.

Miriel
06-28-2010, 12:04 AM
I tried to drive into San Francisco during Gay Pride weekend. MADNESS!

Stuck in traffic along the main parade route for like an hour. Massive swarms of scantily clad people everywhere.

Freya
06-28-2010, 12:06 AM
Finished up the dishes during a thunderstorm. Wasn't a good idea as there are safety hazards, but I wanted to get them done, so I was willing to risk it.

I'm playing on the internet during a storm that has lots of lightning! We're so reckless.

Christmas
06-28-2010, 12:08 AM
I spend a few hours downloading and getting some Maplestory private servers to work! :bigsmile:

But I got tired of the game like after playing it for 10 minutes. :(

Mirage
06-28-2010, 12:29 AM
Understandable. It's pretty bad after all.

blackmage_nuke
06-28-2010, 12:34 AM
Mushrooms are potentially lethal.
What nearly lethal activity have you taken up lately, Rod?

So are knitting needles

Aerith's Knight
06-28-2010, 12:58 AM
So, what stupid or ill-advised things have you done lately?

Paul's sister.

Laddy
06-28-2010, 03:38 AM
I've considered applying for Big Brother. :p

rubah
06-28-2010, 03:46 AM
I ran up a steep slope of unstable smooth rocks. Of course I slipped and skinned my knee and hands a little xD Not too bad though! Totally not worth it-- I was trying to see over a wall, and it was just a dumpster :mad2:

Clo
06-28-2010, 03:48 AM
I haven't done anything really too reckless lately. Which means I need to get kicking. What should I go do? :D

Bunny
06-28-2010, 04:33 AM
I set my mouth on fire.

Iceglow
06-28-2010, 07:19 AM
So, what stupid or ill-advised things have you done lately?

Paul's sister.

See I do these sort of things too but I generally don't consider it stupid or ill-advised when I do them Though maybe me and Paul should've steadied up a bit last night not sure your mother could handle two angry englishmen performing an eifel tower on her. We did call the ambulance for you though....:bigsmile:

Agrias
06-28-2010, 07:22 AM
I got so drunk that i couldnt stand up anymore and ended up hitting my head on the clothes chest......I always hurt my HEAD...Never my leg, arm, hair.

Anyways, i'm happy that i usually keep control of my drinking to the point where it stops before i blank out like i did that night.

Shiny
06-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Note: Threads, "You So Crazy" and "I'm a loser, baby" merged for similarity's sake.

I've considered applying for Big Brother. :p
I can see you being on that show. You should do it! It's a chance to win money; though it seems boring to be in that house all that time without television.

Rye
06-28-2010, 07:42 AM
This:

Jess felt ill earlier, tired and headachey, so she went to bed about an hour ago. She just woke up and declared she was going to get up, so I figure we'll watch something and cuddle. She's worried because mom and Dan aren't home yet; I explain they're only ten or so minutes later than their ballpark time but she's still a bit confused, but drops it.

Then she asks "Is it sunny out?" and I look over and she has an outfit picked out for the day.

She thought she had slept right through the night and it was tomorrow.

I have never been so endeared to her in my life.

~*~Celes~*~
06-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Oh Jess :heart:

Rodarian
06-28-2010, 07:57 AM
This:

Jess felt ill earlier, tired and headachey, so she went to bed about an hour ago. She just woke up and declared she was going to get up, so I figure we'll watch something and cuddle. She's worried because mom and Dan aren't home yet; I explain they're only ten or so minutes later than their ballpark time but she's still a bit confused, but drops it.

Then she asks "Is it sunny out?" and I look over and she has an outfit picked out for the day.

She thought she had slept right through the night and it was tomorrow.

I have never been so endeared to her in my life.

:kaoclove:

Jiro
06-28-2010, 10:19 AM
I set my mouth on fire.

I like to lick lit matches, it no longer burns my tongue. It's my only party trick :(

Christmas
06-28-2010, 11:30 AM
I set my mouth on fire.

I once wanted to try that fire breathing trick but my friend stopped me. :(

NorthernChaosGod
06-28-2010, 06:31 PM
I set my mouth on fire.

I like to lick lit matches, it no longer burns my tongue. It's my only party trick :(
I used to put out cigarettes on my tongue when I was still a smoker.

Bunny
06-28-2010, 07:19 PM
I saw a guy at the Ren Fest do it so I tried to do it too. Gasoline does not taste very good and makes your mouth water a lot.

Also there is burning.

Iceglow
06-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Well today I turned up to work 3 hours early because they changed my rota but didn't bother to tell me, they just expected me to notice this on the master copy of the rota over the last week or so. I didn't :(

I ended up having to go kill 3 hours before starting work, I went down to Marble Arch and lay on the grass there sunbathing for over 2 of them.

Rodarian
06-29-2010, 07:43 AM
I went down to Marble Arch and lay on the grass there sunbathing for over 2 of them.

Did you manage to get a tan.... :D

~*~Celes~*~
06-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Tan? Pfft. Brits don't tan. They burn.

Iceglow
06-29-2010, 07:49 AM
I went down to Marble Arch and lay on the grass there sunbathing for over 2 of them.

Did you manage to get a tan.... :D

Actuallly I did go quite brown, probably because having spent a fortnight in Egypt earlier in the year I had already got a slight tan remaining since then. Strangely because I tend to wear shirts with collars I have a colllar tan where my neck tans in a V shape at the front because thats where the collar sits xD

She wishes I burnt just so she could justify her own recent sunburn :P

Kidding Kari, you know I :love: you

~*~Celes~*~
06-29-2010, 07:51 AM

She wishes I burnt just so she could justify her own recent sunburn :P

Kidding Kari, you know I :love: you

:Oo: Great, now I can't blame my burn on my Englishman blood cause everyone knows the truth now. THANKS STEVE. :expee:

Laddy
06-29-2010, 07:56 AM
I look Hispanic by August! :cool:

~*~Celes~*~
06-29-2010, 07:58 AM
I'm hoping to achieve my goal of getting a very, very nice tan this summer. I miss my awesome tan :(

Rodarian
06-29-2010, 08:18 AM
Its funny how white people love to tan but when they over do, boy do they over do it...

aquatius
06-29-2010, 01:36 PM
It was a while ago, but I fell over on some of the steps at my school in front of all these lower-year kids. And it wasn't just a small trip, I started falling forward then my bag dragged me sideways and I whacked into some kid's legs >>. They all started laughing and I got up and tried to pretend nothing happened but it quite hurt :(