PDA

View Full Version : =^_^= Kitties!!

~*~Celes~*~
06-14-2010, 07:54 PM
A year ago, my cat ran away. Last Sunday, we found out that he's still in our old neighborhood, hanging out with his "cougar" (family friend's cat named Sassy, who was born when I was about 9, which makes her about 10, almost 11 years old), so I told my mom to just let him stay there because he's happy. She was still indecisive, until this one came along:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/celeschere08/Picture678.jpg

Yesterday, I was doing the dishes when my brother called me to the kitchen window and in his arms was one of the cutest cats EVAR. I wasn't going to go see her because I didn't want to get disappointed if my dad said no to keeping her, so I stayed in, but I couldn't help myself. I went outside on the front porch with her and immediately she chirruped, ran over to me, and started nuzzling, purring, etc, as if I'd owned her my entire life. I fell in love, and instantly dubbed her Miss Fancy Pants, Fancy for short (she's a Tuxedo breed :3). My mom refused to come out and see her for the same reason i initially did, but finally caved, and had the same instant attachment I did. She tried to come inside the house when Ronnie opened the front door to see her, as if to say "you ARE my family and that's FINAL," but because dad had said we can't have her, Ronnie had to shoo her outside.

When I was about to go to bed around 3 am, I heard her meowing outside the back door, so I decided to check on her to see what was going on. Here she was sitting on our back steps, meowing in the direction of my window. I wasn't going to go out there because I had a feeling I'd end up bringing her inside for the night even though dad said we couldn't have her, but I couldn't help myself, so I sat there with her, petting/stroking/scratching her, and told her I would most definitely bring her in if I wasn't afraid of getting in trouble over it. So I brought her out some dog food (due to a lack of cat food in our house) and she munched away happily as i sat out there and kept her company. I eventually went inside to go to bed after sending nano a nice long "GUESS WHAT ^____________________^" message about the kitty.

This morning, I was woken up by a cat jumping onto my bed, followed by my mom, who informed me that my dad knows of the cat and we've decided we can keep her. I was half asleep so I don't remember much of the convo, but WHO CARES CAUSE I HAVE A KITTY NOW :3

Fancy is the sweetest cat ever. She loves all of us even though she doesn't know us that well yet, and she's extremely friendly, seems to be flea, tick, and worm-free. Has all of her claws. My mom thinks that maybe her previous owners had to move and couldn't take her so they left her behind. I think she's a sign that everything is going to be alright.

Moar pix of Fancy:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/celeschere08/Picture675.jpg
Stalking a fly!

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/celeschere08/Picture676.jpg
Up close and personal :3

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/celeschere08/Picture680.jpg
Sleeping <3

Peegee
06-14-2010, 07:59 PM
For a stray she's pretty healthy looking. Are you going to have to take her to the vet for all of the checks?

This is a little off topic but when I was in university we adopted a stray puppy that was just running around on the street. She (the dog) kept running into traffic while my roommate Lindsey was screaming at her (the dog) to come back. So naturally the dog followed her home.

I wish I had pics of Izzy. I think there was one but this was the age before 2 dollar cell phone cameras and digicams that can be bought for pennies. ><

Anyway, adopting a pet is always fun! Didn't Sheffie make a similar announcement?

Chris
06-14-2010, 08:02 PM
For a stray she's pretty healthy looking. Are you going to have to take her to the vet for all of the checks?

I was gonna say! You can't be certain of anything these days. :(

She looks absolutely adorable, though. I love cats, as they cannot destroy me like a dog can.

Marshall Banana
06-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Don't be fooled. That cat -- it owns you now.

Zeldy
06-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Don't be fooled. That cat -- it owns you now.

This, definitely.

Our cat is the queen of the household. She's so cute though that we don't mind. :}

Rebellious Eagle
06-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Wow, she looks exactly like one of my cats! She's adorable. <3

Miriel
06-14-2010, 08:45 PM
My mom thinks that maybe her previous owners had to move and couldn't take her so they left her behind. I think she's a sign that everything is going to be alright.

Arghghqetoefoewr!!.

One of my parent's neighbors just did this and their kitty has been wandering around the neighborhood getting skinnier and skinnier. Poor little guy! It's been tough trying to find someone who would be willing to adopt the kitty (although kikimm said she might!) and I've been reluctant to take him to a shelter. If I didn't have dogs, I would take him in an instant. I don't live nearby, but I have someone going over to my parent's neighborhood to feed the kitty everyday. So he's ok for now, but I really want to find him a home.

