PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever play this game?

Tokimadoushi
06-10-2010, 07:27 AM
I am looking for an old NES game I really enjoyed as a child. I can't find the cartridge and it was all in Japanese so I have NO idea what it's called!

You start off as 2 characters, a guy in blue and red who looks a bit like superman with a mask on, and a blonde girl wearing pink. You go through six levels (I think) rescuing other characters that include a gorilla, a small boy, an Easter Island head and a guy/girl with red hair. At the end you go into space in a plane and fight a massive she-demon.

Anyone heard of or played this game?? I've searched through tons of NES roms, tried to search for the characters/descriptions on the net but nothing...it must be out there somewhere! :( I've found every NES game I used to play as a kid except that one (which happened to be my favorite). Any help would be appreciated!!

Vyk
06-10-2010, 08:12 AM
How did you come across a Japanese NES game? And how did you play it? I'm pretty sure NES was slightly region locked. So I'm guessing you had a Famicom. Was it a side scroller, or overhead? Your search is probably going to be a hard one. I can imagine there were probably 10 times as many NES games released for Japanese than there were any other languages

blackmage_nuke
06-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Typed "japanese nes platformers gorilla easter island statue" into google and one of the results was "Wai Wai World".

After another quick google i got this
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/tchirath/konami-waiwai-world-box.jpg
Seems to fit the description

Tokimadoushi
06-10-2010, 08:26 AM
OMFG Black mage I love you so much right now!!! That's the game!!! Thank you SOOO much!!! :eek::eek::eek:

How did you come across a Japanese NES game? And how did you play it? I'm pretty sure NES was slightly region locked. So I'm guessing you had a Famicom. Was it a side scroller, or overhead? Your search is probably going to be a hard one. I can imagine there were probably 10 times as many NES games released for Japanese than there were any other languages

I have no idea what I had back then, I had many many NES games in Japanese - in fact almost none of my games were in English. Had Mario 3, Mickey Mouse, Contra, etc to name a few all in Japanese...my older brother found the english names and just wrote them on the cartridges for me :p I'm from South Africa so I'm not sure if Famicom games made it here...