PDA

View Full Version : Take THAT, You Snooty Nobles!

Skyblade
06-28-2010, 02:59 AM
Finally got 100 of 100 nobles impressed on the fight scene. Was still stuck at my usual 97 of 100, and knowing that I could go higher with a lot of luck (depending on what chain I got on the first 15 or so commands, which are all very restricted [side movement, triangle, and X only]), when I stumbled across an exploit on the PSP version. Basically, if you press the PS button on your PSP, it freezes the game. Unlike on the PS3 (which has a slight delay), the PSP freezes the action instantly, and pulls up a menu, with the regular game in the background. Shaded dark, but still visible. So you can freeze frame it right when the command pops up, see which one, and then hit it immediately upon resuming the game. Cheap? Yes. Worth it? Totally.

So, one bundle of gil and a Moonstone later, and I get to laugh behind the backs of the nobles who wouldn't know true acting talent if it hit them (an option which, unfortunately, we do not get).

Mo-Nercy
06-28-2010, 03:09 AM
Congrats. I could've sworn I've done the 100/100 too, but I don't remember anything about a Moonstone, so I guess I'm wrong.

I love that little mini-game though. I like how they let you re-attempt it so you don't have to restart to please your inner perfectionist (though I'm not sure if you still get the same prizes if you get 100 on a re-attempt).

Skyblade
06-28-2010, 03:34 AM
Congrats. I could've sworn I've done the 100/100 too, but I don't remember anything about a Moonstone, so I guess I'm wrong.

I love that little mini-game though. I like how they let you re-attempt it so you don't have to restart to please your inner perfectionist (though I'm not sure if you still get the same prizes if you get 100 on a re-attempt).

Yeah, you do get the same prize, even on a retry. You just lose time towards the Excalibur II. You get the Moonstone after getting 100 if you have Steiner talk to Queen Brahne while he's running around looking for Garnet.

theundeadhero
06-28-2010, 04:19 AM
Aw, cheater.
100/100 naturally :)

Rantz
06-28-2010, 04:49 PM
I'd cheat on it if I could. At least after trying it 10 times, which is when I tend to start getting frustrated. xD

Laddy
07-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Highest I got was like, 93.

leader of mortals
07-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Best I've done was 98, but I had like 7 98s in a row, and I was getting pissed

ChickenHeart
07-05-2010, 06:29 PM
What does the moonstone do, it's been a good few months since i played FFIX

Skyblade
07-06-2010, 08:57 AM
What does the moonstone do, it's been a good few months since i played FFIX

It's an accessory. It teaches Protect, and Beast Killer. That gives you two abilities quite a ways earlier (while Steiner can get Beast Killer immediately, Zidane can't without the Moonstone). Plus, y'know, completionist points, since there is only one other Moonstone in the game, IIRC.

Rantz
07-06-2010, 09:42 AM
The main use for a Moonstone is to synth it with an Elixir into a Pearl Rouge, which is one of the best - if not the best - accessory for stat raising. You can get another Moonstone from the friendly monsters sidequest, but you'll have to use it later in the quest if you want to complete it.

G13
07-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Cheater. :colbert:

I've never made it to 100. Last... August I believe, when we did Eyes on Plays IX, I tried for almost two hours to do it. Jerk nobles wouldn't know a good fight if it were happening right in their laps. :mad:

Stiltzkin
07-07-2010, 09:15 AM
I never liked those silly nobles. Even though they have plenty of money they never wanted to buy any of my stuff so I could keep up with my journey.

leader of mortals
09-03-2010, 04:03 AM
Yeah! I finally did it! I got all 100 of the bastards impressed!

Depression Moon
09-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Cheater! and I believe the highest I ever got was 97 too. Fun mini game.

FallenSilence
09-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Best I ever got was 93-ish. That was WAY better than I did anytime before ( Isuck at that part) so I just settled for it.

I think there are actually three Moonstones: the one from the queen, the one from the friendly monsters, and you can buy one from Stiltzkin on disc 4, providing you bought everything else from him when you could.

leader of mortals
09-04-2010, 08:23 PM
There are actually 4. 1 from the nobles, 1 from the stones in the Conde Petie Mountain Path, 1 from Stiltzken, and 1 from a friendly monster.

Wolfen
09-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Pressing the HOME button to freeze it, huh? I just opened CW Cheat and lowered the CPU clock speed to slow the game down.

Crimson Archmage
11-06-2010, 11:42 PM
That game was insanely infuriating, spent over half an hour failing at that before I got it the first time.

Elskidor
11-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Did this the other day and got a 23.

Jiro
11-17-2010, 07:53 AM
All this cheating going on, wow. You guys sure are persistent! For some reason I'm pretty good at the mini game so I've got 100/100 nearly every time I tried it. Of course last time I said that and then played it and failed hardcore :p

loza
12-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Started to play FFIX again after my brother lost the 3rd disc to FFVIII.

Managed to get 100 impressed in my 3rd try. I wasn't really trying for it but I messed up pressing the buttons the first two times. I wasn't really thinking when I got it but I managed to snap a pic of how much gil I got for it.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/loza12/100_2615.jpg

Note: I did not get a Moonstone.

Rantz
12-08-2010, 06:52 PM
You get the moonstone by speaking to Queen Brahne when you get control of Steiner.

Freya
12-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Yeah that ^^^^^

Depression Moon
12-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Is that in addition to getting 100% of the nobles pleased, because when I talked to Brahne all I got was a Silk Shirt.
Also was my last sentence suppose to end in a period or a question mark?

Rantz
12-09-2010, 04:55 AM
Yes, Brahne gives you the moonstone when you talk to her only if you got her and 100% of the nobles pleased.

I think your sentence is technically supposed to be two sentences.

loza
12-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Well I feel stupid -_- Ah well, it seems the way. After all of my time owning, playing and loving FFIX I only just got the Moogle Suit >_> I have always gotten Lowell's Autograph! How the HELL did I only just find the suit? *sigh*

Rantz
12-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Haha, the little useless key items are lovely :D

Corrugo
06-25-2011, 02:24 AM
I just did this myself and I THINK I may have a tip that proved very helpful for me. I'm good at these timed button presses but I could not get this easily. I realized the Left and Right was screwing me over because I kept delaying. (First fix of that was covering the entire screen except the part where the buttons show up) I still couldn't get it, but did better.

Well that was a tip I found while googling, here's my actual tip. I started noticing that it was ALWAYS right first, and usually not long after it begun so I had my thumb on the right side on the D-Pad then once I hit it I moved it SLIGHTLY to the left side because left would be next and I'm surprised it made such a big difference.

I wanted people to see if it worked for them as well as it worked for me, so if anyone can try it and see if it works for them. Please spread it around if it does, it saved me so much annoyance and I hope it would help others xD

(I'm totally bumping this topic xD Sorry)