PDA

View Full Version : Skies of Arcadia

Darkwolf090
06-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Well.... discuss....

This is by far one of my favorite RPGs of all time and it will be up there with the Chrono series for me and will never change! Anyway I wanted to hear everyone elses opinion on it.

Flying Arrow
06-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Good game. Unfortunately, every time I tried to play it my Dreamcast memory device would conk out on me. Farthest I ever got was the giant pyramid looking for the fire orb or whatever. Shame, because I was really getting into it too..

ljkkjlcm9
06-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Played it on the Gamecube. Great game, my only issue was the length of the airship battles. I could choose my attacks, and watch like, an entire episode of something on TV while it actually happens lol

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
06-07-2010, 12:44 AM
I missed the Little Jack after it was replaced with the Deliphus, I think that's what the second ship was called anyway.

Vyk
06-07-2010, 01:03 AM
I've never beaten this game, but it'll always have a special place in my heart. One of the last really good Sega games I ever played. And one of the last things they did before they died as a console company. The encounter rate was insane though. So I always got tired of it before beating it. Shame too, 'cause it was a very interesting story with lovable characters and such. Not too many sky pirate games out there

JKTrix
06-07-2010, 03:41 AM
I liked it. Never finished it, but I've barely finished any of the RPGs I've started. This one though, I loaned it out to my cousin.

He's had it for 7 years.

This game came out for the DS last year, it's not 'fantastic' but it has airship battles and stuff. From the same guys who made the FF3/FF4 remakes for DS.
YouTube - Nostalgia (DS) Airship Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCnHePuaq80)

The only thing better than Sky Pirates is Space Pirates (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsJxsspHkm8).

Madame Adequate
06-07-2010, 04:26 AM
Truly brilliant game, one of the best reasons to own a Dreamcast (Never played the GC version, but I hear it has more stuff, so that can only be good!)

Rare to see such a lovely world, and such a likable cast. It was definitely a positive that even though it had serious moments, it was a pretty lighthearted game for the most part, and the folks who made it were aware of the genre's conventions and did a damn fine job using and playing with them.

LoneSwordsmanAuron
06-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Have completed the Gamecube version twice and nearly completed the Dreamcast version.

One of my all time favourites for both consoles!!!

Vermachtnis
06-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Loved it, loved all the main cast too. But I think my favorite thing about it was that you owned an island and got to customize it a little.

Agent Proto
06-08-2010, 04:01 AM
I never had played the game, but it's the kind of game I will play. One day, I'll get the game and pop it in my GameCube to play. Though, that may have to wait for a month or two or some other time. :/

Darkwolf090
06-18-2010, 02:16 AM
This game to me has one of the reason I love the Suikoden series as well, different types of battles in one game. Not many games really do it but the games that do it well are awesome. I am playing through Suikoden V right now being OCD as possible.... getting every char and such also keeping everyones weapons upgraded... but hey its fun, now excuse me as i go out and rebuy Suikoden III peace out!

Laddy
06-19-2010, 07:36 AM
Haven't bought it ever.

Still hate myself for it.

Darkwolf090
06-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Yea its hard to find really I need to lend mine to Wolf Kanno when he is done messing around with Fallout 3 and such, but its such a awesome game if ya find it i suggest you grab it.

Elite Lord Sigma
06-19-2010, 11:01 PM
It's one of my personal favorite games. The main cast members are three-dimensional and likable, and few other RPGs have emulated the potential for exploration of the game's world.

Roogle
06-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Skies of Arcadia was a great game. I enjoyed playing it thoroughly and I think it is unfortunate that there was never a sequel of any kind as the world and environment of the game intrigued me.