PDA

View Full Version : Superstitions

Hythloday
06-16-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm convinced that how good my day will be is determined solely by whether or not I can fold my morning omelette properly.

What's yours?

qwertysaur
06-16-2010, 02:45 PM
The happier :quina: is, the better everyone's day will be.

Though I think it is more of a law of the universe than a superstition though. :bigsmile:

Rodarian
06-16-2010, 02:46 PM
In praise of anything and hopeful of the future.... I touch wood.

qwertysaur
06-16-2010, 02:50 PM
:eek:

Christmas
06-16-2010, 02:50 PM
http://jenlars.mu.nu/rabbit.jpg (http://www.unexplainedstuff.com/Superstitions-Strange-Customs-Taboos-and-Urban-Legends/Superstitions-Rabbit-s-foot.html)

Nominus Experse
06-19-2010, 09:42 PM
wegsdf

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-19-2010, 09:50 PM
If Taylor Swift, Paramore, Oasis, NOFX, or the Matches are on my shuffle when I wake up, I know it will be a good day.

Shlup
06-19-2010, 09:51 PM
I, uh... don't like getting up in the morning having to pee, so if I wake up and have to pee I go pee and then go back to bed for at least a few minutes. Does that count?

Raistlin
06-19-2010, 09:54 PM
I pray to my invisible creator each day, hoping that he will have the heart and care to bless me with various things, including good health and prosperity regardless of my genetics or physical activity (even though he already knows what I will do and what he will do, but I want to talk to him anyway); I thank my invisible father-friend with some words spoken aloud or in my mind (he can hear my thoughts but I can only feel his) for giving me food that I worked for, bought, and then prepared; I go to a building every Sunday and meet with people I do not know very well - or at all - that also have an invisible father-friend just like mine: here we sometimes sing about him, and then a man talks about our invisible friend and how awesome he is and how he wants us to deny other people that do also have the same invisible friend as ours, or to be distrustful of those that do not have invisible friends like us because if you think you do not have to explain yourself to your invisible father-friend then you will become evil - guaranteed. Sometimes he says that other people mean to take away our invisible friend: that is very unkind, so we should be very, very upset and elect certain people that have a lot of money but need more so that we can all keep our invisible friend.

I love you.

Cuchulainn
06-19-2010, 09:55 PM
if i see one magpie i basically assume my whole day will be one big smurf storm.....i forget about the magpie until something remotly annoying happens then i remember that black and white flighted patsy of an excuse and make a Seinfeld-to-Newman face exept obviously saying 'magpie' not 'newman'.

I pray to my invisible creator each day, hoping that he will have the heart and care to bless me with various things, including good health and prosperity regardless of my genetics or physical activity (even though he already knows what I will do and what he will do, but I want to talk to him anyway); I thank my invisible father-friend with some words spoken aloud or in my mind (he can hear my thoughts but I can only feel his) for giving me food that I worked for, bought, and then prepared; I go to a building every Sunday and meet with people I do not know very well - or at all - that also have an invisible father-friend just like mine: here we sometimes sing about him, and then a man talks about our invisible friend and how awesome he is and how he wants us to deny other people that do also have the same invisible friend as ours, or to be distrustful of those that do not have invisible friends like us because if you think you do not have to explain yourself to your invisible father-friend then you will become evil - guaranteed. Sometimes he says that other people mean to take away our invisible friend: that is very unkind, so we should be very, very upset and elect certain people that have a lot of money but need more so that we can all keep our invisible friend.

Well that's just one big win of a post.

Breine
06-21-2010, 12:06 AM

I love you.

Yes.

Iceglow
06-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Nominus has pretty much killed the thread really.

I have one superstition. My birthday being in the middle of June I have a thing that if the weather on my birthday is good then I will have a good year. If the weather is crap then my year is likely to be full of crap. This year was kinda bad. I'm hoping my superstition is just that.

Rodarian
06-21-2010, 05:47 AM
:eek:

I knew someone would have seen the perv in those words! :p

Laddy
06-21-2010, 06:10 AM
I pray.

C-c-c-COMBO BREAKER!

docta fizz
06-21-2010, 07:22 AM
to be distrustful of those that do not have invisible friends like us

Sometimes he says that other people mean to take away our invisible friend:

Why would I be distrustful of people who don't share in my beliefs? In my opinion your wrong and in your's I. A difference of opinion is no cause for doubt. And how could someone take away something they don't even believe in? Meh, I think it's obvious I'm religious but those who don't believe would peg me superstitious.

Greatermaximus
06-21-2010, 08:04 AM
It's fiction you can believe whatever you want about it.

Many days for me are good and I make it happen myself. If something surprising happens I know there was a reason for it.

I try to be happy even if I know I don't have control over every event in my life.

Meat Puppet
06-21-2010, 09:53 AM
i'm superstitious of mexicans

PeneloRatsbane
06-22-2010, 08:15 PM
I have no superstitions, i think they are illogical.
This chickadee at my work got up out of her chair and walked across the room to touch wood...

docta fizz
06-23-2010, 07:31 AM
ooo ooo how much?

black orb
06-24-2010, 02:46 AM
>>> With all the mirrors i have broken I already have like 200 years of bad luck, well this also explain my bad luck..:luca:

Marshall Banana
06-24-2010, 02:53 AM
I will not walk into, sleep, or stay in a pitch-black room. NO WAY!

black orb
06-24-2010, 03:00 AM
I will not walk into, sleep, or stay in a pitch-black room. NO WAY!
>>> You sleep with the lights on?:eek:..:luca:

Marshall Banana
06-24-2010, 03:03 AM
TV on and door open. =O

black orb
06-24-2010, 03:16 AM
>>> TV on during night is not earth friendly..:luca:

fire_of_avalon
06-24-2010, 10:50 PM
So today I went to a Chinese restaurant.

My fortune cookie was fortuneless.

Fuuuuuuu-

Hythloday
06-24-2010, 11:04 PM
So today I went to a Chinese restaurant.

My fortune cookie was fortuneless.

Fuuuuuuu-

That's definitely a bad sign.

Mirage
06-25-2010, 11:25 PM
When I load a thread and see Nominus pray to the lord almighty, I think it's going to be a bad day.

Jiro
06-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Nah, I'm not really superstitious. I do some things in certain patterns more out of habit than a feeling it'll bring me better luck or what have you.

missaira
06-28-2010, 12:11 PM
I have no superstitions, i think they are illogical.
This chickadee at my work got up out of her chair and walked across the room to touch wood...

aha, that would have been hilarious if her chair had've been made of wood :p

i don't really have any set superstitions, except when i spill salt i have to throw it over my left shoulder with my right hand.

oh, and my best friend and i used to have this thing when we drove past a cemetery we'd have to put our feet up, touch something red and hold our breath. that got really quite difficult/dangerous once we got our licences :jess: