PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story 3

Miriel
06-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Anyone else super excited for this?? :hyper:

http://babbleon5.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/toy-story-3-poster2.jpg

Look at these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1V3m21_QZk&feature=player_embedded) adorable new characters, they're peas in a pod!

http://www.kimmyshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/i/m/img_3755.jpg

Are y'all ready to CRY? I am for sure going to cry, and I can't wait!

I live just down the street from Pixar studios and I have almost a fangirl mentality toward Pixar. I've pretty much loved everything they've ever done. <3

charliepanayi
06-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Toy Story - brilliant
Toy Story 2 - possibly the best sequel ever made

In other words, this better be good! But I trust Pixar.

Madame Adequate
06-18-2010, 02:11 AM
These people are out of their goddamn minds if they think I am waiting until the 23rd of July to see this movie.

Pixar are astonishing and there is no way this can be anything but pure, beautiful, mercurial art - but they still don't seem to realize that a movie of the size and caliber of theirs requires a same-day, or at the very least same-week, global release.

I will see this when it comes out, you better believe it. But you also better believe I am pirating that :bou::bou::bou::bou: ASAP.

Aurey
06-18-2010, 02:26 AM
So psyched for this! It is definitely going to be emotional, I mean I get so worked up over anything slightly nostalgic, but holy fuck this is going to be big. Pixar is the best.

NorthernChaosGod
06-18-2010, 03:10 AM
I'm totally going to fucking see this the first day! /smug

charliepanayi
06-18-2010, 08:55 AM
These people are out of their goddamn minds if they think I am waiting until the 23rd of July to see this movie.

Pixar are astonishing and there is no way this can be anything but pure, beautiful, mercurial art - but they still don't seem to realize that a movie of the size and caliber of theirs requires a same-day, or at the very least same-week, global release.

I will see this when it comes out, you better believe it. But you also better believe I am pirating that :bou::bou::bou::bou: ASAP.

Though considering that I had to wait months for Ratatouille and Up to come out in the UK after their US release, one month is peanuts by Pixar standards!

Chris
06-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Toy Story - brilliant
Toy Story 2 - possibly the best sequel ever made

In other words, this better be good! But I trust Pixar.
My sentiments exactly. Could be fantastic, or could disgrace the franchise forever and ever.

charliepanayi
06-18-2010, 02:31 PM
I seriously doubt it would do the latter, I'm beginning to think Pixar couldn't make a bad film if they tried (if anyone mentions Cars, that's only a poor film by their own standards).

Madame Adequate
06-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Seriously, most companies would be overjoyed if they made Cars. It's only when compared to their usual fare that it appears 'bad'.

Marshall Banana
06-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Taking a friend to see this in two and a half hours! I'm interested only because Jodi Benson is the voice of Barbie, though. :ariel:

LowCaloriePie
06-18-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm taking a group of ten people to see it tomorrow after we watch the first two at my house. It will be a joyous afternoon, indeed! :)

Miriel
06-18-2010, 08:42 PM
I heard from someone who went to the midnight screening that everyone in the theater was bawling at the end. I am so excited! Bring your kleenex everyone!

Marshall Banana
06-19-2010, 01:55 AM
Wow! It's great! I admit that I cried a little at the end, but only because the ending is sweet and made me think of my own toys that are stuffed away somewhere.

Ken and Barbie make the whole movie for me! They're the best! Such a cute little love story. :kaoclove:

TOTORO PLUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STRAWBERRY-SCENTED BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edge7
06-19-2010, 02:46 AM
TOTORO PLUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I noticed that too. I watched that movie when I was like, 8.

I don't know, I want to talk about the movie, but I'm afraid I'll post too many spoilers. Is there a restriction to how important the spoilers are, regardless if I wrap tags around it or not? I'll just say this,

My heart almost died near the ending, I felt so empty inside.

Otherwise, all the new characters were great, especially the telephone toy.

Was anybody esle scared by that damn, dirty monkey?y'know, the one with the evil red eyes and whatnot.

Miriel
06-19-2010, 08:50 AM
You guys.

IT WAS SO GOOD!!

I cried like 3 different times. I was bawling towards the end. And I may have laughed more in this movie than in the first two. Mr. Tortilla head killed me. I could not get over how weird/freaky/hilarious that was. And Barbie + Ken were amazing. I loved that they made Barbie totally fierce. Her mouthing off about the consent of the people, oh my god. xD And Spanish Buzz! The claw! Too many great moments to mention!

I was 9 when the first Toy Story movie came out, and I love how the movies have grown with their audience. Little kids who watch this new movie will probably love it, but for different reasons. The people who loved Toy Story as kids and who watch Toy Story 3 as adults are the ones who are really going to get the full impact of that last scene.

