PDA

View Full Version : OCD to the mothersmurfing extreme

~*~Celes~*~
06-30-2010, 09:42 AM
There is ONE TINY eyebrow hair that I can't pluck yet because it's too short but DAMNIT IT'S ANNOYING THE MOTHERFUCK OUT OF ME THAT I CAN'T PLUCK THAT ONE SINGLE EYEBROW HAIR THAT NEEDS PLUCKED and my skin is really sore because i've been beating it with my tweezers and just ASDF SO FRUSTRATING THAT I'M ACTUALLY REALLY SMURFING MAD AT IT

are you ocd? how bad? Or, discuss any other disorders you have or funny stories or something. CHEER ME THE SMURF UP

Mo-Nercy
06-30-2010, 09:46 AM
I press the lock button on my car keys about a dozen times as I slowly walk away from the vehicle. xDD

~*~Celes~*~
06-30-2010, 09:50 AM
I do it twice. Have to do it twice to make sure.

Also I have to have everything aligned perfectly on my computer desk. Monitor in the middle of the desk, keyboard lined up to that, mouse off to the right the perfect distance away, webcam right in the middle of the monitor, speaker at a certain angle facing me...

My books are organized alphabetically first by genre, then by author, then by title. I have to have my shirts hung up in my closet by category then by color, THEN my absolute favorite of the group has to be on the right, least favorite on the left.

aquatius
06-30-2010, 10:12 AM
I always have to check my keys are in my bag before I leave.

When I'm at lessons I always have my stuff arranged in the same way: journal in the top left at a 90 degree angle with my pencil case on it, below that at the same angle a vocab book if I have it for that lesson with my hole puncher on top, to the left at a 90 degree angle my folder for that lesson and below in front of me my writing pad.

I really hate it when I'm in a room and the door's left open, especially my bedroom.

I'm always rubbing my nose to check if it's greasy (ew I know o_o it happened once and now I'm paranoid).

Usually even if I force myself to lose one of these habits or if one gets lost on its own I'll just pick up another one anyway :/

Rye
06-30-2010, 10:15 AM
I press the lock button on my car keys about a dozen times as I slowly walk away from the vehicle. xDD

Yesss.

Most of my OCD is consistent checking of things in my bag.

Laddy
06-30-2010, 11:17 AM
I am OCD.

I count stairs, syllables, tiles, and lamposts.

I have a weird sensation in which products must be preferred by their exact brand and/or flavor, variety, version etc., never their common name.

Colors. I am extremely OCD with colors.

OOC: Clothes or organized by type, brand, fabric, then color. All lights must be turned off, all doors closed. My bedsheets must be perfectly placed on my bed.

Makeup and hair has to be perfect, cannot use too much unwanted alliteration in my speech.

I'm a mess. :/

Bunny
06-30-2010, 11:19 AM
The people closest to me say that I am OCD. I don't believe them though.

Laddy
06-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Oh, and when I buy multi-flavored candy, I seperate all flavorss and eat them in ascending order from least to most favorite. I save one of each flavor though for the very end which I also eat from least to most favorite flavor.

Christmas
06-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Oh gosh, I guess I dun have any OCD. :bigsmile:

I am doing the direct opposite of most people does here, not organizing my clothes nor my books (All my books and mangas are dumped into one big cupboard! it is alway fun to try to dig something out from there! It is like treasure hunting! XD). :bigsmile:

I really never actually pay attention to all these minor details in life I guess maybe except my hair. Ya, just my hair. XD :bigsmile:

Rantz
06-30-2010, 11:33 AM
The spices in the spice rack must always face forward.

blackmage_nuke
06-30-2010, 11:51 AM
I have quite a few habits but not much OCD except for liking numbers of things that come in perfect powers

Jiro
06-30-2010, 01:57 PM
FUCK YOU GUYS ITS CDO IT MUST BE ARRANGED ALPHABETICALLY I CANT BELIEVE YOU STILL HAVENT FIGURED IT OUT YOU ARE ALL LIARS YOU ARE NOT CDO AND YOU ARE JUST IMITATORS.

I'm not really obsessive-compulsive. Sometimes I err that way but I can right myself easily enough.

oddler
06-30-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm very meticulous and somewhat pedantic but I don't have OCD. :choc2:

Agent Proto
06-30-2010, 03:57 PM
In some ways I am, in others I'm not. I'd say I don't have a big problem with OCD, though some things are meant to be in a certain order.

smurf YOU GUYS ITS CDO IT MUST BE ARRANGED ALPHABETICALLY I CANT BELIEVE YOU STILL HAVENT FIGURED IT OUT YOU ARE ALL LIARS YOU ARE NOT CDO AND YOU ARE JUST IMITATORS.
SHUT UP IJOR! :mad2:

Fujiko
06-30-2010, 04:15 PM
The spices in the spice rack must always face forward.

BREE VAN DE KAMP! xD

I kinda have an OCD to some extent, yeah; I don't organize after colours and such, but like, my place has to be clean (I clean pretty often), and most things need to be where they should be eventually (not that important if it's not done right away) if it's my place/room/whatever. Hmm... I don't hang my clothes after colours, but rather shirts with shirts, jeans with jeans, dresses with dresses etc. Every type has its own place, but size or colour don't matter to me. I don't really care which books are with which, but most of the time I prefer to have manga or novels and such in one bunch, and scientific books in one etc; so they're separate. Only because it makes them easier to find when I look for specific books.

While I'm not that OCD, I admit I must be to some extent. :p

Meat Puppet
06-30-2010, 04:18 PM
I’m probably as far from OCD as a fellow can get. Sometimes I think I left the iron on, but I shrug it off and say whatever happens happens.

Momiji
06-30-2010, 05:28 PM

Same here. I check doors a lot, too. I have to stare at my garage door when leaving to make sure it's closed, and even then I'll look back a bunch of times, or even turn around and come back just to make sure.

Clo
06-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Eh, you guys know none of you REALLY have OCD right, haha? :p Because I've worked with children who genuinely have it, and it's a lot more horrifying to behold. One of my students screamed if it was Tuesday and you told him it was Wednesday, and twitched in his seat when something on the board was crooked. He also banged his head on the wall when one of the events in his schedule was cancelled.

Y'all just picky.

Rantz
06-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Of course, these are just slight OC tendencies. Saying you have OCD is kind of like saying "it's driving me insane" when you're not actually going insane - it's just a simplified way of saying you're getting somewhat agitated.

Momiji
06-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Yeah, of course not. I just have anxiety issues. :p

~*~Celes~*~
06-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Eh, you guys know none of you REALLY have OCD right, haha? :p Because I've worked with children who genuinely have it, and it's a lot more horrifying to behold. One of my students screamed if it was Tuesday and you told him it was Wednesday, and twitched in his seat when something on the board was crooked. He also banged his head on the wall when one of the events in his schedule was cancelled.

Y'all just picky.

Actually I AM that bad, I'm just good at not banging my head on my desk :| I really had the urge to last night. It was awful :(

Also, I'm the same about the spices. And they have to be organized a certain way too. My recipe cards are all organized. My DVD collection is organized. EVERYTHING HAS TO BE ORGANIZED A CERTAIN WAY

Bunny
06-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Everyone in this thread likely has OCPD, not OCD.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-30-2010, 10:32 PM
When I leave the apartment and no one is home, I have to check the gas stove (pilots included), windows (I live on the first floor) and sometimes tuck in my stuff animal. This all happens several times and can take usually 5 minutes, sometimes more. Then, when I finally locked the door, I check that. Several times by turning it and shaking it in both right, left and neutral positions.

*coughs*

Iceglow
06-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Kinda surprised Paul didn't come in here laughing at my ocd cleaning tendencies. I cannot live in a messy place. I'm so fucking highly strung about this that I will stress out over the slightest mess. When he came down for my birthday I all but freaked out on the sunday because my lounge was messy.

I have a nickname of "Steve Cilit-Bang" (a pun on my sur-name) because I love that stuff I clean with it like constantly.

Raistlin
06-30-2010, 10:53 PM
You people are freaks (except Clo, Bunny, and Meat Puppet).

~*~Celes~*~
06-30-2010, 11:37 PM
When I leave the apartment and no one is home, I have to check the gas stove (pilots included), windows (I live on the first floor) and sometimes tuck in my stuff animal. This all happens several times and can take usually 5 minutes, sometimes more. Then, when I finally locked the door, I check that. Several times by turning it and shaking it in both right, left and neutral positions.

*coughs*

Oh Bobby, ILU for this :heart:

Shiny
06-30-2010, 11:52 PM
I have a nickname of "Steve Cilit-Bang" (a pun on my sur-name) because I love that stuff I clean with it like constantly.

I thought that Said Steve Clit-Bang for a second.

I am definitely not OCD in the cleaning sense because I let my clean laundry pile up messily on my desk before for days before I do anything about it. I also rarely make my bed unless company is coming over, but even then I sometimes just don't care. Eventually when I can be bothered, I dust and vacuum my room. The only thing I can say I'm anal about is my nails. I manicure, sand, and then there must be no dirt under the nail. I can't stand if there's dirt. One time there was a piece of chicken somehow wedged in my nail. I dunno.

Fujiko
07-01-2010, 12:14 AM
You people are freaks (except Clo, Bunny, and Meat Puppet).

:kaofight:

Christmas
07-01-2010, 12:29 AM
I have a nickname of "Steve Cilit Girl-Bang" (a pun on my sur-name) because I love that stuff I clean with it like constantly.

I think this is your real nickname. :bigsmile:

Iceglow
07-01-2010, 12:46 AM
I thought that Said Steve Clit-Bang for a second.

I have a nickname of "Steve Cilit Girl-Bang" (a pun on my sur-name) because I love that stuff I clean with it like constantly.

I think this is your real nickname. :bigsmile:

What is with you women and assuming these things...I mean they're all true :jokey: but still you know I gotta keep my reputation for not being a slut really clean.

Nod
07-01-2010, 12:49 AM
I used to lean towards OCD when I was younger but it's faded with time and confidence. I used to wash my hands excessively. In multiples of four( ie using soap and rinsing, then again), I couldn't stop on an odd number. Sometimes I'd just wash my hands over and over and over and had to work really hard to force myself to stop. Then I couldn't touch anything for a while. If I touched the floor, I had to wash my hands, and doorhandles, pets etc. If I got nervous, I would wash my hands as a kind of reassurance mechanism.

Now it's not so bad, I can usually keep it under control! I used to have lots of other little obsessions (lights turned off and on, shoes being lined up in my bedroom, curtains pulled the correct way) but I squashed them all, only this one has persisted.

"I have to turn the light off and on 8 times when i walk into a room otherwise my family will die," guy from the cafeteria in the museum in a Friends episode. haha. :D

NorthernChaosGod
07-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Everyone in this thread likely has OCPD, not OCD.

Yeah! :colbert:

Having said that, I yell at my friends when they put my stuff back in any other way than the way I had it.

I put all my stuff away in a particular way.

oddler
07-01-2010, 01:48 AM
Hey guys, my brother is gay because he beat me at cards.

Hambone
07-01-2010, 03:27 AM
Hey guys, my brother is gay because he beat me at cards.

:eek: Small world.

Shlup
07-01-2010, 03:47 AM
Everyone has OCs, but I do not believe I have a D.

My OCs:
Hairs that need to be plucked (thanks for reminding me)
Even limb stimulations (like, if I step on a stair mid-foot, I have to do it with the other foot, or if BJ smacks my right arm I tell him he has to smack my left)
Uhh... A couple of others I can't think of. Nothing that's a big deal.

oddler
07-01-2010, 03:49 AM
Even limb stimulations (like, if I step on a stair mid-foot, I have to do it with the other foot, or if BJ smacks my right arm I tell him he has to smack my left)

Hahaha my wife does that same thing! Weird.

Raistlin
07-01-2010, 03:56 AM

Wtf?

Shlup
07-01-2010, 03:56 AM
BJ actually does it too. I'm sure a lot of people do.

It just bugs the :bou::bou::bou::bou: outta me!

Oh, that reminds me, I can't stand it when I realize my fingernails are touching my skin. BJ sometimes presses on my finger just to set me off, and I start pushing my fingers against my palm to pull it away from my nails. I don't do it hard enough to hurt though so whatever.

NorthernChaosGod
07-01-2010, 06:19 AM
Everyone has OCs, but I do not believe I have a D.

My OCs:
Hairs that need to be plucked (thanks for reminding me)

Does... does this go for other body parts?

Shlup
07-01-2010, 06:21 AM
I SAID LIMBS AND I MEANT LIMBS.

Mostly.

Rodarian
07-01-2010, 06:59 AM
Oh, that reminds me, I can't stand it when I realize my fingernails are touching my skin.

Woman! That is just weird!!:screwy: Fingernails always touch skin!!!

Shlup
07-01-2010, 07:00 AM
I KNOW THIS BUT IT STILL PAINS ME.

And now you've set me off.

Rodarian
07-01-2010, 08:45 AM

I feel soo sorry for BJ.. Raistlin can handle you better...

Værn
07-01-2010, 12:03 PM
I'd say that I obsessively wash my hands a lot, but if I was to actually pay attention to how often stray/wild animals are involved it probably wouldn't be that far out of the ordinary at all.
Aside from that... ummm... all cards in a deck must be rotated in the same direction unless the backs are perfectly symmetrical, nobody can see the unfinished product of anything I'm writing, etc, etc.

NorthernChaosGod
07-01-2010, 06:21 PM
I SAID LIMBS AND I MEANT LIMBS.

Mostly.

Your ass is part of a limb.

oddler
07-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Shove it up the tops of your legs, NCG. :)

Raistlin
07-02-2010, 12:28 AM

I feel soo sorry for BJ.. Raistlin can handle you better...

http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/images/smilies/pimp.gif

And I agree, she's a total freak.

NorthernChaosGod
07-02-2010, 04:21 AM
Shove it up the tops of your legs, NCG. :)

:lol:

qwertysaur
07-02-2010, 03:21 PM
There are certain things that will set me off. I know when I am set off because I have a very odd restless feeling throughout my body that's really hard to explain :|

~*~Celes~*~
07-02-2010, 08:44 PM
There are certain things that will set me off. I know when I am set off because I have a very odd restless feeling throughout my body that's really hard to explain :|

That's exactly how I feel when mine is set off too. It's like you can't sit still and you have to do SOMETHING and it's like *TwitchtwitchJOLT*

blackmage_nuke
07-03-2010, 03:48 PM
When I use chopsticks they have to be the same length

Jiro
07-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Same width too, Kentarou?

Zeldy
07-04-2010, 05:41 PM
I’m probably as far from OCD as a fellow can get. Sometimes I think I left the iron on, but I shrug it off and say whatever happens happens.

This, although I never iron. I shrug everything off and don't care about my possessions one bit. I lost my passport on a night-out, I was incredibly intoxicated, but my exact response when my friend told me it wasn't in my bag was a shrug and a movement to the bar. Luckily, my friend found it on the floor. :}