PDA

View Full Version : MORTAL KOMBAAAAT dun dun dun dun dun dun

Jessweeee♪
06-09-2010, 05:22 AM
This video is extremely graphic! There are like...inside out eyeballs and stuff.

Jonny Cage always gets it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmvxjnwbMPI)

Could this be from the new MK movie that's been on hiatus for some time now? Maybe! I think it's interesting. It doesn't seem to have all the cheese that the other two movies did, so you kind of have to take it seriously. Also, it seems like it's going to revolve around Scorpion and Sub-Zero. I love how Jax just drops these little references. "There were many...fatalities." "We want you to finish them." There had better be a scene where he eats some toast and says "toasty :</>D"

Tavrobel
06-09-2010, 06:14 AM
You know I was watching the original movie the other day, and this new version intrigues me.

Bunny
06-09-2010, 07:18 AM
It looks interesting. Extremely cheesy dialogue, but it's a Mortal Kombat movie so it's mostly about the action. I'd watch it.

Mo-Nercy
06-10-2010, 01:16 AM
I quite liked the Johnny Cage fight scene in that 'trailer'. I love the idea of putting a modern spin on the MK franchise, but I guess that rules out characters like Goro, Sheeva and Motaro (or maybe not.. who knows xD).

I'd also like to see Kung Lao make an appearance.

Zeromus_X
06-10-2010, 01:27 AM
I saw this just yesterday. I hope they really make a movie of this.

NorthernChaosGod
06-10-2010, 02:53 AM
Holy balls. HOLY FUCKING BALLS.

Being a MK movie, I expect some cheese here and there, but this looks hella badass.

G13
06-10-2010, 03:34 AM
Goddammit! Johnny Cage beheaded before the actual fucking tournament? This movie already blows so much ass! :mad2:

The 'on' faded out of 'Jackson' was pretty cool... I guess. :mad:

Raistlin
06-10-2010, 03:43 AM
It looks almost obnoxiously lame, but that's to be expected. Mortal Kombat is pretty much the definition of high cheese, high action. It does look interesting, and is at least a new take on the plot. I would certainly watch it.

Shiny
06-10-2010, 04:10 AM
This looks horrible, but at least the fight choreography is promising.

Also hell to the no. Scorpion is the Scorpion seen in the original MK movie. Flaming pits of hell Scorpion not this guy.

McLovin'
06-10-2010, 05:03 AM
When the tournament starts in the movie it should be freaking awesome to watch.

Jessweeee♪
06-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Goddammit! Johnny Cage beheaded before the actual smurfing tournament? This movie already blows so much ass! :mad2:

Given his track record I think he should be glad he survived the first movie!

Mo-Nercy
06-10-2010, 05:38 AM
I'm curious to see how Jax and Sonya get involved in the fighting. It'd be disappointing if they didn't and assumed the 'Raiden' role.

And according to this (http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/film/article/exclusive-interview-with-mortal-kombat-actor-104127) interview with Matt Mullins (Johnny Cage), it seems that script has already been written up and that everyone's just waiting on the thumbs up from Warner. So it seems like they're quite serious about wanting to make this movie.

Also, his favourite game is Chrono Trigger.

edit: Think I've read that interview out of context. The script he's referring to is probably just the script of the short film.

Jessweeee♪
06-10-2010, 05:44 AM
I'm a little disappointed that it's not the real thing. Hopefully it will be!

Rostum
06-10-2010, 05:55 AM
Looks pretty decent. I mean... Mortal Kombat is really about the cheesiness, gore, violence and action.

I can't help but think that they still could have kept all the "magic" and "dimensions" and still done something more serious/artistic with it.

Mo-Nercy
06-10-2010, 06:03 AM
I can't help but think that they still could have kept all the "magic" and "dimensions" and still done something more serious/artistic with it.
It could still play a slight role in it. It's possible to pull off combining a sense of realism and the occult in a film. A new Chinese TV series about the Three Kingdoms era does it pretty well (an obscure reference to many, I'm sure.. but it's all I could come up with).

I can't imagine how they'd explain Sub-Zero's ice abilities without ascribing it too some sort of supernatural power.

Rostum
06-10-2010, 06:27 AM
You are right, we haven't really seen much yet to say they aren't in there. :)

xXsarahXx
06-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I saw this a few days ago and OMFG want want want!!
Its apparently only a short teaser and hasnt actually been picked up to be made into a film yet but i really hope it is.

I like the realistic take on it and the brutal style is completely representative of the original games, before they got toned down and :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Trailer for the new game thats coming out looks very promising though, The New Mortal Kombat Trailer Is Pure Brutality (http://kotaku.com/5560010/the-new-mortal-kombat-trailer-is-pure-brutality) cant wait for this.
I love Street Fighter to death but i was always in the Mortal Kombat camp when it came to fighters when growing up.

oddler
06-10-2010, 03:23 PM
I don't really know what I think of this but I probably wouldn't mind watching another Mortal Kombat movie.

Mo-Nercy
06-11-2010, 02:54 AM
Trailer for the new game thats coming out looks very promising though, The New Mortal Kombat Trailer Is Pure Brutality (http://kotaku.com/5560010/the-new-mortal-kombat-trailer-is-pure-brutality) cant wait for this..
Kung Lao is so awesome. =]

I don't know if it's the most gory we've seen MK though. I mean, there used to be blood flying out with every hit back in the day. Not so in this trailer. I definitely approve of the bone-crunching sound effect though.

Rostum
06-11-2010, 05:26 AM
That new MK game looks pretty ace! Brings back some memories of MK2.

G13
06-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Goddammit! Johnny Cage beheaded before the actual smurfing tournament? This movie already blows so much ass! :mad2:

Given his track record I think he should be glad he survived the first movie!

:nonono:

Breine
06-11-2010, 12:13 PM
That's pretty badass. Very cheesy, but badass. Just like the games. If there's a future movie, I'd watch it.

Rodarian
06-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Its just a short teaser film.. But does look interesting.. I should Jeri Ryan assumes Sonya Blades role should a movie be indeed green lit.... She is a hottie :drool:

Vyk
06-21-2010, 02:20 AM
I'm kinda saddened that its just a video short and not a trailer to an actual movie. I'm really intrigued and interested by this re-telling. They took an interesting angle and I'd like to see it pulled off. I have my doubts now that if it is green-lit they'd be able to go back and re-capture the feel they had during the making of this video. If this movie were done and this video were released I'd feel a lot more at ease. But at the very least they proved themselves competent on the idea side of things, and pulling off said idea to at least a short degree

xXsarahXx
06-21-2010, 10:32 AM
New Vid with Interview with Ed Boon :D
Some epic stuff there

YouTube - Mortal Kombat (2011) Gameplay on Gamespot Live @ E3 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1K0MfJcMBY)

Fujiko
06-21-2010, 07:12 PM
I liked Linden Ashby as Johnny Cage. :jess: