PDA

View Full Version : Rockman(Mega Man) Online Officially Announced

Crossblades
06-07-2010, 02:38 PM
RPGFan News - Rockman Online Officially Announced (http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2010/219.html)

Last week saw the official announcement of Rockman Online, a collaboration between Capcom and Korean game publisher Neowiz. Described as a "3D side-scrolling action RPG", the upcoming PC title will feature a character growth system and an assortment of stages to play. It has also been confirmed that series heroes X and Zero will appear in the game, but in an unknown capacity.

While Rockman Online has not been announced for North America, a recently filed trademark for Mega Man Universe may point to an international release of the game.

Bolivar
06-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Wow WTF. Need to see more of this!!!!

Levian
06-07-2010, 08:23 PM
No idea why people keep insisting on making sidescrollers in 3D.

Momiji
06-07-2010, 08:59 PM
I would have been more excited if it were an actual online version of the Battle Network stuff.

It would make more sense, at least.

VeloZer0
06-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Wow. I'm a huge MMX fanboy, I couldn't be more excited.

Though I don't think they need to be in 3D per say, but I don't think it is a bad look either. All and all I think you probably need more artistic talent to make an extremely sharp looking game with high res sprites than with flashy 3D graphics, not to mention 3D is way easier to work with. (once you have a model you can easily animate it to do anything) I thought Maverick Hunter X for PSP looked extremely good.

Both work for me.

Rostum
06-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Bah. The moment I see "Online" and "Korean developer" in the same sentance, is the moment I stop caring.

Wolf Kanno
06-08-2010, 05:58 AM
Interesting...

Though I will agree with the sentiments of not seeing the point of making the game in 3D. Capcom makes the best sprites in the industry hands down, so why deny the fans?

VeloZer0
06-08-2010, 06:28 AM
It doesn't actually say we get to play as X and Zero, you may be playing as some customized character. And character creation can be much easier done in 3D.

Christmas
06-09-2010, 08:11 AM
I had bad experiences with Korean online games. But the idea really rox since I used to be a fan of X and Zero. I just hope that they dun ruin everything. :bigsmile:

Slothy
06-09-2010, 04:00 PM

I'm pretty sure no one remembers how to do 2D art and engines anymore.

Except Vanillaware anyway.

Laddy
06-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Wait...what?