PDA

View Full Version : I hate the summer because...

Shiny
06-29-2010, 08:39 AM
There is always spiders everywhere! There is always a horde of spiders that some how magically appear in my room and this only happens during the summer. Last summer I think I had about twenty different species of spiders in my room; one of which included a black widow spider. Well, actually that one was outside the window, but still counts (sort of).

What do you hate about summer?

Miriel
06-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Mosquitos. :(

oddler
06-29-2010, 08:44 AM
one of which included a black widow spider

That's fucking scary.

I hate bugs, too. Earwigs, especially. Stupid things with their butt pincers.

And hot-ass sun. Everytime I go outside, I can feel it burning through my clothing. :nonono:

Shiny
06-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Oh, the spiders and earwigs are nothing compared to hornets. Those mother smurfers are brutal. One summer there was a large hornet nest right near the backdoor. When my dad opened the door, he ended up knocking the nest on the ground and a bunch of hornets flew out and came after him. It was like a scene out of a horror movie.

qwertysaur
06-29-2010, 08:52 AM

~*~Celes~*~
06-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Mosquitos, hornets, spiders, earwigs, flies, and inability to sleep unless i have a fan blowing directly on me. I HAVE to sleep covered up or else I can't sleep, so yeah. :(

G13
06-29-2010, 09:27 AM
I hate bugs period. They're nasty, all of them. And spiders are the worst. So many legs. It' unnatural.

I also hate how hot it is, even at night. I can't sleep very well during summer because my room is just so stifling.

Captain Maxx Power
06-29-2010, 11:01 AM
I hate summer because;

- It's too hot
- There's pollen all over the place
- It doesn't get dark enough for me to get to sleep
- Seriously, it's far too hot
- Insects up the ass
- The sun makes me sad (honest to goodness, I'm happiest when it's raining and cloudy)
- Did I mention how stupid hot it is?

Christmas
06-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Basically the heat. I can't stand heat too much especially if it make me sweat and make me all sticky with a stench! :(

Also sometimes I will have trouble trying to sleep because of the heat. I am trying to see if I can continue a really sweet dream that ended suddenly a few days back but thanks to the heat, I think I will have trouble doing that. :(

Rodarian
06-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Lizards and the Heat and Mosquitoes when u aren't looking...:nonono:

Loony BoB
06-29-2010, 12:47 PM
The distinct lack of quality game releases. They always release them between very late August and Christmas.

Cuchulainn
06-29-2010, 12:55 PM
my balls stick to my thigh.

Chris
06-29-2010, 12:57 PM
I can't believe how anyone could possibly hate summertime. At winter, I LONG for those hot, lazy, summer days, when it's too hot to do anything but lay in the grass and just listen to music. The forest trips, and spending hours and hours on robbing nature of its many delicacies.

I don't like the mosquitos, though.

Loony BoB
06-29-2010, 01:07 PM
To be fair, I don't hate it, I just dislike that part of it. I actually prefer the summer. =]

Oh, another thing I don't like about summer though is how early the sun comes up. I don't mind it staying up 'til late, but I can't stand it coming up so early as it means I have trouble getting back to sleep when I wake up in the middle of the night! Scotland sometimes gets the sun up at around 3-4am. :(

Vagrant
06-29-2010, 01:22 PM

Haha!!!

Wasps and hard soccer pitches, my preseason always includes stupidly intense fitness sessions on pitches harder than concrete. But mainly wasps.

aquatius
06-29-2010, 01:23 PM
At night moths and other bugs all come in my room and dance around my light and sometimes when I go to bed they brush past my face whilst I'm trying to get to sleep or getting undressed and it's so creepy and annoying ):

Rebellious Eagle
06-29-2010, 03:09 PM
>.< I hate all the bugs in summer, too, but I also hate getting an annual sunburn and all the heat headaches I get. I really dislike summer for those reasons.

BarelySeeAtAll
06-29-2010, 05:35 PM
There is always spiders everywhere! There is always a horde of spiders that some how magically appear in my room and this only happens during the summer. Last summer I think I had about twenty different species of spiders in my room; one of which included a black widow spider. Well, actually that one was outside the window, but still counts (sort of).

What do you hate about summer?

I hate how right you are :( A spider dropped from my hair during an exam a few weeks back. >_< It made me want to scream.

What do I hate about summer. . .well, being in England we get moaners, and I hate when they moan that we need RAIN. Though being in Devon, with farms here there and everywhere the farmers do like themselves a good bit of rain.

Raindances.

NorthernChaosGod
06-29-2010, 06:47 PM
It's hot as balls. :mad2:

aquatius
06-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Whose? D:

Raistlin
06-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Bugs, heat, humidity, and my allergic reactions to all of the pollen.

Summer sucks.

Bunny
06-29-2010, 07:16 PM
The weather is terrible and I hate waking up with my entire face leaking different liquids.

Rye
06-29-2010, 07:49 PM
I sweat easily so my hair goes limp. Also, it makes running difficult.

NorthernChaosGod
06-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Whose? D:

Mine. :mad2:

Vermachtnis
06-29-2010, 08:50 PM
It's hot and storms a lot. I hot being hot and I hate being wet. Summer sucks.

Clo
06-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Smurf this, I love summer! I like the heat and the thunderstorms and I like how for once I'm not being threatened by blizzards that trap me indoors.

And bugs stopped bothering me, because I grew up in the country, my bedroom under the attic. And trees towering above the attic. So many bugs rained down upon that bedroom, I had to grow immune. Once I crawled into my comfy bed, and quickly ran out after being stung by several hornets that were in it.

So I deal with it.

I still don't like spiders though. One landed on my windshield while I was driving, possibly sent as an assassin to destroy me, so I had everyone roll up their windows. That bastard wasn't getting in MY car.

qwertysaur
06-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Other than mosquitoes I love summer :p

Mosquitoes are just really EVIL :(

Agent Proto
06-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Summertime~ I can't believe ya'll hate the season. I don't hate it, but it's not a favorite of mine, mostly for the heat and humidity that comes with it. Last Sunday was so freakin humid, the hat I was wearing was practically soaked in sweat during most of the day. ;(

Cuchulainn
I love summer too.

Y'all be trippin'

Inferno
Smurf this, I love summer! I like the heat and the thunderstorms and I like how for once I'm not being threatened by blizzards that trap me indoors.

* creates I hate winter thread *

Wolf Kanno
06-29-2010, 09:13 PM
The heat... How I wish the sun could be blotted out, I can't stand the heat and even at my work, the AC doesn't work so its hot in there as well...

Its also my allergy season and if I don't get rain or high winds to blow away most of the pollen I am utterly miserable. I'm all annoyed cause my days and nights are getting switched again cause the heat of the day makes doing anything a complete an utter chore and sucks the fun out doing stuff with friends that are not indoors so now I'm mostly doing things at night. I wanted to work out this summer as well but trying to do it in the day is a nightmare so now I have to wait until midnight cause that's when it finally drops below 80 here.

God I can't wait for winter, fuck the sun, bring back the snow and rain and days that never get higher than 50 degrees.

Miss_Lulu
06-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Mosquitos, hornets, spiders, earwigs, flies, and inability to sleep unless i have a fan blowing directly on me. I HAVE to sleep covered up or else I can't sleep, so yeah. :(

These. Plus the fact that because it's summer, and I'm not in school, nor can I seem to get a job, I'm stuck at home pretty much all day.

Clo
06-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Actually, one of my favorite things about summer which I forgot to mention (totally contradicting the purpose of this thread I am) is that it's acceptable for me to wear as little clothing as possible on humid days.

:)

~*~Celes~*~
06-29-2010, 10:09 PM
I actually LOVE summer, just not the bugs that it brings :( also the tornadoes. *shudder*

NorthernChaosGod
06-30-2010, 12:22 AM
I live in Southern California, I don't hate summer. I just hate when it gets too hot.

But heat does equal girls wearing less clothing. :monster:

Shiny
06-30-2010, 06:12 AM
Butt sweat. Spray antiperspirant can only do so much.
:erm:

I've only ever gotten the feeling that my butt was wet, but really wasn't.

This is a major reason why some people say women don't want to exercise. Hair spray and humidity reducing hair polish is my best friend in the summer.

Clo
06-30-2010, 06:20 AM
Hair spray and humidity reducing hair polish is my best friend in the summer.
Ditto, ditto, ditto! I like the challenge though. CAN I LOOK GOOD EVEN IN THIS WEATHER? Stay tuned...

eestlinc
06-30-2010, 06:24 AM
my first year in law school i lived in a basement apartment. the room was great until the summer, when spiders started crawling over me in bed.

here in alaska the mosquitos are ridiculous

Shlup
06-30-2010, 06:58 AM
I must confess, I also dislike the bugs. Ugh, spiders... go away. ;_;

Other than that I'm cool with summer. I love the beach and the swimming pool.

Clo
07-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Okay, so, I've returned to agree FERVENTLY with the spiders thing.

I don't know if it's the recent summer heat, but there have been a BUTTLOAD of spiders in this house. Last night, I was about to go to bed when I noticed a huge fat spider hanging right at the foot of my bed. I spent ten minutes building up the courage to kill it, and right before I did, I looked up to see ANOTHER SPIDER.

I managed to kill one, but then knew I didn't have the willpower to muster up getting near this new spider, so I slept on the couch.

Also, there's been one of those speedy little brown spiders zipping around my room.

At work today, I looked down while in the bathroom: A SPIDER.

I just looked over at the wall to see another zippy brown spider. A new one!

GAH.

Peegee
07-07-2010, 09:59 PM

I was thinking WHAT DO YOU MEAN HATE SUMMER and then I remembered Mosquitos and deer flies. Ugh!

@ShinyOP - just leave spider traps around :)

rubah
07-07-2010, 10:14 PM
It's hot outside, and yet I always end up shivering in my lab, so I have to wear jeans and warm shirts.

Peegee
07-07-2010, 10:37 PM
It's hot outside, and yet I always end up shivering in my lab, so I have to wear jeans and warm shirts.

I use a/c in my car but it's light a/c - it actually causes me pain xD

Raistlin
07-07-2010, 10:59 PM
The past two days it has been at least 100 degrees and humid. It's been awful.

Vyk
07-07-2010, 11:17 PM
I can't believe how anyone could possibly hate summertime. At winter, I LONG for those hot, lazy, summer days, when it's too hot to do anything

I LONG for WINTER! Its soooo much easier to get warm when its cold, than it is to get cool when its hot x_x;

I hate the heat

Plus I'm now living in the second story (what USED to be an attic) in a very well insulated house. It friggin blows lol

Edit: Also, I find a lot of spiders and earwigs at work around the dog kennels. I usually try to coax them onto my hand and take them outside

And I hate wasps

NorthernChaosGod
07-08-2010, 01:33 AM
The sun has been playing hide and seek the past couple of days here, it usually doesn't come out until the afternoon. If it decides to come out at all.

Rad Bromance
07-08-2010, 05:24 AM
The heat, and the fact that business sucks terribly as a florist during the summer. Seriously, it's like completely dead. No one in Ohio wants to buy flowers during this time of year.

Aside of that, I love summer. It's wonderful! :)

Brennan
07-08-2010, 05:45 AM
It's smurfing hot already, and the humidity in this state doesn't help, either.

Proxy
07-10-2010, 12:33 AM
It's too damn hot. But I do love camping and beaches.
It's a lose-lose situation for me.
I guess the bugs, but just because my wife gets me to kill them, and any other little thing that moves...

blackmage_nuke
07-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Flies and ants

vinnie's mini's
07-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Wasps and bees (or anything else similar). I have a MASSIVE phobia of them and I hate the summer because of it. Whenever I go outside in the summer (unless it's raining) I'm always terrified and I have to look around me constantly to make sure one isn't creeping up on me!

I hate the heat too to be honest. I prefer the cold as I find it much easier to warm up than I do to cool down. Plus I hate being anywhere near open windows in the summer since I just sit and stare at it most of the time (I'm waiting for a bee or wasp to fly on in, since I know they're waiting to ambush me!). Then when one does come in people laugh at me because I run right out of the room and won't come back in until someone kills it or it goes back outside.

:(

Goldenboko
07-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Oh, the spiders and earwigs are nothing compared to hornets. Those mother smurfers are brutal. One summer there was a large hornet nest right near the backdoor. When my dad opened the door, he ended up knocking the nest on the ground and a bunch of hornets flew out and came after him. It was like a scene out of a horror movie.

smurf hornets. My dad got stung in the ear a few days ago god I can only imagine how bad it hurt. We killed the nest that night. smurfing revenge.

EDIT: Least favorite part of summer; maggotty trash :barf:

Carnage-
07-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Leather couches. They heat up a LOT and make me sweat whenever I sit on them D:

Shorty
07-10-2010, 10:21 PM
I hate the summer because it is 106 degrees outside right now, and the temperature will only keep rising until the sun goes down.

ChickenHeart
07-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Spiders aren't a problem, but i can't stand moths, and my old room where i sleep seems to be a breeding ground for them +o(

black orb
07-11-2010, 01:55 AM
>>> I hate summer because I have to use sunblock..:luca:

Hambone
07-11-2010, 10:27 AM

I was thinking WHAT DO YOU MEAN HATE SUMMER and then I remembered Mosquitos and deer flies. Ugh!

Deer flies are smurfing scary.

I also hate the heat, humidity, mosquitoes, and the fact that the grass grows faster during the summer where I live...which means more mowing, in the humid heat, with mosquitoes. :mad2:

Zeldy
07-11-2010, 12:12 PM
CRANE FLY :(:(:(:(

Stjewy
07-11-2010, 12:51 PM
beacause I sweat my ass off every day

Breine
07-11-2010, 03:23 PM

xD

I love summer, but could do without the flies constantly having a desire to buzz around me as I'm trying to sleep.

Unbreakable Will
07-11-2010, 04:17 PM
I hate spiders more than I hate bad impressions of Family Guy, and thats saying something.

escobert
07-11-2010, 08:58 PM
There isn't much I hate about summer. All my friends in jail usually get out for the summer, it's nice outside, parties every night, going for long car rides out in the country. All sorts of good stuff!

Raistlin
07-11-2010, 10:48 PM
I hate spiders more than I hate bad impressions of Family Guy, and thats saying something.

Zeromus_X
07-12-2010, 08:02 AM
I hate the heat.

During the day in Arizona, the average is 100-110F, but it can get up to 115 degrees on occasion. You can just feel the heat on your skin and it's really sweaty and humid and uncomfortable.

At night, the lowest it gets is 90 degrees.

Next winter, I'll try to remember this heat and not complain that it's "too cold" lol.

Værn
07-12-2010, 09:39 AM
The sun... it burns... make it go away D:

Chemical
07-13-2010, 02:32 AM
What? Who the fuck hates summer? I hate all of you.
Seriously? Apply to be in the next "I, Curmudgeon."

Shiny
07-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Don't be a beach. I hate the beach; which is another reason to hate the summer. Lakes are pretty great, but beaches are just no. Every time I go to a beach I get my little body taken out by a wave. I was on a floaty thing that some dude randomly gave to me and right I was about to turn around, a wave came and swept me in way passed where it was safe to be in the water. Then it pushed me all the way out on to the shore. Of course as always when this occurs my grandmother was right there laughing and pointing. Waves vs. Shiny