PDA

View Full Version : what character is your main?

dunit697
06-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Simple, what character is ur main, please comment with why.

Godlike in EX Build, (pun intended insert laugh here), spells in the right order become unavoidable, sneak attack+ex crit boost+riposite=wtf just happened. My main has changed three of four time, but put ur current now.

EDIT: Please don't post after you have just submitted a post. You can use our edit/editga feature to amend your posts! Thanks! ~ Rye

black orb
06-27-2010, 12:54 AM
>>> Firion, long range battles are my speciality is easy to catch them off guard and punish them with the EX-Burst right away..
I use Sephiroth a lot too..:luca:

Mo-Nercy
06-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Squall. I absolutely love his Bravery attack combos. It's fun to experiment with different moves and cancels to find the best way to land a guaranteed HP attack.

I stopped playing Dissidia after a little while because I don't have anyone to play with. And playing against human opponents has always been the motivating factor for me with fighting games. Since I've lost a little bit of interest in it, I haven't really experimented with anyone else (other than completing their story modes). But the recent revival of activity in this Dissidia forum makes me want to pick up the game again.

qwertysaur
06-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Ulitmecia, Terra and Onion Knight :D

Christmas
06-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Cloud, I alway chain Omni Slash Version 5 or Finishing touch with my normal attacks. And yes, I am a Cloud Fan Girl. I really had a thing for the character and his arsenal of swords. :kaocry2:

qwertysaur
06-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Cloud, I alway chain Omni Slash Version 5 or Finishing touch with my normal attacks. And yes, I am a Cloud Fan Girl. I really had a thing for the character and his arsenal of swords. :kaocry2:
What about Bartz? He has lots of swords too :bigsmile:

Christmas
06-28-2010, 01:03 AM
He cannot chain attacks as effective as Cloud does! Besides, he is a dirty copycat in the game. :(

And I brought the game more or less so that I can use Cloud. *Dirty Fangirl* :(

PS: Or maybe I dun really know how to chain Bartz' attacks! XD

dunit697
06-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Bartz put his hands on his hips when he wins...its better that no one knows how to win with him...Zidane winks at u...Honestly, of the heros...being a cloud fan doesn't sound that bad after seeing what they did to 90% of them
1. WoL=Light must be in every line he has...
2. Firion=awesome fighter...but really, "No Wall is too high!" THATS A VICTORY LINE...*cries*
3. OK=i don't i even need to say anything here.
4. Cecil=Brother obsession a bit, but better than the other heros and not killed too bad..
5.Bartz=Hands on hips plus, "Theres always next time!" and other such dumb lines.
6. Really a female cloud, u should try her.
7. Cloud=bit emo for my taste but have fun
8. Squal= . . .in the words of kefka..."I see a poser" No offense to squall players...just quoting...
9. Zidane=winks at victory and ex-burst...nothing he could say could save him
10.Tidus=this reply is starting to depress me...take the enthusiam of a school girl and but it in a man...
11.Shantotto, takes more or less the annoying things about every hero into one character. Take Firions bad lines, mix it with zidanes pose, and sprinkle a little know-it-all from OK and more and u get this...
No offense to any players, but really, has to be said... Villians ftw!

Mo-Nercy
06-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Well, I find Gabranth fun to use on occasion. But I say that having never played a human opponent before. The AI seems to just let me build my EX and close on them without giving me a lot of trouble. I doubt a human opponent would be that stupid.

Wolf Kanno
06-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Terra is my main but I also started using Kefka, Squall, Gabranth, Bartz, and Ex-Death. I'm also hoping to add Mateus in there as well.

dunit697
06-29-2010, 09:29 PM
I am just terratarded, i can't seem to use her, I have picked up Gabranth, Kefka, Firion, and am considering Mateus as well, i also am awful with Bartz, can't seem to land hp attacks enough, . . .black jack...

Wolf Kanno
06-29-2010, 09:47 PM
The main thing you have to learn about Terra is that she needs to be played aggressively. Despite her move set that gives the impression of a long range keep away character, Terra actually works best at mid to long range game usually involving exploiting the maps. Flood and Tornado are excellent wall trap moves and have a funky range that throws off dodge spamming opponents. The ridiculous range of Holy allows her to deal with silly EX-Mode abilites like Heartless Angel, Black Fang, and Time Crash so those EX-modes are almost useless against her not to mention she can use Meteor and Graviga to deal with turtling characters like Jecht and Ex-Death.

Holy's "Macross Missile" swarm animation makes dodging the attack difficult and the Flare/Ultima follow up is nasty if done in mid-range. A lot of her battle worthiness just involves knowing how to use the dodge and block moves to keep her from getting nailed with her own reflected magic (which is her biggest issue imo). Timing her HP attacks and using them as her defensive line keeps most close range fighters at bay. Hell Meltdown has gotten tot he point for me where its almost my anti-Cloud, Squall, and Golbez move.

I find Mateus to be fun and he really taught me how to abuse a keep away game on his own stage or in the Magitech facility. I just wish he could create more active traps on the field cause he seems like a character who is at the mercy of technology limitations rather than poor design.

Evastio
06-30-2010, 07:20 PM
My main is Cecil (I prefer his paladin form more but I'm good enough with his Dark Knight form), seeing how he's my favourite FF character of all time. I find the trick to using his HP attacks (which a lot of people seem to complain about) is either comboing his brave attacks into them (wall rushing or ground rushing can be quite effective in setting up for his HP attacks) or using them to punish slow enough attacks (Paladin Force is really good at this).

My second best would probably be Golbez (he looks cool and I like his personality and story in both FFIV and Dissidia). His ability to cover a lot of range and fight well both up close and far away makes him really put pressure on enemies. Though his laggy air attacks and slow movement really work against me in human matches.

Warrior of Light would probably be my third best. At first, I really sucked with him since I wasn't good with his HP attacks at all. But as I learned that I should rely on Brave attacks more and how to use Shield of Light better and how to actually perform his Wave of Light attack, I got good with him really fast.

No offense to any players, but really, has to be said... Villians ftw!
I'm not trying to provoke you or anything, but the villains also have similar problems and annoyances like that. Eg: Ultimecia talking about nothing but time, Exdeath and CoD talking about nothing but the void, etc.

Though I still think Square generally did a good job portraying and expanding on the characters' personalities.

Terra is my main but I also started using Kefka, Squall, Gabranth, Bartz, and Ex-Death. I'm also hoping to add Mateus in there as well.
Since you play Dissidia a lot more than I do, I'm probably in no position to give you advice. But if all else fails, smack the trap in the opponent's face.

dunit697
06-30-2010, 09:56 PM
a rebutal from myself...I know the villians aren't perfect, but really, WoL talks only about light, firion, (no wall is too high), onion knight (everything), Cecil is ok, bartz has stupid lines and puts his hands on his hips, terra is a bit like cloud, a bit emo imo, squal too, zidane winks at u and puts his leg in the air...tidus is tidus, shantoto would merit an incredibly long response...don't have time, combines all annoying aspects from every character.

Jessweeee♪
07-01-2010, 05:24 AM
Currently I'm using Ultimecia a lot. Somehow I got a SSS ranking on Squall. Maybe I should switch!

Skyblade
07-01-2010, 04:56 PM
He cannot chain attacks as effective as Cloud does! Besides, he is a dirty copycat in the game. :(

And I brought the game more or less so that I can use Cloud. *Dirty Fangirl* :(

PS: Or maybe I dun really know how to chain Bartz' attacks! XD

Bartz is probably my main (along with Terra), so I can give you a bit of advice.

Bartz's strength lies in his flexibility. His attacks take a little getting used to, but have a lot of utility when you figure out their strengths. Most of his moves, being a fusion of two other characters moves, have a combination of effects. Take Slidehazzard. It has the mid-to-close movement of Tidus's Full Slide, and the downward Wall Rush of Climhazzard. Reel Impulse breaks guards, draws the enemy in, and then knocks them away.

razorrozar7
07-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Cecil is my main, simply because I started with the characters from games I'd already played and he ended up stronger than any of the others. Also his aerial attacks = way broken. Some of the bosses didn't land a hit on me cuz I stayed in the air the whole time.

MagiusNecros
07-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Exdeath is my main since he can block nearly any attack and those he can't are easily dodged, and is possibly the most powerful in the game.

My other mains are golbez(combos) and garland(superarmor).

The only heroes I prefer to play as are Squall(brave game) and WoL.

FFIX4LIFE
08-01-2010, 09:54 PM
I use Zidane cause I like his character and how they did his voice :) Sounds just like I imagined him to sound.. Oh yeah.. His attacks are pretty cool too. lol

dunit697
08-02-2010, 02:52 PM
That much is certainly true, Zidane did had a good voice actor

razorrozar7
08-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Zidane's VOs were great, but I actually liked Cecil's better.

Elskidor
10-20-2010, 03:26 AM
Finally getting around to playing it and having a lot of fun. Since I'm just roling through story modes right now I can't chose a villain, but WoL, Cecil, Zidane and Terra have been the easiest to use for me. Seems like a really quicky game so far. In one day have most of the good guys sittings at around level 25, with an exception of WoL, Cecil and Terra (whom is sitting at 60.)

AntagonistGB
10-20-2010, 04:15 AM
I try as hard as I can to be equally proficient with all the ten main characters (plus ExDeath, as I find him really satisfying to slaughter people with) but if it came down to a main, it'd be between Firion, Squall, and Zidane. I ended up voting for Squall, as I think I have the most fun playing as him, but I'm probably better with Zidane or Firion.