PDA

View Full Version : Game Designers are AMAZING

champagne supernova
06-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Which guy at Square-Enix thought it'd be a great idea not to include a Save Point in the Desert Palace? Because I dig progressing an hour into a game and then getting cheaply killed by some enemies with very cheap abilities, just so I can repeat it again. What a fantastic idea! May this individual get knighted.

I know this game is old, but sometimes, I think whoever created it wasn't thinking straight. Like, why do I walk past the Iifa Tree, to Madin Sari, back to the Iifa Tree, back to Madin Sari, back to the Iifa Tree. Seriously?

EDIT: Also, the guy who thought it'd be a fantastic idea for Garnet to be unable to concentrate - you sir, are also amazing.

Rantz
06-19-2010, 05:47 PM
There are two save points in the Desert Palace! One is in the room where you solve a puzzle with Cid (return to the room after solving the puzzle). The other is in the room to the left of the one with three bookshelves stacked on top of each other.

As for the back-and-forth, yeah, that's a bit annoying. Then again, that sort of thing is pretty common in RPGs, I feel xD At least it's not that long!

Clo
06-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I just played the game and I remember there being Save Points there.

But! I agree that the Garnet thing was infuriating. Yet I wasn't realistic enough to get mad at the game developers, I just decided to dislike her character: "You stupid bitch, get over your problems so I can WIN BATTLES!!!"

Depression Moon
06-19-2010, 05:54 PM
For walking back to the Iifa Tree, it's for story progression after you go the first time there's a long intermission before you go again.

Vermachtnis
06-19-2010, 05:56 PM
You should try playing a game by Atlus.

champagne supernova
06-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks for pointing out the save points. Still angry at the game designer for not making them obvious.

Yeah, but you could've gone to Madain Sari first, got all the stuff done there, then back-track to Iifa Tree. But I'm just more angry that an hour of my life has been wasted. AAAAAAAH!

And almost more of my time was wasted because Garnet can't concentrate. Why can't I have Beatrix in my party? WAAAAAHAAAHAAA!

EDIT: That moogle's name is Mojito. That is awesome.

Depression Moon
06-19-2010, 06:14 PM
The other is in the room to the left of the one with three bookshelves stacked on top of each other.

The moogle's actually blocking the hallway to the statue puzzle room, before you fight the boss isn't it?

champagne supernova
06-19-2010, 06:24 PM
The other is in the room to the left of the one with three bookshelves stacked on top of each other.

The moogle's actually blocking the hallway to the statue puzzle room, before you fight the boss isn't it?

No, it's left of the bookshelf. Just found it!

Old Manus
06-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Like, why do I walk past the Iifa Tree, to Madin Sari, back to the Iifa Tree, back to Madin Sari, back to the Iifa Tree. SeriouslySounds like the developers had just been playing too much Resident Evil :onoes: