PDA

View Full Version : No. Smurfing. Way.

Laddy
06-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Name how your online character is different than your real personality.

You would not recognize me in real life. Yes, I am an effeminate and uberhappy adolescent, but I'm much, much, much more intelligent. I'm actually posessive of some diction, I have good head on my shoulders, and I can intellectually be taken seriously. I'm a honor student, dammit!

I'm also much less boy-crazy. I know I joke about being some major whore on here, but I'm not. It's mainly just a joke. (Not that I don't find you guys attractive, I do, but I'm not nearly whorish as I am on here.)

I AM friendly, kind, and empathetic. I do love corgis and I am a total queen, but I have a lot more depth. I do like to think I'm mature and sophisticated, I just don't act like it on here.

Oh, and my sense of humor is much more dry and high-brow irl. :colbert:

So, tell me how you are irl in constrast to your internet...persona if you will.

oddler
06-27-2010, 10:05 AM
The one thing I have here that I don't have in 'real life' is time to think over what I say while I'm typing. I suck at articulating and trying to explain exactly what I'm thinking in person.

Shlup
06-27-2010, 10:18 AM
I, uh... I guess I don't swear as much. I don't talk a lot, but when I do the things I'm saying are pretty much the same kind of stuff as the stuff that I say when I am typing here.

Yup.

Christmas
06-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Hmmm, well I talked to people quite a lot in real life and in a comical way quite similar in the forums.But not as crazy. When I mean crazy I mean like a few years back during my peak period. I am quite concerned about the people around me and I like to hang out with a big group! :kaoclove:

Shin Gouken
06-27-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm not sure how i'm perceived on here (arrogant probabley) but as you'd probabley expect with me being english, i'm actually quite reserved. My use of smilies on here probabley gives the impression i'm bubbly but that's about as far from my real personality as you can get.

Rodarian
06-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Hmmm I dunno how to describe myself in personality... I'm generally a nice guy :)

Shin Gouken
06-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Hmmm I dunno how to describe myself in personality... I'm generally a nice guy :)

Who does drugs, has one night stands and generally disobeys the will of Allah.... my kinda man <3

Rodarian
06-27-2010, 10:46 AM

Who does drugs, has one night stands and generally disobeys the will of Allah.... my kinda man <3

Oh geez when you put it that way......

I love you too man ...:tongue:

Mo-Nercy
06-27-2010, 11:01 AM
I'm much more opinionated IRL. With real life situations that piss me off, I usually have something to say about it, but online, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt because I don't really know them, so I sit on the fence or stay out of conversations more often.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Um. Well, I like to think I am more or less the same. I read/listen a lot, but don't usually input much into the conversation.

Well, I do talk in my LiveJournal a lot about stuff that would never actually come out of my mouth. I can be outgoing and such, but usually am not.

Psychotic
06-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Basically, if the people from my work could vote in the Ciddies, I would win Nicest Member, Most Helpful Member and Most Helpful Techy by a fucking landslide. :monster:

Rye
06-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Basically, if the people from my work could vote in the Ciddies, I would win Nicest Member, Most Helpful Member and Most Helpful Techy by a smurfing landslide. :monster:

... are you challenging me?

http://www.topdownloads.net/section_images/msn/1091890366.jpg

Rebellious Eagle
06-27-2010, 03:00 PM
I think in real life I act about the same as I do here. I'm a bit easily annoyed in real life though, and I also do not make emoticon-like faces after everything I say. ;P

Bunny
06-27-2010, 03:02 PM
I am the exact same way in person.

Chris
06-27-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty much the same IRL. I don't know how to switch to "online mode", and taking on a completely different personality, just seems like an awful lot of extra work and effort. In other words: I'm too lazy to be an online eccentric, or in real life for that matter. :p

fire_of_avalon
06-27-2010, 03:11 PM
In person I guess I'm a bit more toned down, especially in my work-life. I'm just as geeky, just as noisy, I swear just as much, and I argue just as much outside of EoFF as inside.

I'm not at all sexy. But I'm funny.

EDIT: I thought of one definite way I'm different online than offline. I am really, really bad with men in person, but most of my friends here are male. That's weird.

Raistlin
06-27-2010, 04:55 PM
I, uh... I guess I don't swear as much.

Haha, yeah, the same. I may not talk quite as much, but overall my old college friends and roommates can verify that I am exactly the same.

Cuchulainn
06-27-2010, 05:00 PM
i'm exactly the same you duplicitous bastards.

escobert
06-27-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm pretty much the same. Maybe a bit quieter but, not all that different. I'd say I'm more outgoing on here but that's just because it's easier to interact with you all not being face to face. if it were face to face I probably wouldn't talk to most of you. wait... I don't anyways :p

rubah
06-27-2010, 05:27 PM
what is one is the other

Iceglow
06-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Yeah like Paul if people who don't know me online could vote they'd probably say I'm much more nicer and helpful than I am here. I honestly pass for considerate and caring...shock horror!

Freya
06-27-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm not so lazy in my speech. Online I don't elaborate like I should and then people take things wrong. It's usually cause i'm just too lazy to explain.

I'm fairly quiet too though, unless i'm around super omg good friends. So when I do talk i'm very nice. Everyone knows though, when you're on the internet you have to be a jerk. Well 'cept bunny, he's always a jerk.

Clo
06-27-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm even more talkative in real life. If I spoke as much on here as I did in real life, all my posts would be tl;dnr. I'm nice in real life, but I can be harsh, which turns some people off to me, and I think I may be like that online too?

Also, I'm a lot more vulgar in casual conversations (and am sweet and polite in professional ones :jess:). I talk about sex and swear quite a lot, possibly because I hang with guys and fools, and I don't do that so much online, most likely because every other online user shoots heavy doses of vulgar into the internet and I realize my skillz are not needed.

~*~Celes~*~
06-27-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm pretty much the same online as I am offline, except I'm a lot more shy in real life. Like, A LOT. :x Took me a couple of hours to even just be able to look into poor nano's eyes :cry:

Miriel
06-27-2010, 06:54 PM
I, uh... I guess I don't swear as much. I don't talk a lot, but when I do the things I'm saying are pretty much the same kind of stuff as the stuff that I say when I am typing here.

Yup.

The way you type, COMPLETE OPPOSITE from the way you speak! Your voice is like super soft and gentle. xD

I'm much less likely to start sprouting off about race and class and gender inequality like I do in EoEO. Unless you're Del Murder. He has to hear that kind of stuff from me all the time. :p Also I'm sillier, much much sillier and off the wall random IRL. I get excited really easily about anything and everything and start literally bouncing up and down. I guess that could be conveyed online as OMG SO EXCITED!! ~ :jess: But my typing doesn't come out that way. I think my typing is a lot more restrained?

qwertysaur
06-27-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't speak in green :p

Clo
06-27-2010, 07:05 PM
I don't speak in green :p

I speak in rainbows!

Tavrobel
06-27-2010, 07:58 PM
I don't act any differently.

NeoCracker
06-27-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm basically the same, only in real life I'm more vulgar. XD

~*~Celes~*~
06-28-2010, 02:47 AM
I sound like a 12 year old when i talk ._.

NorthernChaosGod
06-28-2010, 04:54 AM
I'm basically the same, only in real life I'm more vulgar. XD

Haha, this. I swear more and probably make more crude jokes.

Madonna
06-28-2010, 05:45 AM
Physically, I can torment a person in more ways than I am capable of online!

I hear stories of people divorcing themselves into different personae but have yet to honestly see it in life! Perhaps some traits are better expressed in one medium compared to the next, but meeting someone physically and online does not oft result in knowing two different people!

If one finds discord between perceptions online and off, perhaps one best look into better expressing oneself in both media!

G13
06-28-2010, 05:58 AM
I'm basically the same, except I'm less stupid. My jokes are just as dumb though!

Peegee
06-28-2010, 02:26 PM
I guess if there's a difference between my online self and IRL self is that I don't say something in every single bloody conversation (while I can do that in the forum). However I do observe everything with a mix of bemusement and awe regardless.

rubah
06-28-2010, 02:35 PM
you also have to listen to his bemused canuck accent irl

Peegee
06-28-2010, 03:03 PM
you also have to listen to his bemused canuck accent irl

That's right! I actually speak sometimes

btw how WOULD people describe it? It's probably a mix of Chinese english accept and Markham district vernacular, but how does it sound to YOU

Especially you Southern types.

Slothy
06-28-2010, 03:28 PM
The one thing I have here that I don't have in 'real life' is time to think over what I say while I'm typing. I suck at articulating and trying to explain exactly what I'm thinking in person.

This I suppose. I don't completely suck at articulating my thoughts in person, but I just seem to be better when writing in any form.

Plus I swear in person. A lot. Fuck is probably the greatest word in the english language.

Inferno
06-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Pretty much the same, but I talk more irl

Chloe.
06-28-2010, 07:47 PM
I talk a lot more in real life, and swear quite a bit :p

aquatius
06-29-2010, 01:51 PM
I like to think I'm less whiny and annoying but I'm probably the opposite...

superbeckie.
07-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Oh God. IRL, I'm a cocky, swearing, noisy twat. Also, my FF & All Time Low obsessions are much more obvious IRL. I'm always making bad jokes. But I'm also a lot smarter than I appear on here, so it's not ALL bad...

Hambone
07-02-2010, 08:55 AM
This. I trip over my words a lot IRL, but I do talk more.

Opposite for me. I have the mouth of a sailor IRL.

I'm much more opinionated IRL. With real life situations that piss me off, I usually have something to say about it, but online, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt because I don't really know them, so I sit on the fence or stay out of conversations more often.
Same here, people often say what I have to say before I can and then I get sad. :( I hate you all, thieves. :mad2:

IRL, my sense of humor's a lot more conspicuous and even edgy. It's very dry and on-the-spot, which is something I think I lose here because of the fact that I have more time to think about what I'm going to say on EoFF...

so I guess the main difference between EoFF Hambone and IRL Hambone is that IRL Hambone is a little more risky in conversation...risky. :smug:

I'm just as awkward though. :colbert:

Rye
07-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Uh, I'm not too different.

I'm more polite. I'm a little more well-spoken. I come across as intelligent IRL, wheras people think I'm stupid online.

I swear a little more offline.

qwertysaur
07-02-2010, 02:35 PM
but you don't sound stupid online Rye :p

fire_of_avalon
07-03-2010, 12:29 AM
but you don't sound stupid online Rye :p
That's what I was thinking!

Raistlin
07-03-2010, 04:37 AM
I come across as intelligent IRL, wheras people think I'm stupid online.

If it makes you feel better, it's not just you. I think everyone but me is stupid online.

Christmas
07-03-2010, 01:41 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/i_was_with_stupid_but_he_wandere_customized_tshirt-p235717621496414923clmq_400.jpg

NorthernChaosGod
07-03-2010, 05:53 PM
I like that shirt.

Jessweeee♪
07-03-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm much more of a ditz. Like, I'm unused to speaking aloud because I never did a lot of socializing, so when I do speak it's with a much more limited vocabulary and I tend to trip and say "like" a lot. I already say it online plenty, but it's like every other word offline. The growing southern accent isn't helping any.

Vyk
07-03-2010, 11:08 PM
I quietly lurk in all your conversations offline too. So nyah..

Aurey
07-03-2010, 11:13 PM
I post even less irl.

black orb
07-05-2010, 09:38 PM
>>> In real life I dont talk to strangers..:luca:

Dr. Acula
07-07-2010, 04:47 AM
I'm more shy irl, but it really depends who I'm around. I can be a complete crazy person sometimes.

Skyblade
07-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Well, I've never really noticed a change between my online and real life personas. But I got an outsider's opinion for the first time. One of my friends from work cracked up when they saw how close my typing was to the way I speak. So I guess my online self is much the same as my real life self.