PDA

View Full Version : (insert game title here) Fantasy

Mercen-X
06-09-2010, 07:21 PM
So seeing a thread here called No More Final Fantasy has inspired me. Given that we have a YouTube video serial by Monty Oum called Dead Fantasy, it seems now to be easy enough for anyone to propose a game mix by conjoining part of a game title with the word Fantasy (i.e. "No More Fantasy" would result in a combination of Final Fantasy and the Wii game No More Heroes)

With this as an option, what games do you think would sound good when combined and what would the title be?

I've got one already: "True Fantasy" combining characters/aspects of Final Fantasy with those from True Crime.

Or how about "The Last Fantasy" combined with The Last Airbender. Or "Sin & Fantasy" combined with Sin & Punishment. Maybe "Dual Fantasy" combined with Dual Hearts. Or "Wild Fantasy" combining with Wild Arms.

Bending Rules now:

1) The word Fantasy need not apply anymore. As long as it sounds believable as a YouTube vid title. Naturally, of course, as this is the General Final Fantasy thread and not Gen Gaming, Final Fantasy will be one of the games combined.

2) PLEASE tell which games you are combining. I still can't figure out where Fortune Fantasy comes from and whether Fatal Fantasy is from Fatal Fury or Fatal Frame or something else.

3) Try to explain why you personally think it'd be interesting to see and possibly name a couple of characters you'd like emphasized if they made a "Dead Fantasy"-style video of it.

Xanthia
06-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Hmm... Sonic Fantasy... Mixing popular hedgehog with popular FF characters @_@ They could collect rings together! So cute x3.

Seriously though... Trying to think.

Haha, I'm sorry but I have to use this one: Prince Fantasy. Combination of Prince of Perisa and Final Fantasy... This is a particularly good one as I already fantasize about the Prince ;). This game could be popular amongst teh ladies... ;);)

Or perhaps Shadow Fantasy... Combo between Shadow Hearts and Final Fantasy...

I really like you titles, nice work.

Chris
06-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Oddworld and Final Fantasy = Oddworld Fantasy

Love both, and the Oddworld universe would make for an interesting Final Fantasy game. :D

Mo-Nercy
06-10-2010, 06:09 AM
Grand Theft Fantasy

xD. It could work.

Mercen-X
06-10-2010, 08:51 AM
I love the idea of a Grand Theft Fantasy. Watching Final Fantasy characters boost rides like the Fenrir, the Hardy Daytona, and maybe even Magitek suits... priceless.
Hmm... Sonic Fantasy
Haha, I'm sorry but I have to use this one: Prince Fantasy. Or perhaps Shadow Fantasy... Who are the fastest characters in the FF franchise? Sephiroth and Cloud can move pretty fast. Weiss, Vincent (through cheating... he becomes Chaos), and Loz definitely qualify. Nanaki? A universe in which we see them interacting with the likes of Shadow & Silver... awesomes.
I would correct "Prince Fantasy" to "Prince of Fantasy" since Prince Fantasy sounds like either a delusional royal ass or a dork fantasizing about life as a prince. Anyway. If we toss in the last characters from the latest Prince odyssey, I think this'd be nice.
As for Shadow Fantasy... I love the characters, gameplay, battle-system, and storyline from the series. Unfortunately, their titles don't mesh sexily. Not sure if anyone other than I care about that though.

Oddworld and Final Fantasy = Oddworld Fantasy I'd shorten that to "Odd Fantasy". It already relays imagery of an odd fantasy world. This pretty much makes me think of 8-bit Theatre or Robot Chicken.

blackmage_nuke
06-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Metal Gear Fantasy. Some FF's already have a little stealth section

Greatermaximus
06-13-2010, 11:46 PM
Adding more modern tech like computer weapons might lead to 'Fatal Fantasy'. Giving it economics could change it to 'Fortune Fantasy'.

theundeadhero
06-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Fantasy City, mixing FF with Sin City.

Vermachtnis
06-14-2010, 12:20 AM
La Pucelle Fantasy, saving the world by beating the crap outta monsters with a pine tree.

Christmas
06-14-2010, 12:52 AM
EYES ON FINAL FANTASY

Roogle
06-14-2010, 06:15 PM
I am not a fan of crossover stories. If I had to come up with a series to merge Final Fantasy with, then I would choose the Lunar series. Lunar Fantasy? I guess it sounds all right.

Mercen-X
06-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Greatermaximus] 'Fatal Fantasy' 'Fortune Fantasy'
|Fatal Fury? I don't know where the Fortune is coming from.

Loony TuH] Fantasy City, mixing FF with Sin City.
|Good God, y'all.

Vermachtnis] La Pucelle Fantasy
|Might as well just say All of Nippon Fantasy.

Christmas] EYES ON FINAL FANTASY
|blink: I'm not sure what to picture here. A war between fanfic authors? Giving physical form to members based solely on username or avatar? I can't but :confused:

Roogle] Lunar Fantasy
|Nice choice.

I'm going to suggest Chrono Fantasy.

Greatermaximus
06-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Well, to try to justify it somehow...

I dunno, City Fantasy combining City of Heroes/Villians with it.

Zelda Fantasy.(They came out around the same time)

How 'bout Star Fantasy from Star Wars to mix oil and water themes.

Don't get me started on Fantasy Star.

champagne supernova
06-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Pulp Fantasy.

A combination of Pulp Fiction and Final Fantasy. Just think how good it would be.

It could be followed up with: Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Fantasies.

NeoCracker
06-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Final Trigger > Chrono Fantasy.

Just saying. :p