PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Housewives

Fujiko
06-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Do/did you watch it? I hope someone does! What did you think of the last episode of the season? Who's your favorite housewife/husband/couple etc or whatever you wanna mention? Favorite scene, perhaps?

I guess since there surely will be spoilers in this thread, you should avoid this thread if you don't want 'em! :jess:

Anyway!

My favorite couple would probably be Gabi/Carlos xD They're the most hilarious! But I've really liked Susan/Mike since the beginning, what they've been through and how they met etc; also MJ is the cutest! :love:

My favorite scene would probably be when Susan runs out of the house in her wedding dress to go after Mike, crying and asking for his forgiveness, and then he just drives away. :cry:

What I thought was sad though was that Angie and Nick had to leave :( I was really starting to like them!. But in the last episode: did you expect the person who moved in instead to actually be back? xD For a second I expected it to be that British guy that Susan almost married.

Anyhow, discuss! Share your thoughts! :D

(I hope I'm not making this DH thread when there already is one. Didn't really see one active?)

Rantz
06-09-2010, 03:55 PM
I totally watch it! Haven't liked the later seasons nearly as much as the earlier ones, sadly :( But they're still worth watching.

Susan is my favourite housewife! But Gabi and Carlos has that great dynamic that makes them my favourite couple, as well xD

Miriel
06-09-2010, 07:21 PM
I watch it when I have nothing else to do. It's complete mindless entertainment.

I think the show is seriously hilarious in how much none of it makes any god damn sense. I was cracking up at how in the season finale, there was an evil man killed in a car explosion, the revelation that a neighborhood kid was a serial killer and held Lynette hostage while she delivered her baby, one of the neighborhood families suddenly disappear without a trace, and the day after all this happens, they stand around Susan's yard going, "Hey, we better meet up for poker this week!" and not a single one of them mention the CRAZY :bou::bou::bou::bou: that just went down. Even though you'd think Susan would say something about how the guy who choked her daughter was finally caught. And then there's all these random disasters happening like hurricanes and planes crashing onto the street. xD

I mean, this show is just ridiculous. But I like watching it when I'm cooking or working on stuff on the computer. It's great background television.

And the acting is also kinda superb. Even with these crazy storylines, the lead actresses still manage to do an incredible job. Felicity Huffman in particular is amazing.

PeneloRatsbane
06-09-2010, 09:16 PM
The last few series have not been great, gone down hill since they killed of Edie. i used to love this show but I don't like how they went with Katherine, I really liked her and they've made her too OOC

Shlup
06-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Most dangerous neighborhood in America.

My favorite is Lynette (and Tom).

I keep really hoping they bring back Zach... I guess his dad is a close second choice. :p

Fujiko
06-10-2010, 12:00 AM
I have to agree it's kinda been going downhill with every season. But I still like watching it! Peneloratsbane, you liked Katherine? I personally thought it was good they got rid of her. xD
I do wonder if Zack's gonna come back, Shlup; well now that his dad moved back into the neighbourhood, he just might! :jess:

Edit: Miriel, lol; but it is still hilarious and, like you said, the actresses and actors are doing a great job! Also, it is kinda weird and crazy most of the time, and really random, but that's what I like about it!

Edit2: Rantz: :kaocheer:

PeneloRatsbane
06-10-2010, 12:10 AM
yeah I seem to have a thing for taking to less popular characters, but I liked her whole story arc with her nasty ex and the fake Dylan, and I honestly can't stand Susan and was annoyed when Mike went back to her again! Just felt like perfect Susan gets what she wants again. I liked it when she had all that angst after the marriage broke down, made me feel more sympathetic toward her

Levian
06-10-2010, 12:18 AM
Bree: Rex cries when he ejaculates! *awkward silence*

Yes, I watch Desperate Housewives. I love black comedies and this is no exception. Felicity Huffman is an excellent actress, some of her performances are just chilling. She's my favorite probably, but they all have their moments in the sun. Overall great cast.

I was very pleased to see Paul back, if only for the possibility that Felicia Tillmann might come back. For those who don't remember her, she pumped blood out of her arm into blood packs for days, then she cut off two of her own fingers and smeared the blood all over Paul's apartment and fled town. This all happened in Season 2 and she hasn't come back. I like all the mindgames she played on Paul.

Fujiko
06-10-2010, 12:29 AM
PeneloRatsbane: I see! Well imo they're all annoying at one point or another. :p Susan reminds me of this klutzy friend of mine, at times. xD

Levian: Omg, I remember that awkward scene when Bree said that at the table. Pretty unforgettable! xDD Huffman is a great actress! But I found her a bit annoying when I first started watching the series. Can't remember why... oh maybe because she was treating Tom in a way that bothered me. ?__? But that annoyance was short-lived. I quite like her.

Also, I remember Tilman! xDD I want her back for the mindgames alone. :mwahaha:

McLovin'
06-10-2010, 12:42 AM
I read they're bringing that Felicia Tillman back for the next season. (season 7?)

Fujiko
06-10-2010, 12:44 AM
I read they're bringing that Felicia Tillman back for the next season. (season 7?)

Really? :eek: Awesome! :radred:

Levian
06-10-2010, 03:51 AM
Levian: Omg, I remember that awkward scene when Bree said that at the table. Pretty unforgettable! xDD Huffman is a great actress! But I found her a bit annoying when I first started watching the series. Can't remember why... oh maybe because she was treating Tom in a way that bothered me. ?__? But that annoyance was short-lived. I quite like her.

Bree, upon finding out her son is gay: Andrew, I would love you even if you were a murderer.

Well, that's encouraging. :D Bree was the reason I started watching the show, but her character has gotten stale. Maybe with her business being sold and Sam out of the picture she can start being awesome again.

Fujiko
06-10-2010, 03:51 PM

Bree, upon finding out her son is gay: Andrew, I would love you even if you were a murderer.

Well, that's encouraging. :D Bree was the reason I started watching the show, but her character has gotten stale. Maybe with her business being sold and Sam out of the picture she can start being awesome again.

Lol; though at first she didn't want to have to do with it when Rex told her that Andrew was gay. xD Also, I always liked Bree. ;)