PDA

View Full Version : Shower vs. Bath

Xanthia
06-09-2010, 07:23 PM
One of the greatest battles known to man...

In the East corner we have 'Shower', and in the West we have 'Bath'.
Who will be the victor from this ruthless battle between these hydrophilic friends? It's up to you.

But seriously, the simple question is... which do you prefer? A shower or a bath...

Perhaps the answer changes under the condition. I don't know, if I did I wouldn't post this. Or maybe I would :|.

Showers can be fun, speedy and efficient... whereas a bath can tend to be more luxurious and time-consuming....

However viewpoints can be very different between the two! What was it... Chandler from FRIENDS once said that taking a bath was like stewing in your own filth. Okay granted that put me off baths for a little, but what the hey!
Add in some LUSH products and it's pure divine heaven!! <333

So for me a bath is the preferable option thanks to LUSH haha. Yeah...
Bath bombs FTW ^^;;

Tavrobel
06-09-2010, 07:27 PM
I only ever bother to shower.

Shin Gouken
06-09-2010, 07:29 PM
POWER SHOWER!!!!!

Inferno
06-09-2010, 07:30 PM
I think I was 12 the last time I took a bath

Xanthia
06-09-2010, 07:31 PM
I think it's time you were introduced to the world of LUSH... Seriously ;) Although shower jelly is funky. <_<

Vermachtnis
06-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Shower, I don't like being wet so the quicker the better.

oddler
06-09-2010, 07:40 PM
I remember that episode of Friends. :choc2:

I feel the same way as Chandler did. I'm a showerer.

Bunny
06-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Baths are disgusting.

Jings
06-09-2010, 07:49 PM
If I actually want to clean myself then a shower. If I just want to relax, then a bath.

Quindiana Jones
06-09-2010, 07:54 PM
You never realise how magnificent baths are until you have none. I haven't been in a bath for well over a year now. It's bee quick showers. Don't get me wrong, I love just standing under a good shower too. But by God...baths. :drool:

I love boiling hot baths. The ones that it hurts initially to be in. But, oddly enough, I like showers to be slightly colder than tepid really. Cold enough so that I can feel it's cold, but warm enough that I can stand under it.

Rodarian
06-09-2010, 07:56 PM
I rather take a warm shower... the water cascading down me body.. the soap trailin..... OH WAIT THIS IS A PG SITE!!!

XD XD

Inferno
06-09-2010, 08:02 PM
I rather take a warm shower... the water cascading down me body.. the soap trailin..... OH WAIT THIS IS A PG SITE!!!

XD XD

Then what !? What !? Go on !!

What the hell, I'm not gay

Zeldy
06-09-2010, 08:03 PM
I love a shower. I don't really have speed showers either, they're a good half an hour usually!

I get bored in baths, they're nice every now and then though, as a change to showers :)

Chris
06-09-2010, 08:07 PM
I hate taking baths, and the last bath I took was a decade ago. I hated it even as a kid. I never quite felt clean enough, if that makes any sense.

I take showers. Long showers, but showers of great pleasure.

Rodarian
06-09-2010, 08:30 PM

XD XD

Then what !? What !? Go on !!

What the hell, I'm not gay

It was meant as a self vanity of indulgence !:eep:

NorthernChaosGod
06-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Showers FTW. The last time I took a bath was a couple years ago with an ex. /smug

That's pretty much the only time I'd even consider taking a bath.

Aerith's Knight
06-09-2010, 09:09 PM
A shower every day keeps you clean along the way.

Shiny
06-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Baths are only as disgusting as the people who soak in them, but I prefer showers.

Breine
06-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Baths are really nice and relaxing, but they're a waste of water. At the end of the day I prefer showers.

Shin Gouken
06-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Showers FTW. The last time I took a bath was a couple years ago with an ex. /smug

That right there is the only time i take baths... hot naked wet soapy girls :hyper:

Chloe.
06-09-2010, 09:44 PM
I definitely prefer showers, they're quicker and cleaner. But at the moment our shower is broken and so I have to have a bath everyday, it takes so long to wash my hair because I have to use this jug thing to rinse it and my hair is really long. :(

Baths are nice for relaxing though and I love bubble bath!

G13
06-09-2010, 09:49 PM

You can do that in the shower too dude. In fact, I'd prefer that. I don't fit in a bath tub as it is.

If you fart in a bath you're bathing in a fart. It is for that reason alone that I am a shower man.

Rye
06-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Showers are for cleaning, baths are for reading and relaxing sore muscles in the warm water.

I feel kind of like I'm bathing in my own dirt (which I suppose baths are if you just jump right in), so I tend to take a quick shower first, and then I take a bath after and read in the tub.

NorthernChaosGod
06-09-2010, 10:22 PM

You can do that in the shower too dude. In fact, I'd prefer that. I don't fit in a bath tub as it is.

If you fart in a bath you're bathing in a fart. It is for that reason alone that I am a shower man.
Yeah, but a bath is like a jacuzzi that everyone has and you can be naked.

They were never real baths, more like just laying down with each other naked. And... stuff. :shifty:

Momiji
06-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Baths are very relaxing, so if I have the time, I'll happily take one.

I always take a shower afterward, though.

I'd say my vote goes for both.

Shin Gouken
06-09-2010, 10:32 PM

Think larger baths (like in hotel rooms) candles and a bottle of wine. A quickie in the shower is good too but if i'm sharing with a girl, a romantic bath wins for me

Rebellious Eagle
06-09-2010, 10:55 PM
I don't take a bath unless I'm sick. So showers for the win!

BarelySeeAtAll
06-09-2010, 11:05 PM
God I love your threads.

Showers for the lazy people.

Fujiko
06-10-2010, 12:11 AM
I agree with Jings and Momiji: I always take showers (and only showers get you clean), but in the rare occasion I need to relax in hot water, I take a bath for that only, and then take a shower afterward.

rubah
06-10-2010, 12:38 AM
I shower first, then sit down to shave my legs. They're so far down, otherwise!

Fujiko
06-10-2010, 12:42 AM
rubah, you ought to shave your legs before you take the shower; the skin is especially delicate after being exposed to water for some time. :aimkiss:

Levian
06-10-2010, 12:44 AM
I'm disgusted at you all. This is a gaming site, you're not supposed to shower, smurfing casual gamers!

told u i was hardcore

Fujiko
06-10-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm disgusted at you all. This is a gaming site, you're not supposed to shower, smurfing casual gamers!

told u i was hardcore

*backspin-kicks*

Yar
06-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Baths are fun. Just add hella bubbles, grab a laptop and set it up out of the tub and watch a DVD and just stewwwwww

qwertysaur
06-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Shower is for getting clean. Bath is for relaxation.

The only thing to remember is that Mr. Toaster is the worst possible bath buddy. :p

NorthernChaosGod
06-10-2010, 01:00 AM

Think larger baths (like in hotel rooms) candles and a bottle of wine. A quickie in the shower is good too but if i'm sharing with a girl, a romantic bath wins for me
See? This man knows where it's at. *hi5*

Mo-Nercy
06-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Kramer: I just took a bath, Jerry. A bath!
Jerry: No good?
Kramer: It's disgusting. I'm sitting there in a tepid pool of my own filth. All kinds of microscopic parasites and organisms having sex all around me.
Yeah. Shower > Bath.

Bunny
06-10-2010, 01:07 AM

Romance is boring.

Shiny
06-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Baths are fun. Just add hella bubbles, grab a laptop and set it up out of the tub and watch a DVD and just stewwwwww

Yay electrocution! :stare:

rubah
06-10-2010, 01:10 AM
rubah, you ought to shave your legs before you take the shower; the skin is especially delicate after being exposed to water for some time. :aimkiss:

I thought dry shaving was supposed to be bad! It looks bad, anyway

blackmage_nuke
06-10-2010, 01:11 AM
I never know what to do in a bath except sit. If i move about too much I get water on the floor. And when I get out I dont feel clean. I took one a while ago and I ended up showering afterwards anyway.

G13
06-10-2010, 01:12 AM

Romance is boring.

qwertysaur
06-10-2010, 01:24 AM

Yay electrocution! :stare:

Zeromus_X
06-10-2010, 01:26 AM
Showers.

The place I live at only has a bathtub; no shower. =/ Have to improvise by using a cup or pitcher since soaking in the tub is incredibly gross.

Yar
06-10-2010, 01:27 AM

Yay electrocution!

Yeah really. I just close the toilet lid and set it there. It's perfect viewing height!

Fujiko
06-10-2010, 01:44 AM

I thought dry shaving was supposed to be bad! It looks bad, anyway

No, not dry, it's important that the skin is moist when you shave; it's just that the skin gets really delicate after being soaked for a long time in the water, that you can more easily cut yourself (guess it also depends on how long you shower!). If I don't feel like troubling myself with Veet wax, I use Veet in-shower cream that needs to sit for 3-4 minutes before you can start removing the hair; so for that you're advised to shave/remove the hair while you're showering when using it. I just know it's not too nice for the skin if you shave/pluck/wax after being exposed to water for a longer time; though it's easier to shave after, it's best to shave whilst taking a shower and being aware not to soak for too long before. :D

Momiji
06-10-2010, 01:55 AM

Oh wow.

I need to try this sometime. :|

Normally I just lay back and ponder stuff until I fall asleep.

This seems more interesting.

Iceglow
06-10-2010, 02:33 AM
I don't have a bath in my flat therefore I'm kinda forced in to saying Shower, however nothing beats this one place I went to with a jaccuzzi bath-tub seriously freaking awesome if I ever got to design/buy my ideal home thats the kind of bath-tub I want but I want a seperate shower so I can still have a quick shower before work/when not feeling like a bath.

rubah
06-10-2010, 02:36 AM
You don't soak your legs in a shower though, sara! Only the bottoms of your feet xD

I've used veet before, and it didn't work very well for me anyway.

Psychotic
06-10-2010, 02:38 AM
Showers are for cleaning, baths are for reading and relaxing sore muscles in the warm water.Exactly! I don't have the time to have a bath every morning before I go to work, so showers are more convienient. I try to have a bath once every couple of weeks or so just 'cause they're really relaxing.

fire_of_avalon
06-10-2010, 03:22 AM
I like both, but only when the tub I'm using is freshly cleaned and no one else has showered in it yet. As far as baths go anyway.

I think I'll take a shower here in just a little bit.

Raistlin
06-10-2010, 03:30 AM
Shower, definitely. It's been many years since my last bath.

rubah
06-10-2010, 04:06 AM
It's been many years since my last bath.

where's the closest out of context quotes thread?

Christmas
06-10-2010, 05:17 AM
I remember the last time my friends and I time travelled together, we bathed together and it was pretty fun. :kaoclove:

EDIT: I think the correct term is called "Sauna" :kaoclove:

But usually during normal days, I will shower due to space constraint and besides, it's faster! :bigsmile:

Rodarian
06-10-2010, 06:12 AM
*dreams a bath full of bubbles and roses and imagines a certain lady*

Yay! :excited:

Agent Proto
06-10-2010, 06:20 AM
I prefer showers! :D One time I tried taking a bath but I noticed that I'm too big for the bathtub. :( Which really sucks. Baths can be very relaxing. Le sigh.

Fujiko
06-10-2010, 04:14 PM
You don't soak your legs in a shower though, sara! Only the bottoms of your feet xD

I've used veet before, and it didn't work very well for me anyway.

I know, that's not what I meant, Allie. xD I'm saying the skin cells shouldn't be exposed to water for too long if you want to shave or pluck or wax afterwards (regardless if your skin is soaked in still water like in a bath, or exposed to continuously running water like in a shower). I mean, I for one stay in the shower for at least 30 min, which is too long. xD

Veet is awesome. Always worked for me~ :love:

Shiny
06-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Veet almost burnt my entire leg off, but that was on own fault because I decided to get ice cream in between shaving my legs.

Imperfectionist
06-10-2010, 10:57 PM
I hate veet, doesn't work :mad2: I never knew about the whole not shaving after being in water for ages, I thought that was the best way to do it.

Yeah, my bath/shower is weird so I have to do both at the same time XD my shower isn't fixed to the wall so you have to hold it above your head, but I can't be bothered to stand up and hold it so I always sit in the bath while holding it. I put the plug in a let the bath fill up really slowly while showering :D

Shin Gouken
06-10-2010, 11:00 PM
I hate veet, doesn't work :mad2: I never knew about the whole not shaving after being in water for ages, I thought that was the best way to do it.

Yeah, my bath/shower is weird so I have to do both at the same time XD my shower isn't fixed to the wall so you have to hold it above your head, but I can't be bothered to stand up and hold it so I always sit in the bath while holding it. I put the plug in a let the bath fill up really slowly while showering :D

Wow, you really paint a picture...

Imperfectionist
06-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Haha it's difficult to describe! Not a bath, not a shower: a shath! Or a bower... or something :shifty:

The Space Pope
06-11-2010, 03:27 PM
I groom myself clean. Like a cat.

Loony BoB
06-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Showers are far superior.

Araciel
06-11-2010, 06:31 PM
I can't fit in my bath tub.

I run the shower but plug the drain so as to soak my toenails and keep them clean.

The Space Pope
06-12-2010, 01:24 AM
Showers are far superior.
You haven't LIVED until you've experienced the joy of tonguing yourself.