PDA

View Full Version : What musician do you hate the most?

Hythloday
06-19-2010, 12:09 AM
I despise Eminem. If he's not being all-around immature or down-right stupid, he's rapping about himself. He gives me a headache every time he's even mentioned.

your turn.

Chris
06-19-2010, 12:17 AM
I was born at the wrong end of this century, so generally speaking, music of today doesn't interest me that much.

Shiny
06-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Lil Wayne

Suikojowy
06-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Such an easy answer but Lady Gaga. I can't stand her, she's very annoying and I don't know how to put it but it seems to me she tries too hard to be weird. The worst thing is people buy it and eat it up.

She probably has a few fans here though so I'll leave it at that.

Clo
06-19-2010, 01:05 AM
I don't listen to the radio at all, because I hate most Top 40 music. I get annoyed too when I hear some crappy song from 2001 that still gets air time.

I don't know, Nickelback grosses me out. Angels and Airwaves has a special seating on my chart of dislike too.

Rad Bromance
06-19-2010, 01:13 AM
It's a tossup between Gucci Mane and Kenny Chesney.

Hythloday
06-19-2010, 02:06 AM
Angels and Airwaves has a special seating on my chart of dislike too.

Same. Which is odd considering how much I liked Blink 182.

Clo
06-19-2010, 05:32 AM

Same. Which is odd considering how much I liked Blink 182.
I loved Blink 182 when I was a kid. I think that's why I hate it so much, maybe.

I actually had to see Angels and Airwaves in concert once, because a friend and I really wanted to see the opener for one of their shows, and instead of leaving we stuck around for a bit. Tom was doing some awkward dance the entire time and crap was coming out of his mouth about being young and in love and how it's like being tied to rockets.

It was embarassing.

NorthernChaosGod
06-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Such an easy answer but Lady Gaga. I can't stand her, she's very annoying and I don't know how to put it but it seems to me she tries too hard to be weird. The worst thing is people buy it and eat it up.

I smurfing hate Lady Gaga with a passion. I would be a very happy man if she died and never made another :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty pop song.

Also, The Beatles. Yeah, fuck off.

qwertysaur
06-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Miley Cyrus

Laddy
06-19-2010, 06:20 AM
Nickelback, Styx, and Fall Out Boy.

NeoCracker
06-19-2010, 06:48 AM

I would say Lady Gaga, but the biggest reason I hate her is she truly has amazing talent, but it's wasted on that tripe she constantly releases, and she has an amazing voice she insists on making sound terrible, so I hate her mostly on that merit.

The band that most legitamitely deserves hate for the shear level of horrid that is their music though, I nominate Brokencyde. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0)

The Man
06-19-2010, 07:03 AM
At the moment it would probably be Owl City. I was subjected to that :bou::bou::bou::bou: constantly at work for about two months and I haven’t really recovered. His “music,” if one can call it that, makes a compelling case for the use of auto-tune being made a capital offence.

Objectively he’s not as bad as Brokencyde, but I don’t know of anyone who actually likes Brokencyde, so I don’t hate them as much.

Laddy
06-19-2010, 07:29 AM
My sister like Brokencyde. :I

Shorty
06-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Ohhh my god, Laddy, I was just about to name them. ugh. Hate them.

Brokencyde and All Leather. god in heaven, what awful bands.

Jessweeee♪
06-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Simple Plan

Freya
06-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Paramore. Hayley's voice is only okay in short bursts.

Lil Wayne. His voice also makes me cringe.

Cuchulainn
06-19-2010, 05:33 PM
2pac but he's dead so....maybe Borgore

vinnie's mini's
06-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Rhianna.

I like some of her older stuff but with her more recent stuff her voice just sounds completely the same throughout the entire song! =.= It really bugs me, plus I am fed up of hearing that stupid 'Rude boy' song over and over again! :mad2:

Pete for President
06-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Even though I could fill a complete list full of all the top-chart-pure-goo-artists that for some very very very strange reason people actually listen to and I agree to pretty much everything already mentioned in this thread, my most hated artist would have to be:

Phil Collins.

It's his voice. The cheesy songs. Overproduced albums. His too-good-to-be-true intentions. Complete abstract lyrics. Did I already mention his voice and cheesy songs?

Chloe.
06-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Miley Cyrus

This. I have so much hatred for that girl. :stare:

Shlup
06-19-2010, 10:37 PM
I love Eminem and Gaga! Creative geniuses that come with lulz.

I don't know how we've made it through so many posts without anyone mentioning Insane Clown Posse. Obnoxious sellouts... and they birthed the Juggalo. I mean WTF!

Rye
06-19-2010, 10:39 PM
I want to murder Ke$ha and her twangy voice.

That's all though. I love Gaga and I think Eminem is OK enough.

Hythloday
06-19-2010, 10:41 PM
I love Eminem and Gaga! Creative geniuses that come with lulz.

I don't know how we've made it through so many posts without anyone mentioning Insane Clown Posse. Obnoxious sellouts... and they birthed the Juggalo. I mean WTF!

YouTube - Insane Clown Posse - Miracles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFwHWjawF0)

Magnets?

The Captain
06-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Pete for President, make sure you don't tell that to Steven Gerrard.

Though it's no fault of the band, I cannot listen to Bon Jovi because of the types of people in my neck of the woods who ONLY listen to it at bars and clubs.

Take care all.

Rad Bromance
06-20-2010, 01:34 AM

I smurfing hate Lady Gaga with a passion. I would be a very happy man if she died and never made another :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty pop song.

Also, The Beatles. Yeah, smurf off.

At the moment it would probably be Owl City. I was subjected to that :bou::bou::bou::bou: constantly at work for about two months and I haven’t really recovered. His “music,” if one can call it that, makes a compelling case for the use of auto-tune being made a capital offence.

Paramore. Hayley's voice is only okay in short bursts.

Rhianna.

Wow, it's like, EoFF hates everything I like!

Awesome!!!! :jess:

fire_of_avalon
06-20-2010, 03:17 AM
I don't like Lady Gaga, I don't like Rhianna, but I don't hate them.

I hate Coldplay.

There.

I said it.

Shiny
06-20-2010, 05:00 AM
<span style="font: 13px Candara, Skia, Corbel, 'Trebuchet MS', Georgia, Geneva, Helvetica, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, sans-serif; color: #38bcee;">At the moment it would probably be Owl City. I was subjected to that :bou::bou::bou::bou: constantly at work for about two months and I haven’t really recovered. His “music,” if one can call it that, makes a compelling case for the use of auto-tune being made a capital offence.
</span>

Simple Plan

THANK YOU! :love:

These people should NOT be making music. If I have to hear, "wake up in the mornin' feelin' like P. Diddy" one more time I swear to God.

Also, hahaha Insane Clown Posse. Of course, they're horrible. That goes without saying. I think pretty much every musician listed in here has been pretty crap at some point.

Rad Bromance
06-20-2010, 05:10 AM
Also, hahaha Insane Clown Posse. Of course, they're horrible. That goes without saying.
Ugh, I can't agree with this one enough.

Melissaur
06-20-2010, 06:52 AM
Lil Wayne
And any other one that starts of every song with their own friggin name! It's so annoying.

Meat Puppet
06-20-2010, 07:20 AM
I hate nobody. Well, there are Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, but they are neither musicians nor human.

Shiny
06-20-2010, 08:49 AM
There is also this musician that I have some how created called Lil Wanye which is combo of Lil Wayne and Kanye West. I don't know why, but I always confuse the two.

Lil Wanye West would be the worse person ever.

Breine
06-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Hate is such a strong word, but I really dislike 50 Cent and Akon.

I really, really dislike Akon. Ugh.

Also, I don't get why everyone loves Coldplay. Some of their first stuff is pretty good, but since then they've become pretentious. Kinda like U2.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-20-2010, 03:14 PM
It is okay Rad Bro, EoFF hates everything I like too.
Eminem, Lady Gaga, Nickelback, Kenny Chesney, Fall Out Boy, Brokencyde, and Paramore are all regulars on my iPod. I like Owl City, Simple Plan, and Coldplay on a fair amount of occasions too.

But who I hate the most...

Miley Cyrus
Lil Wayne
Kanye West
Metallica

In that order.

EDIT: Also, I love Ke$ha and her lovely twang.:tongue:

BarelySeeAtAll
06-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Any whiney crap (thinking specifically of MCR), Muse, Stereophonics, Keating, Oasis, Gorillaz, most of the senseless :bou::bou::bou::bou:e that's going on lately. Rap tends to be just..urgh, I hate listening to droning babble. There's too many mainstream voices going on lately, too. Not going to name any more famous voices though - too many people I know already want to throw bricks at me because of my dislike of Muse and Gorrilza

Madame Adequate
06-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Coldplay.
COLDPLAY.
COLDPLAY.

There are plenty of artists I dislike (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs), plenty I think are hugely (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONXp-vpE9eU) overrated (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiOw0chwxTk), and some I downright hate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8OipmKFDeM&feature=channel).

But nothing compares to my feelings towards Coldplay. It is beyond words. It is beyond mortal comprehension. I feel like Muhammed or Moses must have felt in their divine inspiration, only I have experienced a revelation of sheer, pure hatred, of a kind that would make Satan recoil.

Mirage
06-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Probably kesha, but I don't listen to the music of today like at all so I mostly have no idea what's playing whenever I hear crappy stuff in stores and such.

Melissaur
06-20-2010, 09:40 PM
OMG kill Miley Cyrus!

sephireland
06-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Westlife. What a despicable shower of retards.

Laddy
06-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Any whiney crap (thinking specifically of MCR), Muse, Stereophonics, Keating, Oasis, Gorillaz, most of the senseless :bou::bou::bou::bou:e that's going on lately. Rap tends to be just..urgh, I hate listening to droning babble. There's too many mainstream voices going on lately, too. Not going to name any more famous voices though - too many people I know already want to throw bricks at me because of my dislike of Muse and Gorrilza

The fact that you consider Muse, Oasis, and Gorillaz in the same league as MCR is depressing, Shame! SHAAAAME!

Rase
06-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Nickelback.

Bunny
06-22-2010, 10:11 PM
I find it increasingly hard to hate or dislike anyone who produces subpar music and then proceeds to their outrageously-sized mansion to swim in their pool of bills.

I do, however, find myself growing very jealous of their lifestyles.

The Man
06-22-2010, 10:54 PM
<span style="font: 13px Candara, Skia, Corbel, 'Trebuchet MS', Georgia, Geneva, Helvetica, Lucida, 'Lucida Grande', Arial, sans-serif; color: #38bcee;">

Any whiney crap (thinking specifically of MCR), Muse, Stereophonics, Keating, Oasis, Gorillaz, most of the senseless :bou::bou::bou::bou:e that's going on lately. Rap tends to be just..urgh, I hate listening to droning babble. There's too many mainstream voices going on lately, too. Not going to name any more famous voices though - too many people I know already want to throw bricks at me because of my dislike of Muse and GorrilzaThe fact that you consider Muse, Oasis, and Gorillaz in the same league as MCR is depressing, Shame! SHAAAAME!Quoted for motherfrakkin' truth. MCR don't belong on the same planet as Muse.

black orb
06-22-2010, 11:00 PM
>>> uhhh? No. I can dislike some music, some styles, etc. But musicians had never done something bad to me, so why should I hate them?..:luca:

Hythloday
06-23-2010, 12:28 AM
>>> uhhh? No. I can dislike some music, some styles, etc. But musicians had never done something bad to me, so why should I hate them?..:luca:

Actually, he told me not to tell you, but Justin Bieber kicked your dog. IDK why, I told him "Man, that's weak", and he was just like "STFU YOU BETTER NOT TELL BLACK ORB OR HE'LL HAVE A REASON TO HATE ME."

Shiny
06-23-2010, 12:39 AM
Nickelback.
Oh god, yes. They make completely generic and mundane music.

I actually like Muse though. I liked them before they got super popular in the States. :|

The Man
06-23-2010, 12:40 AM
Someone actually put two of Nickelback's songs and superimposed them on top of one another to show that they're exactly the same song. I'm too lazy to find the link but it was hilarious.

edit:
I'm too lazy to find the linkHAHAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS. here (http://web.archive.org/web/20040608205954/http://www.nintendorks.com/brandon/archives/000475.php)

Clo
06-23-2010, 01:06 AM
I think I heard a new Nickelback song the other day, too. They are STILL making music! Someone needs to do something about this! :mad2:

Laddy
06-23-2010, 07:33 AM
I find it increasingly hard to hate or dislike anyone who produces subpar music and then proceeds to their outrageously-sized mansion to swim in their pool of bills.

I do, however, find myself growing very jealous of their lifestyles.
Only you would think that, you evil Bunny you. :jess:

Levian
06-23-2010, 07:58 AM
Pretty much any rap. I don't know how people can separate good rap from bad rap.

Of course, no rules are without exceptions.

Jessweeee♪
06-26-2010, 03:55 AM
I used to really like Coldplay, but now it just reminds me of this really pretentious prick I used to have to sit next to during a two hour class in the 12th grade. He would just go on and on about how awesome he is because he plays tennis and he's dating some girl who's 22 and he listens to Coldplay and is concerned about the environment and has this awesome job at the aquarium. He'd make my friend and I feel like :bou::bou::bou::bou: because we didn't pay attention or do much work during class. It was high school, nobody cares :nonono:

Did Gorillaz change things up with that new album or something? I can get how it's not really your thing, but whiny? xD

NeoCracker
06-26-2010, 06:42 AM
After hearing 'California Girls' from Katty Perry, I'm reminded of my intense hatred of her.

I mean my god, she has some of the most dumbbass lyrics of any mainstream artist out there.

And how desperate is Snoop Dog for cash that he'd let himself get featured on that godforsaken song?

Clo
06-26-2010, 06:46 AM
I agree with Jess, what IS Gorillaz new album like? Because I love their old stuff, and it's not whiny at all. :p

NeoCracker
06-26-2010, 06:53 AM
I freaking love Plastic Beach. There is nothing slightly whiny about any of their music.

YouTube - Gorillaz - Rhinestone Eyes (With Lyrics) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKVdhyslVQo)

Sheep is just off her rocker. ;)

Rad Bromance
06-27-2010, 05:02 AM
here (http://web.archive.org/web/20040608205954/http://www.nintendorks.com/brandon/archives/000475.php)
You know, I recall seeing this years ago and I thought "Thanks Captain Obvious!" You could do this with thousands of songs and playing them together they'll have a main beat pattern or tempo that's the same.

According to this logic 90% of all the music ever produced SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME OMGRIPOFFARTISTSAMECRAPOVERAGAINBAWW!

But I agree that most of Nickleback's stuff is pretty unpleasant (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0DU4DoPP4).

The Man
06-27-2010, 05:32 AM
It's a bit rarer when the chord patterns turn out not to be terribly dissonant when superimposed over one another as well, though. Plus, at least most artists I listen to change up the tempo from time to time in their songs.

Also in BarelySeeAtAll's defence I don't think he was trying to imply that all of the artists he mentioned were whiny, just MCR. It's still a pretty dumb list though, because, as already mentioned, Oasis, Gorillaz and Muse are legions better than MCR.

Raistlin
06-27-2010, 05:35 AM
You know, I recall seeing this years ago and I thought "Thanks Captain Obvious!" You could do this with thousands of songs and playing them together they'll have a main beat pattern or tempo that's the same.

I agree completely. I remember seeing that years ago as well, and had the exact same thought. There are tons of more legitimate reasons to hate Nickelback. The music does tend to sound the same, but that's because they're just a bland and crappy band rather than them actually copying themselves.

The Man
06-27-2010, 05:37 AM
Yeah, I don't think they're actually intentionally copying themselves; it just goes to show they have a lack of musical imagination which results in all their songs sounding the same.

Freya
06-27-2010, 05:51 PM
I do have to admit though that I like a lot of these dumb artist's songs cause they are dumb and catchy.

Rantz
07-02-2010, 10:03 AM
BrokenCYDE are pretty terrible. I can't really think of anything I outright hate, though. White power bands and the like, I guess.

Rebellious Eagle
07-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Ke$ha, Miley Cyrus (any Disney singer, really), Owl City, and The Beatles irritate me to no end. I can't stand Top 40 radio stations anymore because all they play is homogenized, auto-tuned crap. D:

The Man
07-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Ke$ha, Miley Cyrus (any Disney singer, really), Owl City, and The Beatles irritate me to no end. I can't stand Top 40 radio stations anymore because all they play is homogenized, auto-tuned crap. D:I can understand most of these, but... The Beatles? Don't even belong in the same universe as the others you mentioned.

Rebellious Eagle
07-04-2010, 12:55 AM
I was never a fan of them. They're just a bit, well, over rated. C'mon, I'm not the only one here who doesn't like The Beatles. ;/

Jessweeee♪
07-04-2010, 02:21 AM
The Beatles aren't terrible, but I'm not really a fan. What annoys me are teenagers who say they like The Beatles just to be pretentious >:I

Carl the Llama
07-04-2010, 02:56 AM
In b4 Oddler!

I hate Hanson x.x

oddler
07-04-2010, 03:02 AM
HO MY DGO.

I actually decided not to post because I couldn't figure out how to word what I was going to say. xD

What really makes a musician "bad" was the point I was going to throw out there. It's so subjective that I don't even think it's worth getting into. I personally don't really worry about artists I don't like to listen to and instead focus on musicians I really like. Meh.

Carl the Llama
07-04-2010, 04:07 AM
Lol I was wondering if you was writing your life story or something the length of time you was taking to post :p

NeoCracker
07-04-2010, 04:50 AM
The Beatles aren't terrible, but I'm not really a fan. What annoys me are teenagers who say they like The Beatles just to be pretentious >:I

...Who the hell would say they like an almost entirely universally loved band in order to be pretentious?

Inferno
07-04-2010, 06:54 AM
U2
Nickleback
Bon Jovi
50 Cent

Simple plan.... this band is a disgrace to my nation

superbeckie.
07-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Suprised nobody's mentioned All Time Low. Mind you, if you had, I'd have to slap you because I'm a Hustler, bro.

And I'm not going to lie. I love Owl City, Ke$ha and some of the other stuff that's been listed. I can cope with Brokencyde to a point, after the first couple of songs I'm practically dying inside. Same with Family Force 5. I currently have Dance Or Die stuck in my head, and it's depressing.

As far as hating goes, Nickleback tops the list. There's also spots for Metro Station, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Tinchy Stryder, N Dubz, Chipmunk and so on and so forth.

G13
07-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Simple Plan

Miley Cyrus
Lil Wayne
Kanye West

U2
Nickleback
Bon Jovi
50 Cent

All of this.

Who I hate most of all is... Nickelback :stare:. Actually, I just hate Chad Kroeger. The rest of those Nickelback dicks can shove off, I'm just going to assume they're following his lead. I saw a music video for a band called My Darkest Days yesterday and he was doing some guest singing. I automatically hate that band now for associating with that fucker.

Laddy
07-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Santana geeting that ass to sing is the worst of all.

Jiro
07-05-2010, 12:38 PM

Did Gorillaz change things up with that new album or something? I can get how it's not really your thing, but whiny? xD

There was a comma there. Everything after the comma is just stuff she hates, MCR was the only one she mentioned as whiny :p

Can't say I hate any musicians really. I even get sick enjoyment out of how terrible Brokencyde are. Not that I would go out of my way to listen to them, but imposing that :bou::bou::bou::bou: on others is golden.

Also in regards to the Kesha hate -- without her, we would not have received this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4npUdfEmbQ&feature=channel). :jess:

oddler
07-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Jiro is awesome for the following:

Can't say I hate any musicians really.

and

this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4npUdfEmbQ&feature=channel).

That's even better than the Key of Awesome one.

BarelySeeAtAll
07-05-2010, 09:32 PM

it's not whiny at all. :p

Sheep is just off her rocker. ;)

Also in BarelySeeAtAll's defence I don't think he was trying to imply that all of the artists he mentioned were whiny, just MCR.

There was a comma there. Everything after the comma is just stuff she hates, MCR was the only one she mentioned as whiny :p

I'm glad two people read what I wrote properly. Thanks Neo for remembering who I really am, and thanks Jiro for realising I'm a chick, not a dude ;) Thank you The (wo)Man.

Another few artists I've realised I hate:

N-Dubz. You aren't cool, grow up.
I liked Example for a tiny tiny while, but he's kind of getting overplayed and my mate won't shut up about him. When that happens you can't resist disliking them.
Nickelback played the other day. :mad2:.
Gone off Disturbed, but that's no hate..

Why did I say that? No idea.

Owl city went through a random spell of good, then everyone got lovey dovey over them and I must have missed something.

Erm.

I wish I could contribute more.

Forsaken Lover
07-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Hating someone for producing music you don't like is ridiculous.
Hating them for their personal actions or ideas however, is a bit more sensible.

To that end. I hate Kanye West.

Academic
07-09-2010, 08:27 AM
I can't say I -hate- anyone, but rather, their voice probably annoys me. I say a lot of times that I would like bands more if there was no singer. An example of this would be Dave Matthews. God, I hate his voice. It makes me cringe, but the instrumentals are cool.

Meat Puppet
07-09-2010, 09:00 AM
how are the beatles overrated they saved more people than jesus ever did

namely [bad leg joke removed by higher authority than I]

Jowy
07-10-2010, 01:10 AM
i hope dave matthews gets mauled by a bear

Shiny
07-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Oh, if we're talking about hating someone because of their personality then I'd go with John Mayer for, "And by the way, it's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n----r pass. Why are you pulling a punch and calling it a hood pass if you really have a hood pass? But I said, I can't have a hood pass. I've never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, we're full."

What the heck is he talking about?

Actually I'd still go with Lil Wanye too because he said, "I'm gonna be in the white house someday" and was actually serious.

Yeargdribble
07-13-2010, 07:27 AM

I agree completely. I remember seeing that years ago as well, and had the exact same thought. There are tons of more legitimate reasons to hate Nickelback. The music does tend to sound the same, but that's because they're just a bland and crappy band rather than them actually copying themselves.

Thing is, damn near everything you hear on the radio does this and it's far worse than you think. Almost any popular song you know has some variation of I, IV, vi, and V. I regularly sit at the piano and work on my ear-playing with popular music and it's laughable how often this is the case.

My wife and I like to also play a game in the car. It's called the "one note game." Because most songs are four-chord songs you can usually pick a single note and sing it straight through any song. The chord variety is so lacking that this one note will harmonize with almost every chord. Occasionally you might have to vary by a step every 4th chord.

I don't understand why people get so pissy.... well actually I do. It'[s triablism. It's the same reason people get so bent and defend themselves in 360 vs PS3 fights or pick a sports team and claim it to the superior in every way. That said, it's stupid. These artists haven't done anything to you. Hating them is a joke.

Lady Gaga is someone people love to hate. People just love jumping on the hate bandwagon. She's actually talented, but she's smart enough to play the game. She knows that talent won't get you crap in the music industry. Being weird and garnering attention while writing mediocre music will. She's sticking out on purpose and she's smarter for it. That doesn't make her music awesome, but there's no reason to hate her. Hate her all you like.

What I do dislike is what music has become. No one has real talent and those with it will have to hide it to make progress (Lady Gaga). You have to have an image. You can be tone deaf and become a musical start. The industry is full of image makers. They want beautiful people or interesting people or controversial people. They don't want musicians.

Some talentless hacks get lucky in the system while others work the system. The people who try to not sell out and try to be "real" artists aren't going to fare so well.

It's easy to judge someone for selling when your bills are paid.

EDIT: As for the John Mayer thing, I'm unaware of it as I haven't followed Mayer in several years. However, it sounds to me like he's making a valid point. If you have a hood pass you are free to say nigger. Therefore it's silly to call it a hood pass. Just call it a nigger pass. I disagree that it's really pulling any punches to call it a hood pass. It's just an easy way to refer to it for everyone whether or not they feel they can safely use the word nigger.

I could be wrong though considering I have no idea of the context in which he said it.

DarkBahamut
07-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Someone I hate?

MRS. UNDERAGE-SEX-JAILBAIT-QUEEN

MILEY. CYRUS.

Shoeberto
07-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Nickelback and Katie Perry are the two worst offenders in my mind right now.

Carnage-
07-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Nickelback (sounds the same in every song and easy to copy/make fun of), Brokencyde (is this even music?), Lil Wayne (self explanatory), Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, Cannibal Corpse (I may like metal but these guys are WAY fucked up), Justin Bieber.

I actually dislike 95% of rap music, the only kind I do prefer is select songs from Kid Cudi, Jay-Z, Ludacris, ect.

VeloZer0
07-13-2010, 11:23 PM
The music does tend to sound the same, but that's because they're just a bland and crappy band rather than them actually copying themselves.
Nickleback has songs ranging from country to hard rock. I think the problem is that the stations you are listening to only like to play similar sounding ones. They aren't my favorite bands, but I feel their non multi-demographic hits are by far their best work.

I just about exclusively listen to the rock station in Vancouver, so I can't say I experience a wide slice of what is out there. Consequently I don't have any rap/hip hop/country artists to hate, as I never hear any of their songs.

#1 by FAR: Tragically Hip. IMO they such, and they are played SOOOO much here. I know so many people who hate them, which of course just creates a self perpetuating feedback loop of hate :D

Hating someone for producing music you don't like is ridiculous.
You can hate the artist independently of the person. If that makes any sense.

Iceglow
07-14-2010, 08:21 AM
I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate...sorry got a little crazy there and well you can see why:

COLDPLAY

Theres a perfectly valid reason beyond being subjected to 9 hours constant of the Viva La Vida album on it's release day which is reason enough...

Chris fucking Martin! Seriously the man is married to Gywnneth Paltrow one of the most beautiful women out there in the world. More to the point it's not just that he's married to her happily so, he has beautiful children with her and is so rich he can pretty much buy anything he wants including islands if he chose to. Do you think Chris Martin is happy? He certainly doesn't with his needy, whiny, stupid, angsty songs he constantly sings. I just want to beat him screaming in to his face to try singing something happy.

Melissaur
07-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Someone I hate?

MRS. UNDERAGE-SEX-JAILBAIT-QUEEN

MILEY. CYRUS.

IMO, she is too annoying and ugly to be jailbait. Just seeing her name makes mad... >:{

superbeckie.
07-15-2010, 05:20 AM
All Time Low

I may or may not have to beat you up.
RARRRR. FEAR MEEEE.

Proxy
07-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Jacob Hoggard. I want to see him killed to death...dead

Manny
07-16-2010, 09:57 AM
If Stephanie Meyer were a musician, I would hate her the most.

I DO hate her the most, I don't care what she is.

The Man
07-17-2010, 10:26 PM
If Stephanie Meyer were a musician, I would hate her the most.

I DO hate her the most, I don't care what she is.I like the cut of your jib.

ScottyRedXIII
07-18-2010, 02:21 PM
DEATH TO BIEBER....... ok mabey deaths a little to harsh, mabe i'll just push him over so he cry's......

nik0tine
07-18-2010, 02:41 PM
I absolutely despise Kurt Cobain and Nirvana in general.

The Man
07-19-2010, 05:42 AM
DEATH TO BIEBER....... ok mabey deaths a little to harsh, mabe i'll just push him over so he cry's......Getting him to cry? That wouldn't take much effort.

Zeldy
07-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Oasis, NICKELBACK, All Time Low (although the singer is cute. I'll watch the video in mute), Coldplay, some band called Theory of a Deadman or something drive me crazy too.

YouTube - Theory Of A Deadman - Hate My Life [Explicit] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfnAOcBirAs)

:|

Rocket Edge
07-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Ke$ha or whatever way it's spelt. She have a voice that is perfect for scratching my hearing senses to pieces, plus she has a head on her like a melted welly.

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2010, 05:26 AM
I'm seeing Oasis mentioned a lot. I only ever heard the song used for Eden of the East and I really liked that song. Are they that bad, or is it just one of those cases of being over rated? xD

Clo
07-21-2010, 05:34 AM
Oasis is mediocre, which is just a matter of opinion, but the lead singer is annoying as hell and certainly knows how to get bad publicity, which is fact.

The Man
07-21-2010, 05:41 AM
Basically Oasis's music isn't atrocious or anything, they're just infuriatingly annoying as human beings. But yeah, some people do overrate them somewhat.

Laddy
07-21-2010, 06:58 AM
Oasis is good to great but as people they suck.

And NIRVANA!?!?!? Seriously? Well, I guess I understand. You see, Nirvana, while brilliant, was essentially the last "legendary" rock band (Muse could be the next and maybe Kings of Leon if they play their cards right). However, all the popular rock music still has a little Nirvana in it, bastardized and shameful Nirvana, but Nirvana. Everyone's trying to be the next Nirvana, which is a shame, because no will be Nirvana.

The Man
07-21-2010, 07:06 AM
Nirvana is another overrated band. They didn't actually invent anything; they're basically just a more polished version of the Pixies. Kurt Cobain still wrote a lot of great songs though.

Pheesh
07-21-2010, 11:39 AM
I think if you're in the right frame of mind when approaching it, Kurt Cobain's lyrics can really affect you, I associated with them an awful lot at one point and I still think they're brilliant.

If they weren't so hilarious to watch, I'd probably have to say Attack Attack! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMf4NivM6TA)

The Man
07-21-2010, 07:38 PM
I'll grant that Cobain's lyrics are often quite strong. If anything, that part of his music is often underrated.

Hythloday
07-21-2010, 11:35 PM
I was at a point in my life where nothing anyone could say about Nirvana could ever phase me, I knew they were overplayed. I found it all sacrilegious, how people sung along but they knew not what it meant, or nothing. But I had a spot in my heart for Kurt Cobain, all of it. From Sub-Pop to all the radio-friendly poop that was being released towards the end, I loved it. It showed me a world of grunge rock I never would have been exposed to. Bands like Meat Puppets, Eyes Adrift (obviously post-Nirvana), Babes in Toyland, L7, and my personal favorite Mudhoney.

Then something happened.
'Twilight''s Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in new film? | Movies News | NME.COM (http://www.nme.com/movies/news/twilights-robert-pattinson-to-play-kurt-cobain-in-new-film/170254)

...and nothing was ever the same.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
07-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Hate: Coldplay, U2, and any boy band like All Time Low.

The Man
07-23-2010, 08:55 AM
'Twilight''s Robert Pattinson to play Kurt Cobain in new film? | Movies News | NME.COM (http://www.nme.com/movies/news/twilights-robert-pattinson-to-play-kurt-cobain-in-new-film/170254)<span style="font-size: 72px; font-weight: bold;">FUCK EVERYTHING</span>

Laddy
07-23-2010, 09:12 AM
It's like they're not even trying to avoid pissing the guy off now.

Pheesh
07-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Ugh, I can imagine him storming around in his trailer ordering his manager to get him that part, that sucks.

Not that a Kurt Cobain biopic should even exist, but if it had to it's cool that David Fincher will be directing it.

KentaRawr!
07-23-2010, 03:57 PM
I don't really hate any musicians. They make music. If I don't like it, so what? :p

Lunatic_High
07-23-2010, 04:49 PM
For some reason Paloma Faith really freaks me out, I don't know why but I think it may be the way she speaks?

BardTard
07-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Rihanna. Ugh, I can't stand her voice and most of her songs are really crappy. Like that one that goes something like "don't say you're sorry cus you're not, you're only sorry you got caught." REALLY? My 8 year old cousin could come up with something better than that.

Shiny
07-27-2010, 12:51 AM
I was watching something, or rather listening to Behind the Music today as I was working. And omg, Usher is such an arrogant tool bag. I can't believe I never realized this before. I guess with age he'll grow up.

Also people calm down. That is just a rumor that he will be playing Kurt Cobain and not actually confirmed.

Meat Puppet
07-27-2010, 01:05 AM

And NIRVANA!?!?!? Seriously? Well, I guess I understand. You see, Nirvana, while brilliant, was essentially the last "legendary" rock band (Muse could be the next and maybe Kings of Leon if they play their cards right). However, all the popular rock music still has a little Nirvana in it, bastardized and shameful Nirvana, but Nirvana. Everyone's trying to be the next Nirvana, which is a shame, because no will be Nirvana.
proof that you know next to nothing

Laddy
07-27-2010, 03:26 AM

proof that you know next to nothing
*cue Owl image*

I Took the Red Pill
07-27-2010, 07:25 AM
T-Pain, dear god T-Pain.

Trumpet Thief
07-28-2010, 05:56 AM
3OH!3, Taylor Swift, Lil Wayne, Lady Gaga, Nickelback, and Paramore especially, should burn in smurfing hell.

And Rihanna! And most of these names were taken by skimming through the thread, so I'm glad that people can relate

The Space Pope
07-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Nirvana is another overrated band. They didn't actually invent anything; they're basically just a more polished version of the Pixies. Kurt Cobain still wrote a lot of great songs though.
Yeah, Cobain himself said that Nirvana wasn't original and that the Pixies did it first. I used to like them quite a bit but sort of grew out of them as I started listening to more diverse music thanks to Napster. I still love In Utero, though.

I hate trend and piggyback bands, no matter the genre. Or bands that sing about the same thing over and over (Ex. I lost my boy/girl :().

escobert
07-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Lil Wayne
add 50 cent to that and there's my list! Oh and Soulja boy