PDA

View Full Version : Stand-up Comedian Thread

champagne supernova
06-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Who are your favourite stand-up comedians and shows?

I personally love Eddie Izzard and Michael McIntyre. But Rhod Gilbert is also amazing. The Youtube link below shows him talking about his luggage problems.

YouTube - Rhod Gilbert - Luggage on Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OISGykO6Z7U&feature=related)

Cuchulainn
06-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Bill Hicks, Eddie Izzard, Billy Connolly & Mitch Hedberg.

Pheesh
06-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Bill Hicks tops my list.

Then there is; Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy, Bill Bailey and Dane Cook.

champagne supernova
06-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Bill Hicks did that thing where he talks about fundamental Christians right? That was damn funny.

Bunny
06-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Brian Posehn, Daniel Tosh, Demetri Martin, Eddie Izzard, Eugene Mirman, George Carlin, Mitch Hedberg, Patton Oswalt, The Sklar Brothers, Stephan Lynch, and Steven Wright.

I like well-timed dick jokes.

The Man
06-16-2010, 07:38 PM
Bill Hicks and George Carlin top my list by far. Patton Oswalt's pretty good too.

I need to listen to moar stand-up

NorthernChaosGod
06-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Mitch Hedberg, Demetri Martin, Lewis Black, George Carlin, Ricky Gervais, Stephen Lynch. :cool:

Breine
06-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Eddie Izzard is brilliant.

I really like Kathy Griffin and Ellen DeGeneres as well, and Ricky Gervais is funny too.

Also, people like Robin Williams and Eddie Murphy were also great stand-up comedians back when they were still doing it.

When it comes to Danish stand-up comedians I like Christian Fuhlendorff the most.

vinnie's mini's
06-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Lee Evans. :love:

I was also a fan of Robin Williams when he used to do stand-up (though I do still love him in films).

Iceglow
06-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Russell Howard live is hillarious as is Sean Locke and Dara O' Brien

Laddy
06-17-2010, 05:57 PM
I like Ellen Degeneres a lot, but Bill Cosby is eternally my favorite. Steven Wright and George Carlin are also favorites.

Levian
06-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Anne Kat Hærland is my favorite, although she's not very non-norwegian. ;o

Jimmy Carr and Mitch Hedberg, mostly.

I agree with Breine that Kathy Griffin and Ellen are funny. You should see Celebrity Mole, Breine. Kathy is a host and contestant there and it's just hilarious. I'm pretty sure it's all on youtube.

Breine
06-17-2010, 09:22 PM
I agree with Breine that Kathy Griffin and Ellen are funny. You should see Celebrity Mole, Breine. Kathy is a host and contestant there and it's just hilarious. I'm pretty sure it's all on youtube.

I most definitely will! Thanks for the tip :D

My Life on the D-List is also great fun.

EDIT: Her stand-up shows "Balls of Steel" and "Kathy Griffin Does The Bible Belt" are also on youtube.

Miriel
06-18-2010, 12:07 AM
Ellen is my favorite female stand up comedian.

I went to see my boy Coco at his "Legally Prohibited From Being Funny On TV" tour and Deon Cole did a stand up act and he had people falling over. Seriously, this guy was hysterrrical. Love love loved him. I like Dave Chappelle to but more for his sketches than for his stand up act.

Cuchulainn
06-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Oh,

Jerry Sadowitz too.

G13
06-18-2010, 12:49 AM
Demetri Martin and Zach Galifianakis have good bits with instruments. I've seen other people try it and so far no one has pulled it off as well as these two.

I listen to Dane Cook's CD's a lot but he can get really annoying when he goes off on a ten minute side story and has to go back to the joke I already forgot about.

Daniel Tosh is good too. I've only seen a few of his specials but I've been watching a lot of Tosh.0 lately and it's pretty good.

I like Jim Gaffigan too. He uses his awkwardness well.

I can't stand Blue Collar Comedy. All my friends rave about that :bou::bou::bou::bou: and I'm like "Really? It's been forever since that :bou::bou::bou::bou: came out and you're still talking about it?" That ass who uses puppets is pretty annoying too.

Raistlin
06-18-2010, 01:22 AM
George Carlin will always be the man.

NorthernChaosGod
06-18-2010, 03:07 AM
Demetri Martin and Zach Galifianakis have good bits with instruments. I've seen other people try it and so far no one has pulled it off as well as these two.

Dude, Stephen Lynch? He does entire sets through song.

YouTube - Stephen Lynch: Craig (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPdFrW076R0)

Shiny
06-18-2010, 03:48 AM
George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence, Ellen DeGeneres, Dave Chapelle, and Louis C.K. have always managed to make me laugh.

Bunny
06-18-2010, 05:28 AM

Dude, Stephen Lynch? He does entire sets through song.

YouTube - Stephen Lynch: Craig (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPdFrW076R0)

His stage presence and ability to improvise are way better than his songs. I went to a concert of his a couple months ago in Denver and some guy wanted him to play "The Bowling Song". Lynch yelled at him for about five minutes and then went right into his next song.

:bou::bou::bou::bou: was amazing.

NorthernChaosGod
06-18-2010, 05:32 AM
I haven't seen him "live", but I have seen the DVD Live at the El Rey. It was awesome.

Raistlin
06-18-2010, 06:05 AM
If we're including comedy through music, then Tim Minchin (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tim+minchin&aq=f) has to be mentioned. He is amazing.

Shadowdust
06-18-2010, 06:39 AM
Jim Gaffigan is just awesome. Other favorites include Demetri Martin, Daniel Tosh and Pablo Francisco. Jon Lajoie is pretty friggin' funny too.

We've gone to see Pablo twice and it's always great. We went to see Jon Lajoie back in April and it was a lot funnier than I expected. I wasn't too sure how it would turn out since he mostly does skits in his videos instead of actual stand-up.

Pheesh
06-18-2010, 03:04 PM
I also loved Bernie mac back in the day, he was awesome. I also forgot to mention Stephen lynch in my favourites as well.

Araciel
06-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Russell Peters' racism and accent imitations always make me laugh.

Madame Adequate
06-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Am I seriously only the second person to mention Bill Bailey

You fucking philistines

Also great: Eddie Izzard and Mitch Hedberg.

Levian
06-23-2010, 08:02 AM

I most definitely will! Thanks for the tip :D

My Life on the D-List is also great fun.

EDIT: Her stand-up shows "Balls of Steel" and "Kathy Griffin Does The Bible Belt" are also on youtube.

Ah yes, I found out a lot of her shows were on youtube! I started watching Allegedly and haven't finished it yet, but I'll probably work my way through all of them over the summer <3

NeoCracker
06-23-2010, 08:22 AM
George Carlin, Lewis Black, and Patton Oswald will probably always be my favorites. Much love for Mitch though.