PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Sephex
06-15-2010, 01:06 AM
YouTube - Metal Gear Solid: Rising Gameplay - (Reveal E3 2010) [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvnAG2PicH8)

Yes.

Fine, it probably won't be all stealthy, but I have faith that Kojima will do this right.

JKTrix
06-15-2010, 01:39 AM
If by 'Kojima' you mean 'Kojima Productions'. This is not Kojima's game.

Edit: glad to see this video included the extra bit at the end. For several hours after the conference, all the videos of Rising cut off that bit at the end.

Kind of interesting to see a gameplay gimmick from Afro Samurai make its way into this game.

Bolivar
06-15-2010, 03:01 PM
This game looks to be unashamedly, gratuitously violent. Set in the Metal Gear universe, I'm down!

My expectations aren't entirely inflated though since this is not a Hideo Kojima game. So maybe it'll end up wowing me in the end and I'll be overappreciative.

Pete for President
06-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Looked kinda cool, even while I'm not really into hack 'n slash. I wish they'd give the MGS series a rest though. MGS 4 remains the big finale to me.

Raebus
06-15-2010, 10:01 PM
It looks fantastic and seems to be less stealth and more action, which I'm all for. :)

Depression Moon
06-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Looked kinda cool, even while I'm not really into hack 'n slash. I wish they'd give the MGS series a rest though. MGS 4 remains the big finale to me.

Yep same goes for a lot of games that supposedly were supposed to end. God of War, Halo, etc.

Bolivar
06-16-2010, 06:14 AM

Yep same goes for a lot of games that supposedly were supposed to end. God of War, Halo, etc.

While I do agree, it does take away from the attempted "finale," at the end of the day I can't complain.

Peace Walker was great.

Mirage
06-17-2010, 05:38 PM
This is probably a buy for me.

seiferalmasy2
06-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Another example of:

Graphics over substance
Dumbed down to a FPS or hack and slash rather than what made the series great (started with MGS4)

Trying to look cool at the expense of gameplay
using Graphics as a selling point.

I am sure it will be a huge success, as gamerz ths dayz seem 2 swallow all tht iz chucked at them. I am still waiting for an intelligent MGS or FF game on the PS3, I doubt it will be arriving.

ps. Graffix innit.

It looks fantastic and seems to be less stealth and more action, which I'm all for.

You might be all for it, but some of us, rather stupidly, expect an MGS game to be a stealth game.... I guess I would prefer Halo to be a survival horror with Puzzles...let's see how that goes down.

Slothy
06-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Another example of:

Graphics over substance
Dumbed down to a FPS rather than what made the series great (started with MGS4)

You know it's not an FPS right? I think it's also worth pointing out that at this point there's almost nothing known about how it plays so condemning it for being nothing but graphics over substance when you don't even know how it plays is rather ridiculous.

You might be all for it, but some of us, rather stupidly, expect an MGS game to be a stealth game.... I guess I would prefer Halo to be a survival horror with Puzzles...let's see how that goes down.

You have more than a few stealth games in the series to pick from. Hell, Peace Walker just came out even and there was MGS4 before that (perhaps the best MGS game available when it comes to sheer variety in gameplay). I don't see why releasing a more action oriented spin off is necessarily a bad thing, or why it seems to offend you so much. Don't like it? Don't play it, but at least wait until you know something about it before you start ripping into it.

Mirage
06-17-2010, 08:45 PM
Another example of:

Graphics over substance

I am sure it will be a huge success, as gamerz ths dayz seem 2 swallow all tht iz chucked at them. I am still waiting for an intelligent MGS or FF game on the PS3, I doubt it will be arriving.

ps. Graffix innit.
How do you know it won't have any substance?
Oh, that's right, you don't.

You call it a FPS (first person shooter) when the trailer is not from a first person perspective, and the main character does not even wield anything similar to a gun.

Dreddz
06-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Looking good so far but Raiden seems to breezing through those guys way too quick. Not much depth there. Obviously need to see more but so far the game doesnt look like it can sustain itself for too long.

Slothy
06-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Looking good so far but Raiden seems to breezing through those guys way too quick. Not much depth there. Obviously need to see more but so far the game doesnt look like it can sustain itself for too long.

Because a trailer that showed Raiden getting killed a lot would make it look more appealing?

It was meant to show off the ability to hack things into little pieces. Again, we haven't seen nearly enough to have the slightest idea how it will play, how much depth it will have, or how long the experience can remain fun. It was a trailer that literally showed one element of the game.

seiferalmasy2
06-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Another example of:

Graphics over substance

ps. Graffix innit.

You call it a FPS (first person shooter) when the trailer is not from a first person perspective, and the main character does not even wield anything similar to a gun.

Ok then, near-FPS. Same basic hack n slash nature. Or do you prefer 360 degree movable camera hack n slash action game.

Will that do you and your technicalities? The difference to MGS1,2,3 couldn't be more obvious.

Mirage
06-20-2010, 01:23 AM
It's not a "near-FPS", seriously. It's no more FPS than other hack and slash games. From what has been revealed so far, it's got more in common with Ninja Gaiden Sigma than *any* FPS. Or are you going to tell me NGS is is nearly the same as Halo or killzone?

Jibril
06-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Another example of:

Graphics over substance

ps. Graffix innit.

Ok then, near-FPS. Same basic hack n slash nature. Or do you prefer 360 degree movable camera hack n slash action game.

Will that do you and your technicalities? The difference to MGS1,2,3 couldn't be more obvious.
There's a reason it's not called "Metal Gear Solid 5." Should we start crucifying every developer who uses an existing franchise to experiment with a different genre?

Game looks pretty good. Stop frontin'.

Sephex
06-20-2010, 02:41 AM
I forgot to put these in my first post. It seems like some people are reacting like this:
They Changed It Now It Sucks - Television Tropes & Idioms (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks)

Because of this:
Unpleasable Fanbase - Television Tropes & Idioms (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnpleasableFanbase)