PDA

View Full Version : EoFF's Final Fantasy IX Fan Duuuub~

Laddy
06-23-2010, 04:39 AM
Anyone interested? This game has one of the best writing in the whole series, and I think we could pull it off, if anyone is dedicated enough, I'd love to record all the lines for FFIX, you?

I have multiple lines prepared for my audition, I'll be auditiong for Zidane, Steiner, Kuja, Garland, among others. WHAT SAY YOU?

Depression Moon
06-23-2010, 02:58 PM
I would if I had the equipment. closest thing i have to voice recognition software is my PSeye

LowCaloriePie
06-23-2010, 09:18 PM
I thought this would help make things more organized.

Main Characters

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060516152654/finalfantasy/images/thumb/c/c2/Zidane_Tribal_character.jpg/130px-Zidane_Tribal_character.jpg
ZIDANETRIBAL

You don't need a reason to help people.
In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but the way things are. The choice is yours.
I had a whole speech ready for her. But it would've been a lie! How could I lie to her!? 'Good luck, Dagger! I'll be watching you from afar.' 'Come find me if you need someone to talk to.' It's a big fat lie! That's not how I feel at all! That's not how I feel... at all.
Piece of cake! I'm an escape artist.
Ooo, soft...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100618130057/finalfantasy/images/thumb/2/2d/Vivi_Ornitier_character.jpg/150px-Vivi_Ornitier_character.jpg
VIVIORUNITIA

How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist...
I have to find out who I am... I'm scared... What if I'm not even human...?
I won't let you make any more instruments of murder!
I always talked about you, Zidane. How you were a very special person to us, because you taught us all how important life is. You taught me that life doesn't last forever. That's why we have to help each other and live life to the fullest. Even if you say goodbye, you'll always be in our hearts. So, I know we're not alone anymore. Why I was born... How I wanted to live... Thanks for giving me time to think. To keep doing what you set your heart on... It's a very hard thing to do. We were all so courageous... What to do when I felt lonely... That was the only thing you couldn't teach me. But we need to figure out the answer for ourselves... I'm so happy I met everyone... I wish we could've gone on more adventures. But I guess we all have to say goodbye someday. Everyone... Thank you. Farewell. My memories will be part of the sky...

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100618130406/finalfantasy/images/thumb/b/b5/Adelbert_Steiner_character.jpg/150px-Adelbert_Steiner_character.jpg
ADELBERTSTEINER

Having sworn fealty, must I spend my life in servitude?
OG...!!! OGLOP!!!
Bah! Only a flesh wound!
I shall petition for a life sentence on his behalf. Yes, that would be the honorable thing!
Princess? Princess?! PRINCESS!!!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100419140429/finalfantasy/images/thumb/e/e8/Garnet_Til_Alexandros_XVII_character.jpg/180px-Garnet_Til_Alexandros_XVII_character.jpg
GARNETALEXANDROS

Someday I will be queen, but I will always be myself.
Mother... Zidane... No... I can't depend on them anymore! As the queen of Alexandria, I must protect my kingdom.
Get off me, you scumbag!
If it weren't for you, I probably would've led a meaningless life. With you, I was able to see so much of the world and meet so many people.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060611200039/finalfantasy/images/thumb/8/80/Amarant_Coral_character.jpg/150px-Amarant_Coral_character.jpg
AMARANTCORAL

The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty.
Damn hypocrite. Always talking about friendship, when you're nothing but a selfish loner.
I'd rather die as a warrior than live as a beggar.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060516152310/finalfantasy/images/thumb/5/5c/Freya_Crescent_character.jpg/220px-Freya_Crescent_character.jpg
FREYACRESCENT

To be forgotten is worse than death.
Rat-face... After I finish my drink, I'm gonna kick your butt.
Fratley... You never came back... You've left me with nothing except rumors of your death. I couldn't believe it! I still won't believe it! Never. Not until I witness proof of your death with my own eyes. And I will travel across the world forever if I must...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060516153522/finalfantasy/images/thumb/2/24/Quina_Quen_character.jpg/180px-Quina_Quen_character.jpg
QUINAQUEN

I do what I want! You have problem!?
Good food not only delicious! Good food made with heart! This very important when cooking for friends!
Frog. Is...talking? Should I eat..? Maybe I eat.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060908201841/finalfantasy/images/thumb/f/fc/Eiko_Carol_character.jpg/110px-Eiko_Carol_character.jpg
EIKOCAROL

I don't wanna be alone anymore.
Listen to me. You should never lie to yourself.
I'm not gonna cry! I'm a grown-up now, and crying won't help one bit!
That's no way to treat a lady!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060419163006/finalfantasy/images/thumb/d/de/AmanoKuja.jpg/180px-AmanoKuja.jpg
KUJAMEANIEPANTS
(It's ironic because he doesn't wear pants! :p)

I find this rain quite pleasant. It is as if the raindrops are blessing our victory.
Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past... Though we hope for promising years. After shedding a thousand tears, yesterday's sorrow constantly nears. And while the moon still shines blue, by dawn, it will turn to scarlet hue.
What comedy! Zidane, isn't it hilarious!? I'll die just like the black mages I so despise! I single-handedly brought chaos unto Gaia, but in the end, I'm nothing but a worthless doll! ... I won't let it happen. I won't... I won't let this world exist without me!
Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!
After you guys beat me, I had nothing left...nothing more to lose. Then, I finally realized what it means to live... I guess I was too late.

aquatius
06-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Does accent matter? I'm guessing most people will be American, but you could always have a stereotypical British accent for Kuja :P

Loony BoB
06-29-2010, 01:45 PM
If anyone needs a British accent, it's Steiner. There's no such thing as an American Knight.

You should do casting calls or something. You know, get a bunch of voices together and figure out who should do who based on them. Things will sound much, much better that way.

Also, you should start simple instead of doing the whole thing from the start, if that's not already been mentioned/figured out. Just do a "in a nutshell" thing. I remember FFVIII in a nutshell, which featured one or two EoFFers. That was awesome. :D

Christmas
06-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Quina is one challenging character! :quina:

L9999
06-29-2010, 03:04 PM
I could probably do Kuja, now that I think about it... since I have an odd accent... I imagine Kuja having this mellow voice with a weird cadence... like he's always singing a bit his words. haha

Vivisteiner
06-30-2010, 02:24 AM
I've got an English accent and I'm generally decent at acting...

BUT I'm not sure I'll be able to do the required accents properly and I'm not sure how good my mike is. I'll probably be up for this though...although I'd need help on the technical side of things...

Laddy
06-30-2010, 04:34 AM
I always imagined this for accents...

Zidane-French or American
Dagger-Upper-Class English
Steiner-English
Vivi-American
Freya-Russian or German
Quina-Spanish
Eiko-American
Amarant-Australian, Jamaican, or Southern American
Kuja-English, Italian, or French

Skyblade
06-30-2010, 06:00 AM
Oddly enough, I think the character I perform best as is Kuja. Never really figured myself as the insane thong-wearing villain type, to be honest.

McLovin'
06-30-2010, 06:59 AM
Nothing can come close the FF9 dub on youtube by Actorman.

LowCaloriePie
06-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Nothing can come close the FF9 dub on youtube by Actorman.

Except for OneWingedChaos's. :)

rubah
07-01-2010, 02:29 PM
oh my god xD when kishi and I played it, we took turns doing all the voices xD it was so hilarious.

I want in!

Wolf Kanno
07-03-2010, 08:29 AM
If I had a working mic, I would be up for this. Guess I have another item to add to my growing shopping list for my computer.

Stiltzkin
07-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Can I play myself? :mog:

Christmas
07-07-2010, 01:11 PM

Oh yes, you can play with yourself anytime you want. Just clean up everything when you are done! Kupo! :bigsmile:

Laddy
07-07-2010, 04:41 PM
If you have the chops.

I will assume Director for this project will try to lend my voices for what is fitting.

Seeing as this has garnered enough interest, I believe it should be time for auditions. :colbert:

SImply post an audio file/video containing lines of the character(s) you want to apply for, preferabbly with the accents stated, and we'll discuss later. :D

superbeckie.
07-07-2010, 04:52 PM
I'll be happy to audtion for Garnet, as long as everyone is cool with a Very British version. xD I'll hopefully have mine up tomorrow morning. :)

Brennan
07-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Saw LowCaloriePie's post, and I had to do it.

LowCaloriePie
07-07-2010, 06:21 PM

:D

Vivisteiner
07-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Had a quick punt at Steiner just for jokes. :p

I'll be doing my proper auditioning with LowCaloriePie's lines later but any tips would be useful.

Brennan
07-09-2010, 04:26 AM

:D

Oh yah, you had to remind me of that line, didn't you?

Jiro
07-09-2010, 05:07 AM
I'm ill at the moment, but I could do Amarant I suppose. If you think my accent would suit.

G13
07-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Quina is one challenging character! :quina:

I always pictured Quina's voice similar to the cookie monster's. :monster:

Wolf Kanno
07-10-2010, 05:36 AM
I'm ill at the moment, but I could do Amarant I suppose. If you think my accent would suit.

I think an Aussie accent would work well for Amarant as long as it was deep enough.

Brennan
07-10-2010, 04:31 PM
This thread made me start to replay FFIX...

Another Zidane line, "Damn, you're ugly!"

Laddy
07-11-2010, 09:10 PM
I'll have a Quina and Amarant audition up later today or early tomorrow. :)

razorrozar7
09-12-2010, 07:34 PM
I think my voice works best as Zidane's. I'll record a sample as soon as I can.

Freya
09-12-2010, 07:48 PM
I always imagine quina with a russian accent.

Laddy
09-12-2010, 08:07 PM
OMG Freeeeeya! <3 That was really good, more lines perhaps? You could do a good Freya with a similair accent.

Freya
09-12-2010, 08:24 PM
lol no. You get that one that's it xD

Laddy
09-12-2010, 08:29 PM
:(

Logie
09-13-2010, 03:38 AM
I always imagine quina with a russian accent.

I'm so in love with you right now. :spin:

Mr Twisticles
10-10-2010, 12:22 AM
I can do a wide range of accents and I absolutely adore FFIX.
If I could, I'd love to do Zidane, Steiner or Kuja...
But if you need anyone for the sub characters like Doctor Tot etc, let me know what you need and maybe I could audition? If this is still happening?

Laddy
10-13-2010, 05:11 AM
I would still love to do it. Post some samples and I'll work from there.

Vyk
10-13-2010, 05:19 AM
I'm not sure I have the voice for it, but I'd be interested. Though I'm not sure my laptop's mic is good enough for anything close to professional

Laddy
10-13-2010, 07:02 AM
Get the professional outta your head. >:D This is about fun!

Vyk
10-13-2010, 07:38 AM
I know but we don't want it to -sound- amateur. My deep druggy-sounding voice mixed with a microphone that is no more than a hole built into the side of my laptop is liable to create some interesting (and likely useless) results lol

Not that I think I'm suited to any of the main cast anyway. I'd probably fit better as an NPC in that particular game. So I doubt it matters. Not likely to have a bunch of volunteers for NPCs either way

Laddy
10-13-2010, 03:13 PM
We're all amateur. No one gets paid for this. Heck, most of us probably aren't even any good anyways.

Freya
10-13-2010, 06:28 PM
deep druggy voice is how I pictured Amarant!

Mr Twisticles
10-13-2010, 10:15 PM
33723Amarant
33724Blank
33725Quina
33726Kuja
33728Steiner

I have one for Zidane, but I can't double post!

Laddy
10-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Comments

First of all, they're all very well-acted.

1. Amarant sounds awesome but it's a bit too deep than I imagined; I've always imagined him as more of a younger, slightly gruffer Auron. But again, we're going by interpretations. A similair voice for Baku would be great though.

2. Blank sounds excellent. The accent is good (if that's not your original accent then it's even better), the youthful and playful energy is great as well.

3. Quina made lol. In a good way. It's no androgynous but that's not what I'm looking for. Pretty good.

4. Kuja is really damn good. Might be my favorite, I don't know. It's well-acted, has his energy, and is brilliant for the repetoire of emotions he goes through.

5. Steiner's is good. You've captured his courage and honesty wonderfully. He sounds "knightly" yet still able to be taken humorously.

You're pretty good at this!

Mr Twisticles
10-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Well, I'm up for anything my friend.
I'm really chuffed you liked my interpretations; it's a lot harder than it looks. It took me a few hours to think of a way I thought each character sounded in my head.
Kuja was my favourite to do, as was Blank, as he's my favourite minor character.
If you think you can use me, let me know what character, and I'll record as much or as little as you want. :)

oh, and Blank's isn't my real accent, but close enough :')

Laddy
10-14-2010, 12:38 AM
I'll keep you in mind for Blank, Kuja, and Steiner for right now, I'll tackle some myself and you can gimme some advice when the time

Mr Twisticles
10-14-2010, 01:07 AM
I'm not fantastic with an American accent but...
I'm happy to give advice, and those characters sound awesome to do. :)
If the Kuja voice wasn't what you were looking for, I'm gonna mull over something for Garland maybe.

vivi the master
10-14-2010, 02:08 AM
..I find this very interesting...I'll try to get an audition up as soon as possible...its to late tonight though.

|-THE redmage-|
10-14-2010, 02:15 AM
Just curious, when would a "due date" be for these voice clips? I may decide to do this if I ever get time.

Laddy
10-14-2010, 03:34 AM
I have no set due date really. The thread's been up a while.

EDIT: The Zidane is really good in tone and acting. The accent's not perfect, but not bad. Enunciate the words a little more and you'll be perfect. (When doing British accents, I enunicate a little less, which makes makes it slightly more convincing. Dunno about it, but it's worth a shot.)

EDIT2: I meant Kuja instead of Amarant. Sorry. :/

vivi the master
10-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Ok...Well I did this for fun..and now my voice hurts
Here is a..non serious (but kinda fitting) Quina Audition
Yes I talk between the lines...because it hurts my throat to talk like that..

Laddy
10-14-2010, 05:01 PM
I lol'd much. xD

vivi the master
10-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Well here is a more...serious one...I'll be doing a few but I have time so I'll do
Garland and a few others
I'll try Zidane some other time...I dont' have any accent but I'll try anyway
(its not out now because I can't do the "ooh soft" without laughing because I say it way to enthusiastically)
These are mostly for fun though...as they kinda suck
(edit: umm I have to go ..so I'll only upload Garland for Now..Zorn and Thorn as soon as possible)33733

Laddy
10-23-2010, 07:11 PM
The Garland one is pretty good.

Professor Complexity
07-22-2011, 01:48 PM
So its been nearly a year, did anything happen with this project? I've seen a few similar (such as AderuMoro's (http://www.youtube.com/user/AderuMoro)) so I'm interested to see how this project progressed.

10-Breaker
07-27-2011, 09:15 PM
What about Lan, the hawt sidekick Amarant has?