PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever eaten soap?

Rye
06-18-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm convinced that everyone has chewed on soap at least one, either out of curiosity, having their parents wash their mouths out with soap, or... by accident. Huxley disagrees though.

Assuage my curiosity. Have you? :snowman:

Madame Adequate
06-18-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm convinced that everyone has chewed on soap at least one, either out of curiosity, having their parents wash their mouths out with soap, or... by accident. Huxley disagrees though.

Even if people have tasted soap, I think chewing on some soap is a rare thing. A rare thing indeed.

And don't think I didn't see your post with normal-sized text before the edit, missy.

Christmas
06-18-2010, 01:27 PM

Even if people have tasted soap, I think chewing on some soap is a rare thing. A rare thing indeed.

And don't think I didn't see your post with normal-sized text before the edit, missy.

Pica -- The Eating Disorder That Causes Strange Cravings (http://hubpages.com/hub/Pica----The-Eating-Disorder-That-Causes-Strange-Cravings-)

BTW, I am gonna go eat some soap now just to prove Rye is right and you are wrong. :bigsmile:

Chris
06-18-2010, 01:28 PM
I think we've all tasted soap at some point, most in great disapproval though. :(

oddler
06-18-2010, 01:33 PM
The taste isn't bad or anything but the idea of chewing on soap is darn gross.

Iceglow
06-18-2010, 01:35 PM
I can't say I've ever intentionally sat down and eaten soap! My mother however tells me regulary that I need to because my mouth is filthy! :bigsmile:

xXsarahXx
06-18-2010, 01:49 PM
I did when I was younger, I can remember that taste even now...not good.

Rantz
06-18-2010, 01:55 PM
I have eaten chalk but I don't think I have as much as tasted soap!

Rodarian
06-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Tasted yes..Chewed...No :oO:

vinnie's mini's
06-18-2010, 03:32 PM
I don't think I ever have....The idea of it just grosses me out. :eek:

Inferno
06-18-2010, 03:36 PM
In fact, sort of. This brand of gum was afwul

http://smartcanucks.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/thrills-gum1.jpg

Jiro
06-18-2010, 03:37 PM
I walked by a store the other day with these really nice displays and it smelled divine. "Hey, a cheese store!" I said.

"That's a soap store," I was informed. :(

Never intentionally chewed on soap though, Miss Jessica. Though if memory serves, neither have you. It appeared to be candy.

Peegee
06-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Isn't soap poisonous?

I would've died this one time but never did consume soap. Too bad!

Araciel
06-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Nope.

Brunettepudding
06-18-2010, 04:11 PM
I've had my mouth washed out with soap by my mother, but haven't eaten it, no.

:p

Rye
06-18-2010, 04:16 PM
I walked by a store the other day with these really nice displays and it smelled divine. "Hey, a cheese store!" I said.

"That's a soap store," I was informed. :(

Never intentionally chewed on soap though, Miss Jessica. Though if memory serves, neither have you. It appeared to be candy.

:shobon:

Clo
06-18-2010, 04:50 PM
I've never ate soap, and I don't know anyone who has. :confused: I was a picky eater.

Loony BoB
06-18-2010, 04:54 PM
What? No. I mean, there are a lot of things in this world. I don't need to try to eat them all. That would be weird. I'll stick to food, thanks.

Now, toy cars. I've tasted them. Probably.

Chloe.
06-18-2010, 04:57 PM
I can't say that I have. Though I remember when I was little and one of my older brothers was always swearing and my mum used to threaten to wash his mouth out with soap :p That would always scare him.

~*~Celes~*~
06-18-2010, 05:34 PM
My mom says I used to eat soap a lot when I was little...I was a strange child. I also ate ants. And the styrofoam padding out of my carseat. Which begs the question...how am I even still alive now? xD

xXsarahXx
06-18-2010, 06:46 PM
My mom says I used to eat soap a lot when I was little...I was a strange child. I also ate ants. And the styrofoam padding out of my carseat. Which begs the question...how am I even still alive now? xD

As a nurse, im wondering the same thing! Im sure that styrofoam isnt too good for you lol

~*~Celes~*~
06-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Haha, well, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I guess!

qwertysaur
06-18-2010, 08:08 PM
I've only licked it :p

Shlup
06-18-2010, 09:08 PM
TheAbominatrix's mom threatened to wash my mouth out with soap, so I went into the bathroom, grabbed the bar, and stuck it in my mouth. She almost vomited and it was glorious.

And now she knows better than to mess with me. *flex*

Slothy
06-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Tasted? Yes. Bit into a bar of the stuff? Certainly. Actively chewed and swallowed some? Not to my knowledge.

I mean, it's not like Play-doh where the non-toxic label just begged for you to eat some.

Peegee
06-18-2010, 10:17 PM
TheAbominatrix's mom threatened to wash my mouth out with soap, so I went into the bathroom, grabbed the bar, and stuck it in my mouth. She almost vomited and it was glorious.

You are special. And I want pics of this 'mother' you claim to exist.

Shlup
06-18-2010, 11:16 PM
I-I can't find any! I swear that woman is a vampire.

Fujiko
06-19-2010, 01:19 AM
My mother tells me I used to chew on soap when I was very little. I'd even take the time to find a chair if I couldn't reach the soap I wanted. xD And I went after the colourful ones!

NorthernChaosGod
06-19-2010, 02:47 AM
I've tasted some by accident, but never on purpose. And I've certainly never chewed on any. :confused:

But that does remind me of a funny thing that happened at a party. Back in high school my friend was having a big house party, one of the kids got so drunk that he was handed a bottle of dishsoap and was told it was vodka. He chugged a bunch of it down.

We called him Bubbles for the rest of the year.

Agrias
06-19-2010, 03:16 AM
No but i know you have!!! HAHAHAHA! SILLY GIRL!!

Shlup
06-19-2010, 04:47 AM
My mother tells me I used to chew on soap when I was very little. I'd even take the time to find a chair if I couldn't reach the soap I wanted. xD And I went after the colourful ones!

Now that is weird.

Raistlin
06-19-2010, 05:09 AM
No, you people are weird.

... yeah, I wouldn't mess with a complete psycho, either.

NeoCracker
06-19-2010, 05:20 AM
It's not my fault my mother bought a chocolate flavored soap bar when I was younger. :cry:

NorthernChaosGod
06-19-2010, 06:02 AM
No, you people are weird.

... yeah, I wouldn't mess with a complete psycho, either.

But you love her. :confused:

qwertysaur
06-19-2010, 06:14 AM
It's not my fault my mother bought a chocolate flavored soap bar when I was younger. :cry:
why would someone make that?

Rantz
06-19-2010, 06:33 AM
But that does remind me of a funny thing that happened at a party. Back in high school my friend was having a big house party, one of the kids got so drunk that he was handed a bottle of dishsoap and was told it was vodka. He chugged a bunch of it down.

One of the girls in my elementary class drank dishsoap as an infant and got a speech impediment from it.

Laddy
06-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Um...no. I don't eat soap.

I use it to wash men in the shower.

Fujiko
06-19-2010, 10:08 PM

Now that is weird.

Indeed. xD

Rad Bromance
06-20-2010, 01:37 AM
I've brushed my teeth with soap when I was all out of toothpaste.

BIG mistake. :stare:

BarelySeeAtAll
06-20-2010, 11:34 AM
I keep misreading this as "soup". For the sake of my sanity, I shall post now so I won't have to worry about soup again.

I might've licked soap when I was seven or something, but never chewed/consumed it. Though I'm now kind of curious as to what it's texture would be. . .

I sniffed talcum powder once. Never. Ever. Ever. do that.

Jiro
06-20-2010, 11:51 AM
What? No. I mean, there are a lot of things in this world. I don't need to try to eat them all. That would be weird. I'll stick to food, thanks.

Now, toy cars. I've tasted them. Probably.

:quina: would be displeased.

Sephiroth
06-20-2010, 11:56 AM
When I was young, I think I was 6 or something I tasted some soap in a shop because I taught it was candy. Well - it looked like it but I can tell you: I wasn't candy.

blackmage_nuke
06-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Havent directly eaten a bar of soap but I guess some soap resdiue is left on my hands so when I eat things with my bare hands I guess I injest it. Also I did eat sand once and some people use sand to replace soap when theyre camping or at the beach.

Rainecloud
06-20-2010, 02:31 PM
No. I've never eaten soap.

NeoCracker
06-26-2010, 06:52 AM
why would someone make that?

I think the real question is why would someone buy that?

escobert
06-27-2010, 10:13 PM
No, I don't believe I have and I don't ever remember anyone washing my mouth out at any time in my life.

aquatius
06-29-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't think I've ever done this... o.o

Freya
06-29-2010, 05:11 PM
I keep misreading this as "soup". For the sake of my sanity, I shall post now so I won't have to worry about soup again.

I read it as soup too and was confused by why people wouldn't eat it :(