PDA

View Full Version : Competition

Laddy
06-13-2010, 09:38 PM
What competitve things do you like to do?

Much to the chagrin of my fellow Americans, I fence, although smurfing nobody around here does, I wholeheartedly enjoy it. I play soccer, so I actually watch the World Cup. I was an All-Star Tennessee goalkeeper, though I never play offense as my ball control is complete :bou::bou::bou::bou:. I swim, and I'm pretty gosh darn good at keeping myself afloat, though I never wanted to swim competitvely. I am also quite good at games such as Texas Hold 'Em, Blackjack, and Snatcher. I play Risk pretty damn well too. I also play in Sould Calibur, Dance Dance Revolution, and Guild Wars tournaments for fun.

My true passion is Online Survivor. I was selected for my first season and was the last person eliminated at 3rd place. I was known as the Villain for that season, organzing every single elimination. I was invited back for All-Stars, in which I played a good game as a member of an underdog alliance, earning a respectable 9th place. I was invited back again just a few months ago for Heroes vs. Villains, as a Villain, in which I won, again by mindsmurfing everyone. I have been inducted into the Host's Hall of Fame five times, once for 5 Best Players, once for 5 Best Villains, and twice for 5 Best Moves. ^^

Mo-Nercy
06-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Back when Soul Calibur had an arcade community (the last one being SC2), I played in a few tournaments. Didn't go too well in any of them, because I was too much of a reactive Guard Impacter and GI-ing out of instinct instead of logic. I was pretty bad at playing defensively in general, which is a big requirement for tournament play in a lot of fighting games. I'm better now, but SC has since drastically changed the movesets and inputs for a lot of characters I liked to use, and I haven't really put the time into it to re-learn it all, so I've become super-reliant on one character.

I was in the volleyball team that won the state championships back in high school. Actually, I was in and out of the team most of the season, going in between the reserve grade and first grade. I don't think the coaches quite knew where to stick me. One of the other guys actually got accepted into the Australian Institute of Sport and played for Australia for a few years, so that was pretty cool for him. I was never at that level though. xD

And on a smaller scale, I'm very competitive when it comes to drinking games. I pretty confident in my ability to out-play (and out-drink if need be) most of my friends. I always push for a special version of Snap to be played that includes about half a dozen new combinations of cards that can be snapped. ^^

Greatermaximus
06-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Mostly games that challenge my mental prowess because physical sports are too easy. I'm sure you can figure out where I do it.

LunarWeaver
06-13-2010, 10:13 PM
I referee Team Edward vs. Team Jacob death matches sometimes.

fire_of_avalon
06-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Board games. Any board games. All board games. But especially Scrabble.

I will fuck your world up with Scrabble.

Miriel
06-13-2010, 10:48 PM
RIIIISSK!

It's the ultimate game! I'm also really good at Charades/Taboo/Cranium.

Rye
06-13-2010, 10:54 PM
I love Scrabble. I played it a lot with Huxley in England over here for Christmas, but I forgot about it until recently, when I went to Starbucks during a work break and saw a bunch of older people having a Scrabble tournament. It was so cute, I wanted to play, but I had to go back to work. :(

Shlup
06-13-2010, 10:54 PM
I like card games and word games. I am the bestest at Scattegories.

Raistlin
06-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Most often: basketball (during school year), poker (during summer).

Also enjoy: soccer, tennis, other card/board games.

rubah
06-14-2010, 12:40 AM
you should stop victimizing yourself so much, Laddy xD I doubt other Americans give a :bou::bou::bou::bou: whether you fence or not xD I for one am pleased, because fencing is cool.

I'm pretty competitive, and thus a terrible person to play board games with. Especially around my dad and kishi, both of whom I can give the puppy dog eyes to :kaolove2:

Iceglow
06-14-2010, 01:27 AM
I am pretty laid back in general but Paul tends to bring my competitive streak to the fore. Especially on Halo. Do get quite competitive with Pool but don't like to put money on my games though on the rare occassion I have, I have won the game outright.

Laddy
06-14-2010, 01:28 AM
The post was originally going to state how much I hate American Football, but the first part stayed because I'm a tard. It came off as self-pitiful when I wasn't trying to.

Marshall Banana
06-14-2010, 01:31 AM
AZUMANGA DAIOH PUZZLE BOBBLE! Grrr!

rubah
06-14-2010, 01:40 AM
it's okay to hate on american football 8)

NorthernChaosGod
06-14-2010, 03:30 AM
Dude, I'd fence if I had the time/money.

As for the topic: football, lacrosse, hockey and Xbox Live. /smug

Shorty
06-14-2010, 03:33 AM
I get competitive at pranks and payback pranks. I don't let things go.

The Man
06-14-2010, 03:34 AM
I'm probably the least competitive person on the planet. I can't think of any competitive things I do anymore.