The ending was perfect and such a lovely way to close out the Toy Story saga. I feel like Pixar has pulled off something really incredible with these 3 Toy Story films, something rare and beautiful in the world of cinema. Bravo!

Del Murder
06-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Pixar's usual brilliance. I don't know how they manage to keep putting out these entertaining, funny, and endearing films. The Toy Story trilogy ranks up there with the best of all time.

Oh god, Mr. Tortilla Head...funniest thing ever

Marshall Banana
06-19-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm sad that Barbie doesn't look like that anymore -- the Barbie of my childhood.

I'll find my Barbies and Ken again and play with them. :kaocry2:

theundeadhero
06-19-2010, 05:21 PM
I watched it last night and loved it. It was a lot of fun.

Shlup
06-19-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm hoping to go see it with my brother-in-law when he visits in a couple of weeks, but I'm having trouble waiting. ;_____;

LunarWeaver
06-20-2010, 01:07 AM
This movie is supah cute. I don't know how Pixar manages to hold my interest like they do. Seeing the first as a child and this as an adult was weird, but somehow satisfying. I recommend it more than 2 tbf.

Easter egg hunt! (http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/18/toy-story-3-easter-eggs/) With pictures and spoilers, beware. I didn't catch the Sid cameo at all.

Jings
06-20-2010, 01:10 AM
I cried like 3 different times.

You are a sad, strange little man. And I pity you.

No, I'm joking obviously. I am indeed very much looking forward to seeing this. Buzz is awesome!

LowCaloriePie
06-20-2010, 04:45 AM
The ONLY gripe I had with that movie was that we didn't see more of the theatre troupe characters. They were my favorite new ones.

That being said, you are truly doing yourselves a disservice as a human being if you don't see this film. Truly a marvelous movie in every way. It was bittersweet to see the end of their story but I wouldn't have it end any other way. =]

McLovin'
06-21-2010, 12:37 AM
Pixar is genius. This movie was perfect.

And Spanish Buzz was the funniest thing EVER. :D

Rad Bromance
06-22-2010, 04:43 AM
I want to see this so bad but I'm not allowed to watch Pixar films anymore after Up.

I guess I'll just have to wait until it comes out on DVD/Bluray so I can watch it in secret.

Miriel
06-22-2010, 04:48 AM
I want to see this so bad but I'm not allowed to watch Pixar films anymore after Up.

I guess I'll just have to wait until it comes out on DVD/Bluray so I can watch it in secret.

What? Why? :o

Rad Bromance
06-22-2010, 05:54 AM

Because my significant other hated it, and Wall-E, and Ratatoullie, and has decided to hate Pixar as a whole, and already refused the very notion of watching Toy Story 3, and I'd never hear the end of it if I got caught going to the movies without said significant other.

I love Pixar. :(

NorthernChaosGod
06-22-2010, 05:55 AM
What. The. Fuck. What's wrong with your significant other? Wall-E and Up are amazing movies.

Miriel
06-22-2010, 06:08 AM
Your SO is straight up trippin'! :eyebrow:

charliepanayi
06-22-2010, 09:09 AM

Because my significant other hated it, and Wall-E, and Ratatoullie, and has decided to hate Pixar as a whole, and already refused the very notion of watching Toy Story 3, and I'd never hear the end of it if I got caught going to the movies without said significant other.

I love Pixar. :(

Your partner is an idiot. Go and see the film, whether on your own or with a friend or family member. Why deny yourself something you will probably enjoy?

Del Murder
06-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Dump that zero, get yourself a hero.

Slothy
06-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Dump that zero, get yourself a hero.

Agreed. Not even joking. If said person won't even let you watch Pixar movies without them then they can get their butt to the curb. I'm not even going to get into how utterly wrong someone is for not liking the likes of Wall-E.

I personally couldn't stand being with someone with taste that poor. :D

Rad Bromance
06-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Well I saw it today finally.

I don't think I've ever cried that much at the end of a film before.

Rye
07-02-2010, 10:46 AM
I want to see it with Huxley soooooooooooooooo badly. :(

Why isn't it here in England?

MUST TORRENT.

Madame Adequate
07-02-2010, 03:02 PM
That was AWESOME.

"Are you clasically trained?" = I died.

LowCaloriePie
07-02-2010, 03:11 PM
"Are you clasically trained?" = I died.

Favorite. Character. Ever. :D

Miriel
07-02-2010, 06:33 PM
^_^

NorthernChaosGod
07-03-2010, 04:46 AM
Guize. Guize.

It was amazing. :love: I started bawling towards the end, you all know which scene I'm talking about.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-03-2010, 06:00 AM
I just saw Toy Story 3 yesterday afternoon. I saw it with my brother and sister. We went to the 2:10 PM showing. But it was in 3D and we had to carry these stupid 3D glasses around with us. My brother and sister tried to watch the whole movie with their glasses on but the blurry images began to strain their eyes and they had to take them off. I managed to keep my glasses on the whole time but I didn't get any crystal clear images and the glasses really did nothing to make the experience any better.

The images didn't pop out of the screen very much when I had the frickening Clark Kent glasses on. But that said Toy Story 3 is the decent follow-up I've been waiting for after I saw Toy Story 2 in theaters. Deep down I knew they were gonna make a sequel to Toy Story 2, I just didn't know when they were gonna do it. My brother Thomas thinks they waited too long to make a sequel and I kinda countered that by saying they were waiting for the right story to come along, the right way to end it. It's amazing that they managed to make three great Toy Story films when so many other movies usually have a great original film but they drop the ball with each sequel.

They didn't do that with the Toy Story franchise.

Laddy
07-06-2010, 06:27 AM
I saw it. My mom and I cried, lurved it. <3

Bunny
07-06-2010, 06:44 AM
Pixar's usual brilliance. I don't know how they manage to keep putting out these entertaining, funny, and endearing films. The Toy Story trilogy ranks up there with the best of all time.

Oh god, Mr. Tortilla Head...funniest thing ever

I think they actually care about making good movies. That is a pretty rare sentiment these days.

who watch Toy Story 3 as adults are the ones who are really going to get the full impact of that last scene.

I went to see it tonight and there were, maybe, three kids under the age of 15 in the entire theater. It wasn't incredibly packed, but there was a sizable crowd of adults. When the movie was over, half the adults just sat in their chair and watched the credits. Amazing.

I was amazed at how good it was, considering it has been eleven years since Toy Story 2 and 15 since the original. I was also slight taken aback by the amount of adult-oriented material that was in it. The scenes were still incredibly enjoyable, I just didn't the dump scene.

Laddy
07-06-2010, 06:56 AM
My mom gave the sweetest 50-something woman's commentary EVER. <3

Wolf Kanno
07-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Pretty good film, not the best Pixar has done but probably the best Toy Story movie in the bunch (not a fan of Toy Story), I was squealing like a little fanboy when I saw the stuff Totoro. :love:

I don't think anything was more funny than "Spanish Mode".

~*~Celes~*~
07-06-2010, 07:07 AM
Why the smurf haven't I seen this yet? :(

NorthernChaosGod
07-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Because you fail at life. :colbert:

~*~Celes~*~
07-06-2010, 07:45 AM
;-; no need to be so obscene!

Academic
07-06-2010, 08:38 AM
I've heard a lot of, "it's better than the first!" which I cannot agree with. I saw this about a week ago and absolute adored it. It was definitely better than the second one, though. I do have to say that the ending was absolutely brilliant. Pixar pulled a fast one on me. I'm not one to get so emotional during a movie that I'll tear up, but it happened here. Toy Story is, like many, a beloved piece of film history for me. I had just turned 10 a week before it was released and fell in love. I even have a Buzz Lightyear action figure. He's awesome and I still need to get Woody. I'll proudly display them despite the fact that I am turning 25 in less than six months. xD

Anyway, back to the ending. I think they did a wonderful job wrapping things up here. It isn't often that I watch a series with three installments that's achieved such a heartwarming and wonderful finale. I thought it was really well done, that they couldn't have done it better if they tried. It was a tear-jerker. I just loved how they had Andy being so possessive over Woody and Buzz even after all this time. I loved how he passed down his legacy, if you want to call it that and how he played with them one more time before giving them up. I get a little misty just thinking about it!

Miriel
07-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Toy Story 3 : Cried 3 times, laughed like crazy

Toy Story 2: Cried once, laughed less than 3, more than 1.

I didn't cry at all in Toy Story, and I don't think I laughed as much either. BUT! Toy Story 2 and 3 wouldn't have nearly been as funny or as touching if they weren't able to draw on the foundation that Toy Story created. The little inside jokes, the back story, the references. So I think I got the most overall entertainment from the 3rd one, but collectively it's one of the best trilogies that film industry has ever put out.

Clo
07-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Did anyone notice the TOTORO?

*dies a huge childhood-y death*

NorthernChaosGod
07-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Did anyone notice the TOTORO?

*dies a huge childhood-y death*

Of course! :jess:

I want to see it again.

Polnareff
07-06-2010, 04:08 PM
I saw it. Not at a theater, though. Let's just say my friend's mom has some "connections." >_> I plan to see it at one real soon (just haven't had the money to).

I liked what little I could understand of it. That is, the picture showed up fine but I couldn't hear most of the dialogue, and all the text was written in Russian.

It's funny how the strawberry bear (couldn't catch what his name was) ended up being almost exactly like Stinky Pete from the second movie. He had the exact same mannerisms, and tried to keep Buzz from going back to his friends, the same way Pete tried to keep Woody away from his friends in the second. And I literally jumped out of my chair when I saw the stuffed Totoro doll. I couldn't even believe that.

I liked it but I'm not sure I loved it like I loved the first and second. I'm sure if I saw it at the theater and could catch all the jokes I'd love it though.

And yeah, I tend to think of Cars as a bad Pixar movie. But still, out of all the stuff Pixar's done, that's really the only one that's lacking. They're a pretty consistent company and I'm surprised they can crank out new movies almost every year and have them all mostly be high-quality.

Del Murder
07-06-2010, 09:02 PM
You really should see it in the theater. You'll enjoy it a lot more.

Polnareff
07-07-2010, 01:58 PM
I plan on it. I missed a lot of jokes because the dialogue was so muffled.

I also plan on buying the DVD whenever it comes out so it can go right next to my TS1 and 2 DVDs. :jess:

crashNUMBERS
07-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Saw it at a drive-in with my girlfriend along with Eclipse for only 8 bucks, both movies. Probably one of the best movies Ive seen in awhile

Depression Moon
07-11-2010, 11:20 PM
they still have Drive-Ins? Came back from watching it, it was good. Epic.

Carnage-
07-12-2010, 12:19 AM
I almost cried at the ending. It felt like the ending of my childhood because there's almost no chance of them continuing the series anymore. They ended it perfectly, if this is the end, though.

Also, Potato Head/Cucumber scene was the best.

Depression Moon
07-12-2010, 05:47 PM
I almost did too. I didn't though because I was with my little brother and he can't be thinking that his older brother is a punk.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
07-12-2010, 09:14 PM
I almost cried at the ending. It felt like the ending of my childhood because there's almost no chance of them continuing the series anymore. They ended it perfectly, if this is the end, though.

Also, Potato Head/Cucumber scene was the best.

I almost did too. I didn't though because I was with my little brother and he can't be thinking that his older brother is a punk.

Me too. Except I was with my brother and my sister.

Elite Lord Sigma
07-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Anybody who hasn't seen this film is doing themselves a huge disservice. It was both hilarious and heartwarming, and I was tearing up at the end, too. I saw it at the drive-in theater nearby as part of a double-feature with Prince of Persia.

On another note, I feel ashamed of myself for not connecting Totoro and the doll together until now.

crashNUMBERS
07-13-2010, 04:42 PM
they still have Drive-Ins?
In up state connecticut they do

LowCaloriePie
07-13-2010, 05:47 PM
they still have Drive-Ins?

Heck yes! :)

Shlup
07-17-2010, 01:57 AM
Whelp... I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm scarred for life.

LunarWeaver
07-17-2010, 02:10 AM
Who the fuck would want this? (http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Story-Trash-Compactor-Escape/dp/B003DTMQAM/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1279328919&sr=1-16)

(Related to a scene in the movie if you haven't seen it.)

Shlup
07-17-2010, 02:41 AM
LMAO You have got to be kidding. xD

LowCaloriePie
07-17-2010, 02:41 AM
Who the smurf would want this? (http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Story-Trash-Compactor-Escape/dp/B003DTMQAM/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1279328919&sr=1-16)

Spoilers much? :O_O:

Anyhoo, if I was a kid I would get it if only for the Woody, Lot-so and alien models so I could make my own epic adventure.

NorthernChaosGod
07-18-2010, 05:26 AM
Who the smurf would want this? (http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Story-Trash-Compactor-Escape/dp/B003DTMQAM/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1279328919&sr=1-16)

OMG. That was the pretty much the saddest scene I've ever seen, why would they do that?!

charliepanayi
07-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Back to the Future, Indiana Jones (I'm ignoring the fourth one!), Lord of the Rings (though I tend to count it as one very long film split into three) and now Toy Story as an addition to the very small list of great film trilogies. And that last quarter of an hour was so moving when Andy showed all the toys to Bonnie and played with them one last time. A perfect way to conclude the series.

Plus I loved seeing the Toroto plushie in Bonnie's room :)

aquatius
07-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Saw this last night and it made me cry ;_;

Plus I loved seeing the Toroto plushie in Bonnie's room :)
Yeah I was like "OMG it's totoro!" xD

PeneloRatsbane
07-24-2010, 09:18 PM
This film was so good! every little detail was just so perfect. I started crying when Buzz realised they were going to die/get melted and he takes Jessie's hand and they exchange those looks of acceptance right up until the end with Andy giving the toys to Bonnie and playing with them one last time I couldn't even feel ashamed at openly sobbing because it was that good.
Best film i've seen in a long time