PDA

View Full Version : Artemis Fowl Series

Forsaken Lover
06-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Having grown up with Harry Potter like many of my generation, I was intrigued by this other fantasy series.

...it couldn't be more different than HP.

I like them both but it's nice to have a hero with a brain. If Harry had the intelligence of the lint that lines Artemis' pockets, he might have been vaguely likable.

Anyway, I really enjoy the series and I just finished all 6 books that are out in preparation for Atlantis Complex.

Anyone else here read the series? Your thoughts?

Imperfectionist
06-12-2010, 01:27 AM
I loved Artemis Fowl! :D I can't remember how many of the series I actually read though...

Anyway I loved Foaly (I think that was his name...) and his tin hat! :love:

Rye
06-12-2010, 01:30 AM
I think the first Artemis Fowl book is one of the best YA fantasy books out there. I like the second and third as well. I think after that, the quality started to really teeter off, but I did like the most recent book. Overall, I like the series a lot! I wish they'd make that movie of it, but they'd probably do it wrong and kill it, like they killed Ella Enchanted for me. ;_;

rubah
06-12-2010, 02:16 AM
there were more than three? weird

I bought the first three, but didn't really care for them much. I've bookmooched 67% of them since then

Rye
06-12-2010, 05:29 PM
I think he's making the seventh or the eight now, but I'm not sure if I'm confusing that with some of his other non-Artemis Fowl books he's put out in the time between.

Vyk
06-21-2010, 02:05 AM
I got one of them I think when I was younger and never read it. It sounded intriguing, but it kept getting lost. I think I still have it somewhere. In a box >_>

Clo
06-21-2010, 03:44 AM
I read one for a book club I ran for little kids. I didn't really enjoy it, there's other YA fantasy books I find much better.

Also, I dun like how Eoin Colfer wrote a Douglas Adams book. :mad2: Then again, I haven't read it, so it might be good, but it's not Douglas Adams!

Goldenboko
06-21-2010, 03:46 AM
there were more than three? weird

What I thought. I really loved the first Artemis Fowl book, but once he wasn't a villain anymore it felt weird. I liked the change in how you look at your hero as a sorta d-bag.

Hollycat
06-21-2010, 11:51 PM
I have been an AF fan scince the nineties, and am glad others are reading it, if you like it, you will LOVE^36 Pendragon by dj machale