This was the kitty last December when he still had a home:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/Picture1-16.png

He's MUCH skinnier now.

I think there should be laws against abandoning your pets. :mad2:

I'm glad you'll be able to keep Fancy! Every pet deserves a loving home.

~*~Celes~*~
06-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Yeah we're taking her to the vet as soon as we can to get her checked out just in case. Hopefully she doesn't actually belong to someone :x

She's very vocal and loveable :3 Eating meow mix as we speak!

Stephie adopted a stray as well, yes.

@Miriel: I totally agree. People should do everything they can to make sure their pets have a home before they move. Strays make me so sad :(

qwertysaur
06-14-2010, 09:20 PM
KITTY! :cat: :cat: :cat:

Iceglow
06-14-2010, 09:48 PM
The only thing cats respond to with respect is bigger cats. Therefore when my mom got Jess and she started swiping at people and hissing I did the exact same back, I didn't hit her hard with my hand like a slap I'd just lock my hand in to a claw like position similar to that of a cat's paw as they strike and slowly proved "I can do that too but I'm bigger and tougher than you!" That along with generically bonding with the cat with cat like gestures (rubbing cheeks with her for example) allowed me to become exempt from the "hissing/swiping/I own you bitch!" type behaviour, if only it worked with female humans.

~*~Celes~*~
06-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Dad had me bring Fancy to meet Abby so that she would know that Fancy isn't an intruder and that she is not to pick on her. I don't think we have to worry about that though, seeing as how the first reaction Fancy had was to swipe at Abby's face all angry-like and Abby's reaction was to wag her stub and try to start a game of chase xD We're still keeping an eye out though in case Abby turns against her.

And thus, Fancy has crowned herself Queen of the Pets.

Madame Adequate
06-15-2010, 12:06 AM
KITTY! <3

Also abandoning a pet should carry the same penalties as abandoning a child. And it will when I am in charge.

~*~Celes~*~
06-15-2010, 12:08 AM
In that case, Hux, I will gladly be your minion!

Jings
06-15-2010, 12:18 AM
Cats are cute and fuzzy and adorable and all that, until they get too close. When that happens I have to spend the next few hours recovering from swollen eyes and sneezing fits. :(

Laddy
06-15-2010, 12:52 AM
So cuuuute~

I have two cats, aged at 10, making them 55(?) years in cat years. The are both fat and pissed at my corgi. They despise all humans except for me and my mother.

Mo-Nercy
06-15-2010, 12:56 AM
EoFF can never have too many kitty threads xDD

Aurey
06-15-2010, 01:19 AM
Oooh, Fancy! Awesome name! She is very cute, I'm glad that she's good to you guys. ;}

My cat is kind of a bitch, but she is too cute and sassy it's hard to hold it against her. She is also in perfect health, which is something our past cats have not been equipped with, unfortunately. She is like a petite lioness, on the prowl all the time. Except during nap time, she doesn't like it when you wake her:

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww217/baisle/3.jpg

Also, I find female cats have a lot more personality and fierceness in comparison to males.

Miriel
06-15-2010, 01:19 AM
Cats are cute and fuzzy and adorable and all that, until they get too close. When that happens I have to spend the next few hours recovering from swollen eyes and sneezing fits. :(

I'm so glad I'm not allergic! Soooo many people I know are allergic, I didn't know it was so common until I tried finding a home for the kitty. I think I would die if I were allergic to cats and dogs. The inability to cuddle these creatures? Oh my. :(

~*~Celes~*~
06-15-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm allergic to dogs, at least, but I don't know about cats. Makes cleaning for my grandparents hard because they have a dog and the whole time I'm having to itch my nose and try not to rub my eyes because they itch :(

Rye
06-15-2010, 01:35 AM
All the cats in this thread are so pretty. ;__;

I really want one so badly, but my Mom says any furry pets are forbidden, and if I try to sneak in an adopted kitten, I'll have to take him back and I'll be in big trouble. I feel 6 years old again. =(

At least I'll be able to snuggle with the kittens in Hux's house when I visit. They love me. I never considered myself a cat person, but I must be a cat whisperer, because all of the cats that Hux's parents and granny own have taken to me really fast, and lick my hands and snuggle up with me.