PDA

View Full Version : The pretty boys

Shin Gouken
06-15-2010, 07:37 PM
That's me, Loony RoD and Hot Shot... too pretty to be men, we are pretty boys :cool:

This thread is aimed at the girls. Do you like pretty boys, or men who're a bit rough around the edges? What puts you off about a guys appearance (long hair, piercings, tatoos, dress sense etc)

Yes this is a bit shallow and i'm sure many of you are thinking "looks don't matter" and though that's true, we all still have preferences so what are yours?

*Waits for Cuchulainn to disaprove*

Rodarian
06-15-2010, 07:43 PM
You had to start this thread..

Yes I have fully embraced the fact that I'll never be uber sexy....

I'm simply a pretty boy... *bats eyelashes* :P

But the hell if someone denies me my beer and steak!!! How dare they if they do take them away!! :doublecolbert:

Peegee
06-15-2010, 07:45 PM
I've been called everything from 'will never be attractive to me' to 'hot', which leads me to conclude women have no idea what they're talking about.

Chris
06-15-2010, 07:56 PM
I have attained the ability to be rough, but tender when needed. :cool:

Also, the question of attraction is completely tricky. What girl/guy finds attractive in one person, whatever that is, can also be something that the said person finds utterly repulsive in another. When discussed, the concept of attraction should be directed at one specific person, and not generally, as I think it is almost impossible to be attracted to one specific type of beauty, generally speaking. No one person is the same. Not even identical twins. :D

Freya
06-15-2010, 08:03 PM
I still will never find you attractive PG if that's any consolation.

Pretty boys are pretty to LOOK at but I like my guys manly.

Aerith's Knight
06-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Yes this is a bit shallow

Yes... Yes, you are.

G13
06-15-2010, 08:11 PM

This is my favorite part! :jess:

Clo
06-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Eh, I've been with everything along the pretty boy/tough guy spectrum, and in the end all that matters is how nice they are to me and whether we have similiar interests or not.

A boring response, but its true.

Cuchulainn
06-15-2010, 08:20 PM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/2005309swsw.gif

In topic I think I'm about as far removed from a pretty boy as you'll get.

Peegee
06-15-2010, 08:22 PM
not even identical twins

See - that's what I mean. If one twin is hot the other one must be hot too. At least for shallow thinking guys, we wouldn't have a problem with twin girls. However twins only LOOK the same - they may behave very differently or jive with you differently: that's important.

Usually in these conversations the general consensus is:

cute
pretty
hot

In order of attractiveness. However when personality is factored in, attractiveness goes out the window :)

Bunny
06-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Boys are icky :(

~*~Celes~*~
06-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I, too, like manly men. Facial hair, calloused hands, chest hair, nice, firm grip but gentle at the same time...can be rough with me and also sweet and loving..I like a nice medium :D but I definitely prefer rugged in the looks department. I prefer to be the pretty one in the relationship :jess:

Rye
06-15-2010, 08:38 PM
I like tall and lean guys. Honestly I'm not too picky but I prefer the 5 o clock shadow look on men who can pull it off, and guys who dress sharply.

I could go for anything except someone close to my 5'0",height, or a super obese guy, truthfully. It depends how it looks on the person in question.

qwertysaur
06-15-2010, 08:43 PM
this thread contradicts the usertitle of the maker :(

~*~Celes~*~
06-15-2010, 08:47 PM
I think this thread is a sign of his acceptance. :bigsmile:

I'm 4' 10 1/2" dating a 5' 3" guy. I actually love having someone who's close enough to my height, but still taller than me, makes it easier to kiss him and stuff :D

Brunettepudding
06-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Pretty boys make me gag.

Cuchulainn
06-15-2010, 09:00 PM
The females on this forum have remarkably good taste.

Madame Adequate
06-15-2010, 09:01 PM
I like my boys to be 50 feet tall and bristling with WMD-level armaments.

Aerith's Knight
06-15-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm 4' 10 1/2'

Wait.. what? Under 5 feet? 0_o

You can nearly walk under my table without ducking.

Shlup
06-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I like a good boy with a naughty streak. Looks come second. I have dated guys of all shapes, sizes and colors (except for Asian dudes, I mean really).

The one I married, however, is tall-ish and lean with lively eyes and an penchant for mischief. And a perky bum. We have fun. He goads me into jumping from high places and I coax him into skinny dipping.

I'm not a "pretty girl" so I wouldn't fit well with a "pretty boy."

Peegee
06-15-2010, 09:16 PM
I like tall and lean guys. Honestly I'm not too picky but I prefer the 5 o clock shadow look on men who can pull it off, and guys who dress sharply.

I could go for anything except someone close to my 5'0",height, or a super obese guy, truthfully. It depends how it looks on the person in question.

Huxley is neither around 5'0 or super obese. wtf :aimmad:

Madame Adequate
06-15-2010, 09:20 PM
She said anything EXCEPT. You doofus. :p

Rye
06-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Yeah! Hux is tall and thin, but he can't grow facial hair and it takes all my effort to get him to dress even just casual as opposed to like a slob, but I still love him! ;)

Rodarian
06-15-2010, 09:25 PM
FYI.... Me and Shin are chatting via web cam... Clearly I am the prettier between the two of us!! :D

Cuchulainn
06-15-2010, 09:30 PM
FYI.... Me and Shin are chatting via web cam... Clearly I am the prettier between the two of us!! :D

You'd make a lovely couple.

Shin Gouken
06-15-2010, 09:35 PM

Do you hate me.

Rodarian
06-15-2010, 09:36 PM

You would like to think so.... X_X

Peegee
06-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Yeah! Hux is tall and thin, but he can't grow facial hair and it takes all my effort to get him to dress even just casual as opposed to like a slob, but I still love him! ;)

I need more sleep x_X

~*~Celes~*~
06-15-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm 4' 10 1/2'

you already knew this :greenie:

Aerith's Knight
06-15-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm 4' 10 1/2'

you already knew this :greenie:

I think I may have repressed the memory. Lol, if we were standing face to face, you'd be about crotch level. xD

Inferno
06-15-2010, 09:45 PM

Are you topless

Cuchulainn
06-15-2010, 09:52 PM

Do you hate me.

Absolutely.

haha I hate no one here. I'm just endorsing a possible and beautiful relationship.

Rodarian
06-15-2010, 09:52 PM

Are you topless

you would like that wouldn't you :colbert:

Peegee
06-15-2010, 10:00 PM
4'10-5'2 are perfect height range for short cute girls. Lulz.

In the interest of fairness I will say that I think of cute girls and hot girls as different types of attractiveness. I also treat each differently :P

Rodarian
06-15-2010, 10:02 PM

Do you hate me.

Absolutely.

haha I hate no one here. I'm just endorsing a possible and beautiful relationship.

Brillant!!

~*~Celes~*~
06-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Aww yay, I'm the short and cute variety! :jess:

NorthernChaosGod
06-15-2010, 10:34 PM

I would have to agree with you there, mate.

We should make a manly men thread, but it'd devolve into drinking stories. We have enough of that already.

Shin Gouken
06-15-2010, 10:40 PM

I can't disagree with that tbh :spin:

this thread contradicts the usertitle of the maker :(

I can accept being pretty (though i try to hide it) i just don't like being called pretty =/ it feels like an insult :(

Iceglow
06-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Well those who have met me can attest, I'm relatively tall, rugged and girls tell me I'm handsome. I'm not fat and well smart casual is completely me all over, on a normal day I wear button down shirts and jeans so for me to do anything other than what is casual for me I wear a suit! (I physically don't own track suits. I have a couple of hoodies and t-shirts galore but I hardly wear them except for lazy days/laundry days or when excercising, yes I excercise in jeans, no point doing it if I can't utilize my speed/skills without wearing what I normally wear? I also wear t-shirts to work) I'm not 100% perfect, I have to admit I have a bit of a beer belly but not much of one.

Cuchulainn
06-15-2010, 10:51 PM

We should make a manly men thread, but it'd devolve into drinking stories. We have enough of that already.

I think the forum is in need of men who like football, drink until they forget they have knees, scratch the jewels on public transport, strike matches on their stubble & have the ability to carry a woman from a burning house & go back into it to get her pets.

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED MO CHARA!

Aerith's Knight
06-15-2010, 11:05 PM

I think the forum is in need of men who like football, drink until they forget they have knees, scratch the jewels on public transport, strike matches on their stubble & have the ability to carry a woman from a burning house & go back into it to get her pets.

*stands*

Although I don't really forget I have knees.

Iceglow
06-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Cuch I am your man!

Melissaur
06-15-2010, 11:56 PM

This is my favorite pretty boy :love:

Christmas
06-16-2010, 12:02 AM
No personal preferences on look. The character, personality and attitude play a very important part at least for me that is. :bigsmile:

NorthernChaosGod
06-16-2010, 12:04 AM

*stands the fuck up*

I can like both footballs, yes? :p

Aerith's Knight
06-16-2010, 12:07 AM

Bad NCG. *smacks on nose*

The other one is called Rugby.

NorthernChaosGod
06-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Haha, can I like all three then?

Dick. :colbert:

fire_of_avalon
06-16-2010, 12:11 AM
I can appreciate the aesthetic beauty of a pretty boy, but I think we can all figure out where my heart is.

G13
06-16-2010, 12:22 AM

You think I'm... pretty? Who the hell are you looking at when we video chat?

Melissaur
06-16-2010, 12:28 AM

You're right. The last time we video-chatted you weren't very pretty cause you got rid of your hair. Now you look like manly-man :( But still attractive. So that would make... Jiro my favorite pretty boy <3 But I love tall scranny geeks/nerds. that's my type.

Zeldy
06-16-2010, 12:28 AM
A guy who spends longer than me doing their hair is a major turn off. I hate the new metrosexual male, as it were; men should be hairy and rough and NOT skinny. I hate skinny guys.

I never end up with guys like that, though, I end up with the shallow dickheads.

Cuchulainn
06-16-2010, 12:29 AM

Of course. All 5 count (Football, Gaelic Football, Aussie Rules Football, Rugby Football & Too-Much-Of-A-Jessie-To-Play-A-Rough-Game-Without-Padding-And-A-Helmet Football).

I can appreciate the aesthetic beauty of a pretty boy, but I think we can all figure out where my heart is.

Belfast.

*stands*

Although I don't really forget I have knees.

Welcome brother. Of course it's ok that you don't sometime forget you have knees. We also accept the memory loss of the following anatomy;

eyes, noses, big toes (wee toes are unacceptable), ankles, shins, elbow skin and nose hair.

I am ugly and hairy: I look a caveman with long eyelashes.
I like my men tall and slender, lithe and strong, with angular features.

Basically Johnny Bravo then? Good luck with that.

Cuch I am your man!

Hell to the yea. Proper men have successfully invaded this thread & are now an occupying force.

....the shallow dickheads.

You called?...sorry I thought I heard my name...carry on.

G13
06-16-2010, 01:05 AM

You're right. The last time we video-chatted you weren't very pretty cause you got rid of your hair. Now you look like manly-man :( But still attractive. So that would make... Jiro my favorite pretty boy <3 But I love tall scranny geeks/nerds. that's my type.

You have a way of making a guy feel really special. :eep:

I'm glad I got rid of my hair, I look like a goddamn man now! I feel confident enough to stand with my eyeson brethren now.

Melissaur
06-16-2010, 01:20 AM
YOU LOOKED LIKE A MAN BEFORE!!! I WANT THE HAIR BACK!

Brunettepudding
06-16-2010, 01:26 AM
Eric is damn sexy, manly hair or...not manly hair.

NorthernChaosGod
06-16-2010, 01:41 AM

Of course. All 5 count (Football, Gaelic Football, Aussie Rules Football, Rugby Football & Too-Much-Of-A-Jessie-To-Play-A-Rough-Game-Without-Padding-And-A-Helmet Football).

Haha, fuck yeah. :cool:

Let's take over this bitch.

Melissaur
06-16-2010, 01:55 AM

Yeah he's still sexy but Now I'll never ge tthe chance to play with his hair :(

NorthernChaosGod
06-16-2010, 02:08 AM
Hair grows back, Mel.

Melissaur
06-16-2010, 02:13 AM
But what if gets some wild idea to not let it grow back!? HUH?!?! What then!!? *runs away crying*

Christmas
06-16-2010, 02:25 AM
I can see Melissaur is pretty enthusiastic about this thread! :bigsmile:

I'm glad to see Melissaur being enthusiastic and lively and everyone else too! :bigsmile:

Melissaur
06-16-2010, 02:40 AM
:mymelkiss: I'm just not usually very active and I feel like I should do more!

~*~Celes~*~
06-16-2010, 05:45 AM
Pretty boys are nice to look at! :D

Wolf Kanno
06-16-2010, 06:04 AM
I've been told I'm pretty handsome, though I feel I am mostly average. I hate having a clean cut face cause it makes me look like I'm still in high school so I usually sport a bit of fuzz on my face. When I'm not wearing my glasses, I'm told my eyes are my most attractive feature. :cool:

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-16-2010, 06:26 AM
I love pretty boys! :love:

Rodarian
06-16-2010, 06:34 AM
Hey Chuch I like my football too.. I even scratch me balls in public, with a bit of discretion though! XD

..I may be pretty , but I am a Rude Boy!!

G13
06-16-2010, 09:24 AM

QFT :monster:

Yeah he's still sexy but Now I'll never ge tthe chance to play with his hair :(

There's always my... I'd better stop right there. :bigsmile:

But what if gets some wild idea to not let it grow back!? HUH?!?! What then!!? *runs away crying*

I like how much it torments you so I'm keeping it short. :mwahaha:

Breine
06-16-2010, 11:30 AM
It depends how it looks on the person in question.

Qft.

I am ugly and hairy: I look a caveman with long eyelashes.
I like my men tall and slender, lithe and strong, with angular features.

WTF, Nominus! You're not ugly. I for one want your hair.

As for the topic: I don't tend to like guys that are too metrosexual - not sure if that's what a "pretty boy" is? But hey, as Rye already mentioned, it all depends on how it looks on the person.. I don't like to exclude something or someone just for the sake of excluding.

Shiny
06-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Pretty boys = metrosexuals

Metrosexuals = Ryan Seacrest

Ryan Seacrest = homosexual

Homosexual = not for me

Breine
06-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Pretty boys = metrosexuals

Metrosexuals = Ryan Seacrest

Ryan Seacrest = homosexual

Homosexual = not for me

lol xD

Shin Gouken
06-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Pretty boys get alot of stick don't they. As far as i was aware, a pretty boy is exactly that, someone who's pretty (Definition: Pleasing or attractive in a graceful or delicate way) I didn't realise it came with this big stereotype of how they dress and behave. It's funny watching people judge and go on to prove their masculinity by telling everyone how much rough sports they play and how much they get pissed, as if its that which proves you are masculine.

EDIT: Oh and gay jokes galore in here. You really must be masculine if you call other men gay.

NorthernChaosGod
06-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Pretty boys get alot of stick don't they. As far as i was aware, a pretty boy is exactly that, someone who's pretty (Definition: Pleasing or attractive in a graceful or delicate way) I didn't realise it came with this big stereotype of how they dress and behave. It's funny watching people judge and go on to prove their masculinity by telling everyone how much rough sports they play and how much they get pissed, as if its that which proves you are masculine.

EDIT: Oh and gay jokes galore in here. You really must be masculine if you call other men gay.
http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/9987/original/internet_serious_business_framed.jpg

BarelySeeAtAll
06-16-2010, 11:29 PM
What are we defining as pretty boys though? I mean, there's those who knows they're real good looking and act it too (¬_¬), those who are fussy about looking good, and those who don't really care and who look good anyway. And those who don't look good.

..:confused:

Recently I've been in to the surfer type though, which is odd. Don't like the prissy type, but I hate rugged looking guys - rough facial hair, messy-but-not-good-messy hair, chest hair >_< ughhh..

But then again I am being picky, and I am still single. :D

Hot Shot
06-17-2010, 01:34 AM
I don't know what I am classified as, I'm not sure if I'm a 'pretty' boy or a masculine guy. I feel that I fall somewhere in between, although I have been told I sometimes have a few metrosexual tendencies.

Agrias
06-17-2010, 03:18 AM
Personally, having worked in the movie industry with my husband for many years and having been a model myself, someone has to be SUPER pretty in my definitions for me to consider them pretty. There are a couple hot chikitas on this forum that fall into that category (COUGHFUJICOUGHRYE)

My husband is a handsome, firey working man. I like that about him. Pretty boys bore me.

Clo
06-17-2010, 03:57 AM
Actually, I do really love facial hair. I'm indifferent to the whole pretty boy versus CAVE MAN thing, but I love a guy with a nice beard.

No moustaches though. :|

Melissaur
06-17-2010, 04:42 AM
As for the topic: I don't tend to like guys that are too metrosexual - not sure if that's what a "pretty boy" is? But hey, as Rye already mentioned, it all depends on how it looks on the person.. I don't like to exclude something or someone just for the sake of excluding.

Wait... o.O I think you just made my day.

Yeah, I kinda feel the same. Sometime I love pretty boys, but sometimes I like scruffy boys. It all depends. Like, take my bffskies, he looks good clean shaven and with slightly long hair, but he also look good now with his army doo, and with facial hair :love:

Also, is it just me, or does Breine have the best hair a guy could have!?

Shiny
06-17-2010, 04:46 AM
I agree to no mustaches. Beards can be great, but mustaches are only for dads and police officers; both of whom I do not want to sleep with.

Mo-Nercy
06-17-2010, 05:09 AM
I don't know how metrosexual I seem (I won't use the term 'pretty boy' here, because I ain't pretty) but I like to get a bit of a shadow going, though the girlfriend likes it better when I'm clean-shaven. She has pretty sensitive skin and sometimes touching her with the rough parts of my hands can irritate and make her skin go red. I guess she doesn't need my face doing that as well.

I suppose with the clean shaven-ness, the designer glasses, my fondness for shirts, ties, vests (worn casually) and super rare sneakers (My most valuable pair is only 1 of 60 pairs worldwide), I can come across pretty self-obsessed with my appearance.

My personality probably doesn't reflect metrosexuality though. I partake in the enjoyment and appreciation of footy, cars and farting far more than I probably should.

Rodarian
06-17-2010, 12:22 PM
In terms of my dress habits... I dress :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty at home but, well put together when i step out of the house...Why would I want to wear nice clothes if no one is going to notice them!! :D

Melissaur
06-17-2010, 06:59 PM
In terms of my dress habits... I dress :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty at home but, well put together when i step out of the house...Why would I want to wear nice clothes if no one is going to notice them!! :D

Just in case someone is watching you :shifty:

Iceglow
06-17-2010, 07:24 PM
when I'm at home alone, it's considered something if I'm wearing anything at all!

Drift
06-17-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't know how metrosexual I seem (I won't use the term 'pretty boy' here, because I ain't pretty) but I like to get a bit of a shadow going, though the girlfriend likes it better when I'm clean-shaven. She has pretty sensitive skin and sometimes touching her with the rough parts of my hands can irritate and make her skin go red. I guess she doesn't need my face doing that as well.

I suppose with the clean shaven-ness, the designer glasses, my fondness for shirts, ties, vests (worn casually) and super rare sneakers (My most valuable pair is only 1 of 60 pairs worldwide), I can come across pretty self-obsessed with my appearance.

My personality probably doesn't reflect metrosexuality though. I partake in the enjoyment and appreciation of footy, cars and farting far more than I probably should.

you're chinese mo it's allowed! I just need the money for the trainers and the weather nice for me to wear what i really like. ;(

theundeadhero
06-18-2010, 12:56 AM
*Manly man*

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/theundeadhero/manly1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/theundeadhero/manly2.jpg

Christmas
06-18-2010, 01:00 AM
*Manly man*

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/theundeadhero/manly1.jpg

NOT YOU TOO OLD FRIEND!? YOU ARE JOINING THIS CRAZE!!???

PS: Nice pictures btw, I like the one with you and the bike! :bigsmile:

Iceglow
06-18-2010, 01:16 AM
Hero has always looked like a manly man much like me he just can't do boyish. Let's face it Hero is one of the only people I know who can be manly racing a bunch of little kids and a cute girl dressed up as a turtle outside a sea life center in the fucking midlands miles from the bloody coast!

Aerith's Knight
06-18-2010, 01:21 AM
Hero has always looked like a manly man much like me he just can't do boyish. Let's face it Hero is one of the only people I know who can be manly racing a bunch of little kids and a cute girl dressed up as a turtle outside a sea life center in the smurfing midlands miles from the bloody coast!

He sure showed them brats, didn't he? :cool:

Agrias
06-18-2010, 02:30 AM
TUH is one of the manliest men evar~!

Quindiana Jones
06-18-2010, 02:54 AM
Circle jerking is fun.

Cuchulainn
06-18-2010, 03:00 AM
Circle jerking is fun.

Seriously. <3 you

NorthernChaosGod
06-18-2010, 03:18 AM

Nice bike, what is it?

fire_of_avalon
06-18-2010, 03:53 AM
*Manly man*

I mean that's not fair.

Clo
06-18-2010, 03:56 AM
Needs more beard.

Iceglow
06-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Hero has always looked like a manly man much like me he just can't do boyish. Let's face it Hero is one of the only people I know who can be manly racing a bunch of little kids and a cute girl dressed up as a turtle outside a sea life center in the smurfing midlands miles from the bloody coast!

He sure showed them brats, didn't he? :cool:

He sure showed them brats how to style out tripping on your own shoelaces! He did a MGS style forward roll it was amazing!

Rodarian
06-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Circle jerking is fun.

Quin....

Laddy
06-19-2010, 06:19 AM
I act and dress like an ubertwink, but I look like Breinekenstein.

Breine
06-19-2010, 08:25 AM
I act and dress like an ubertwink, but I look like Breinekenstein.

Breinekenstein? xD