PDA

View Full Version : Argh the perfume X__________________x

Peegee
06-23-2010, 07:34 PM
There's a few mini topics in this revelation. Things I dislike, embarrassing things that has happened to you, and whatever um...novelty.

There's a girl in another dept that keeps hitting on me. I don't treat her with anything beyond professional courtesy bordering on rudeness (wat), but it doesn't work. I am not going to go full blown nice guy to get rid of her btw so I'll have to deal with the constant advances

[fun fact she's 6' or more and overweight. Yay PG]
before you even say anything to me, do you even know why this matters?

The actual point of the thread is this - she wears perfume and I can't @#?#$ing stand it. It's so strong I can tell when she's standing behind me, or when she's in the area. Newsflash to men and women: one spray and that's it.

Which reminds me - I also fail to remember this sometimes. I have gone as high as 3 sprays of colonge on myself because of this exact same problem.

Topics: how would you respond to being hit on by somebody totally undesirable? do you wear too much perfume? WHY DID AN EARTHQUAKE HIT MY BUILDING AND I DIDN'T FEEL A THING (http://www.thestar.com/breakingnews/article/827425--tremors-felt-in-toronto?bn=1)?

Also the embarrassing thing but that's discussed on another thread maybe I don't know asl?

Chris
06-23-2010, 07:57 PM
This thread is interesting in its sheer weirdness. :D

I take everything people throw my way with a smile. It's hard though, if their scent knocks you out before you get the chance to smile.

Clo
06-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Topics: how would you respond to being hit on by somebody totally undesirable? do you wear too much perfume? WHY DID AN EARTHQUAKE HIT MY BUILDING AND I DIDN'T FEEL A THING (http://www.thestar.com/breakingnews/article/827425--tremors-felt-in-toronto?bn=1)?

I felt the earthquake and stood up all like ninja style and looked around the room for a minute before concluding that there was construction somewhere on the road.

It was weiiiird!

~*~Celes~*~
06-23-2010, 08:02 PM
I use body spray, which is considerably weaker than perfume, but still smells great.

When someone is hitting on me and I feel uncomfortable about it, I try to be polite but distant about it so as to not hurt their feelings by being harshly blunt, but when they notice I'm deattached, they back off. Usually. There have been some idiots that don't get the hint :shifty: In which case, I'm more honest and let them know that I'm not comfortable with it. If they still don't stop, I stop spending time around them.

We have had tiny earthquakes around here that I barely notice, so it's not so unusual. :D However, there have been some where I feel it and I'm like "wu...must have been a train or something."

Rodarian
06-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Awww someone has a crush on you!!!

As for perfume..Why don't u inform management stating that there is certain person wearing perfume that you're unable to work effectively cause of overpowering smell....

That way you can be scott free from the chick suspecting you.

In regards to the earthquake.. I called my parents... They were at the mall so they didn't feel it strongly but my bro and grand parents felt it....

Shlup
06-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Hahaha, Godzilla is attempting to mate with PG. It's funny 'cause I can picture you snuggling up with like the Gothopotimous or something. Adorable.

I do not think my scents are too strong. I rarely spray myself with extra smells anyway. I like the smell of my conditioner though.

I deal with unwelcome advanced by ignoring them. I don't have to deal with that so much anymore though.

Aerith's Knight
06-23-2010, 08:18 PM
I wink at women, it's not old-fashioned, it's timeless. :cool:

As for cologne, One spray, maybe two if it didn't come out right. But yeah, I've had to sit next to women who put on so much it makes me sneeze. Annoying stuff.

xXsarahXx
06-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Awww someone has a crush on you!!!

As for perfume..Why don't u inform management stating that there is certain person wearing perfume that you're unable to work effectively cause of overpowering smell....

This, but add in that you have Asthma and cant breath or something lol

rubah
06-23-2010, 10:03 PM
man, I put on perfume the other day, and forget one spray, I put one drop on and it was plenty.
(and you know how hard it is to get one drop out!)

Hythloday
06-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Well, y'know, there's an even worse possibility that someday she'll come in with no perfume and end up smelling worse.

I generally just bring up a girlfriend. Even if I don't have one. It's easy. You can always segue a conversation into one about your significant other.

Peegee
06-24-2010, 12:57 AM
But then word will spread that I'm taken and they'll be all 'hey Mike we won't find you a girlfriend any more' (not like they will. 100% of the time people say they have someone in mind or will find somebody for you, they are lying through their teeth.

I should just be mean. Mean always works.

black orb
06-24-2010, 01:12 AM
>>> I like perfume but that stuff is expensive so I dont use it..:luca:

About undesirable people hitting on me, well I dont have that problem since I am the most undesirable person in the world..

KentaRawr!
06-24-2010, 02:03 AM
I honestly feel attracted to taller girls, so if I were in your position, I'd probably have a crush on her. But of course, I can't be in your position, because I'm slightly taller than you. :(

Breine
06-24-2010, 11:09 PM
About undesirable people hitting on me, well I dont have that problem since I am the most undesirable person in the world..

Since when?

I use this antiperspirant deo that doesn't smell of much. I think it's from Nivea. It's good. I only use perfume/cologne/whatever when I go out.

Anyway, just give the girl the "friend vibe". Like, be nice to her, but don't lead her on.

Mo-Nercy
06-25-2010, 12:21 AM
You've been skunked, my friend. I'm so sorry.

I don't wear a whole lot of cologne. I'm quite stingy with the stuff, so one or two sprays usually.

Shiny
06-25-2010, 05:21 AM
I use to wear only 1 spritz of perfume a day, but now I normally just use Tone soap scents and occasionally scented lotion from Bed Bath & Beyond. I really like the Jasmine Ginger body lotion. I don't like when people over spray because they want to smell it. It's sort of the same thing as this girl I know who overuses her lip gloss because she can't feel it on her lips if she's not wearing a ridiculous amount. I call her lip sweat girl.

Rodarian
06-25-2010, 06:00 AM
Anyway, just give the girl the "friend vibe". Like, be nice to her, and then lead her to a dark alley and start the bludgeoning......

fix'd:radred:

BarelySeeAtAll
06-25-2010, 09:11 AM
I don't tend to overuse my perfume - Dior is usually strong enough anyway but smells smexyyy :cool: I did get it in my eye the other day though..and conditioner. :( it doesn't feel as nice as it all smells

Not many people do hit on me in these here parts, once a guy did though (and kind of still does, but I don't class it as hitting on, because it's too regular) and I was what...14 at the time? I just kind of blushed and muttered thanks. It's not a compliment unless it's from someone good looking. Every single time I just wonder, "Why God, why?"

Peegee
06-25-2010, 03:08 PM
>It's not a compliment unless it's from someone good looking. Every single time I just wonder, "Why God, why?"

YES OH GOD YES

black orb
06-27-2010, 01:17 AM

Since when?.
>>> Since I was born I guess :D..:luca:

Brunettepudding
06-27-2010, 01:39 AM
It doesn't really happen very often because I've been told that I'm unapproachable. Dunno why, I try to be nice enough.

Anyway, I usually just smile and nod when they talk, and if they try and say something that crosses the friendship border, I pretend not to hear them and say "Huh?" Most of the people that hit on me respond by saying "Nevermind." Not sure why. It usually works. In the rare event that it doesn't, I just laugh awkwardly, give them knucks, and walk away.

My school's classes are based on an AB schedule, I have a list of classes for A day, and a list of classes on B day. Quite a lot of creepers are in my A day list, so I bathe in perfume that day.

Peegee
08-26-2010, 01:32 AM
It's interesting that you bathe in perfume to avoid getting hit on because this girl seems to do it to try to be attractive.

It's funny - the other day my friend was like (on messenger) psst mike your friend is here. I turned around, saw her, and then smelled her. If I wasn't told she was here I would've known in about 3 seconds.

ARGH

Jessweeee♪
08-26-2010, 02:17 AM
I'm a little unapproachable so it doesn't happen often. The only time that sticks out was when I was sixteen and I went to Wal-Mart with my mom to pick up some fabric for a blanket I was making. When we were in line to pay for our stuff this really creepy guy started hitting on my mom and when she was all :stare: he turned to me and I was like "eeww" :(

escobert
08-26-2010, 04:18 AM
I hardly ever wear cologne. I mainly just use body wash and deodorant to smell good :p

iced_saltine
08-26-2010, 08:57 AM
if the guy wears sandalwood cologne, there is no such thing as too much for me :p

Parker
08-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Depending on the frag, one spray on each pec and one on the back of the neck is the generally accepted amount. Sometimes you'll require less than that and VERY RARELY more. I'm not sure, but I would bet the same applies to the ladyfolk

Also don't wear cheap perfume/fragrance because it always shows, ladies/fellas!

missaira
08-26-2010, 01:17 PM
if the guy wears sandalwood cologne, there is no such thing as too much for me :p

this :)

Peegee
08-26-2010, 03:16 PM

What is this and why can you take a bath in it without dying? :D

missaira
08-26-2010, 03:23 PM

sandalwood is the most heavenly scent ever to be invented by whoever it is that invents scents. it smells earthy and raw and warm and *shivers* all at once :jess:

Peegee
08-26-2010, 03:28 PM

sandalwood is the most heavenly scent ever to be invented by whoever it is that invents scents. it smells earthy and raw and warm and *shivers* all at once :jess:

Oh it's an actual plant! Must find nao

GrimmReaper
08-26-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm allergic to perfume. Have been ever since that one fateful day I drank a whole bottle.

Good times.

Peegee
08-26-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm allergic to perfume. Have been ever since that one fateful day I drank a whole bottle.

Good times.

OMG DID YOU DIE????

GrimmReaper
08-26-2010, 08:22 PM

Good times.

OMG DID YOU DIE????

I hope not! :cry:

Peegee
08-26-2010, 08:25 PM

Good times.

OMG DID YOU DIE????

Well good! But maybe you should check with your doctorb to see if you did or not!

GrimmReaper
08-26-2010, 08:26 PM

Good times.

OMG DID YOU DIE????

Well good! But maybe you should check with your doctorb to see if you did or not!
I think I'm okay :)

kotora
08-27-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm the kind of guy that sprays on a whole lot of Axe deo under my armpits like every hour and a couple of sprays of perfume on my face every morning.

sure beats smelling sweaty

Jessweeee♪
08-28-2010, 01:26 AM
I'm the kind of guy that sprays on a whole lot of Axe deo under my armpits like every hour and a couple of sprays of perfume on my face every morning.

ugh no sweaty is better. Maybe not for you but everyone who walks past you is going to suffocate :nonono:

Peegee
08-30-2010, 05:06 AM

ugh no sweaty is better. Maybe not for you but everyone who walks past you is going to suffocate :nonono:

I like the feeling of being sweaty but I don't think it's anything others should be subject to. :)