PDA

View Full Version : The fourth kind

Inferno
06-28-2010, 03:43 PM
The Fourth Kind (2009) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1220198/)

For those who "believe" in alien existence, I think this is a must see movie. I am rarely scared after/while watching a movie, but this one, with all the original audios and videos, I mean, how can you not believe it !? If it was all fiction, the movie would have been just another alien film. But it's not.

Call me crazy, but I believe a hundred times more in aliens than in God.

Clo
06-28-2010, 05:00 PM
I remember this came out the same time Quarantine was in theatres, and we all chose to see Quarantine instead, and I never got around to seeing this. I was at Family Video with the boyfrand last week and we stared at this movie for a bit but never rented it. If it is good, I will get it next time!

Though I don't believe in anything, I just like creepy movies.

Fujiko
06-28-2010, 06:32 PM
I don't see why one can't believe in God even if one believes aliens exist, though. In my opinion, in such a scenario I'd believe God created them aliens just as he created us and everything else. I believe in God, and I also believe there must be other intelligent lifeforms on other planets in other galaxies. Not necessarily lifeforms that visit Earth with big eyes and heads and tall, slim bodies like in the movies and such, but definitely that there are other intelligent lifeforms out there somewhere. :)

As for the movie; I've seen it. And I actually liked it.

Edit: speaking of creepy movies; in spite of it being a pretty strange movie, Paranormal Activity (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179904/) actually had some pretty creepy scenes. I couldn't sleep alone that night. :( Even with the lights on.

Bunny
06-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Despite the movie been fairly good, it is still a fake. I remember hearing something about the town it supposedly took place in (which is real) took the producers (or tried to take them) to court for something relating to messing up their tourism stuff. There are some other glaring mistakes that the makers of the movie made but they aren't really that important, I suppose.

It's still a pretty good movie. Sorta like Blair Witch on steroids that make things good instead of shrinking their dongs.

Inferno
06-28-2010, 07:13 PM
I don't see why one can't believe in God even if one believes aliens exist, though.

Show me proofs that God exists.

Bunny
06-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Show proof that he doesn't.

Clo
06-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Oh wait, it was Paranormal Activity we saw instead, not Quarantine. My bad! I liked Paranormal Activity, even though it was only minorly scary in some parts. So I imagine Fourth Kind would be entertaining in the same way.

Also, this God conversation is stupid and off-topic. You can't prove anything either way. Boo, everyone.

Chris
06-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Is this the one with Milla Jovovich? If so, it was panned by almost every critic out there, and it bombed at the box office.

I'm a horror movie buff, and I liked both Quarantine and Paranormal Activity, though they're both pretty light-weight compared to some of the truly horrorfying movies out there. :D

I will check it out, though. Curiosity is a virtue, or at least it should be. :D

Bunny
06-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Is this the one with Milla Jovovich? If so, it was panned by almost every critic out there, and it bombed at the box office.

A budget of 10mil and a final gross of 45mil isn't exactly bombing.

Shiny
06-28-2010, 10:35 PM
I saw the trailer to this a few weeks ago and it seemed moderately interesting although I laughed when the, "Based on a true story" thing came up.

Chris
06-28-2010, 11:04 PM

A budget of 10mil and a final gross of 45mil isn't exactly bombing.
Well, you're right about that. :p

I just watched it, and I don't want to be a downer here, but I think it was severely laughable. The only real thing about this movie is the director's astounding ego. Like it's been said, it is a fake, and I'm surprised that anyone fell for this old, tiresome, gimmick, to begin with. Also, where are the "scary" moments? I never once thought it was frightening or scary in the least. It felt more like a sub par X-Files episode. One more thing: the opening and the end. Come on! Talk about corny.

If you want to see horror movies that are genuinely scary, try these: Frontier(s), Martyrs and Inside. Now those are truly horrorfying.

McLovin'
06-29-2010, 04:39 AM
It would be scary if the "original" footage wasn't FAKE!!! So, move on.

Rase
06-29-2010, 05:59 AM
Was talking about this with a female friend yesterday. We added it to our list of movies to watch when she returns this fall, which is like 80% horror films.

Captain Maxx Power
06-29-2010, 01:14 PM
I wanted to tear my cerebellum out with a blunt spoon this movie was so bad. It's crazy how awful the "real footage" is.

Inferno
06-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Damn I'm so disappointed, I should have checked out on google first. I've been had like a young padawan

McLovin'
06-30-2010, 06:55 AM
If you really want to know about "aliens" then watch something educational, not entertainment. But if you don't wanna then here's a mix of both : D YouTube - Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking: Aliens pt 1/5 (Discovery Channel Documentary April 2010) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2oYS9-Ee9U)

Inferno
06-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Nice I'll check it out